As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game

• Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Was Hylian planning on starting his game soon?

That'd be an affirmative. Look for the thread later tonight.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Who is in your game? And are there open slots left, or no?

Darian on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I love BSG.

I have read along (albeit spottily) in several games, and am reading the rulebook currently.

If there is a game with a seat open in the future, I hope to apply.

shouldnt you be playing popular the popular online role playing game 'eve online' :|

hehe

:P

It had it's charms but they wore out on me.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I want in, if it's still possible.

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Agreed. :P

Wildcat on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    One of our IRL games, I was the admiral and had picked 2 astroid fields (3 distance and -2 fuel). Then I became a cylon during sleeper phase. I finished the game unrevealed and bled them dry of fuel. They were at distance 7, but could not jump again because they only had 1 fuel left. Then a crisis card came up that I got to put my cards in last on, that had a fail of lose 1 fuel. So I dropped like 7 or 8 cards at the end of the check. It wasn't even close.

You suck.

I honestly couldn't think of a way to get that fuel back. Throwing you in the brig would not have helped too terribly much, because I'm not sure we would have been able to get that fuel back anyway.

Also, way to have a gf that prevented playing the other night.

EDIT: That sounds awesome Gandalf

You don't lose from fuel loss until the end of the turn. Scout out a destination that can give you fuel back, save a strategic planning for it, and hope.

It was the end of the turn. It was a crisis card that made us lose the fuel. Unless that doesn't count.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    One of our IRL games, I was the admiral and had picked 2 astroid fields (3 distance and -2 fuel). Then I became a cylon during sleeper phase. I finished the game unrevealed and bled them dry of fuel. They were at distance 7, but could not jump again because they only had 1 fuel left. Then a crisis card came up that I got to put my cards in last on, that had a fail of lose 1 fuel. So I dropped like 7 or 8 cards at the end of the check. It wasn't even close.

You suck.

I honestly couldn't think of a way to get that fuel back. Throwing you in the brig would not have helped too terribly much, because I'm not sure we would have been able to get that fuel back anyway.

Also, way to have a gf that prevented playing the other night.

EDIT: That sounds awesome Gandalf

You don't lose from fuel loss until the end of the turn. Scout out a destination that can give you fuel back, save a strategic planning for it, and hope.
    It was the end of the turn. It was a crisis card that made us lose the fuel. Unless that doesn't count.

By the time the crisis hit, it was too late. Earlier, though, when you saw fuel starting to run low you could dig for a good refueling station in the destination deck, then force a jump. In an ideal world, where you have plenty of actions and such.

Darian on
  • Options
    Zombie NirvanaZombie Nirvana Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I own this game but haven't played it yet. I have a question regarding skill checks. Everyone throws in cards, right? How do you not notice who threw in which cards to the pile? Is it just chaotic or are they shuffled or what? Seems like it would out the Cylon immediately. Or maybe I'm way off in my understanding of the gameplay.

Zombie Nirvana on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I own this game but haven't played it yet. I have a question regarding skill checks. Everyone throws in cards, right? How do you not notice who threw in which cards to the pile? Is it just chaotic or are they shuffled or what? Seems like it would out the Cylon immediately. Or maybe I'm way off in my understanding of the gameplay.

The cards (including the 2 from the destiny deck) are shuffled once they are all received. So you have 2 randomly-typed cards mixed in with everyone's selections... it makes it pretty easy for the toasters to blend in. The only way you will know for sure that the toasters contributed negative cards is if there are at least 3 negative cards contributed.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

First, two random cards are put in FACE DOWN from the destiny deck (which is prepared by taking two cards from each type and shuffling them together into a 10 card deck). Next, each player in order adds as many cards as they want, still FACE DOWN, finishing up with the active player. Someone takes all the cards and shuffles them all together, then flips them over one at a time and counts up all the positive values then subtracts the negative values to find the total for the check.

So while you know how many cards each person contributed, you do not know exactly what each person is putting in.

Darian on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If anyone is up for playing over VOIP on the interwebs tonight, I would be willing to gamemaster it.

We have people that would like to? Like soon-now?

