As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] Lich King? We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    This is such a ridiculous thing to be having an argument about.

Welcome to the WoW chat thread!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thought this was chatworthy..

So apparently due to hardware issues and a fishing expolit that was being used to lag the server. Today Ensidia transfers off of Tarren Mill to Lightnings Blade, home of Paragon.

What do they do now if Paragon transfers away?

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    I guess I better get on getting all the rest of the engineering recipes from Gnomeragon.

Oh god, don't remind me. The [Schematic: Flame Deflector] is the only Engineering recipe I'm missing (outside of raid recipes, which I don't count, sue me). Wowhead puts it at a whopping 0.7% drop rate.

Oh and that picture of Mekkatorque is TCG artwork. I even built a (fun) deck around the guy.

Grobian on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Alliance gets Gnome event. Gnomes suck.

I fail to be excited.
    You happen to be playing the wrong faction, sir.

Come to the Horde, we have beef.
    Gnutson wrote: »
    Thought this was chatworthy..

So apparently due to hardware issues and a fishing expolit that was being used to lag the server. Today Ensidia transfers off of Tarren Mill to Lightnings Blade, home of Paragon.

What do they do now if Paragon transfers away?
    This is the third realm their army of jackass followers will ruin. :^:

815165 on
  • Options
    NylonathetepNylonathetep Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    When new battlegrounds reared it's ugly head,
    The Alliance bravely turned their tails and fled.

Yes, brave Alliance turned about

And gallantly they afked out.

Bravely taking to their mounts,
    they beat a very brave failcake.

Bravest of the braaaave, Alliance!

Nylonathetep on
    714353-1.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What is with all the phat rapping today?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So is Ruby Sanctum is gonna get pushed off to the same patch (3.9, or whatever) as the Gnome/Troll event unlocks?

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I thought the Ruby Sanctum was this next patch?

edit: Guess not.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    What is with all the phat rapping today?

Here you go.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    echoisles1.jpg

I want this armor.

NOW.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yes, aside from a gooseish "lmgtfy" I know exactly what the rap is rapping with in terms of its rappiness. That said, I was not understanding why today, and your lmgtfy link shows nothing to the contrary. Thanks though?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yes, aside from a gooseish "lmgtfy" I know exactly what the rap is rapping with in terms of its rappiness. That said, I was not understanding why today, and your lmgtfy link shows nothing to the contrary. Thanks though?

Anytime!

ironzerg on
  • Options
    martinimartini Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We had a long african vs. european swallow conversation in guild chat a couple nights ago. ;)

martini on
    I raised the wall. And I will be the one to knock it down.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ironzerg wrote: »

Anytime!

Awesome.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    That armor has been in the game for years now. Do Zul'Aman and have at it.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    cyfircyfir Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ZA gear was hands down the most awesome looking armor in the game. Bringing it back is not only acceptable, but to be actively encouraged.

cyfir on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm curious as to how these events will work. It'd be awesome if you could fight Therm and 'zane as a one-boss encounter. As a bonus, it'd give Horde a troll raid!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    cyfir wrote: »
    ZA gear was hands down the most awesome looking armor in the game. Bringing it back is not only acceptable, but to be actively encouraged.
    ZA was the bestest instance. :^:

815165 on
  • Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, I wanna roll an alt to get out of the teens. I have an 80 hunter, a 64.6 prot warrior and a 35 rogue who hasn't seen the light of day in a year. I'd like something that's fun and easy to play and not expensive to gear while leveling up. I have plate heirloom/2h sword and cloth heirlooms with staff/spellpower 'chant.

I'm about to have severly limited play time so leveling fast, cheap while still being fun is a factor. My prot warrior is the most fun i've had so far, soloing up to +4 my level.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Warlock. Draintank.

You'll never ever have to stop ever.

Ever.

ever

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Roll a Retribution Paladin, put two points in Pursuit of Justice and you'll be pretty much a leveling machine. Plus, Paladins are hella fun. Quest reward gear will be better than most things you'll find in the AH. Also, you'll want to log onto your hunter and run heroics with me, jerk.

Samphis on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would say shadow priest, but it's terrible up until you get shadowform.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the replies guys. I had a 39 lock from vanilla days. Hated him. deleted him last week because i had 10 toons on the server and no room for a dullknight or a cataclysm character. I deleted my 14 pally cause i want to roll a cowadin come cata. I have a 14 priest but she kills SLOW. I was thinking shammy but there's only 2 starter areas and i dislike both. Undead stink too. Thoughts?

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mage with heirlooms is kind of fun, I haven't really had much time to get beyond lvl 12 on mine though

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Keep playing the Warrior, we're the best.

815165 on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Opty wrote:
    I'd rather heal a 30k health tank who takes 5k a hit than a 40k tank who takes 10k a hit.
    Except that's not really a thing that actually happens. A tank with 40k health almost assuredly has higher ilevel gear than the tank with 30k health, so if anything, he's taking less damage as armor is mostly a function of ilevel.

Besides trinkets, there is almost never much of a choice between health and mitigation for tanks.

forty on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There seems to be a lot of complaining about how some classes only use two buttons to play. All I can really say about that is
    2634287974241518.JPG.19313260267924226

Jars on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    End wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    If major patches were story segements, 3.3.5 would be 3.4, as that is the first attack by the Black Dragonflight.

Think bigger. Like "Acts" or whatever.
    I loved the voice chat Act.

forty on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    UncleChet wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys. I had a 39 lock from vanilla days. Hated him. deleted him last week because i had 10 toons on the server and no room for a dullknight or a cataclysm character. I deleted my 14 pally cause i want to roll a cowadin come cata. I have a 14 priest but she kills SLOW. I was thinking shammy but there's only 2 starter areas and i dislike both. Undead stink too. Thoughts?

