Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E] King of the Trollhaunt Warrens - Game Thread

DVGDVG Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Critical Failures
Title.png


It's a reasonably warm March Afternoon, and the adventuring company known as the Knights of the Blazing Sun continue their northward march along a trade road to a town known as Moonstair. They carried with them a package for the Mayor of that town, known as Kelana Dhoram. It's a bit on the easy side compared to the Knights normal work, but jobs in the south had dried up, and they were heading that way anyhow.

As you crest a small rise, your good mood changes palpably. A scene of horror unfolds in front of you on the road ahead. A gang of ferocious and hungry-looking trolls are pulling apart the carcass of a horse, quibbling over the choicer parts. The monsters are some 300 feet in front of you.


20s.png


Note: I've sort of made an assumption that you guys are going to approach closer. Feel free to hang back and take your time, we'll only need to be concerned with initiative order once you guys attempt to go closer than you are represented on the map. The trolls have not noticed you.

Map
Encounter-1-Round-1.png

Terrain
The light green and brown squares are the grass and road, respectively. The darker green is dense undergrowth, which provides concealment, but is also difficult terrain.

The Grey line is an old 4-foot high wall which can be used for cover. It costs 2 squares of movement to get over it.

All difficult terrain has been marked with a triangle.

Encounter Information
Siali 27
Edgil 25
Jack 22
Troll A HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
Troll B HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
Troll C HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
Troll D HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
Troll E HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
Aziz 19
Dardek 13

Roll Initiative and give me a nice clear !Ready when you want to move on to the fight.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
DVG on
«13456710

Posts

  • InxInx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dardek turns to the rest of his company, readying his hammer and shield.

    "Horrid creatures. This time it was a horse, but next time, it may be a child. It would be best to destroy them immediately."
    1d20+6 initiative roll = 13 I hope I'm doing this all right.

    Oh, shit, forgot my !Ready

    Inx on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Upon seeing the beasts Jack instinctively reaches for the sword on his back, withdrawing at the last second and looking at his friends, realizing they may want to take a different approach.

    Upon Dardek's word he lets out a grunt, as if in agreement, and fully draws his two handed blade.

    "Who knows what other horrors theses beasts have committed. Let us destroy them."
    Woot, first roll. Initiative: 1d20+7=22

    oh and !Ready

    Foolish Chaos on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Inx wrote: »
    Dardek turns to the rest of his company, readying his hammer and shield.

    "Horrid creatures. This time it was a horse, but next time, it may be a child. It would be best to destroy them immediately."
    1d20+6 initiative roll = 13 I hope I'm doing this all right.

    Oh, shit, forgot my !Ready
    Make sure you post the result of the roll in the thread, the link to invisible castle is more or less backing up your word

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • InxInx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DVG wrote: »
    Inx wrote: »
    Dardek turns to the rest of his company, readying his hammer and shield.

    "Horrid creatures. This time it was a horse, but next time, it may be a child. It would be best to destroy them immediately."
    1d20+6 initiative roll = 13 I hope I'm doing this all right.

    Oh, shit, forgot my !Ready
    Make sure you post the result of the roll in the thread, the link to invisible castle is more or less backing up your word
    Edited it to have the result.

    Inx on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    "I've found that trolls tend to destroy more of value than they create," Edgil says as he draws his orb from his bag. "We should certainly deal with these creatures."
    First initiative, woo! (1d20+6=25)
    I'd also like to take a minute to remember what I've read about trolls. Weaknesses? Resistances?
    Nature check on the trolls. (1d20+13=18)
    !ready

    Denada on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Denada wrote: »
    "I've found that trolls tend to destroy more of value than they create," Edgil says as he draws his orb from his bag. "We should certainly deal with these creatures."
    First initiative, woo! (1d20+6=25)
    I'd also like to take a minute to remember what I've read about trolls. Weaknesses? Resistances?
    Nature check on the trolls. (1d20+13=18)
    !ready
    You know that they are Trolls, but that's about it.

