As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm bringing sexy [CHAT]

• Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ok I'll go with that. Just tell them they should imagine you as a chinchilla.

Veritas on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I OD'd on cheese. Feels so wrong, yet so right.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    D-Robe wrote: »
    I OD'd on cheese. Feels so wrong, yet so right.

Thats...Thats so...So beautiful man. *Sniff*

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Just got back from Terminator 4, and ultimately I'd say the movie gets a :^:

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i got my art school acceptance letter last night
    they are giving me 36 transfer credits from dal (that's 1 year and 2 classes worth...a huuuuge dent which is awesome...no LAS for me! hahaha! still have to do some art history though.)

they also want me to come in to talk about auditing credits since i have industry experience.
    hurray!
    i might be able to finish a fine arts degree in 2 years instead of 4!

beavotron on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    2 instead of 4, nice!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Pious wrote: »
    So, I kinda had my first date today...w00t! It lasted all day...

Yay! How was it? What did you do? Did you get her contact info? C'mon, details man, details!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    Is this the Florence school still?

And if so, couldn't you satisfy your art history requirements just by pretty much walking around?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Is this the Florence school still?

And if so, couldn't you satisfy your art history requirements just by pretty much walking around?

no that's been moved to next summer
    i have that all planned out and am excited about that
    this is just the regular school i was talking about doing
    like a regular fine arts degree.

florence is just a summer program i could have done the year, but i figure a summer will be good, and then the fine arts will just sort of broaden my skill set a bit more/give me a chance to really focus on improving while learning some new shit.

beavotron on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yay! Congrats, lady! :D

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    thank ya!
    i'm excited about it
    especially about exploring new things

lately i feel like everything is stale, i need to get into real mediums more.
    i'm in the "i suck so hard" part of the artist's self-loathing cycle.

next up "i give up"
    followed by "hey i'm not so bad"
    "I'm pretty good at this"
    "I'm awesome, I don't know what I was worried about"
    "ugh... lately I feel like I'm not that good"
    "My work feels amateurish lately"
    "I suck so hard"

later rinse repeat.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hahaha, that's it exactly.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think my cycle goes more like

"Man, I'm not near as good as I should be."
    "I should probably start drawing again"
    *plays videogame*
    "Man, I'm not near as good as I should be."
    "I should probably start drawing again"
    *leaves country*
    etc.

I'm never short of reasons not to draw when I know I should.

Sonic on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Jeez and yet you're gonna do just fine beavs. Just fine! I mean, if you're like that and I'm like this then how can I even compete when you graduate?! BAawwwwwww.
    Lather Rinse Repeat

Super awesome you're gonna take all my jobs in Canada. That was a major business sector for me!

PROX on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i'm trying to put together a sketch group in my city
    i am not sure how to go about this
    but i want a group of people to just go to the wildlife parks with me to sketch animals and plants and fun things.

i might just contact the parks directly, maybe the have a program in place...
    do any of you guys have experience with organizing something like this?

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I participated in that sort of thing a while back. It was part of the major sketch crawl that everyone goes to. But anyhow usually you just meet up on a message board and set a time and place that is good for everyone. You have to find the artists first though.

PROX on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Holy dear god, apparently, some girl spilled hydrofluoric acid on herself at work yesterday.

Tam on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    my cycle sucks

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    Holy dear god, apparently, some girl spilled hydrofluoric acid on herself at work yesterday.

...ouch.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Some kid in my high school dropped a beaker of that stuff in a chemistry class, and drops of it ended up getting on two of my friends' heads. Their hair doesn't grow there anymore. D: Luckily they were really small spots...but still! Augh.

[edit] Ah, I misread. I meant hydrochloric.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    beavotron wrote: »
    i'm trying to put together a sketch group in my city
    i am not sure how to go about this
    but i want a group of people to just go to the wildlife parks with me to sketch animals and plants and fun things.

i might just contact the parks directly, maybe the have a program in place...
    do any of you guys have experience with organizing something like this?

