Options

ROCK BAND: Don't post here.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    midgetspy wrote: »
    I mostly just want the Shania Twain song.

Either this or the Miranda Lambert song is the most fun track to play.

The Shania Twain song is easily my favorite song out of the whole pack, though.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey Twitter Shitters: The official RB Twitter account will be doling out free Abbey Road and Queen pack codes at some point in the next few days. These things go like mad, but if you want to try your luck, have fun!

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Twitter Shitters?" :lol:

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    "Twitter Shitters?" :lol:

My hatred of Twitter is sated only by my love of free stuff. Downfall of literacy and all of that.

Side note, since you will know my pain: My magazine is running a page on celebrity Twitter accounts and postings next month, and I hit the roof when I found we were running a bunch of Tweets that I wasn't allowed to copyedit at all. :(

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am not a Twitter shitter. :(

Too bad I already bought Queen and Abbey Road. :P

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present....The Lego Rock Band intro video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-epic-lego-rock/58229

It's just like the previous rock band intro videos...but with lego characters playing on top of lego vehicles....oh and there are dinosaurs and pirates.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I liked the bit in space at the end.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Now I know what a Lego volcano eruption looks like.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That was the worst of the 3 intros. Not nearly enough death-defying and their choice of song doesnt pump me up as much as Highway Star or Hello There.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    The original one was still the best

probably because of Highway Star bias

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lunker wrote: »
    Hey Twitter Shitters: The official RB Twitter account will be doling out free Abbey Road and Queen pack codes at some point in the next few days. These things go like mad, but if you want to try your luck, have fun!

holy shit those went fast. like, 5-10 seconds after posting.

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

I'll second that.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I'll second that.

Third. And it had nothing to do with the song (though it didn't hurt). RB2 really just felt like 'I've already seen this'...

LRB is just a LEGOised version of an opening for an already existing IP. It's neither here nor there, though the song does sap some of the life out of it.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lunker wrote: »

holy shit those went fast. like, 5-10 seconds after posting.

If I would've participated I'd have been refreshing constantly with the "Redeem code" section of Xbox.com already open in another tab. You can get those things entered pretty quick as I learned from trying to limit my time on the Pepsi Rock Band site.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Further proof that nothing is ever good enough and legal action may be required, I give you the thread complaining about the shortened versions of Queen songs and how they're being misrepresented within the game:
    I think it's definitely misadvertising if the song they provide isn't the version from the album. It's like downloading a song from iTunes that shows an album cover, then finding that the song is sung by pigs. Well they never "said" that it was from that album, you just assumed? The judge will decide whether a reasonable person would have made that same assumption. I think you'll find that the pigs won't win in court.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Further proof that nothing is ever good enough and legal action may be required, I give you the thread complaining about the shortened versions of Queen songs and how they're being misrepresented within the game:
    I think it's definitely misadvertising if the song they provide isn't the version from the album. It's like downloading a song from iTunes that shows an album cover, then finding that the song is sung by pigs. Well they never "said" that it was from that album, you just assumed? The judge will decide whether a reasonable person would have made that same assumption. I think you'll find that the pigs won't win in court.

B-b-b-but, Superbeast is missing the Call of the Zombie intro! I demand justice!

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Meh, the 'extended' version of Fat Bottomed Girls just has a bit of extra guitar wankery. I mean, fuck, I had to go look it up just to remember what even got cut.

Honestly, I think the Rock Band/radio cut of the song has better pacing, and from what I remember is how they mostly played it live.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    lol Papa Roach

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I can understand the dissatisfaction with getting the radio edits. But this is beyond wanting a different version of a song, it's about being so upset with it that the mere fact of the edit being associated with the album of the original song is a betrayal. A betrayal worthy of potential legal threats. Over album art...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I love the image of a guy going in front of a court and judge and trying to convince them that this Queen song sounds nothing like the real Queen song.

Guy: I think you'll find that if I play this version against this version, you will find that the version I bought has one less chorus line and Freddie Mercury's voice doesn't sound quite right! I demand this injustice be remedied and I receive a full refund!

Judge: Son, you do realize you're up here testifying for a murder trial, right?

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Holy fuck am I tired.

I took a shot in the dark and figured I'd try painkill on drums.

Attempt 1 - Fail 3% in. D:

Attempt 2 - Victory, 83% 59 note streak. 3 stars.

I feel like a god. :P

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Meh, the 'extended' version of Fat Bottomed Girls just has a bit of extra guitar wankery. I mean, fuck, I had to go look it up just to remember what even got cut.

Honestly, I think the Rock Band/radio cut of the song has better pacing, and from what I remember is how they mostly played it live.

Isn't the pack a bit lean on the guitar use anyway? Including the full cuts of the songs would have at least let the guitar player do something.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    No?

The only lean guitar track is Killer Queen

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »

Isn't the pack a bit lean on the guitar use anyway? Including the full cuts of the songs would have at least let the guitar player do something.

It's lean when you consider it's a pack of songs from a band with Brian May in it. Most of the songs have a decent amount of guitar, but Killer Queen is light due to lack of guitar whereas Somebody to Love is heavy due to piano charted as guitar... As a pack, it's better on bass.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah it's definitely a bassists pack

but on the other hand I like them not charting piano on Killer Queen and charting it on Somebody To Love. Makes it actually feel like it was made as a pack, in a way I can't really describe. It lets it play well as a setlist.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Actually, I think it's a vocalists/drummer pack. It's just better on bass than guitar.

