Options

Dead Space Wii announced

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't know, curbstomping with the nunchuck? Sounds good to me.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dagrabbit wrote: »
    t Genji: I didn't like Resident Evil 4, but I liked Dead Space. Dead Space controlled better and had less of an emphasis on scrounging ammo/upgrades on the Normal difficulty level. It was less survival horror and more of an action game with horror elements. I'd recommend trying it even if you don't typically like survival horror games.

hey cool a helpful post

Thanks dude, this is what I wanted to hear. I might give it a rent when it comes out and see what it's like.

Genji, don't feel too bad. I don't care for Survival Horror games either. In fact put me in the RE hate field too. I'm glad that the Wii is getting this game for those who like the other version and have a Wii or those who don't have other systems other than the Wii...since it gives them a chance to play it.

Personally I'm giving it a pass, since I won't even bother on the 360. They are just not my thing.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Genji GlovesGenji Gloves ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    agoaj wrote: »
    Dagrabbit wrote: »
    t Genji: I didn't like Resident Evil 4, but I liked Dead Space. Dead Space controlled better and had less of an emphasis on scrounging ammo/upgrades on the Normal difficulty level. It was less survival horror and more of an action game with horror elements. I'd recommend trying it even if you don't typically like survival horror games.

hey cool a helpful post

Thanks dude, this is what I wanted to hear. I might give it a rent when it comes out and see what it's like.

There are zombies in it though.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I love the "/exit thread" bit of your post. Because it was destined to be untrue :lol:

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    jclast wrote: »

It's all about priorities. I'd rather have pretty than waggle. Also, I'm afraid they'll push motion controls on player for more than aiming (which is all they're really good for in games that aren't Wii Sports). It also boils down to where I do most of my gaming - if I'm going to pick up a multiplat single player game I'll pick it up for 360 because that's what most of my friends play on and it's nice to still get invites for multiplayer shenanigans.

Oh don't get me wrong. I love my pretty graphics. I'm just saying with some effort it could look damn nice.

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Rohan wrote: »
    I love the "/exit thread" bit of your post. Because it was destined to be untrue :lol:

More people would do well to take my posts less seriously. There is a joke in every flame, and a laugh in every rant.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Helloween wrote: »

After watching the first 2 chapters via Helloween's LP I want to give it a spin but not on Wii. The aiming might be easier for some with the Wii, but it looks like the graphics and sound will have to take a huge hit to get it running on last-gen hardware.

To be fair it's a really pretty game, but taking a huge hit? I wouldn't assume so. Look at what Nintendo did with Mario. When it comes down to it this could look damn nice on the Wii it just needs some effort on their part. Ok sure it wont be as nice as the 360/PS3/PC versions but hey, no one is expecting it to be. As long as they can keep what made the game so damn good in the first place (ie. the game play) it should be fine.

I for one am actually looking forward to what they can do with this. And for the guy screaming how much he hates Resident evil 4 and will there for hate Dead Space. How about taking a look at it first hmm?

It's all about priorities. I'd rather have pretty than waggle. Also, I'm afraid they'll push motion controls on player for more than aiming (which is all they're really good for in games that aren't Wii Sports). It also boils down to where I do most of my gaming - if I'm going to pick up a multiplat single player game I'll pick it up for 360 because that's what most of my friends play on and it's nice to still get invites for multiplayer shenanigans.

And I would rather a developer try to put a game out on as many platforms as possible to make some money in this time when many are folding. Not to mention make it available on the one console I own, vs. never having it on said console. I do hope that it is done well though, and not just chopped and thrown together. The PS2 ports that have been getting placed on the Wii are making people assume it's not capable of anything.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

More people would do well to take my posts less seriously. There is a joke in every flame, and a laugh in every rant.

I'm sorry, I'm just a sucker for dramatic exits, because they're so un-cliche.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Helloween wrote: »

After watching the first 2 chapters via Helloween's LP I want to give it a spin but not on Wii. The aiming might be easier for some with the Wii, but it looks like the graphics and sound will have to take a huge hit to get it running on last-gen hardware.

