Options

Mass Effect 1&2 - RELEASING CONTROL OF THIS FORM

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Behemoth wrote: »
    gjaustin wrote: »
    PaperPritt wrote: »
    Seriously i think every squadmate is but guaranteed to have a fan following for ever and ever. Except maybe for Jacob, who is probably the most "generic" of the NPCs you can interact with.

PS: Do want a spin-off with Tali as the main character. Please ? Pretty please?

This brings up an interesting question for Mass Effect games outside of the trilogy.

How are they going to handle everyone's various choices in the trilogy?

They'll have to do one of three things

1) Completely avoid anything in the trilogy that can go either way (so goodbye Council, Rachi, Krogan, Geth)

2) Let you import a save from Mass Effect 3. If they do this, hopefully they'll add a way to upload your Mass Effect world state to their website.

3) Come up with some default options.

They could always just set it before the trilogy.

Maybe have a spinoff set during the First Contact War.

I think it would be cool if one game took place during the events of the Sheppard story. Like, the game starts off with you as a prisoner that busts out during:
    Sheppard's attack on the prison ship when he rescues Jack.

And during the game you can hear and see references made to what Sheppard's doing, but you have no connection to that because your story is self contained.

Anyways, I think that would be kind of neat.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    I don't 'get' the non modular armor sets. Half the freaking fun is making your own suit of asskicking armor and spraypainting it to match your shit. Was I the only one who went with a really angry color scheme specifically for the end mission?

I went in with flamboyant pink and purple, I was taking out the collectors with fashion

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    PaperPrittPaperPritt Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Havelock wrote: »
    Question concerning the IFF mission
    What's a good group to take along inside the Reaper? I took Tali/Garrus for the first step through, but reloaded the mission after discovering that both were poor choices after the first area where you encounter a wave of husks. Since I have a feeling it's going to be chock full of husks, I would assume anyone with AoE biotics & abilities/organic-harming ammo. But what groups have worked fairly well for the mission?
    If you are playing on Insanity, you need someone with Area Warp to clear the armor off the husks. Eteir your Shepard or Miranda can do that. Then if you do not want to reload a certain part 1641312 times, get someone with AE Throw/Pull/Shockwave/Rave to kill them off quickly once the armor is removed.

Ideally you want someone with a sniper rifle to help clear the harbringers quickly in the last stage of the mission

PaperPritt on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Seriously i think every squadmate is but guaranteed to have a fan following for ever and ever. Except maybe for Jacob, who is probably the most "generic" of the NPCs you can interact with.

This brings up an interesting question for Mass Effect games outside of the trilogy.

1) Completely avoid anything in the trilogy that can go either way (so goodbye Council, Rachi, Krogan, Geth)

2) Let you import a save from Mass Effect 3. If they do this, hopefully they'll add a way to upload your Mass Effect world state to their website.

Prequel is exactly what I was thinking. It would give them a lot of time to deal with the "what do we do for the future and all these save states?"

Anderson when he was in N7 would be cool. You could even have the mission that Saren fucked up for him when he was on the track to being a Spectre as a playable level.

Edit for the guy with the insanity playthrough: Bring mordin with area incinerate. I wouldn't waste area warp on any of your people that can cast it, having heavy warp for the end game is very nice.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Bob the InsaneBob the Insane Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I put this in at the end of the last thread, but will repeat it again briefly here...

I played Mass Effect as a paragon and it was pretty easy to do so. Those white knight, defender of weak, supporter of a multi-cultural society choices never seemed difficult to make... Saved the council, earned humanities place, etc, etc...

Imported the character and started of as a paragon again and kudos to Bioware, the choices aren't always as clear cut now. Sometimes the paragon choice feels like weakness or appeasing some individual who would benefit more from a slap upside the head...

Anyone else having a little more difficulty with their conversation choices in ME2?

Bob the Insane on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Anyone on the PC downloaded the DLC? I can't find it anywhere.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    PaperPrittPaperPritt Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Prequel is exactly what I was thinking. It would give them a lot of time to deal with the "what do we do for the future and all these save states?"

Anderson when he was in N7 would be cool. You could even have the mission that Saren fucked up for him when he was on the track to being a Spectre as a playable level.

Let's push that a little further shall we ? Nihlus as a PC for a prequel booyaaaaaaah.

PaperPritt on
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What's a good group to take along inside the Reaper? I took Tali/Garrus for the first step through, but reloaded the mission after discovering that both were poor choices after the first area where you encounter a wave of husks. Since I have a feeling it's going to be chock full of husks, I would assume anyone with AoE biotics & abilities/organic-harming ammo. But what groups have worked fairly well for the mission?
    If you are playing on Insanity, you need someone with Area Warp to clear the armor off the husks. Eteir your Shepard or Miranda can do that. Then if you do not want to reload a certain part 1641312 times, get someone with AE Throw/Pull/Shockwave/Rave to kill them off quickly once the armor is removed.

