As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines: Colons (UNMARKED SPOILERS, BEWARE)

• Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, if I was mega rich Id easily fund a sequel to this game. Both Redemption and Bloodlines are both good memories in my gaming history, for different nreasons but still. Nowadays they could probably make much more substantial hubs too so less loading and moving about.

Even if they went with Requiem, in fact that'd be ok as I'm kinda tired of Gehenna.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2009
    Yeah if I won a 100 million on the lottery I'd probably buy the license to this too. I really am that sad.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I wouldn't get Troika to do it though. Bunch of shiftless cunts.

Tube on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I got the sense from the intro video that hours pass while your sire is waiting for you to wake up. I don't know if it's clear that he was set up so much as it is he was being watched a little bit.

My theory was that the sire is an anarch, but a lowish one on the totem pole. That's why nines is angry with lacroix.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It would probably have been a couple of hours but unless the sire spent those hours walking around shouting "I MADE A VAMPIRE" it was still a set up. They were there within seconds.

Tube on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hire their former writers but get a competent dev team.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hire their former writers but get a competent dev team.

They've got to be working for someone by now. Maybe Projekt Red?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'd hire Chris Avellone and outsource the programming to Valve

Tube on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    gtrmp wrote: »
    Oh and that they probably had anarch sympathies based on Nines' reaction

Or, failing that, they wanted Nines to think that they had Anarch sympathies. "Play both sides against the middle" is pretty much elder protocol (assuming, of course, that the sire was an elder).

Not like Anarchs have a strict hierarchy though. No telling what kind of feelings your sire had towards the Camarilla in any case. The Camarilla is rather new in California (it IS called the Anarch Free State) and given the generation they are (and how long they may have been around), it wouldn't surprise me if they viewed it with disdain.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    let's all go to the lobby, let's all go to the lobby, and kill ourselves a... rock

also, it's somehow taken me this long to realize that the red text means use dementia in conversation; I thought it was intimidate or something :(

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

If you did that we wouldn't see the game for years. :P

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Well he's a Nagloper from Africa but otherwise the game tells you nothing about him at all.

Supporting DW's theory is how hyper competent the PC is. I like Bri's theory though too, I never thought of that.

My what now?

Do I need to return to my previous avatar?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ToothcakeToothcake Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, going to have to install this again. I loved how they integrated so many aspects of the WoD universe in to the game -- Jack, Beckett and some references to the Time of Judgment stuff. I remember that there was a FPS based on Werewolf in development at one time. It's a shame all of the games fell by the wayside.

I really miss oWoD. I just can't get in to the reboot. The news ticker that was placed up on the White Wolf site that detailed all the weird shit happening in the world right before the time of judgment books were released really added a level of depth to the campaigns I was running at that time. The Gehenna and Apocalypse sourcebooks had some really neat junk in them too.

Slightly OT, but here's a link to the news ticker.

Toothcake on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Heir wrote: »

But when it did finally appear Tube would play it and be lost. Forever.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Those tickers make for a really cool read.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Heir wrote: »

But when it did finally appear Tube would play it and be lost. Forever.

And so would quite a few other forumers, I'd bet.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Toothcake wrote: »
    Man, going to have to install this again. I loved how they integrated so many aspects of the WoD universe in to the game -- Jack

I thought Jack was native to the game?

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Nah he's also in the LA sourcebook. He's not a huge amount like his character in Bloodlines though.

Tube on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think, as with a lot of the plot of Bloodlines, they figured it was more fun to speculate.

I thought it was more based on the game's PnP roots; give the player a basic framework to work their own story around.
    As a chronic min-maxer, I'm having fun replaying this and trying to actually role-play, I'd like a little more experience because my character feels a lot weaker than when I min-max, but otherwise it's pretty good.
    Does anyone else get really weird and annoying physics bugs all the time? I last played this about 5 years ago, so I've forgotten if I got them then too, but any time there's an object I can pick up and move in the environment it's always vibrating and firing off in random directions, and it can be a real pain to walk around areas like the hospital in Downtown because of it.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    ToothcakeToothcake Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Toothcake wrote: »
    Man, going to have to install this again. I loved how they integrated so many aspects of the WoD universe in to the game -- Jack

I thought Jack was native to the game?

He became a kind of weird barefoot vampire prophet in Gehenna: Final Night... which wasn't half bad considering it was the author's first novel. I'm not sure how canonical the book is considered since I had stopped playing by that time. I also remember him being mentioned in the Gehenna source book as well. I could be wrong though, it's been a while and both books are collecting dust in a storage unit.

Toothcake on
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

I think I just ruptured a vein.
    in my pants

Anyway.. Do they say that the sheriff is a Nagloper? How would that work? Why would he be submissive to LaCroix?

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Visti wrote: »

I think I just ruptured a vein.
    in my pants

Anyway.. Do they say that the sheriff is a Nagloper? How would that work? Why would he be submissive to LaCroix?

Some bond or service out of honour. Probably owes him.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Needless to say, this is going on my HD again once I find my disks.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    http://virtual-economy.org/blog/world_of_darkness_mmo_ccp_merg - The company that made Eve Online is making a World of Darkness MMO. Could be epic... or epic fail.

Hensler on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So what would you all say is a good fan patch that fixes things without adding extraneous bullshit?

Because a lot of fan patches have a big "extraneous bullshit" problem. Yeah I'm reinstalling this game.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    As soon as the word "balance" starts getting thrown around I get edgy. Also "intended" tends to be a bad sign.

Tube on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    have we heard anything about that more recently than 2006?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    have we heard anything about that more recently than 2006?

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56827 - this is from January and says it's launching in 2010.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    The big question is if they are changing the background to make it nWoD or leaving it oWoD

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well, White Wolf merged with CCP, so I'd assume that it will be nWoD. If the IP was being licensed out, it might make sense for it to be oWoD, but I can't see White Wolf going back to that after all the push they've given nWoD. If they make this an actual sandbox MMO where players rule EVERYTHING, like Eve Online, and not roller coaster/on-rails/WoW-wannabe, I think it could be great. All my knowledge is about oWoD, but letting a powerful vampire clan of players take over an entire city in this game the way corporations take over solar systems in EVE? Only to have that lead to a war with some Hunters or Wolves? Fuck. Yeah.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I wish they'd toss some details out.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's the Duke Nukem Forever of MMOs.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Don't say that you are so mean.

why would you say that

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Will there be Diablerie in the mmo?

cause that'd be awesome.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Will there be Diablerie in the mmo?

cause that'd be awesome.

Only if there was permadeath. Anything less and you would have everyone running around at the lowest possible generation.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i think permadeath in a WoD game would work really well.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    WESP's patch is good, he's spoken with Tim Cain and read the devbible. Also, the lighting is perfect.

Did Strauss just have a Scary Glasses moment in front of me? I think he did!

FAKEEDIT:There aren't any goddamn vampire PC's, WW has made other, much better things, and have stated that having PC's who are worth jack shit during the day is stupid. Also, vamp fandom is godawful.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Then will there be... Werewolf PCs? Because I'd like that more. I love me some fuzzies.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, why do they have to make an mmo and not just another single player game.

Fuga on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fuga wrote: »
    Man, why do they have to make an mmo and not just another single player game.

What he said.

Professor Phobos on