Rend on
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    If anyone is up for playing over VOIP on the interwebs tonight, I would be willing to gamemaster it.

Which program were you thinking of using? I'm all over that, Mortal Enemy Rend.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Valkun wrote: »

I was hoping you'd be on, so you could provide some insight, since you've done it before.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I was hoping you'd be on, so you could provide some insight, since you've done it before.

We did it over IRC last time. Perfect for sending private messages and you can load up a dice bot.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    How long did your IRC game take, Valkun?

I'm intrigued, but it's getting late now... I have to work tomorrow and have an ultimate frisbee game late tomorrow night...

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Irc sounds good. So if we can gather 2-5 more players sufficiently quickly we'll play a round or two tonight.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I want to say 2-3 hours. A little longer than a real life game since I had to type everything that went out.

Valkun on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Slashnet, I presume?

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    NosajiNosaji Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey, I'd be up for it! I'm a sucker for this game!

Ironically, El Skid, I'm only here because my Ultimate Frisbee practice was canceled due to heavy rain.

Nosaji on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Alright, contact me via PM or AIM or somehow if you'd like to play, I'll give you the server/channel, and we'll see if we can get this ball rolling. I'm waiting on IRC now.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I want to say 2-3 hours. A little longer than a real life game since I had to type everything that went out.

More like 3-4 hours; I think we started just after 9 and finished up a bit after 1. Whenever all the posts showed up here in this thread.
    So yeah the three-cylon rule in a six-player game doesn't work very well.

That was 1:36 AM, so it was 4 hours.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ugh. Sorry guys. I REALLY wanted to play, but my request for permission just got denied by the President/Admiral.

On the bright side, I think she's going to toss me in the brig now :winky:

Have fun without me, and give the toasters whatfor!

El Skid on
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If it's going to take such a long time any chance of doing a game on the weekend?

Tertiee on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    We need one more to have 5 people playing. Join today!

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Persons limit reached. Will post more later.

Rend on
  • Options
    Zombie NirvanaZombie Nirvana Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the clarification regarding the skill check. I didn't know there were outside dummy cards put in, that would skew things quite a bit towards ambiguity. Sounds... eeeeexcellent.

Zombie Nirvana on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Internet died, just came back, IRC sputtering but I'll figure it and BRB ASAP

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Posting to remind myself to comment/question on humans never winning while I'm not tired tomorrow.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Posting to remind myself to comment/question on humans never winning while I'm not tired tomorrow.

We did quite well actually. The only thing I think we did wrong, except you being terrible at getting crisis cards with jump track, was when we tried to kite the raiders. I mean that shit worked really well for like 5 turns, until Sloth got an activate raiders at the end of my turn and then activated them again on his turn. Losing for civis in one go was kinda bad. I also feel like my use of the nukes was at the right times.

Since we lost from population I really feel like that was our major error. We did really well controlling the other factors, damage on galactica, and We beat a 24 check for Sloth's super crisis between 2 people (I mean I totally dropped like 18 myself).

Maybe we just need to figure out when a better time to damage the basestars is vs. going after raiders. We routed sloth out maybe 2 turns after sleeper, so IDK what more we could have done. I really feel like we played that pretty good, but just got unlucky. I would need to contribute a fair amount of cards for two 10+ skill checks 2/3 turns when I was only getting 5 more every 1/3.

What can I say... 3 person games are hard for the humans. I really feel like 4 isn't bad, but we haven't gotten a chance to hit up a 5-6 yet.

Also:
    The problem was I was unrevealed and the admiral, so I was deliberately putting all those on the bottom of the deck while conveying the dismay we all felt that even if I DID draw a fuel planet, we wouldn't be able to jump to it anyway. At the time I wasn't sure how the fuel thing worked and it is nice to know that now, since that is how we played it tonight and it made much more sense. Fuel Planet + strategic planning + having 1 re-roll per turn came in very handy.

Also I don't think I am ever going to play adama again given the choice. The reroll from helio is just TOO good.