    DC was 20, just short :)

    EDIT:
    I lied, these are still technically heroic tier creatures.

    So you know their name, type and keywords.
    Troll, Large Natural Humanoids, and these particular ones are Brutes.

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Siali sighs as she sees the trolls. My contact will just have to wait.

    "If you dont mind, gentlemen," she says, drawing a dagger from her belt, "I would like to gain ground on these beasts."

    She falls back, away from the group and heads west, hiding behind the trees.

    if its alright with you, using Fleeting Ghost to move to B24 and make a stealth check
    Stealth (1d20+20=37)
    i would like to move as much as i can stealthfully (preferably to C16 eventually) let me know if i can keep moving pre-combat, otherwise ill just do it in combat.
    Initiative! (1d20+11=27)
    also !Ready if i cant keep moving.

    psolms on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aziz's orange eyes flared as they narrowed, the contrast with his brown scales giving them the look of a setting desert sun.

    "Four to Five," he nodded as Siali made her approach, "Seems like the odds are more than in our favor to me... let us give them a swift death, my lads."
    Initiative (1d20 7=19)

    and Aziz was born ready

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    Siali sighs as she sees the trolls. My contact will just have to wait.

    "If you dont mind, gentlemen," she says, drawing a dagger from her belt, "I would like to gain ground on these beasts."

    She falls back, away from the group and heads west, hiding behind the trees.

    if its alright with you, using Fleeting Ghost to move to B24 and make a stealth check
    Stealth (1d20+20=37)
    i would like to move as much as i can stealthfully (preferably to C16 eventually) let me know if i can keep moving pre-combat, otherwise ill just do it in combat.
    Initiative! (1d20+11=27)
    also !Ready if i cant keep moving.

    You can keep moving pre-combat, once you cross row 22, they'll get a chance to spot you with each movement.

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Encounter Information
    Siali 27
    Edgil 25
    Jack 22
    Troll A HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll B HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll C HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll D HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll E HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Aziz 19
    Dardek 13

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    We'll move forward in Initiative Order after Siali's pre-combat movements. If you guys want to give Siali free reign, say so and we'll assume everyone is delaying until the Trolls figure out what's up.

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DVG wrote: »
    We'll move forward in Initiative Order after Siali's pre-combat movements. If you guys want to give Siali free reign, say so and we'll assume everyone is delaying until the Trolls figure out what's up.
    Sounds like a fine idea.

    Foolish Chaos on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Map Update
    Encounter-1-Round-1b.png

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    alright then, here goes some sweet stealthy goodness.

    Siali reaches the edge of the trees and crouches, trying to remain hidden. She takes a step in to the wooded area and a twig snaps. She remains as silent as possible, waiting for a reaction from the trolls.

    Seeing no visible reaction, she heads north through the trees, remaining as silent as possible. When she reaches the treeline, she trips and makes a loud crashing noise. She curses under her breath, an elven explitive.
    mechanically, this is what im doing.
    A23 -> B22 with fleeting ghost
    first stealth roll:Stealth (1d20+20=24) (first step into the bushes)
    :shock: lets hope that still beats their passive perceprtion.
    second stealth: moving through trees B22->B18 Stealthing through the trees (1d20+20=21)
    :|... fuck you invisible castle. CRITICAL FAIL.
    currently in B18. (if they didnt see me in B22...)
    i doubt that critical fail will beat passive perception...

    psolms on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cool, you already did that, hang on :-p

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    yeah, those rolls didnt go so well...

    psolms on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You manage to sneak by without their notice at first, but when attempting to move through the undergrowth, you trip over a rather large log and swear loudly without meaning to. The trolls turn around in unison, blood dripping from their maws, and point at the party. "Meeeeeeaaat!"
    You get to B18, but the Trolls are aware now.

    Next Up: Edgil!

