As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] Lich King? We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    The "free purp tuesday" mentality of ridiculously easy encounters is what makes groups wipe, and makes bad players.
    I really don't have a problem with VoA, and never have. It's 2 encounters. 10-man, and 25-man. The individual bosses don't really count enough to matter. The people who are going to become bad players from VoA aren't going to matter enough to make any difference in anyone's lives.

Oh no, I just mean people in general who have the mindset of "X encounter is so easy I don't need to try lolololol"

With X encounter being everything up to and including heroic 25 man lich king.

Langly on
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PallyPower is an awesome mod. Makes buffing as a pally much less headache-inducing and lets someone else in the raid take care of what you're actually buffing.

See, this is exactly why I hate PallyPower (and I do use it). Some tool who has little to no idea how it actually works gets into a pug and then proceeds to screw up buffing because he/she is used to having someone else set it all up for them.

I'd much rather people have to use some sense in the buffing process (sans addon if necessary) than believe that it should be automated for them. PallyPower allows silly geese to be lazy and not pay attention, which is great in your own raid (your guild can deal with your bull) but a massive headache in a pug.

to be frank, it isn't as though people too stupid to know how to use their blessings (and you have to be stupid) are going to mess them up with or without pallypower. the mod has little or nothing to do with it.

The mod allows these people have a guildmate set their blessings so they can forget it (and that forgetting it process becomes a problem when they are in a raid without that oversight). And that, I'd say, is a problem which the mod is explicitly linked too.

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    I'm too cool to properly buff my group. It's not like this shit's even that har-- GOD DAMMIT DPS WHY ARE THOSE FROZEN ORBS NOT DOWN YET?

For some reason I kept thinking of Anub'Arak's orbs. Which is silly. And then I thought of LK's orbs. Which is still silly, but a lot less silly.

Then I realized you were talking about VoA. >_<

Anyhow, PallyPower. It's a lot more useful if all your buffing paladins have it, or the other AddOn that "works" with PallyPower, most of the time, but I can't remember the name. Our paladin that normally sets up PallyPower doesn't even use PallyPower. Setting up blessings is far less of a problem than it used to be now, though.

For things like Grid, Healbot, etc etc, I think that is best to personal preference. However, there's some libraries that share information like incoming heals that is nice if every healer has, but I think all the major raid frame AddOns include it (or at least include pluggable support for it), so usually that info is available. It's nice knowing if I should pop an healthstone/whatever or not because I can see if I'm about to get a big fatty heal. Or not.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I raid using only the base UI and MagicRunes for my DK. smug.gif

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have never run in to someone who had pallypower and didn't know how to use it.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    C'mon guys, is UI snobbery going to be the new GS snobbery?

:P

Spacemilk on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    At this point I like Pallypower just because it frees up space on my bars.

I'd like it more if I had the ability to switch which class had what blessings in combat.

Nobody on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    The "free purp tuesday" mentality of ridiculously easy encounters is what makes groups wipe, and makes bad players.
    I really don't have a problem with VoA, and never have. It's 2 encounters. 10-man, and 25-man. The individual bosses don't really count enough to matter. The people who are going to become bad players from VoA aren't going to matter enough to make any difference in anyone's lives.
    Except when those bad players are the reason the bosses don't die.

forty on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Q: Are one-handed Fury warriors going to be competing with rogues for one-handed weapons?
    A: This is unlikely. Rogues and shaman will want one-handers with Agility, while warriors and death knights will want them with Strength. I won’t be surprised when one of these classes picks up the other’s weapon as it could be an upgrade simply based on the damage, but it won’t be optimal.
    So slow weapons with strength will be desirable only to frost DKs and a fraction of Fury warriors? It's like the new spell power plate!

To be fair, it's not quite that bad, since there are far fewer of a weapon type than an armor type, but still.

forty on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm confused. Why would a fury warrior want a 1h instead of a 2h anyway? I thought i read the notes for Warrior but maybe I missed something.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm with Fantastico in that I refuse to use healing addons beyond raid frames and Needtoknow for my ES/WS. It's not so much being non-conformist as not being one of those people who depend on their UI to heal and get shut down after major patches or UI errors.

That said, I staunchly believe that anyone even considering raiding needs to use a threat meter. Even if you're healing, even if you're a pet class, you need to know when your fool ass is pulling too hard.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm confused. Why would a fury warrior want a 1h instead of a 2h anyway? I thought i read the notes for Warrior but maybe I missed something.

The example used was that some people like the fast swinging style that goes with 1h weapons.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    While this thread is the new UI thread, am I the only Tank (mainspec, but also DPS/Heal) to use Grid/Clique all the time? ie: not raid healing but just as simple/clean party tracker and use it for non-healing spells as BoP, Cleanse or even Rebirth? I just found it odd during a guild discussion that some people who uses those addons only use it to heal and not all the time for those other beneficial spells.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Devs are gonna add something parallel to Titan's Grip for those weirdos that want to keep dual wielding 1h weapons. Crazy huh?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    I love how wow.com has started to talk about Naxx like it was 'Nam. "Back then we slogged both ways uphill in slime to face Grobbulus with only our teeth - AND WE LIKED IT!"

I'm unable to get there now. Is there any way you could copy it and spoil it here for those of us goobers at a place of employment that have really odd firewall rules?