Crimsoncoyote post your thoughts tomorrow as well :-) Good game overall.... we will get our win eventually. Hopefully next time you get to be a cylon so we can rock you.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

But we did. Details incoming.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Zellpher wrote: »

But we did. Details incoming.

Awesome details btw

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Good times.

Hard times, for some of us.

But good times.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yes, quite a long and exhausting game, but quite fun as well, filled with many great moments. I'm going to put up a log of the complete game, but highlights will come in soon enough once the lot of us have gotten some rest.

2009-02-26 Game Log (244 KB)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I def want in on your next IRC game

edit: I am up to where you gained +1 fuel and starbuck got damaged. Gonna finish this whole thing at some point today. I am gonna leave to head on campus in about an hour, but I should be back later to finish it.

How often do you do these IRC things?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I def want in on your next IRC game

edit: I am up to where you gained +1 fuel and starbuck got damaged. Gonna finish this whole thing at some point today. I am gonna leave to head on campus in about an hour, but I should be back later to finish it.

How often do you do these IRC things?

This.

I'll start reading the IRC log at work later and continue when I get home.

I'm not going to comment on our game just yet, going to nap for a bit before work :P

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I definitely enjoyed the IRC game last week; it would be nice to start a bit earlier if we can, though. Or run it on a day when I don't have to be teaching at 8:30 the next morning.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I had some noob mistakes that did me in as a cylon there.

First I didn't know how difficult it was to get out of the brig, so I didn't XO Helo out thinking we could just save cards since we weren't in danger. This probably made me look shady.

I also didn't know well enough to use Tyrol's once per game ability and dump my blue hand into staying out of the brig, which I probably should have done... since you don't blow up the ship from inside the brig :P

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh my god, that game was hilarious to watch, fun to host, and challenging to run.

Some highlights from the game last night:

Valkun "Can predict the future, but he can not change it"
    [20:22] <e_Saul_Tigh> roll for the basestars
    [20:22] <c_Helo> !roll 1 8
    [20:22] <@Rend&gt; [ c_Helo ] < 3 >
    [20:22] <a_Starbuck> Always with the shooting Galactica...really...
    [20:22] <@Rend&gt; K.
    [20:22] <@Rend&gt; Basestar misses
    [20:22] <@Rend&gt; 2nd basestar
    [20:22] <@Rend&gt; [ c_Helo ] < 5 >
    [20:22] <@Rend&gt; Hit!
    [20:22] <c_Helo> ECO reroll
    [20:22] <e_Saul_Tigh> use your reroll
    [20:22] <e_Saul_Tigh> woo!
    [20:22] <@Rend&gt; [ c_Helo ] < 4 >
    [20:22] <c_Helo> Awwww
    [20:22] <e_Saul_Tigh> damn
    [20:22] <c_Helo> I tried.
    [20:23] <a_Starbuck> Helo, hurry up and get your ass back to Galactica already.
    [20:23] <@Rend&gt; Hit again!
    [20:23] <e_Saul_Tigh> not Command, not Command, not Command
    [20:23] <c_Helo> My ass is busy, Starbuck.
    [20:23] <@Rend&gt; Command is damaged. Saul Tigh is sent to Sickbay
    [20:23] <e_Saul_Tigh> damn it
    [20:23] <c_Helo> LOL
    [20:23] <a_Starbuck> Hahahahaha.
    [20:23] <b_Baltar> *shake fist*
    [20:23] <a_Starbuck> Sorry, drunk man.
    [20:23] <fat_Apollo> that was kind of funny
    [20:23] <e_Saul_Tigh> I have what they call the shine