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    sorry guys :(
    did my best... IC might just hate me..

    psolms on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Map Update
    Encounter-1-Round-1c.png

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    "Let's see ... perhaps we'll try lightning? That should hurt." Edgil mutters some brief calculations under his breath, then flings a bolt of lightning at the leading troll. It strikes then branches out to the two trolls behind him, charring their flesh almost as much as the first.
    Standard: Lightning Bolt vs. Troll A (1d20+14=19, 2d6+9=17) Hit! for 17 lightning damage.
    Secondary Attack: Secondary Lightning Bolts vs. Trolls B and C (1d20+14=23, 1d20+14=31, 1d6+9=13) Hit! and Hit! for 13 lightning damage each.

    Denada on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Seeing Siali’s cover blown, Jack reacts. His feet pound the ground as he charges towards the nearest troll. Sword above his head, his momentum growing fast until he reaches his enemy, he brings the blade down hard and strikes true.
    Move: Move to G18.
    Standard: Charge to G13, using Power Attack and Howling Strike on Troll A. Attack: 1d20+17=23 Damage: 30
    Also, if you are wondering where the extra d6 came from, Jacks helm gives it on a charge.

    Foolish Chaos on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Trolls howl with mingled pain and rage as the lightning strikes them and Jack's sword swipes through the lead troll. Their wounds begin to heal over at once, the lightning burns disappearing almost instantly from the two in the rear.

    Three of the trolls swarm the metal man who so damaged their companion. The other two make movements to the rest of the party.
    Troll A vs. Jack's AC = 26, Hit.
    Troll C vs. Jack's AC = 22, Miss.
    Troll E vs. Jack's AC = 29, Hit.

    Total Damage = 4d6+12 = 28 Damage.

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Encounter Information
    Siali 27
    Edgil 25
    Jack 22
    Troll A HP 63/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll B HP 97/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll C HP 97/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll D HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll E HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Aziz 19
    Dardek 13

    Map Update
    Encounter-1-Round-1d.png

    Next Up: Aziz!

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Meanwhile...

    Jack
    You see through a gap in the wall that nearby lies the mangled body of a human rider. A hulking blue-skinned creature paws through it's gear.

    Troll Oni Mage joins the encounter!

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Encounter Information
    Siali 27
    Edgil 25
    Jack 22
    Troll A HP 63/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll B HP 97/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll C HP 97/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll D HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll E HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    :arrow: Aziz 19
    Dardek 13
    Oni Mage HP 172/172 - AC 26; F 25, R 24, W 24

    Map Update
    Encounter-1-Round-1e.png

    Still Next Up: Aziz!

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • InxInx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh god why

    Inx on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    "Jack, you damned fool!"

    Aziz roared and slammed the nearest troll back on its heels with his shield, dousing it with a breath of flame. Shouting a draconic battle cry, he charged toward the barbarian and came crashing down upon one of the beasts surrounding him... and his battlecry caught the attention of the one nearest Siali. It rushed toward Aziz, seeing what it assumed to be better sport.
    Standard Action, vs. Troll B Opening Shove (1d20 17=32)

    Troll B is pushed one square to the right and Dardek can shift two squares or make a melee basic attack vs troll B.

    Minor Action: Dragon's Breath @ Troll A, Dragon's Breath (1d20 13=22), hit, Damage (1d6 2=8)

    Move Action: north 5 squares to G17

    ACTION POINT

    Charge Troll A with Luring Focus (1d20 17=21), that hits his fortitude exactly so Damage (1d10 9=13)

    Also, as an effect of Luring Focus he pulls Troll D four squares closer to him.

    As a property of his Jousting Shield, Aziz cannot pushed, pulled, or slid until the end of the next turn (because he charged).

