Options

Thread Left 4 Dead; make a new Dead Thread 4 Dead

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Good match Phosph, Jdark and everyone else. Was a fun comback to win with only 3 players :)

>:)

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you light the tank on fire, just run away, he dies after 30 seconds of fire regardless of health.

Otherwise run AND shoot. Preferably a shotgun. Use your speed to your advantage and turn a lot. Also don't get hit by normal zombies, or it's over.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Endomatic wrote: »
    If you light the tank on fire, just run away, he dies after 30 seconds of fire regardless of health.

Otherwise run AND shoot. Preferably a shotgun. Use your speed to your advantage and turn a lot. Also don't get hit by normal zombies, or it's over.

In Advanced it's 40 seconds. Or maybe Expert.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think it's 40 seconds all around, since fire deals damage based on % of health. It deals 1/40th of the lifebar every second.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm going to be playing around 11 AM tomorrow, EST, if people want to play too. My day is pretty open, so schedule some time to play!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think it's 40 seconds all around, since fire deals damage based on % of health. It deals 1/40th of the lifebar every second.

According to whatever file deals with stats and such, it's different for each difficulty.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Sol InvictusSol Invictus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TK-42-1 wrote: »
    Would you settle for nine minutes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5uHt4AwYb4

knapp is insane. but i remember seeing somewhere that the guy shoots like 1000 shells a day or something stupid like that. also i love how the vid cuts out at 'oh no... oh shi---'

Holy. Shit. That was insane.

Sol Invictus on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    8ft shotgun? Yeah, maybe that's the way to go.

Ridiculous Jedi shotgun master? Again, a good choice.

The Piecemaker. Will blow a hole in the Earth.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    768 drivers? Which ones are those?

Newest are 180.48

By freezing, do you mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46UI-cNuK0Q

Yes, that's exactly what happens. Seizes up for a few seconds at a time. It's rather bad when, say, a hunter has just pounced or a horde has just spawned. It's also just really obnoxious.

I get this once or twice per level. :(

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    scootch wrote: »

Newest are 180.48

Yes, that's exactly what happens. Seizes up for a few seconds at a time. It's rather bad when, say, a hunter has just pounced or a horde has just spawned. It's also just really obnoxious.

I get it probably 10-15 times during any given campaign on average. I was trying to play No Mercy yesterday and froze maybe 6 times in the first level, so I gave up.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    FaffelFaffel Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you set your resolution to Borderless Window and set it to your desktop res, it should fix the stuttering. It didn't do anything to my framerate, makes alt-tabbing easier, and I actually forgot I even used the setting until the other day.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sol InvictusSol Invictus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I looked up IMDB out of boredom and found out some cool shizz about the voice actors. As everyone knows, the voice of Zoey is also the voice of Cortana in Halo 3, but let's talk about the others.

Bill is Father Grigori. This is unexciting, so let's move on.

The guy who does the Helecopter Pilot is the same voice for Pyro and Spy.

Houseboat Radio guy is Sniper.

Airplane guy is Heavy/Demo

Church guy is Scout!

Better safe than sorry. Better safe than sorry. Better safe than sorry. BONK!

Sol Invictus on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Holy. Shit. That was insane.
    I can't believe i watched all of that.

Sick though.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    sonictksonictk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Actually I watched that before, but I think Jerry Miculek was better. Revolver, 6 shots, reload and 6 shots again in under 3 seconds. (Speedloader was used, of course, but STILL)

That's a spy I want on my team.

sonictk on
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Those are all excellent weapons but I'd rather take less risk and stick to what works, for example a

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_okvBRnVCfw

xD

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Why don't all the servers in the OP show up in that "Show group servers list" thing once in the game?

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    scootch wrote: »

Newest are 180.48

I get it probably 10-15 times during any given campaign on average. I was trying to play No Mercy yesterday and froze maybe 6 times in the first level, so I gave up.

I had this because I installed SP3 on XP in order to play GTA. Then I restore-pointed back to SP2 an all was dandy again.

Movitz on
  • Options
    ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I'm playing No Mercy with a bunch of pubbies right? We start off infected. Awesome. But the other team is pro. They aren't going to waltz through the door like normal people; they're going to drop through the skylight like badasses.

Unfortunately for them, Bill is getting a little slow in his old age. I nab him with the smoker tongue before he can jump through, and my boomer buddy vomits right on him. Perfect. By the time the survivors get back, Bill is nearly incapped. The boomer is recharged, so he vomits on them while our hunters jump in and take a couple distracting swipes at the rest of the group.

And that's when my foot hit the surge protector.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffff-

Probad on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh shit man, that really sucks.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Probad wrote: »
    So I'm playing No Mercy with a bunch of pubbies right? We start off infected. Awesome. But the other team is pro. They aren't going to waltz through the door like normal people; they're going to drop through the skylight like badasses.

Unfortunately for them, Bill is getting a little slow in his old age. I nab him with the smoker tongue before he can jump through, and my boomer buddy vomits right on him. Perfect. By the time the survivors get back, Bill is nearly incapped. The boomer is recharged, so he vomits on them while our hunters jump in and take a couple distracting swipes at the rest of the group.

Oh God, I used to do that all the damn time at work. Problem was it was the guy across from me whos computer was connected to it.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I looked up IMDB out of boredom and found out some cool shizz about the voice actors. As everyone knows, the voice of Zoey is also the voice of Cortana in Halo 3, but let's talk about the others.

Bill is Father Grigori. This is unexciting, so let's move on.

The guy who does the Helecopter Pilot is the same voice for Pyro and Spy.

Houseboat Radio guy is Sniper.

Airplane guy is Heavy/Demo

Church guy is Scout!