Oh, the irony. "WE COULD USE A HEAVY RAIDER ACTIVATION ABOUT NOW, GUYS."
    [20:53] <e_Saul_Tigh> come on no Raider, no Raider
    [20:53] <c_Helo> hopefully
    [20:53] <e_Saul_Tigh> we could use a nice Launch Raider or Heavy Raider right about now
    [20:53] <b_Baltar> "nice" , you say... better than the alternatives...
    [20:54] <e_Saul_Tigh> Better than losing half the fleet to a raider rush
    [20:54] <b_Baltar> indeed
    [20:54] <b_Baltar> That'd be hilarious
    [20:54] <a_Starbuck> Not going to happen. They have to get through me first.
    [20:54] <b_Baltar> Game beats us down and none of us are Cylons
    [20:55] <c_Helo> If it makes anyone feel better, this is NOT the worst start I've ever seen
    [20:55] <@Rend&gt; [Activate Heavy Raiders]
    [20:55] <a_Starbuck> Whew.
    [20:55] <c_Helo> Heavies!
    [21:06] <@Rend&gt; [Activate Heavy Raiders]
    [21:07] <e_Saul_Tigh> well frak
    [21:07] <a_Starbuck> We...we don't have any vipers in reserves, at least.
    [21:07] <e_Saul_Tigh> Should we use the secret destiny?
    [21:07] <b_Baltar> No, it has jump prep
    [21:07] <c_Helo> no, we'll jump soon
    [21:07] <e_Saul_Tigh> we're going to be taking on boarders
    [21:08] <a_Starbuck> Helo can take 'em out.
    [21:08] <c_Helo> They won't survive long
    [21:12] <@Rend&gt; Centurions: 1,1
    [21:13] <d_Galen> In that case I might not repair vipers right away in lieu of going to the armory... thoughts?
    [21:14] * b_Baltar plays Le-1 to give Tigh Executive Orders.
    [21:14] <c_Helo> I got the armory covered
    [21:27] <e_Saul_Tigh> actually, if you have any XO's
    [21:27] <e_Saul_Tigh> send them to Baltar
    [21:27] <c_Helo> baltar? Why?
    [21:27] <b_Baltar> why me?
    [21:27] <e_Saul_Tigh> Authorization of Brutal Force
    [21:27] <e_Saul_Tigh> can take out centurions
    [21:27] <b_Baltar> That could take a while to draw
    They begin rolling.
    [21:28] <c_Helo> !roll 1 8
    [21:28] <@Rend&gt; [ c_Helo ] < 2 >
    [21:28] <@Rend&gt; 4
    [21:28] <@Rend&gt; Fail
    [21:28] <c_Helo> ECO reroll
    [21:29] <c_Helo> !roll 1 8
    [21:29] <@Rend&gt; [ c_Helo ] < 4 >
    [21:29] <@Rend&gt; 4, fail
    [21:43] <c_Helo> !roll 1 8
    [21:43] <@Rend&gt; [ c_Helo ] < 1 >
    [21:43] <@Rend&gt; FAIL.
    [21:43] <c_Helo> GODS FRAKKING...
    [21:44] <b_Baltar> *sigh*
    [21:56] <fat_Apollo> !roll 1 8
    [21:56] <@Rend&gt; [ fat_Apollo ] < 4 >
    [21:56] <@Rend&gt; Fail
    [21:57] <e_Saul_Tigh> all of you are failures
    [21:57] <e_Saul_Tigh> Give me some guns, I'll show you how its done
    [21:57] <b_Baltar> This game. This game.
    [22:01] <a_Starbuck> That is, assuming your fingers aren't too large to pull the trigger
    [22:01] <e_Saul_Tigh> What's that say about fatty, slutty, and stupid?
    [22:01] <@Rend&gt; Apollo
    [22:01] <fat_Apollo> !roll 1 8
    [22:01] <@Rend&gt; [ fat_Apollo ] < 5 >
    [22:01] <@Rend&gt; Fail
    [22:02] <@Rend&gt; Try again apollo
    [22:02] <e_Saul_Tigh> I think we've seen you couldn't shoot in that last battle
    [22:02] <fat_Apollo> !roll 1 8
    [22:02] <@Rend&gt; [ fat_Apollo ] < 3 >
