Options

[WoW] Warriors: But if I use my mouse to turn, how do I click on Rend?

• Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    regarding the overpower spell reduction stuff... You can only use overpower if your target dodges (or parries w/ the glyph). I reckon most casters aren't too spry on their feet, though, relying on their magic to keep warriors off them, not their innate 5% dodge chance. So if you do get "lucky" and they dodge you, sure, it might be nice, but it does not seem too likely. overpower is mainly used against non-casting rogues and druids.

edit: Oh, did not see this taste for blood talent. Guess that changes things up a bit. forget what I just posted, then.

dojango on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I was about to post that before then I remembered the taste for blood talent and bit my tongue to avoid being stupid the way you just were :)

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I was about to post that before then I remembered the taste for blood talent and bit my tongue to avoid being stupid the way you just were :)

The new TfB basically means "overpower every 6 seconds while rend is up," yeah?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Everyone IS currently within 5% damage of each other, with the exception of splitting caster and melee DPS at high gear levels on short fights.
    Stop being doom and gloom.

This isn't the official forums and it gets tiresome you guys acting like Blizzard doesn't know what they are doing.

They do, so shut up.

I don't think anyone is being doom and gloom. Derpimacow.

More Arms Changes

* Improved Intercept and Weapon Mastery have once again swapped places in the talent tree.
    * New Talent: Juggernaut: Grants the warrior the ability to Charge while in combat.
    * Unrelenting Assault: Now also increases the damage of Overpower and Revenge by 10/20%, and causes Overpower (when used to attack a casting target) to decrease the effectiveness of all the target’s non-physical damage and healing by 25/50% for 6 seconds. Tooltip and visual updated

Wait, what?

while pretty good for warriors

that would make pvp so horrificly annoying for casters

it's an ms on everyone augh

melee zerg melee zerg lol

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Uh...Arms has MS anyway so what's the big deal?

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    ms is 1 target

if that ability is on you, MS is on every target

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And if MS is on a target AND you have UA on the healer, the MS target is going to die. Period.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    oh god if they stacked arghhhhhhh

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    HOTsticking for 25% effectiveness? Fuck yeah!

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Though if you mistime your overpower and land it while they aren't casting anything, they're not in trouble. So, a resto druid will be fine as long as he's using hots, while a holy paladin might be in trouble.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wait, what?

What does "MS is on every target" mean?

edit: Er, wait, nevermind. I get it now.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Can anyone recommend a good leveling Fury build? I have an Alliance alt that's close to level 10, so I'm going to have to start choosing talents soon.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good leveling Fury build? I have an Alliance alt that's close to level 10, so I'm going to have to start choosing talents soon.

Not too much to worry about, really. Stay away from Unbridled Wrath and Imp Demo Shout, but don't worry too much about the rest - most everything is useful. Blood Craze isn't helpful in groups, but leveling it can help alleviate downtime, so feel free to grab that if it tickles your fancy.

I noticed when looking at glyphs that mmo champion's talent calc says the glyph of heroic strike increases its crit chance by 100%. Surely that can't be right.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It gives you 10 rage when heroic strike crits.

khain on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've been dying to know. Where did the thread title come from?

Henroid on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Comes from a WoW webcomic called Dark Legacy.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    DL is good for a chuckle every now and then.

Also, I respecced Fury.

I miss my shield.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DL is good for a chuckle every now and then.

Also, I respecced Fury.

I miss my shield.

I did the same two days ago... I feel your pain brother.
    Somehow pummel is just not as fun as Shield Bash.

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It wouldn't surprise me if the UA ability were changed to work regardless of whether or not the target is casting.

forty on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I hope they update the PTR soon to reflect the changes in the most recent notes. Currently I'm planning on having both my specs be PvE arms and PvE TG. I think I might scrap the PvE TG one for prot/fury build to mess around with soloing old content. Maybe try out an overpower/bloodthirst based 2h fury build.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Prot Pve and Prot PvE: Return of the Killer Prot Spec for me

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I can't wait for the Dual spec change to go in, I have been building up my epic craftable tank stuff / rep rewards for the last week. I will hopefully have decent enough stats that I will be able to tank heroics with a stacked ground so I can also ninja all the plate DPS gear :D

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I can't wait for the Dual spec change to go in, I have been building up my epic craftable tank stuff / rep rewards for the last week. I will hopefully have decent enough stats that I will be able to tank heroics with a stacked ground so I can also ninja all the plate DPS gear :D

There are so many DK's now I'm afraid of what things will be like for my warrior alt when he reaches 80. Rolling against a million DK's along with paladins and other warriors....and that's if I can even get into groups/raids.

If everyone starts rolling for both of their dual specs on everything it's going to make it impossible to get a decent gear set.

Dman on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Dman wrote: »

There are so many DK's now I'm afraid of what things will be like for my warrior alt when he reaches 80. Rolling against a million DK's along with paladins and other warriors....and that's if I can even get into groups/raids.

If everyone starts rolling for both of their dual specs on everything it's going to make it impossible to get a decent gear set.

