As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Shammy chat!

• Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That's mob to player, and Shaman aren't known for MTing.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ah

players also cannot crush. special attacks can be blocked crits, normal attacks can't, i don't think

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I got the new SSO exalted neck and also made my Assassin's Alchemist stone...did I waste some money? :)

Bigity on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bigity wrote: »
    So I got the new SSO exalted neck and also made my Assassin's Alchemist stone...did I waste some money? :)

I bought the Might version and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Trying to work up my rep with the Scryers to activate it's second effect. Seems like the Aldor might have the better Exalted-effect however.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh, the proc is affected by rep? I'm almost halfway into Revered but am getting a ton of signets and tomes from the dailies (from 2 characters).

Bigity on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The proc only works if you are exalted.

shadowane on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    The proc only works if you are exalted.

Whaa, that sucks.

Good thing you can get a lot of Scryer rep through Quel'Danas questing.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    yeah you gotta be exalted

hence why i dropped 1k to power from friendly to Exalted

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Here's what you get from each pendant (via WoW-Wiki) depending on which side you're Exalted with.

Acumen: The Aldor proc is Light's Wrath, which grants +120 spell damage and healing for 10 seconds. The Scryers proc is Arcane Bolt, which is a bolt that causes 333-367 arcane damage with an infinite range and a chance to crit. The bolt is affected by spell critical strike rating, but not +spell damage and healing or spell hit.

Restoration: The Aldor proc grants +220 healing and +74 spell damage for 10 seconds. The Aldor proc rate is roughly 4% (tested empirically over several hundred attempts). The Aldor affect does not stack, if it procs while a previous buff is still active, the buff refreshes back to 10 seconds. The Aldor affect does not have an internal 'once per unit time' cap. Procs have been observed while a previous proc was still in affect. The Scryer proc grants "Arcane Surge" - Instantly Heals Target for 618-682.

Resolve: The Aldor proc grants +100 dodge rating for 10 seconds. The Scryer proc grants +100 expertise rating for 10 seconds.

Might: The Aldor proc grants +200 Attack Power for 10 seconds. The Scryer proc grants Arcane Strike, which is 333 to 367 Arcane Damage that can also crit for double, based on melee crit rate.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Okay so every 70 shaman I talked to on my realm said levelling as elemental sucks, how right are they?

815165 on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Okay so every 70 shaman I talked to on my realm said levelling as elemental sucks, how right are they?

On a scale from 1 to right, pretty damn right. Until you hit 60 you just won't have the phat lewts to compete with enh. Sure, it works, but comparatively speaking, Enh is so much easier.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    From 2.4.2 patch notes:

"Most Main-Hand weapons are now One-Hand weapons."

Hmmmmm. Could open up some new weapon choices, especially off-hands.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Might try enhancement 10-60, elemental 60-70 and then go resto.

815165 on
  • Options
    GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Don't spec resto until you absolutely have to and you are done with questing.

I love healing, but damn if I can't get shit all done anymore.

Gork on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Enhancement for life. :)

On another note, I've been working on my gear and I think I've improved what I've been wearing since the last time I've posted my Armory link. Thoughts?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=Owenashi

Owenashi on
  • Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

They're right, to some extent, but personally I've never gone enhancement and I leveled perfectly well. If you like pew pew and drinking, then elemental might be your bag. Play whatever you find fun.

Litejedi on
    3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    The EmitThe Emit Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Owenashi wrote: »

On another note, I've been working on my gear and I think I've improved what I've been wearing since the last time I've posted my Armory link. Thoughts?

I don't know what kind of access you have to badges, but http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=33507 is nice and cheap. It procs a lot too.

Also, I dont know how interested you are in enchanting out your gear. But I put it off for a long time. Recently I got around to enchanting all my gear and it's made a huge difference.

CE Revered enchant on my helm, aldor rep enchant on shoulders, +12 agil to cloak, +6 stats to chest, +12 str on bracers, +15 str to chest, and mongoose on both weapons.

I haven't put any kind of armor kit on my legs yet as that's the next thing I'm hoping to upgrade through badges.

If you want to check out my gear:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kel%27Thuzad&n=Filin

It's all pretty much 10 man or lower gear.

The Emit on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Elemental looks so nice to level. Lightning bolt hits like a truck, the talents make it hit like a truck driven like a truck, and the new easy to access gear makes it look like a truck carrying trucks driven by the Grand Lord of Trucks.