Better safe than sorry. Better safe than sorry. Better safe than sorry. BONK!

That's awesome. i wish there was an option to make them speak in TF2 voices.

Or if Valve had thrown a BONK! in when you open the door to the saferoom. Seems like something they would do, but I guess they didn't want to mess with the atmosphere.

elevature on
  • Options
    ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    elevature wrote: »
    Or if Valve had thrown a BONK! in when you open the door to the saferoom. Seems like something they would do, but I guess they didn't want to mess with the atmosphere.

This should be the sound when the tank hits you.

BONK!

Probad on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Who would like to play?

I would.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    marty wrote: »
    Those are all excellent weapons but I'd rather take less risk and stick to what works, for example a

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_okvBRnVCfw

xD

Marty where did you

How

I salute you

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Roland and I are going to get a bunch of achievements. No incaps, pistols only, (hopefully no witch disturbs), and beat the finale with no damage taken.

Any takers?

Hit me up

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Pistols only and no finale damage?

aha

I'll pray for you

Gumpy on
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Roland and I are going to get a bunch of achievements. No incaps, pistols only, (hopefully no witch disturbs), and beat the finale with no damage taken.

Any takers?

Hit me up

You better take a demo of that, because I'll only believe Untouchables and Akimbo Assassin in the same run if I see it.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Your guide to getting certain achievements easily:

1. If you want the achievement where you use no healthpacks at all, but get incapp'd mysteriously and against your will, all you have to do is get a health pack, go idle, let the bot heal, then come back. Voila! You still get the achievement! This was proved by the 3rd law of Roland, on the 13th of December.

2. If you want to get through a finale without taking any damage, easy is the way to go, but good friggin luck. There are many very small variables that make this extremely difficult. You take no damage from Friendly Fire, so it looks like you've taken no damage at all, but this is a lie, I'm pretty sure that is what made us fail today, as proved by the 6th law of c r y o h a z a r d, on the 13th of December.

3. If you want to get through a campaign with no incaps, be friggin aware of ladders. A slight mis-step, and you'll fall 5 feet, getting incap'd. This has been proved by the 2nd law of Roland, on the 13th of December.

4. For pistols only, just turn it on easy, and go with others who already have it, they can use weapons, so just hang behind them. If a tank comes, let them deal with it. No problem. This was proved by the 1st law of Icemopper, on the 13th of December.

Achievements suck.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Probad wrote: »

Wow, thats unlucky. I love it when a plan comes togther *cue A-Team music*

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Pistols only and no finale damage?

aha

I'll pray for you

There were multiple times we got through the entire finale with next to no damage, or no discernible damage, and we still didn't get this achievement. It could be thanks to custom servers, or something like that, but the first time I was still doing pistols only, and only one guy got hit twice...

Oh well, maybe another time.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Man what when I got akimbo assassin, I got it with three other people, on expert

Don't easy it out |:

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    Why don't all the servers in the OP show up in that "Show group servers list" thing once in the game?

Something is really borked with it, as I know I haven't changed the settings for mine, so it should still show.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Okay, sorry if this has already been discussed to death, but I haven't been able to follow this thread as much as I'd like. I was originally going to get this on Steam, but my gaming PC died back at the end of September, and I have no idea when I'll be able to revive it (dead AGP slot, which pretty much means I'd bee foolish not to just overhaul the whole thing).

As such, I've been contemplating getting it on the 360, but I'd rather not play with pubbies. So how is the 360 version's following here? And will I just be wishing I were playing it on PC, or does the console version do it justice? The previews I've seen so far have me cautiously optimistic.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Man what when I got akimbo assassin, I got it with three other people, on expert

Don't easy it out |:

Well I got 4 other achievements simultaneously, so it was just for fun, and no problem.

I'll do an expert pistols only run one day, I'm sure.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Something is really borked with it, as I know I haven't changed the settings for mine, so it should still show.

If you have a password or search key set, it won't show.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    expendable wrote: »

If you have a password or search key set, it won't show.

I don't have either of those things set. Like I said, I set up the server with no password or anything, just as a exclusive server for the Steam group. I haven't touched those settings since I set them up. Then one day my server (and several others) magically stopped showing up.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Your guide to getting certain achievements easily:

1. If you want the achievement where you use no healthpacks at all, but get incapp'd mysteriously and against your will, all you have to do is get a health pack, go idle, let the bot heal, then come back. Voila! You still get the achievement! This was proved by the 3rd law of Roland, on the 13th of December.

2. If you want to get through a finale without taking any damage, easy is the way to go, but good friggin luck. There are many very small variables that make this extremely difficult. You take no damage from Friendly Fire, so it looks like you've taken no damage at all, but this is a lie, I'm pretty sure that is what made us fail today, as proved by the 6th law of c r y o h a z a r d, on the 13th of December.

3. If you want to get through a campaign with no incaps, be friggin aware of ladders. A slight mis-step, and you'll fall 5 feet, getting incap'd. This has been proved by the 2nd law of Roland, on the 13th of December.

4. For pistols only, just turn it on easy, and go with others who already have it, they can use weapons, so just hang behind them. If a tank comes, let them deal with it. No problem. This was proved by the 1st law of Icemopper, on the 13th of December.

Achievements suck.
    I only do achievements on Expert.

Is it true pistols only won't be valid if you die and respawn with a primary?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've heard people say it is ok to pick up a primary weapon as long as you don't shoot it. I'd assume the same applies to a respawn.

Tertiee on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, as long as you don't shoot an enemy with it picking up weapons is okay. I think you can even shoot into the air with it and it'll work.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    WembleyWembley Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Do molotovs and pipebombs count when trying to get akimbo assassin?

Wembley on