It's just an article about evil achievements that's all like IMMORTAL WAS SO HARD IT GAVE US ULCERS AND NERVOUS TICS

Tell them to do Herald of the Titans.

Then they can QQ!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    forty wrote: »
    Q: Are one-handed Fury warriors going to be competing with rogues for one-handed weapons?
    A: This is unlikely. Rogues and shaman will want one-handers with Agility, while warriors and death knights will want them with Strength. I won’t be surprised when one of these classes picks up the other’s weapon as it could be an upgrade simply based on the damage, but it won’t be optimal.
    So slow weapons with strength will be desirable only to frost DKs and a fraction of Fury warriors? It's like the new spell power plate!

To be fair, it's not quite that bad, since there are far fewer of a weapon type than an armor type, but still.

Prot paladins and prot warriors will also probably want the same weapons -- with the death of on-swing mechanics and defense, there is less of a compelling reason for tanks to heavily desire fast weapons, and they can just tune the tanks to not have mitigation stats on their tanking weapons.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    I'm guessing that we'll stop seeing tank one-handers so there's
    more competition.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

And prot paladins/prot warriors (now that HS is instant) for threat generation.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Getting rid of tanking weapons would actually be a pretty good idea, now that we won't need to keep up with the def cap.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You know, prot paladins/warriors would probably want those weapons now, too.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

It does seem pretty dumb. I'm not sure why we can't just have a talent for DW DKs and Warriors that says "Agility on weapons will also grant attack power equivalent to Strength."

Like, make it a part of ToT for Frost DKs and make it a part of the new DW talent for Warriors. Done.

EDIT: Nevermind, the above guys are right about the whole tanking thing. Although now we get to bitch about tanks getting there weapons stolen instead :P .

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    With the changes to block will Palarrior tanks want to go with AGI instead of STR for tanking weapons?

Edit: Obviously not but I still love my Quel'Da-rogue-sword for tanking on my paladin. I hope Cata brings in a new non-silly goose tanking tanking enchant that isn't from 25mans. Something to replace Mongoose that is.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tyberius wrote: »
    While this thread is the new UI thread, am I the only Tank (mainspec, but also DPS/Heal) to use Grid/Clique all the time? ie: not raid healing but just as simple/clean party tracker and use it for non-healing spells as BoP, Cleanse or even Rebirth? I just found it odd during a guild discussion that some people who uses those addons only use it to heal and not all the time for those other beneficial spells.

I never turn off VuhDo. I just tend to map other types of abilities to clicks instead. I've mapped Tricks of the Trade to right click on my rogue, and Vigilance on my baby warrior.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Assuming that tanks find 1H str weapons as desirable as 1h fury warriors and frost DKs, it'll be about as contested as 1H agility weapons (which rogues, enhancement shamans, and sometimes hunters would want), while also doing a bit to alleviate some of the massive demand currently associated with 2H strength weapons.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm thinking of starting my account back up.

Someone, please, stop me.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Prot paladins and prot warriors will also probably want the same weapons -- with the death of on-swing mechanics and defense, there is less of a compelling reason for tanks to heavily desire fast weapons, and they can just tune the tanks to not have mitigation stats on their tanking weapons.
    Oh yeah, that's a good point. They can just get rid of tanking weapons completely with no more tank abilities that favor fast attacks. DKs have obviously never had tanking two handers either. And barring some ilevel 200-213 exceptions, there are no tanking staves/polearms for bears either.

Fuck yeah! Now as long as tanking guns continue to be BoE trash drops or emblem items, no more tank-only weapons at all!

forty on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Carnarvon wrote: »

None of these awesome changes are in yet and the reasons you left the game are probably still present and will weigh down upon you as soon as you resub.

Oats on
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Hey lets go grind rep/do crusader dailies!

polloface on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

90% of the people you group with randomly will be completely incompetent at an easy game.

forty on
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

You'll probably get stunlocked to death as soon as you log in. Unless you're a rogue, then vanish won't work right.

Quetzatcoatl on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

You'll probably get stunlocked to death as soon as you log in. Unless you're a rogue, then vanish won't work right.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Your gear is bad and you should feel bad.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Gearscore.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Awesome sauce: Righteous Defense as a clique binding on a tankadin. <3<3<3

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

So is this the new professions thread too?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've never used Healbot, but I dislike it because a couple of the (good) healers in my guild use it, and apparently it does weird things with layout if there are more people in the raid than the instance. It makes it a pain because we can't sideline people into group 6. we have to remove them so healbot doesn't bitch.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Also if your dps and want to get badges:

Wait 15 minutes in dungeon queue, get Halls of Reflection, group disbands after zoning in.

Hell mode: starts the long version of the RP and wipes after first trash pack, group fights then disbands!

polloface on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ahhhhh disaster diverted.

Thanks guys.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    ahhhhh disaster diverted.

Thanks guys.
    Of course, you're fucked when Cataclysm is out.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Zarhym wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:
    So when you buffed Frost Mages last patch which statistic did you get the idea from that they needed a buff? Did one die while he was afk somewhere?
    I thought I made it pretty evident in my last post that we track your posts in specific, Phoenix, and do the opposite of whatever you think is good.

Ah, gotta love blue posts. Here

Monsty on
This discussion has been closed.