But you go OOM, you get interrupted.

Thanks for making it look awesome Blizzard.

(Enhance for life)

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I don't know what to grab next with badge gear.

MH fist weapon?
    100-badge mail chest?
    Feral druid belt?
    new badge gloves?

I also WTB group to farm heroic MgT so I can get the expertise trinket, but who wants to take an enhance shaman along? Not PuGs, and my guildies I run with, well, I'm not sure we could tank it.

Bigity on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Owenashi wrote: »

Save up some badges and get Stonebreaker's Totem stat. I assume you normally use Bladefist's Breadth instead of that Riding Crop, too. Try and farm up an Hourglass of the Unraveller from BM, and a pair of Outland Striders from Arcatraz.

e: Also, the Desolation set is very nice for pre-Kara gear, but good luck seeing any of it drop.

Here's mine.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't know what to grab next with badge gear.

MH fist weapon?
    100-badge mail chest?
    Feral druid belt?
    new badge gloves?

I also WTB group to farm heroic MgT so I can get the expertise trinket, but who wants to take an enhance shaman along? Not PuGs, and my guildies I run with, well, I'm not sure we could tank it.

What I did just before the badge vendor opened was run my current gear through Yo's! sim and then use the Lootrank link on the Import/Export tab to see what would be the biggest upgrade (just be sure to factor in the relative gear cost). To get the EP values (basically they give every piece of gear an overall rank, EP standing for Enhancement Points), just tick the Find EP Weight checkbox and then set the number value to about 10,000. It'll take a while to run but its by far the best way to find upgrades, although you don't really want to trust it for weapon choices.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yea, I did that after I posted yesterday :D Calculated the EPs anyway, then I plugged them into Lootrank manually. Didn't realize there was an automated way.

Ok, the 3 biggest upgrades for me now:

Right Fist of Brutality (a 149 point EP upgrade from my S1 mace) -- 105 badges
    Scaled Drakeskin Chestguard (77 EP upgrade) -- 100 badges
    Gauntlets of Rapidity (61 EP upgrade) -- 75 badges

/sigh

I'm a little confused on if the weapon EP upgrade value is skewed because it's a 2.5 speed weapon, the only EP values for weapons I could find were based on 2.6 speed.

Bigity on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Is the main-hand off-hand change going to be just good, or fuckawesome for enhancement? How about from a blue/Kara purple perspective?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm a little confused on if the weapon EP upgrade value is skewed because it's a 2.5 speed weapon, the only EP values for weapons I could find were based on 2.6 speed.

You can't compare EP values between weapons and armor because of the way they are calculated, but unless you have access to S3/4 weapons the MH is the best you are going to be able to get, so even if it isn't the absolute best use of badges you probably won't upgrade it and it looks awesome.

Septus wrote: »
    Is the main-hand off-hand change going to be just good, or fuckawesome for enhancement? How about from a blue/Kara purple perspective?

It should be nice for leveling pre-Outlands, but Outlands still has the problem of only having a handful of weapons available while you level of the appropriate speed for either hand. Magister's Terrace helped a lot with that at 70 at least, since it has both a rare (normal) and epic (heroic) 2.6 speed axe drops. Most of the Kara weapons were already made one-handed in a previous patch (most importantly the Fool's Bane and The Decapitator).

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just think of adding two +228 healing weapons to my healing set.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    devicesdevices Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    hi guys :)

i have a 33 shammy atm and i've been playing around with a few specs (leveling enh)... i was wondering, if i post the links to the builds here can you guys tell me how feasible they are?

i only ask cuz i dont wanna be like, "lookit this build lololol"

devices on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Makershot wrote: »
    I just think of adding two +228 healing weapons to my healing set.

Most likely these changes will only be on dps weapons for exactly that reason.

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Akira wrote: »

You can't compare EP values between weapons and armor because of the way they are calculated, but unless you have access to S3/4 weapons the MH is the best you are going to be able to get, so even if it isn't the absolute best use of badges you probably won't upgrade it and it looks awesome.

Yea, that makes sense. Oh well, I can always hope Nightbane drops the Conniver piece to hold me over :D

I also already have threat issues while our tanks are still gearing up, and I'm kind of concerned about adding that MH weapon. I'd probably have to drop WF from my off hand or something, or stand around alot.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hot damn.

Dragonstrike is now one-handed and NON-Unique on the PTR. If so, I may have to drop herbalism and pick up Hammersmithing.