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Encounter Information
    Siali HP 75/75 - AC 23; F 18, R 22, W 20
    Edgil HP 64/64 - AC 23; F 20, R 24, W 20
    Jack HP 65/93 - AC 25; F 25, R 19, W 19
    Troll A HP 42/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll B HP 97/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll C HP 97/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll D HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll E HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Aziz HP 76/76 - AC 29; F 24, R 23, W 22
    :arrow: Dardek HP 86/86 - AC 29; F 19, R 19, W 20
    Oni Mage HP 172/172 - AC 26; F 25, R 24, W 24

    Map Update
    Encounter-1-Round-1f.png

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dardek You're Up
    As part of Aziz turn, you can shift two squares or make a basic attack against Troll B. However, I believe Troll B has ever been out of your reach, but if you would like to opt in to the shift, do so as part of your turn.

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    im going to post my turn now because i have to go to work for most of the night in about 30 mins, just make it happen after dardek's turn.
    Siali jumps out from the bushes and stabs the nearest troll right in the back, catching him off guard, and slicing a long gash into his flesh. The troll screams in pain and reels back, but her attack is not yet finished.

    She slices underhandedly, as if completely untrained, but with deadly precision, cuts open an tendan on the troll's wrist. Happy to see Aziz assisting her, she swings at the troll again, just glancing him. He roars and begins to attack, but that was what Siali was waiting for. As he raises his hand, she quickly darts in and stabs him right under the armpit with force. The troll lets out another blood curdling scream as Siali simply smiles, enjoying the pain she had brought to this creature.
    move action: move to D17
    standard action: Crimson Edge vs Troll D (1d20+20=35, 3d8=14, 2d4+7=12) (the +3 is from CA and Nimble Blade) - 26 Damage and Troll D takes ongoing 7 damage and grants CA to me (save ends both).
    Action Point: (using Bravura Presence) Trickster's Blade vs Troll D (1d20+20=39, 2d4+7=11) - CRITICAL HIT 15+ Vicious Dagger Critical (3d12=9) (9) = 24 Damage
    Free Action (Bravura Presence): Basic Melee Attack vs Troll D (1d20+20=32, 1d4+7=9) - 9 Damage
    Minor Action: Critical Opportunity vs Troll D (1d20+20=33, 3d4+7=12) - 12 Damage

    Total Damage: 71 and Troll D is bloodied and will take ongoing 7 damage, grants CA to me (save ends both)
    In addition, my AC vs Troll D becomes 29. (23 base, +2 for Defensive Advantage, +4 for Trickster's Blade) and 27 vs everyone else.
    Also, dear lord, that was a fun round. I should take a multiclass to avenger or something.. :P

    psolms on
  • InxInx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dardek surges forward to Aziz and Jack, hammer in hand.

    "BY THE LIGHT OF PELOR, RETURN TO THE DARKNESS!"

    He calls upon Pelor as he slams his hammer into a troll, praying for his divine protection.
    Shift forward from g24 to g22, then move from g22 to g16. Use Shielding Smite on Troll D. Jack gains a +4 power bonus to AC until the end of my next turn.
    Attack 1d20+12 = 22 Hit!
    Damage 2d10+7 = 19

    Inx on
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    then my crazy ass turn happens, the troll is at 10/100 HP

    psolms on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Oni Mage, on his turn at the bottom of the round, fades into nothingness and becomes invisible.

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Round 2

    Siali opens the round with all this craziness:
    Siali jumps out from the bushes and stabs the nearest troll right in the back, catching him off guard, and slicing a long gash into his flesh. The troll screams in pain and reels back, but her attack is not yet finished.