Ideally you want someone with a sniper rifle to help clear the harbringers quickly in the last stage of the mission
    Just go with Jack's fully upgraded showckwave. Think husk bowling. If you have shockwave then go get those strikes yourself.

envoy1 on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    By the time ME3 hits, we may have a new Xbox. I wonder how that's gonna work. Since it'll most likely be backwards compatible, probably not a big deal. But it's another factor to consider.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I put this in at the end of the last thread, but will repeat it again briefly here...

I played Mass Effect as a paragon and it was pretty easy to do so. Those white knight, defender of weak, supporter of a multi-cultural society choices never seemed difficult to make... Saved the council, earned humanities place, etc, etc...

Imported the character and started of as a paragon again and kudos to Bioware, the choices aren't always as clear cut now. Sometimes the paragon choice feels like weakness or appeasing some individual who would benefit more from a slap upside the head...

Anyone else having a little more difficulty with their conversation choices in ME2?

Not really. The choices felt pretty similar in both games. Some choices work out precisely the way they should, others blow up in your face. Pretty much like real life.

envoy1 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Let's push that a little further shall we ? Nihlus as a PC for a prequel booyaaaaaaah.

If I'm going to play a Turian, I want it to be Archangel in the two years between ME1 and ME2.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    GrombarGrombar Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    envoy1 wrote: »

Not really. The choices felt pretty similar in both games. Some choices work out precisely the way they should, others blow up in your face. Pretty much like real life.

For me, the best way to go was half and half. Protect the innocent, punish the guilty.

Grombar on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If I'm going to play a Turian, I want it to be Archangel in the two years between ME1 and ME2.

Yeah, this. If we have to deal with shitty tie-in games, at least make it about someone awesome.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Edit for the guy with the insanity playthrough: Bring mordin with area incinerate. I wouldn't waste area warp on any of your people that can cast it, having heavy warp for the end game is very nice.

That Anderson and saren mission is in the first book, not really enough for a full game, also they've already said something mass effect related is coming out early 2011, judge by bioware saying they want me3 out with a fast turnaround it's probably that so new xbox wouldn't be a problem, either that or it's an big addon or other media spin off like the iphone game

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Just fyi, I'm running normal for this first runthrough, Infiltrator with the Widow sniper rifle. I was thinking something along those lines, but I'm torn between Jack/Miranda with Shockwave/Warp. For now, I'm leaning towards having Zaeed/Grunt as the heavy and Jack/Miranda as the AoE biotic

Havelock on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Miranda and Thane.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    Bob the InsaneBob the Insane Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

First Contact War sounds pretty sweet at first, but it would be purely military, moving from one mission to the next with no real room for side missions and exploration...

It wouldn't be to hard for them to do a "50 years after the events of the ME trilogy" type of thing... Only I want laser guns this time darn it!! :P

Bob the Insane on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

That Anderson and saren mission is in the first book, not really enough for a full game, also they've already said something mass effect related is coming out early 2011, judge by bioware saying they want me3 out with a fast turnaround it's probably that so new xbox wouldn't be a problem, either that or it's an big addon or other media spin off like the iphone game

Did everyone forget about Mass Effect Galaxy? Jacob Taylor was even the main character...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I thought the plan was tenatively that ME 3 will be out next year in this same window. I'm guessing Bioware doesn't trust Microsoft and Sony to hold off on going to next next gen.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Morvidus wrote: »

Did everyone forget about Mass Effect Galaxy? Jacob Taylor was even the main character...

Isnt Miranda in it too?

Is there were they make "Promises" that I can't get Jacob to elaborate on? ( I assume they want me to play Galaxy)

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah I thought the plan was tenatively that ME 3 will be out next year in this same window. I'm guessing Bioware doesn't trust Microsoft and Sony to hold off on going to next next gen.

If this is the case, do you think the quality of ME 3 is going to be as good, given that it could be released next year?

Havelock on
  • Options
    SteleStele Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Citadel sidequest spoilers:
    Those Asari bitches finally showed up. I shouldn't have given them the Fake IDs since they were such snotty bitches talking down about humans. But I'm still pissed they never spawned for my first Shep, and I wanted their credits. Oh well.

Stele on
    Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her home.
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I read an article on Kotaku that people who have access to cerberus network, would get a free Cerberus Assault armor and a new shotgun,

and when I am in the main menu, it says "New Content Available" but still only list Zaeed, Crash Site and Blood Dragon Armor as downloads, have anyone aquired this new Cerberus armor ?

Edit: With so few weapons and armors, I think its pitiful that some armors can only be gotten from a beverage contest in the States and others needs you to preorder it from an american company, I dont live in USA damnit :x

Edit2: Cerberus Armor and shotgun is available at this time and I am downloading it now.

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

If this is the case, do you think the quality of ME 3 is going to be as good, given that it could be released next year?

If it was developed concurrently with ME 2, I don't think the quality will suffer, movie franchises pull it off (questionable writing aside) I can't see the issue with using similar resources from ME 2 don't reinvent the wheel and give us the third game.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

First Contact War sounds pretty sweet at first, but it would be purely military, moving from one mission to the next with no real room for side missions and exploration...