Assuming they would be better, naturally.

Bigity on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Septus wrote: »

From a pre-Kara perspective, this change is god. However afterwards, it really isn't that much of a problem.

Foolsbane, Decapitator, the BS one-hander, Netherbane, the Phoenix main hand. that's pretty much the order of upgrades for enhancement shaman, attainable in that order.

pretty much all you have to do is get one Foolsbane from Illhoof(Or a Decapitator from prince) and be a mace/axe smith, and you are set for quite awhile, hell, even till the first boss of BT(Which drops the next upgrade).

Transporter on
  • Options
    nourishnourish Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Two interesting threads over in the shaman forums about enhancement pvp, one on arenas and one on bg's:

Need help in PvP? Ask Push!
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5974219800&sid=1&pageNo=1
    This thread is by an enhancement shaman who is on the 15th place team in the 5v5 arena. It mainly is a "you can do iiiiit" thread. Here is his sheet:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark%20Iron&n=Push

A Guide to BGs as Enhancement
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5720533164&sid=1&pageNo=1
    This one has a nice breakdown of suggestions for enhancement in BGs. I found the discussion on using shields and totem choices by class interesting.

The use of shields vs melee, and points in imrpoving block vs a little more mana, was the main difference between Push (more mana for the arenas) and Borganor (surviving melee in the bgs).

Both are probably nothing new to good enhancement shaman, but if you are leveling or struggling the seem worthwhile.

nourish on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So my shammy is a leatherworker and intends to be resto at 70, is the Netherstrike Armor a good healing set aswell as being a good elemental set?

815165 on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's not a good healing set. You'll get more healing and mp5 from blues.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh, awesome. I have a holy pally with useless blacksmithing and a resto shammy with useless leatherworking.

Why can't I try to be less of a moron, just once?

815165 on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

if i'm on my druid, vegetarian, I might be able to tank for you... haven't tried heroic MgT on my druid yet, but he's got pretty good gear; just bought the 100 badge chest. Although, i'd be hoping for my trinket instead of yours, the first run...

dojango on
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    I was lucky enough to get my Shard of Contempt on my first and only heroic MgT run. It's quite nice, and procs quite a bit. Definitely worth the effort.

My gear's changed, well, a lot since my initial appearance in this thread so hey, new armory link! The new badge vendor's fist weapons are fucking amazing, by the way. Been playing with haste rating recently.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Celilthis

cr0w on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh, awesome. I have a holy pally with useless blacksmithing and a resto shammy with useless leatherworking.

Why can't I try to be less of a moron, just once?

None of us are proud of you

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    dojango wrote: »

if i'm on my druid, vegetarian, I might be able to tank for you... haven't tried heroic MgT on my druid yet, but he's got pretty good gear; just bought the 100 badge chest. Although, i'd be hoping for my trinket instead of yours, the first run...

Holy crap I saw you running around the other day, cause I remember chuckling over the name.

I'll have to add your chars to my friend list so I can see when you are around.

13 badges til my Right Fist of Brutality! Then I'll have the set and can work on the mail chest piece.

And I really should switch my epic Kara ring from resto to enhance, but I don't really have 2 decent healing rings. I guess I keep hoping I get the ring from Prince.

Bigity on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Idiot Check: Okay, I figure I must be missing something obvious here. My enhancement shaman is 52, no special gear but not badly geared either; in particular to this problem he doesn't have the PvP trinket.

Trying to kill Vile Priestess Hexx in the Hinterlands as part of the Saving Sharpbeak quest. This mob used to be elite, but is now normal.

Problem is, she still chain-hexxes you (polymorph, except it doesn't break on damage and doesn't heal). The hex is instant (so I can't Earth Shock it), in fact about half the time last night she had me re-hexxed before I could mouse-turn and flame shock her. She destroys any totems I try to put downas soon as I'm hexxed.

Is there a way for a Shaman to break or prevent that Hexx that I'm missing? After giving up last night it occured to me that Grounding Totem might prevent the first one but given what I saw of her AI it's gone the minute a hex sticks. The quest reward is good enough I may have to see if I can talk a friend into helping but I'd prefer to solo it if I can.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well... Stoneclaw totem combined with grounding totem would help. Stoneclaw has a chance to stun her when she attacks it... and it should take a couple hits. Might give you a bit of breathing room.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
This discussion has been closed.