I would assume that even with the dual spec system people will still have a primary spec, and that typical loot rules will apply. It's just becoming easier to go to offspec, that's all.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I would assume that even with the dual spec system people will still have a primary spec, and that typical loot rules will apply. It's just becoming easier to go to offspec, that's all.

You would assume people won't be ninjalooting jackasses and cry that they went offspec for this run because the group/raid needed them to but normally their other spec is their main spec and consequently roll on everything

Dman on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    This is why my group will consist of Me tanking, my bff IRL healing (pally), and 3 warlocks.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This is why my group will consist of Me tanking, mybffjill healing (pally), and 3 warlocks.

I'm so sorry.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oats wrote: »
    This is why my group will consist of Me tanking, mybffjill healing (pally), and 3 warlocks.

I'm so sorry.

We are totally jealous that we don't have bffjill healbots, its true.

Dman on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You would assume people won't be ninjalooting jackasses and cry that they went offspec for this run because the group/raid needed them to but normally their other spec is their main spec and consequently roll on everything

That sounds like more of an administrative problem than anything else. People have always been loot whoring dbags, dual spec isn't going to have any effect on that. If you're in a guild run and loot is being assigned to somebody's off spec, that's a problem with the guild. If it's happening in a pug, it's your own fault for assuming loot would be distributed the way you want in pugs. In pugs the "main spec" is whatever spec you are at the time.

You make it sound like all of the people who currently are too cheap to pay a 50g respec cost to steal your loot are going to start coming out of the woodwork, paying 1000g right off the bat so they can have that privilege whenever they want. I don't much to change in the "people being assbags" department as a direct result of dual spec.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    The notion of "off spec" dissapears when you're talking about a dual spec system that allows for changes to glyphs, spec, and action bars with the press of a button, Grundle. Yes, if there are specs outside of your two specs that you want gear for, that's going to be what offspec is, but if my dual specs are Fury and Prot, well, you damn well bet I'm gonna go for both DPS and tanking gear, whether the other people like it or not.

Of course then that opens up proving what someone's dual spec is, and that might be impossible unless it's added to the armory.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The notion of "off spec" dissapears when you're talking about a dual spec system that allows for changes to glyphs, spec, and action bars with the press of a button, Grundle. Yes, if there are specs outside of your two specs that you want gear for, that's going to be what offspec is, but if my dual specs are Fury and Prot, well, you damn well bet I'm gonna go for both DPS and tanking gear, whether the other people like it or not.

Of course then that opens up proving what someone's dual spec is, and that might be impossible unless it's added to the armory.

All dual spec does is make it easier to respec. You will still have a primary role in a raid, because you can only do one at a time. You make it sound like people are going to be switching specs every other pull; they won't. Any guild that starts assigning loot to "dual specs" over people who perform that role 100% of the time will be doing themselves a disservice. There will certainly still be "main specs" and "off specs." You didn't suddenly become a feral druid because you don't have to go pay 50g for a respec anymore.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yes, but now you can actually put the gear to use. Before you had to spend that 50g, now you just shuffle shuffle. If I am raiding as prot I am only going to go for Fury gear if a) everyone already has it or b) I am in a heroic and I made my intentions clear.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This all seems pretty obvious, at least as far as a guild is concerned. I play a protection warrior in my guild, but I've been preparing for dual-spec by stocking up as much Fury gear as I can whenever something is going to get disenchanted. The whole reason I'm doing this is for fights like Sapphiron, Thaddius, Maexxna, etc that don't need all the tanks that you've probably brought to your raid for the few fights that do need three. It'll allow me to contribute more on those fights, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to try and take loot over somebody whose primary role 100% of the time is DPS. That would be silly.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    This all seems pretty obvious, at least as far as a guild is concerned. I play a protection warrior in my guild, but I've been preparing for dual-spec by stocking up as much Fury gear as I can whenever something is going to get disenchanted. The whole reason I'm doing this is for fights like Sapphiron, Thaddius, Maexxna, etc that don't need all the tanks that you've probably brought to your raid for the few fights that do need three. It'll allow me to contribute more on those fights, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to try and take loot over somebody whose primary role 100% of the time is DPS. That would be silly.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So uh. You guys pretty bummed about the TG nerf?

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    So uh. You guys pretty bummed about the TG nerf?

It's actually a buff
    to other classes' self esteem :lol:

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm pumped about the TG nerf. One of my characters is a cat druid, so having Arms be as good as Fury (I hope) should mean I won't have to use mangle in some situations. Additionally, one of the fury warriors in my guild is a total dick who thinks he's god's gift to the world because of his overpowered ezmoade spec and dual BoHs (and other top end gear). It'll be fun to see him get knocked down a peg.

forty on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well TG was completely OP.

At level 70 I was pulling something like 1400+ dps in Nexus.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm not sure that level 70 performance with 3.0 talents in 2.0 gear is a solid indicator of whether a spec is OP.

But yes, fury did need to get toned down a bit.

Grundlestiltskin on
This discussion has been closed.