    She slices underhandedly, as if completely untrained, but with deadly precision, cuts open an tendan on the troll's wrist. Happy to see Aziz assisting her, she swings at the troll again, just glancing him. He roars and begins to attack, but that was what Siali was waiting for. As he raises his hand, she quickly darts in and stabs him right under the armpit with force. The troll lets out another blood curdling scream as Siali simply smiles, enjoying the pain she had brought to this creature.
    move action: move to D17
    standard action: Crimson Edge vs Troll D (1d20+20=35, 3d8=14, 2d4+7=12) (the +3 is from CA and Nimble Blade) - 26 Damage and Troll D takes ongoing 7 damage and grants CA to me (save ends both).
    Action Point: (using Bravura Presence) Trickster's Blade vs Troll D (1d20+20=39, 2d4+7=11) - CRITICAL HIT 15+ Vicious Dagger Critical (3d12=9) (9) = 24 Damage
    Free Action (Bravura Presence): Basic Melee Attack vs Troll D (1d20+20=32, 1d4+7=9) - 9 Damage
    Minor Action: Critical Opportunity vs Troll D (1d20+20=33, 3d4+7=12) - 12 Damage

    Total Damage: 71 and Troll D is bloodied and will take ongoing 7 damage, grants CA to me (save ends both)
    In addition, my AC vs Troll D becomes 29. (23 base, +2 for Defensive Advantage, +4 for Trickster's Blade) and 27 vs everyone else.


    Encounter Information
    Siali HP 75/75 - AC 23; F 18, R 22, W 20
    :arrow: Edgil HP 64/64 - AC 23; F 20, R 24, W 20
    Jack HP 65/93 - AC 29; F 25, R 19, W 19 (AC Includes +4 Power Bonus from Dardek, ending on Dardek's next turn)
    Troll A HP 42/100 - bloodied - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll B HP 97/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll C HP 97/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll D HP 10/100 - bloodied - AC 20; F21, R18, W17 - Ongoing Damage 7 (save ends)
    Troll E HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Aziz HP 76/76 - AC 29; F 24, R 23, W 22
    Dardek HP 86/86 - AC 29; F 19, R 19, W 20
    Oni Mage HP 172/172 - AC 26; F 25, R 24, W 24

    Map Update
    Encounter-1-Round-2a.png

    Next Up: Edgil!

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Edgil scurries into the bushes, hoping not to draw the interest of the uncomfortably close troll, then summons a burst of fire between the two bloodied trolls. "Ooh," Edgil says, watching the trolls burn, "that was a little hotter than I expected. I'll have to make a note of that."
    Move: G25 to D19.
    Standard: Scorching Burst centered on E14 vs. Troll A, Troll D (1d20+14=29, 1d20+14=28, 1d6+9=15) Hit!, Hit! 15 fire damage each. Troll D is down, possibly in a blaze of glory.

    Denada on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Encounter Information
    Siali HP 75/75 - AC 23; F 18, R 22, W 20
    Edgil HP 64/64 - AC 23; F 20, R 24, W 20
    :arrow: Jack HP 65/93 - AC 29; F 25, R 19, W 19 (AC Includes +4 Power Bonus from Dardek, ending on Dardek's next turn)
    Troll A HP 27/100 - bloodied - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll B HP 97/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll C HP 97/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll E HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Aziz HP 76/76 - AC 29; F 24, R 23, W 22
    Dardek HP 86/86 - AC 29; F 19, R 19, W 20
    Oni Mage HP 172/172 - AC 26; F 25, R 24, W 24

    Map Update
    Encounter-1-Round-2b.png

    Next Up: Jack!

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jack takes the claws with little more than a flinch. In response, he digs in deep and from within comes a low growl, which quickly erupts into a roar as he brings his blade up fast and high on one of the trolls. The damage done earlier must have taken its toll though, and the blade goes just wide, chopping at the beast with little efficiency.

    Eyes now a bright shining red, the aspect of the mountain bear now within him, Jack is not yet finished. Quickly recovering from his half hit, he swings his blade with another loud yell at another troll, this time a screaming roar which sounds quite like a combination of nails on a chalkboard and the triumphant roar of a beast. Again, Jack just misses, his vocal display useless without anything to back it up.
    Standard: Stonebear Rage vs Troll C. 1d20+16 = 19 Miss! 3d10+17 = 27 Troll take 13 (half) on the miss. Jack gains damage resistance 7 and is now raging.