To be fair it's a really pretty game, but taking a huge hit? I wouldn't assume so. Look at what Nintendo did with Mario. When it comes down to it this could look damn nice on the Wii it just needs some effort on their part. Ok sure it wont be as nice as the 360/PS3/PC versions but hey, no one is expecting it to be. As long as they can keep what made the game so damn good in the first place (ie. the game play) it should be fine.

I for one am actually looking forward to what they can do with this. And for the guy screaming how much he hates Resident evil 4 and will there for hate Dead Space. How about taking a look at it first hmm?

And I would rather a developer try to put a game out on as many platforms as possible to make some money in this time when many are folding. Not to mention make it available on the one console I own, vs. never having it on said console. I do hope that it is done well though, and not just chopped and thrown together. The PS2 ports that have been getting placed on the Wii are making people assume it's not capable of anything.

I'd love to see it do well, too, but I'm not exactly what you'd call optimistic. All of the above is just personal preference on my part in regards to control schemes, graphics whore-ness, and community connectivity.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Ah, "it was just a joke/don't take the internet seriously." Common phrases internet trolls everywhere use to try to justify themselves. And both in the same paragraph, no less.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I'm sorry, I'm just a sucker for dramatic exits, because they're so un-cliche.

Yeah, about as un-cliche as a sputtering death scene wherein the leading man professes his love for the leading lady as she clutches him in her arms and screams his name into the heavens as he gasps his final breath with the words "i'll be waiting for you...", cue dramatic orchestrated track, as the camera focuses in on a feather dancing in the wind, following its path high into the sky, depicting it as the symbol of the leading man's soul as he ascends into heaven.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Ah, "it was just a joke/don't take the internet seriously." Common phrases internet trolls everywhere use to try to justify themselves. And both in the same paragraph, no less.

Except I'm not a troll, I'm just a half-gypsy, half-jewish organ grinder with very unpopular opinions and hard-to-digest ways of voicing them.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Maybe we should stop feeding the troll.

So, anyway... how 'bout that Dead Space on Wii? I think I might actually buy it a second time, because I bought the pc version and was so pissed off that the developers hadn't been bothered enough to give me proper mouse control. I don't want to be forced into using a gamepad because the mouse and keyboard controls were lazily developed. If Dead Space comes with RE4 controls or similar, I might actually get to play the game longer than two minutes without swearing.

Rohan on

• Options
    edited February 2009

Except I'm not a troll, I'm just a half-gypsy, half-jewish organ grinder with very unpopular opinions and hard-to-digest ways of voicing them.

And there's the variation on "telling it like it is," another typical way people try to justify being pointless assholes.

So many cliches popping up in this thread for some reason.

At any rate, I really need to give Dead Space a try. I've heard some people have had reservations about it, but since so many people seem to like it I should see it for myself, I guess.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

So, anyway... how 'bout that Dead Space on Wii? I think I might actually buy it a second time, because I bought the pc version and was so pissed off that the developers hadn't been bothered enough to give me proper mouse control. I don't want to be forced into using a gamepad because the mouse and keyboard controls were lazily developed. If Dead Space comes with RE4 controls, I'll be happy.

Problems with the PC mouse controls are apparently fixed by disabling Vsync. Give that a shot.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    edited February 2009

And there's the variation on "telling it like it is," another typical way people try to justify being pointless assholes.

If you think about something hard enough, cliches will pop out from every angle like a wall of Magic Eye™ stereograms.

By the cut of your jib, I'd say you're more than likely a goon.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Evangir wrote: »

So, anyway... how 'bout that Dead Space on Wii? I think I might actually buy it a second time, because I bought the pc version and was so pissed off that the developers hadn't been bothered enough to give me proper mouse control. I don't want to be forced into using a gamepad because the mouse and keyboard controls were lazily developed. If Dead Space comes with RE4 controls, I'll be happy.

Problems with the PC mouse controls are apparently fixed by disabling Vsync. Give that a shot.

Tried that, no go unfortunately :/

Rohan on

• Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, anyway... how 'bout that Dead Space on Wii?

I really hope it's good. I just have no faith in the "focus group" aspect of this, hence the blatant trolling vis-a-vis Chop Till You Drop.

If they can support the MotionPlus and give me 1:1 limb dismemberment, oh hell yes.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I really hope it's good. I just have no faith in the "focus group" aspect of this, hence the blatant trolling vis-a-vis Chop Till You Drop.