And while I still don't care much for non-guitar charted as guitar thing, there wasn't much else you could do with Someone to Love. Though I would have enjoyed it if they had stuck with guitar-only on that one and dined for weeks on the bile and hatred expressed by others.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Endaro wrote: »
    So I really love that amidst all the mud-slinging from Activision (in Europe, anyways) over GH5 outselling The Beatles: Rock Band and all the terrible things said at RB's expense, the guys at Harmonix aren't afraid to tweet about the fact that they've been playing DJ Hero all day.

The best part, which has been shockingly under-discussed in this thread, it Beatles actually outsold GH5. I do believe this is the first time a Rock Band title has outsold the competition.

And yet in USA Today I see the headline that it "underperformed" and other such negative phrases.

Honestly, I don't know what Harmonix was expecting, so maybe it did just fine in line with their expectations, but when I saw the first month sales numbers, I was like "...That's it?"

I mean it beat GH5, yeah, but we're talking about the fucking Beatles here. I was expecting all three platforms combined to hit around a million.

To be fair, Beatles songs are very slow and, well, boring.

I love me some Rock Band but I can't imagine having an entire game of only slow boring Beatles songs. How is that even fun? One band?

Zero interest in that

Karrmer on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Are you serious?

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Apparently.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Arikado wrote: »
    Are you serious?

I just can't imagine any song on there providing any challenge when my friends and I are doing Yngwie, Visions and the like on expert drums/guitars on RB2.

I'd love to see an example of any Beatles song that is anything other than a medium RB2 song

Karrmer on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm thinking about picking up Lego RB Wii to play with my family (including a 7 year old nephew), but I haven't owned any of the full-band games, yet, just GH3. Unfortunately, they aren't releasing a bundle for Lego RB, just the software.
    To save me from having to dig back through all the old threads, do the instruments from RB:2 Special Edition hold up well/are they high quality? Or would I be better off picking up Band Hero or RB: The Beatles for the second guitar, drums, and mic that I need?

Darian on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Karrmer wrote: »
    Are you serious?

I just can't imagine any song on there providing any challenge when my friends and I are doing Yngwie, Visions and the like on expert drums/guitars on RB2.

I'd love to see an example of any Beatles song that is anything other than a medium RB2 song

Now, I love a good challenge in a rhythm game, but there is much more to a good song than just having a chart that will give you workout.

Yes, a lot of the Beatles songs are on the easy side of things, but that doesn't change the fact that the music was groundbreaking at the time, or the fact that they influenced more people than god. I'm not a huge fan, but I tried Beatles: Rock Band and enjoyed it, even though my main tastes lean more towards the heavy metal side of things.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    I'm thinking about picking up Lego RB Wii to play with my family (including a 7 year old nephew), but I haven't owned any of the full-band games, yet, just GH3. Unfortunately, they aren't releasing a bundle for Lego RB, just the software.
    To save me from having to dig back through all the old threads, do the instruments from RB:2 Special Edition hold up well/are they high quality? Or would I be better off picking up Band Hero or RB: The Beatles for the second guitar, drums, and mic that I need?

2gen RB gear is pretty solid. GH drums I've heard are iffy, but the WT/5 guitar holds up well.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nocren wrote: »
    Darian wrote: »

2gen RB gear is pretty solid. GH drums I've heard are iffy, but the WT/5 guitar holds up well.

glithert recently complained of some worn out WT gear... So, your mileage may vary and so forth.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Are you serious?

Now, I love a good challenge in a rhythm game, but there is much more to a good song than just having a chart that will give you workout.

Yes, a lot of the Beatles songs are on the easy side of things, but that doesn't change the fact that the music was groundbreaking at the time, or the fact that they influenced more people than god. I'm not a huge fan, but I tried Beatles: Rock Band and enjoyed it, even though my main tastes lean more towards the heavy metal side of things.

Also in my experience, the songs are much easier to beat but much harder to gold star.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Are you serious?

I just don't find the Beatles enjoyable, but even if it was a game consisting of only music from a band that I do enjoy - including my favorites - I wouldn't buy it. I just don't see the appeal of a Rock Band game with only one single band to choose from, when I have RB2 with 600 songs, and I think that has a lot to do with the poor sales. Even my friends that are big on the Beatles didn't buy it because it's a lot of money to toss down on such a singular experience

Karrmer on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    To be fair, Beatles songs are very slow and, well, boring.

What
    Are
    You
    Talking
    About

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Then, I suggest the next time you say something like 'I don't care for their music and the game based on a single band does not interest me'. Or 'I would prefer to play a game with a larger selection of songs'. Instead of, you know, 'it's slow and boring'. That last one? Not gonna get positive responses...it looks like trolling.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Then, I suggest the next time you say something like 'I don't care for their music and the game based on a single band does not interest me'. Or 'I would prefer to play a game with a larger selection of songs'. Instead of, you know, 'it's slow and boring'. That last one? Not gonna get positive responses...it looks like trolling.

These threads are full of people going on about how awful the music is from each DLC pack pretty much every week so I didn't realize it'd make you that upset to learn that the Beatles are, indeed, pretty slow.

Karrmer on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    She Came in Through the Bathroom Window's dreamscape for when its by itself is fucking cool.

BlindPsychic on