    Action point: Great Shout vs. Troll A. 1d20+17=19 Miss! 2d10+24=37 edit: I forgot that my paragon feature "Frenzied Blood" inflicts half-damage even on a miss when I use an action point to attack. So 18 damage to A

    Wow. Fuck you invisible castle. And power attack. Damn you both. D:

    Edit: added in half damage on second attack

    Foolish Chaos on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Trolls B and C again regenerate, returning Troll B to full fitness. Troll A, however, does not seem to improve.

    Trolls A and E seem to decide that Jack does not look altogether edible, and refocus their attentions on Aziz and Dardek, spreading themselves out in the hopes of not sharing their kills and taking advantage of their reach. Troll B makes a move on Edgil.
    Troll A vs. Aziz = 1d20+13 = 31, Hit! Aziz takes 13 Damage.
    Troll C vs. Jack = 1d20+13 = 18, Miss.
    Troll E vs. Dardek = 1d20+13 = 31, Hit! Dardek takes 11 Damage.
    Troll B vs. Edgil = 1d20+13-2 = 27, Hit! Edgil takes 14 Damage.

    Encounter Information
    Siali HP 75/75 - AC 23; F 18, R 22, W 20
    Edgil HP 40/64 - AC 23; F 20, R 24, W 20
    Jack HP 65/93 - AC 29; F 25, R 19, W 19 (AC Includes +4 Power Bonus from Dardek, ending on Dardek's next turn)
    Troll A HP 9/100 - bloodied - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll B HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll C HP 94/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll E HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    :arrow: Aziz HP 63/76 - AC 29; F 24, R 23, W 22
    Dardek HP 75/86 - AC 29; F 19, R 19, W 20
    Oni Mage HP 172/172 - AC 26; F 25, R 24, W 24

    Map Update
    Encounter-1-Round-2c.png

    Next Up: Aziz!

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    "Come on, Edgil! There's only one of them next to you!"

    Not content to face only one enemy, Aziz shifted to the Troll nearest Jack. With a daring thrust of his sword, Aziz drew the troll's attention away from the barbarian long enough for his fullblade to tear into the troll's ribcage.
    Minor Action: Inspiring Word to Edgil. Edgil regains his healing surge value plus bonus healing (3d6=15) hp.

    Move Action: Shift 1 to the right of the map.

    Standard Action vs. Troll E Provoke Overextension (1d20 17=29)

    Hit, so... Damage (2d10 9=13) to Troll E

    the Troll must make a basic attack against me as a free action... and due to being a Bravura Warlord, Aziz gets a bonus to his AC against this provoked attack equal to his charisma modifier (+4)

    Troll Attack (1d20 13=17) and the Troll misses.

    Provoke overextension allows an adjacent ally (in this case, our barbarian friend) to make a melee basic attack against Troll E as a free action.

    Jack Attack! (1d20 18=21) hits!

    Jack Damage! (1d12 11=23)

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Encounter Information
    Siali HP 75/75 - AC 23; F 18, R 22, W 20
    Edgil HP 40/64 - AC 23; F 20, R 24, W 20
    Jack HP 65/93 - AC 29; F 25, R 19, W 19 (AC Includes +4 Power Bonus from Dardek, ending on Dardek's next turn)
    Troll A HP 9/100 - bloodied - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll B HP 100/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll C HP 94/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Troll E HP 64/100 - AC 20; F21, R18, W17
    Aziz HP 63/76 - AC 29; F 24, R 23, W 22
    :arrow: Dardek HP 75/86 - AC 29; F 19, R 19, W 20
    Oni Mage HP 172/172 - AC 26; F 25, R 24, W 24

    Map Update
    Encounter-1-Round-2d.png

    Next Up: Dardek!

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
Sign In or Register to comment.