If they can support the MotionPlus and give me 1:1 limb dismemberment, oh hell yes.

Oh my, that'd be awesome. Something for the MadWorld developers to think of? ^^

Rohan on

• Options
    edited February 2009

Why would you need motion plus to aim a gun? You can do that with the remote as is.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Why would you need motion plus to aim a gun? You can do that with the remote as is.

Well, for targeted melee, I'm guessing.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

If you think about something hard enough, cliches will pop out from every angle like a wall of Magic Eyeâ„¢ stereograms.

Well, let's make that a little more specific. He is probably from GBS or ATDRW.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I dunno, they could actually make this better than the original. The gameplay in DS was mostly repetitive and unrewarding, perhaps waggle controls would be capitalized on to make it more visceral. I do agree that losing out on the graphics (and possibly sound) could hurt the game, because the atmosphere was the only thing that it had going for it, but they just might make up for it with the controls. Maybe they'll even add interesting enemies or variety :P
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I have not played Dead Space but everyone keeps saying great things about it so I'm sure I'll check it out eventually. But considering what a dream RE4 Wii is to control I'll take that kind of precision control over HD any day.
    The problem here is that increased accuracy would just make the game even less challenging - Necromorphs aren't exactly hard to deal with as it is.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009

That and motionplus isn't magic, it's just another gyroscope to give the Wii more information.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I'm sure it doesn't need the MotionPlus or better precision, but if it means I can chop the legs off a Slasher and then remove both arms as it's falling, I want it.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I know we should really move on, but this is the only board I visit. What's GBS or ATDRW?

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

If you think about something hard enough, cliches will pop out from every angle like a wall of Magic Eyeâ„¢ stereograms.

Well, let's make that a little more specific. He is probably from GBS or ATDRW.

Both loathesome for different reasons. The PA forums are so much more chill, even if I really don't find the comic funny at all anymore. I still notice goons wherever I go, though. It's like a plague.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I know we should really move on, but this is the only board I visit. What's GBS or ATDRW?

You were called a goon which on the internet means SomethingAwful.com, GBS is the forum General Bullshit and the other one is some other forum there.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited February 2009

You should totally join Something Awful's forums. You'd fit right in.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009

You were called a goon which on the internet means SomethingAwful.com, GBS is the forum General Bullshit and the other one is some other forum there.

Oh, that one. Okie dokie.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ugh

can we keep this thread on topic please

if you want to start a thread about the Something Awful forums you're more than welcome, there's two (2) forums where you could appropriately do that

Captain K on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I liked DS enough that I will probably pick up the PS3 version (since I already own the 360 version) down the road. And then after that I will get the Wii version because I don't want to spoil myself with the controls.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Captain K wrote: »
    ugh

if you want to start a thread about the Something Awful forums you're more than welcome, there's two (2) forums where you could appropriately do that

Sorry, I'm pretty much Captain Off-Topic.

Anyway, Dead Space. There are zombies in it? That sucks, but then again Eternal Darkness did too and I loved it. It's the only such game I ever enjoyed playing. It could still have potential, I guess. Wouldn't hurt me to rent it.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I'm sure it doesn't need the MotionPlus or better precision, but if it means I can chop the legs off a Slasher and then remove both arms as it's falling, I want it.

Yeah, that should be possible with the remote as is. Because the only thing you need for that is for your enemy to be falling slowly (stasis) and then track a single point on the screen where your gun is aimed.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ugh

Anyway, Dead Space. There are zombies in it? That sucks, but then again Eternal Darkness did too and I loved it. It's the only such game I ever enjoyed playing. It could still have potential, I guess. Wouldn't hurt me to rent it.

There's a demo, check it out.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Behemoth wrote: »
    ugh

You know I tried the demo but the controls, as usual, were alot more complicated and convoluted than they needed to be.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Behemoth wrote: »
    ugh

It's for PC though, I assume, and I won't be able to play it on this hunk of junk.

The Wii's the only current-gen console I own.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    /shudder

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    /shudder

Yeah, I really wish I had a 360 to go with it. I know I'm missing out on shit, but money is tight right now.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    /shudder

You say that like playing games on all consoles were the most important thing in the world and as if the Wii didn't have its fair share of gems.

RockinX on