How popular is craigslist there? Maybe post some flyers around art schools and then if you get a few people just go by word of mouth.

bombardier on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sonic wrote: »
    I think my cycle goes more like

"vroom vroom"

"buuuhhhhhnnnnn"

"buuuuuuuhhhhnnnnnnn"

"errrrrrrrr"

"crssssshhhhh"

"krathoooommm!"

I'm never short of reasons not to draw when I know I should.

You should be more cautious when you drive.
    I should totally get a better sense of humor.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Where do you work? IN AN ACID FACTORY?! LOLOL
    Well actually there are many acid factories which produce corrosive chemicals for industrial purposes and often times workers subject themselves to hazardous working conditions.

Man....

PROX on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Acid factory? Sounds trippy.

I want you all to know that hurt me a lot more to write than for you to read.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Some kid in my high school dropped a beaker of that stuff in a chemistry class, and drops of it ended up getting on two of my friends' heads. Their hair doesn't grow there anymore. D: Luckily they were really small spots...but still! Augh.

Chemistry books need to come with addenda on HF. It's listed as a weak acid, but most people don't realize that all that means is that it doesn't dissociate into ions very well in water. It is incredibly corrosive, partly because of its low dissociation constant, and so it penetrates tissue like a hot knife through melted butter.

Depending on how much, how, and where you get it on you, it can tear through skin, weaken your bones, cause cardiac arrest, or pulmonary edema. When I have to handle it, I wear a lab coat, apron, goggles, face shield, mask, rubber gloves over latex gloves. I don't know how much that girl got on her, but I hope it was only a drop or something.

Tam on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

Chemistry books need to come with addenda on HF. It's listed as a weak acid, but most people don't realize that all that means is that it doesn't dissociate into ions very well in water. It is incredibly corrosive, partly because of its low dissociation constant, and so it penetrates tissue like a hot knife through melted butter.

Depending on how much, how, and where you get it on you, it can tear through skin, weaken your bones, cause cardiac arrest, or pulmonary edema. When I have to handle it, I wear a lab coat, apron, goggles, face shield, mask, rubber gloves over latex gloves. I don't know how much that girl got on her, but I hope it was only a drop or something.

Encourage her to become a disfigured crime fighter with a dark past!

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh that's right. Metalborne is a SCIENTIST

PROX on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

How does someone handle something so dangerously so clumsily without any protection?

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

How does someone handle something so dangerously so clumsily without any protection?

If they didn't, our hospital emergency rooms would be empty!

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I foresee a safe sex PSA with this as its tag line.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited May 2009

If they didn't, our hospital emergency rooms would be empty!

yes! industry!

PROX on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »

I foresee a safe sex PSA with this as its tag line.

only you can prevent babies

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm making table tents! Who wants to help?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I used to do that. What is the special occasion?

PROX on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I dunno, they gave me a list of names and said "make table tents!" Though they want them on cardboard paper... which I can't print on because the toner falls off. So I have to print on regular paper and glue that to the thick paper.

I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy gluing two sheets of paper together and then folding them. I have the best job in the world!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i'm currently spacing out, my feeble brain has been overloaded

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Have any of you dudes seen this? We can draw, together!

I'm in there with mully, doodling. C'mon in guys.... except for Bacon.... Bacon cant come.

http://www.mulldacity.com/1000words.html

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    Bacon cant come.

I just told you that to spare your feelings.
    Really you're just terrible in bed.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I walked right into that one....

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Holy Shit Hydroflouric Acid. Last year I read on Wikipedia that a guy spilled it on himself, jumped in a swimming pool to dilute it and still died. Another badass chemist spilled it on himself, burned the area with a bunsen burner, and then used a scalpel/blade to cut off the area, and he ended up living. The stuff bonds to the calcium in your bones and then fucks you up somehow. Where do you work Tam?

Red_Arremer on
This discussion has been closed.