It wouldn't be to hard for them to do a "50 years after the events of the ME trilogy" type of thing... Only I want laser guns this time darn it!! :P

Even 50 years later causes serious problems.

Legion, Tali, Grunt loyalty spoilers
    Does Wrex succeed in uniting the Krogan clans or is he dead?
    Do the Geth Heretics win, rejoin the Geth, or get wiped out?
    Does Tali become an Admiral and help the Quarians regain their homeworld or just die/get exiled?

Admittedly most of those could be fixed by having anything and everything you touch fail horribly (e.g. If Wrex survives ME1, he gets murdered after ME3). And that's not even getting into the big choices like whether Humans take over the council, the status of the Rachni, or the endgame decisions in ME2.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I read an article on Kotaku that people who have access to cerberus network, would get a free Cerberus Assault armor and a new shotgun,

and when I am in the main menu, it says "New Content Available" but still only list Zaeed, Crash Site and Blood Dragon Armor as downloads, have anyone aquired this new Cerberus armor ?

I downloaded this morning on the box, I haven't gotten it in the game proper yet, I'm guessing it'll show up when my previous dlc did my first time through.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SteleStele Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Not supposed to be released for another 2 hours, officially.

Looks like it just got put up early on 360.

Stele on
    Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her home.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Question regarding the ending *MAJOR SPOILER*
    so in the final fight, I was confused. Were the collectors/reapers building a giant T-800 out of liquefied humans, or were they just using human DNA to make the most effective killer? Was it just going to be the one giant robot or were they going to make an army of those things? It was all kind of fuzzy.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    so in the final fight, I was confused. Were the collectors/reapers building a giant T-800 out of liquefied humans, or were they just using human DNA to make the most effective killer? Was it just going to be the one giant robot or were they going to make an army of those things? It was all kind of fuzzy.
    They were making a new Reaper out of humans.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Spoiler to your spoiler

That's up for discussion, its speculated thats how reapers are made and they were making a human one to beat humans better (since Shepard seems to be the biggest thorn in their side).

Personally I think the developers played too much Super Contra and wanted to relive old times.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010

If it was developed concurrently with ME 2, I don't think the quality will suffer, movie franchises pull it off (questionable writing aside) I can't see the issue with using similar resources from ME 2 don't reinvent the wheel and give us the third game.

That's a fair point. I hope it's ME 3.

Whatever it is, I'll play it. Bioware has earned the right to my wallet.

Havelock on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

ME 2 ends on a very Empire strikes back note, they've got me salivating for more so yeah I want ME 3 as soon as possible.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Not JUST that mission. You'd have Anderson's career as a soldier leading up to that point too.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Presumably it was the core of a reaper at that state. That said, I dunno.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

Spoiler to your spoiler

That's up for discussion, its speculated thats how reapers are made and they were making a human one to beat humans better (since Shepard seems to be the biggest thorn in their side).

Personally I think the developers played too much Super Contra and wanted to relive old times.
    that's exactly what I thought, especially when it used laser eyes. I dunno, it just seems like one giant robot made out of a few hundred thousand humans isn't exactly a big threat. I'm guessing the Normandy alone could have destroyed that thing. Hell, I did it with a sniper rifle.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not JUST that mission. You'd have Anderson's career as a soldier leading up to that point too.

It may just be me, but I hate prequels. Especially when you know where a story goes, ME is all about your choices changing the world, doing a story that was partially the backbone of the original would be mega constrictive.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't like Anderson enough to want to play as him for an entire game, but that's just because he was kind of a pointless addition to ME2.
    after beating the game I went back to talk to him, and everyone else in the game had different dialogue except for him. It was a little lazy on the devs in my opinion

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    that's exactly what I thought, especially when it used laser eyes. I dunno, it just seems like one giant robot made out of a few hundred thousand humans isn't exactly a big threat. I'm guessing the Normandy alone could have destroyed that thing. Hell, I did it with a sniper rifle.

Well that was unfinished, they still had a way to go. I figure they were constructing the base and were planning on capturing you and shoving you into it (as you have been their greatest enemy).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't like Anderson enough to want to play as him for an entire game, but that's just because he was kind of a pointless addition to ME2.
    after beating the game I went back to talk to him, and everyone else in the game had different dialogue except for him. It was a little lazy on the devs in my opinion

Anderson is the reason I'd never play a female shep, too worried he'd make me sleep with him for heroin.

"I know its pretty baby but I didn't take it out to get some air."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I highly doubt it's ME3. It's almost unheard of for a sequel to turn around in a year's time. The only game I can think of is Left 4 Dead 2, but that's a game with modest graphics, no story or cutscenes, and very little voice work.

I'd say it's most likely a ME2 expansion pack, and they're just over-selling it talking about it being "far-reaching". Either that or it's something stupid like an iPhone game or a Facebook game or something.

Wet Bandit on
This discussion has been closed.