    [22:02] <a_Starbuck> Helo, if you get an XO, I'd suggest you play it on me or Apollo, that way we can get two shots off with your reroll ability on one.
    [22:02] <@Rend&gt; Fail.
    [22:02] <b_Baltar> *Face.* *Palm.*
    [22:02] <e_Saul_Tigh> *head shake*
    [22:02] <fat_Apollo> *pant* *wheeze* *huff*
    [22:11] <a_Starbuck> Frak yes
    [22:11] <a_Starbuck> Let's blow shit up!
    [22:11] <b_Baltar> Fire away, see what you can do
    [22:11] * a_Starbuck click BANG
    [22:11] <a_Starbuck> !roll 1 8
    [22:11] <@Rend&gt; [ a_Starbuck ] < 4 >
    [22:11] <a_Starbuck> !roll 1 8
    [22:11] <@Rend&gt; [ a_Starbuck ] < 2 >
    [22:11] <@Rend&gt; 2 fails.
    [22:11] <a_Starbuck> Seriously?
    [22:11] <e_Saul_Tigh> The fleshy bleedy things are humans, don't shoot those
    [22:11] <a_Starbuck> Seriously?
    [22:11] <a_Starbuck> This is just sad.
    [22:11] <b_Baltar> *shake fist*
    [22:11] <a_Starbuck> We are two competent humans and a sack of lard
    [22:12] <a_Starbuck> we should be able to take out a few metal monsters
    [22:12] <@Rend&gt; [Activate Heavy Raiders]
    [22:16] <@Rend&gt; Centurions: 2,2
    [22:19] * c_Helo moves to communications and plays 1 Leadership on Starbuck
    [22:19] <a_Starbuck> Alright.
    [22:19] <a_Starbuck> Let's give this another try.
    [22:19] <a_Starbuck> !roll 1 8
    [22:19] <@Rend&gt; [ a_Starbuck ] < 1 >
    [22:19] <a_Starbuck> eco reroll?
    [22:20] <c_Helo> right.... okay, ECO reroll
    [22:20] <a_Starbuck> !roll 1 8
    [22:20] <@Rend&gt; [ a_Starbuck ] < 3 >
    [22:20] <@Rend&gt; Fail.
    [22:20] <a_Starbuck> Arrrgh
    [22:20] <a_Starbuck> okay
    [22:20] <@Rend&gt; 2nd action
    [22:20] <a_Starbuck> attempt three
    [22:20] <a_Starbuck> !roll 1 8
    [22:20] <@Rend&gt; [ a_Starbuck ] < 2 >
    [22:20] <@Rend&gt; FAIL
    [22:20] <a_Starbuck> Frakking kidding me
    [22:20] <@Rend&gt; Holy jesus
    [22:20] <a_Starbuck> that is godawful
    [22:20] <fat_Apollo> godsdamnit
    [22:20] <@Rend&gt; Starbuc
    [22:20] <e_Saul_Tigh> you three numbskulls
    [22:20] <@Rend&gt; do me a favor
    [22:20] <@Rend&gt; Roll until you get a 7 or 8
    [22:21] <a_Starbuck> !roll 1 8
    [22:21] <@Rend&gt; [ a_Starbuck ] < 7 >
    [22:21] <@Rend&gt; k.
    [22:21] <a_Starbuck> ....
    [22:21] <d_Galen> lol
    [22:21] <b_Baltar> ....
    [22:21] <@Rend&gt; ROFL
    [22:21] <@Rend&gt; AHAHAHA
    [22:21] <a_Starbuck> That's just
    [22:21] <e_Saul_Tigh> you wasted it!
    [22:21] <a_Starbuck> fraaaaak
    [22:22] <@Rend&gt; [Activate Heavy Raiders]
    [22:29] <@Rend&gt; Centurions: 3,3
    [22:32] <e_Saul_Tigh> Oh lords of kobol, hear our prayer
    [22:32] <a_starbuck> !roll 1 8
    [22:32] <@Rend&gt; [ a_starbuck ] < 4 >
    [22:32] <@Rend&gt; FAIL
    [22:32] <d_Galen> One more shot.
    [22:32] <a_starbuck> !roll 1 8
    [22:32] <@Rend&gt; [ a_starbuck ] < 3 >
    [22:32] <@Rend&gt; FAIL
    [22:32] <b_Baltar> ...
    [22:32] <c_Helo> ..
    [22:32] <e_Saul_Tigh> ;;;
    [22:32] <fat_Apollo> ...
    [22:37] * e_Saul_Tigh storms into Weapons Control, plays 1 Leadership - Executive Order on Apollo