Mage is fun (and convenient, make food/water, portal to towns, woo!)

And try warlock again. Affliction warlock leveling is hilariously fun and easy. Only pet class I have ever liked in any game in the history of forever.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    forty wrote: »
    If major patches were story segements, 3.3.5 would be 3.4, as that is the first attack by the Black Dragonflight.

Because Voice Chat appeared in WotLK.

Wow, thanks for clearing that up.

Didn't I already say how they changed their patch number strategy with WotLK? Or did I imagine it?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of complaining about how some classes only use two buttons to play. All I can really say about that is
    I don't think it's invalid for people to complain about the rather large variance between difficulty/skill required and payoff across the spectrum of classes/specs.

forty on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I guess I missed the part where the discussion about major/minor patches was limited only to WotLK.

forty on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Except that's not really a thing that actually happens. A tank with 40k health almost assuredly has higher ilevel gear than the tank with 30k health, so if anything, he's taking less damage as armor is mostly a function of ilevel.

Besides trinkets, there is almost never much of a choice between health and mitigation for tanks.
    I've seen it happen. I've healed a Pally with 50k health who required me to spam Nourish to keep him up versus a DK with 35k health who I didn't need to bother with more than my Hots and the occasional Swiftmend. Usually it's from them wearing PvP or DPS gear, which is where my "equivalent gearscore" came into play.

Opty on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Maybe you guys should pay more attention and you wont miss things!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I guess I missed the part where the discussion about major/minor patches was limited only to WotLK.

You missed the part where I said WotLK changed the way they distinguished minor and major patches.

Minor patches didn't used to include content like they do now, for instance.

Edit: The issue was originally that it seems like they're doing seemed different and so forth. This I agree with and I said I think (which I could be wrong about) that they base patches specifically around story now. In fact, we weren't even discussing TBC/Classic patch numbers until I brought it up. And then reVerse said it was a silly thing to argue about and then you jumped into the conversation with apparently not reading my previous post.

Edit2: Although, feel free to make jabs at me calling major patches content patches, since 2.2 wasn't much for "content". 8-)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    UncleChet wrote: »

Shamans are amazing. And yes, the starting Tauren and Troll/Orc areas kind of suck, though as soon as I get past the intro stuff I run my Horde characters over to Eversong/Ghostlands anyway, so...

Only thing that sucks is how you have to jump back to TB/Org for training. That eventually becomes not much of an issue once you get Astral Recall and the minor glyph that reduces the cooldown to 7.5 minutes.

God I wish I had that back when I was leveling my Shaman. But even unglyphed, 15 minutes wasn't bad. 5 hearths an hour!

Dranyth on
  • Options
    SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mage is fun and extremely useful with water/food/portals, but personally I'm a druid fan for leveling. You've got stealth, which is an incredible questing tool. If you're feral, you rarely have to eat or drink, since you can heal yourself and regen while catting; plus innervate, eventually. As feral you can tank even in dps gear for most instances; if you have an offspec you can go resto, which pretty much guarantees you instant dungeon queues if you queue as tank/healer. It's a class that's not a glass cannon (like mage, priest), can heal itself and kill stuff quickly, and doesn't have to be boring unless you make it so (imo, like pally, hunter).

Also, once you hit endgame, you have every option in the game: ranged/melee dps, tank, or healer. Easy to gear up, easy to find a raid spot or guild spot. What more could you ask for?

Spacemilk on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    I don't think it's invalid for people to complain about the rather large variance between difficulty/skill required and payoff across the spectrum of classes/specs.

More buttons does not equal harder though. Survival has 6 regular abilities but I find it very easy to play.

Jars on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Spacemilk wrote: »
    Mage is fun and extremely useful with water/food/portals, but personally I'm a druid fan for leveling. You've got stealth, which is an incredible questing tool. If you're feral, you rarely have to eat or drink, since you can heal yourself and regen while catting; plus innervate, eventually. As feral you can tank even in dps gear for most instances; if you have an offspec you can go resto, which pretty much guarantees you instant dungeon queues if you queue as tank/healer. It's a class that's not a glass cannon (like mage, priest), can heal itself and kill stuff quickly, and doesn't have to be boring unless you make it so (imo, like pally, hunter).

Also, once you hit endgame, you have every option in the game: ranged/melee dps, tank, or healer. Easy to gear up, easy to find a raid spot or guild spot. What more could you ask for?

Exactly. It probably gives the worst impression levels 1-19, but for someone who can look ahead and anticipate being useful in dungeons and raids, for a person who doesn't mind learning multiple playstyles, druid is an awesome time saver as far as leveling. Plus, get all your gear on one character, no left over emblems, you only need alts for their trade skills.

And there's also instant cast flight form that can be used in midair, and lets you collect herbs while "mounted," and a cat talent that makes your running speed faster on the ground too.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Opty wrote: »

I've seen it happen. I've healed a Pally with 50k health who required me to spam Nourish to keep him up versus a DK with 35k health who I didn't need to bother with more than my Hots and the occasional Swiftmend. Usually it's from them wearing PvP or DPS gear, which is where my "equivalent gearscore" came into play.
    I don't think a 50k health paladin is wearing any PvP gear. The only way this anecdote can make any sense in the mechanics of WoW, and even then it's unlikely, would be if the paladin simply didn't use Holy Shield. But that wouldn't be a gear issue, then.

The other possibility is that the paladin simply pulled more since he was better geared, at which point it's no longer apples and oranges.

forty on
This discussion has been closed.