    [22:38] <e_Saul_Tigh> Don't let me down now, son.
    [22:38] * fat_Apollo roll 1 8
    [22:38] <e_Saul_Tigh> heh
    [22:38] <b_Baltar> ...
    [22:38] <fat_Apollo> !roll 1 8
    [22:38] <@Rend&gt; [ fat_Apollo ] < 1 >
    [22:38] <c_Helo> hehe
    [22:38] <a_starbuck> ouch
    [22:38] <fat_Apollo> !roll 1 8
    [22:38] <@Rend&gt; [ fat_Apollo ] < 5 >
    [22:38] <@Rend&gt; 2 fails.
    [22:38] <c_Helo> I'm just going to go cry now.
    [22:38] <d_Galen> caaaaake
    [22:38] <e_Saul_Tigh> we can see that
    [22:38] <b_Baltar> RNG Gods, why have you forsaken us?
    [22:38] <d_Galen> we have dumped so many cards into those assholes.
    [22:48] * fat_Apollo strategically plan my shots at the toasters
    [22:48] <b_Baltar> It's not as if we haven't been trying hard for it!
    [22:48] <fat_Apollo> !roll 1 8
    [22:48] <@Rend&gt; [ fat_Apollo ] < 2 >
    [22:48] <e_Saul_Tigh> argh
    [22:48] <@Rend&gt; [Activate Heavy Raiders]
    [22:48] <b_Baltar> O_O
    [22:48] <c_Helo> At what point do we start hitting each other?
    [22:48] <c_Helo> Oh for the love of crap.
    [22:48] <e_Saul_Tigh> should we wait until the final heavy raider prep to use Starbuck's ability?
    [22:48] <c_Helo> We need to hold off jumping as long as we can
    [22:49] <c_Helo> We do NOT want sleepers in this mess
    Starbuck decides not to use secret destiny.
    [22:54] <@Rend&gt; Centurions: 4,4
    [22:56] * a_starbuck Executivly orders Apollo to whoop some metal ass
    [22:56] <fat_Apollo> !roll 1 8
    [22:56] <@Rend&gt; [ fat_Apollo ] < 5 >
    [22:56] <fat_Apollo> !roll 1 8
    [22:56] <@Rend&gt; [ fat_Apollo ] < 3 >
    [22:56] <b_Baltar> tch.
    [22:56] <e_Saul_Tigh> gods
    [22:56] <c_Helo> okay, this is just comical now
    [23:01] <b_Baltar> *dai-shokku!*
    [23:01] <a_starbuck> !roll 1 8
    [23:01] <@Rend&gt; [ a_starbuck ] < 3 >
    [23:01] <a_starbuck> !roll 1 8
    [23:01] <@Rend&gt; [ a_starbuck ] < 4 >
    [23:01] <e_Saul_Tigh> argh
    [23:02] <@Rend&gt; This
    [23:02] <a_starbuck> frak me
    [23:02] <@Rend&gt; is absolutely ridiculous
    [23:02] <fat_Apollo> ahahahahahahahahahahahah
    [23:02] <fat_Apollo> aha
    [23:02] <fat_Apollo> haah
    [23:02] <fat_Apollo> ahahahah
    [23:02] <b_Baltar> Ridonkulous
    [23:02] <fat_Apollo> aahahahahahahah
    [23:02] <e_Saul_Tigh> at least helo's next
    [23:02] * fat_Apollo has gone mad
    [23:02] <a_starbuck> the odds of not having rolled one 7 yet are astronomical
    [23:02] <c_Helo> Lot of good that did me in my LAST two turns.
    [23:02] <@Rend&gt; [Advance Jump Prep]
    [23:02] <c_Helo> Well, TWO of us get to win this game.
    [23:15] <fat_Apollo> !roll 1 8
    [23:15] <@Rend&gt; [ fat_Apollo ] < 6 >
    [23:15] <e_Saul_Tigh> yay
    [23:15] <e_Saul_Tigh> wait
    [23:15] <a_starbuck> stop
    [23:16] <e_Saul_Tigh> I wanted to play a Strategic Planning
    [23:16] <d_Galen> I think that's the first 6 we've seen
    [23:16] <fat_Apollo> stopping
    [23:16] <fat_Apollo> oh
    [23:16] * e_Saul_Tigh plays 5 Tactics - Strategic Planning
    [23:16] <a_starbuck> on that roll i wanted to use a strategic planning is it to late?
    [23:16] <b_Baltar> well, you can still do so for the second roll
    [23:16] <e_Saul_Tigh> someone else may have a strategic planning for that roll
    [23:16] <@Rend&gt; I'll let you guys decide.
    [23:16] <fat_Apollo> so does that count or do i get to roll a 1 now?
    [23:16] <a_starbuck> but i expressed before the roll wanting to do it for the first roll
    [23:16] <@Rend&gt; Whether the planning is valid
    [23:16] <e_Saul_Tigh> <_< you'll let us use it on that 6?
    [23:16] <c_Helo> Well, I'm guessing it'll be 4 to 2 in favor of letting him.
    [23:16] <fat_Apollo> in RL he would have stopped me in time
    [23:16] <d_Galen> Starbuck got her WAIT in before the roll
    [23:17] <b_Baltar> well, since both of you wanted to do it, then
    [23:17] <a_starbuck> i did wait before he rolled
    [23:17] <c_Helo> Should we make him reroll it?
    [23:17] <a_starbuck> no
    [23:17] <e_Saul_Tigh> Helo is a Cylon
    [23:17] <e_Saul_Tigh> totally
    [23:17] <b_Baltar> starbuck can play for the first roll, and tigh for the second
    [23:17] <d_Galen> lol
    [23:17] <c_Helo> I am. But I'm a friendly cylon!
    [23:17] <@Rend&gt; I can agree to that
    [23:17] <fat_Apollo> ok
    [23:17] <fat_Apollo> so one hit then?
    [23:17] <@Rend&gt; one toaster down.
    [23:17] <@Rend&gt; Finally
    [23:17] <fat_Apollo> woo
    [23:17] <e_Saul_Tigh> did we finally get one?!
    [23:17] <e_Saul_Tigh> woo
    [23:17] * a_starbuck strategic plans that first roll
    [23:17] <b_Baltar> hooray!
    [23:17] <@Rend&gt; one more shot
    [23:17] * e_Saul_Tigh Strategic Plans the second one, STRENGTH 5
    [23:18] <@Rend&gt; tigh plays stratplan
    [23:18] <fat_Apollo> k
    [23:18] <fat_Apollo> rolling again
    [23:18] <a_starbuck> dont frak this up
    [23:18] <fat_Apollo> !roll 1 8
    [23:18] <@Rend&gt; [ fat_Apollo ] < 7 >
    [23:18] <@Rend&gt; OH MY GOD
    [23:18] <d_Galen> ha
    [23:18] <b_Baltar> :D
    [23:18] <e_Saul_Tigh> holy cow
    [23:18] <fat_Apollo> yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    [23:18] <e_Saul_Tigh> haha
    [23:18] <fat_Apollo> WOOO
    [23:18] <c_Helo> O.O
    [23:18] <a_starbuck> SWEEET!!!!!!
    [23:18] <fat_Apollo> WOW
    [23:18] <fat_Apollo> WOOO
    [23:18] <fat_Apollo> wOWOWOW
    [23:18] <fat_Apollo> OW
    [23:18] <fat_Apollo> Eoeow
    [23:18] <fat_Apollo> !!!!

Rend on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah that was insanity. Almost half the game was nothing but shooting at those two cents and scraping by on skill checks.

Hey Rend, how were you counting the Jump Track? When we jumped, did you reset the marker to Start or the first (/) spot?

I was looking over the rules again and it seems like we were jumping each time with one less prep than we needed, unless I'm mistaken.

You were doing 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, and then we would jump. We would never sit at 5/5.

START
    (/)
    (/)
    aaaaand AUTO

That's 6 preps required, no?

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    it was:
    0/5 (no)
    1/5 (no)