Options

What do you want your body to do after you die?

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want my body to do a jig after I die

Cuz that would be rad

Sheri on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    Here are my wishes, should I shuffle off the mortal coil in the unlikely event that I die before gene therapy reaches its inevitable potential and lets us all live forever:

I wish to be cremated, the ashes poured into a freshly dug hole, and in the hole, atop the ash, a sapling of a great tree be planted. Preferably a Canadian Redwood, but anything that grows large and lives long will do.

This tree should be planted in a place where it will be allowed to live for a long time, away from noise and development, a place where a person might reflect, a place where I might be happy to linger for eternity.

The tree should be unmarked and unadorned, no etching of my life or symbol of my death, known only to those who knew me, that this is my tree. The tree should stand alone in a field, with space around that if they so wish, and if immortality eludes them also, the great loves in life, wife, children, friends may be planted with a tree nearby when they also die.

I have no wishes as to the details of my funeral, apart from the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUg9nHU9LBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uyWAe0NhQ[url][/url]

I'll go with some Rip Slyme
    [URL=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg73872lq5c[/URL]

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sheri wrote: »

Cuz that would be rad

elaborate system of pulleys and levers

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »

Cuz that would be rad

Less rad

Sheri on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Cuz that would be rad

Less rad

Fill you full of

jumping-beans.jpg

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Solid BonesSolid Bones Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You shouldn't fill dead people with googly eyes.

It's rude in many cultures.

Solid Bones on
    Tea and Scrabble
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    No
    that is dumb
    we get some of those stagehand dudes in complete black outfits and they move you around in a super awesome dance/karate mid air fight scene where you kick some random dude's ass
    even in death you are a mighty champion

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Cuz that would be rad

Less rad

Dance to death.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spudge wrote: »
    Grab a bitchin' Camaro
    Rig it up for remote drive
    Stuff me in the driver seat, whiskey in one hand, cigar in the other (top hat and monocle preferred)
    Load it to the hilt with explosives
    Drive off ramp situated on a cliff

Detonate

Funerals. Brought to you by Micheal Bay

Wait no, that's with the Camaro, the cliff-jump, and then F-22s shoot you mid-air. Fuck, I like this idea.

But seriously, I like the idea of being cremated, and being put underneath a tree sapling (an oak, maybe a redwood, something though that would survive on it's own, and not look out of place. We have both around here, naturally). I imagine it being an oak on a hillside, overlooking a nice valley, or a redwood that's easy to find but off the road, in a gully in the forest.

My fiance mentioned, as we were talking about this once, that she couldn't choose just one song to play; she'd just put my iPod on shuffle, even all the crazy shit like random movie scores.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    if i ever was to be buried i'd want yakkity sax to be played as i'm lowered into the hole

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cremated and buried under a tree?

lame

what you wanna do is get buried feet-first, no casket, have a sapling planted just behind your skull
    bam, that tree gets fertilized by your corpse, and your bones stick around in its root system

bonus points if it's on a hill and the hillside erodes, exposing your skeleton supported like a macabre puppet by a hundred roots

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    if i ever was to be buried i'd want yakkity sax to be played as i'm lowered into the hole

Theme song to Sanford and Son

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    One thing you have to remember about something like planting a tree over you, is that you should, in combination with relying on family members to take care of the tree, also rely on the gov't to protect national parks, plant yourself there so some asshole doesn't get to clear cut your unmarked grave for some shitty condos...
    I mean, maybe you have to ask for permission or something, but it's not like someone is going to bitch about you adding an extra tree to a national park

edit: Dichotomy that is amazing
    oh god, that would be insane if that happened

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    cremated and buried under a tree?

lame

what you wanna do is get buried feet-first, no casket, have a sapling planted just behind your skull
    bam, that tree gets fertilized by your corpse, and your bones stick around in its root system

bonus points if it's on a hill and the hillside erodes, exposing your skeleton supported like a macabre puppet by a hundred roots

Hahahahahaha

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want to be cremated

and my ashes fired out of a cannon

into the Sun

Tam on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Honestly, I'd rather not die at all and if I did I would like to be frozen and brought back with the magical science our future society will have.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Plenty of places do tree planting now. The trick is that to be really good plant food, you've got to not let them fill your body with toxic chemicals and preservatives... embalming might make you look decent for an open casket, but it's horrible poison as far as plant food and soil pollution go.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I totally don't want to be embalmed

why ruin a perfectly good corpse

just staple an old photo over my face

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spudge wrote: »
    Grab a bitchin' Camaro
    Rig it up for remote drive
    Stuff me in the driver seat, whiskey in one hand, cigar in the other (top hat and monocle preferred)
    Load it to the hilt with explosives
    Drive off ramp situated on a cliff

Detonate

this is pretty much my ideal funeral, except over the side of a bridge into a river instead of a cliff. and it doesn't need to be a fancy car, the old corolla I drove in high school would be fine.
    when I communicated as such to my father a couple months ago, I don't think he believed me.

since that's not very likely to happen though, I suppose I'd want my body cremated after all the interesting or reuseable parts were harvested in the name of medicine/science. Then, at my funeral, Europe's The Final Countdown must be played in its entirety. That's actually the most important part, and I need to get it officially down in writing so whoever is taking care of this thing knows that I was really for reals on that point.

edit: also, avery brooks would deliver my eulogy

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    all I know is that at my funeral I want a full orchestra and choir performing the whole of Mozart's "Requiem"

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Viking funeral. Let my ship glide ablaze into the cold black waters over the broken bodies of my slaves.

Well, only if my death is worthy of the Valkyries.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Skelly BSkelly B Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Trick question. I'm pretty sure the world won't even exist after I die.

Skelly B on
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want my body to be dead after I die, because I'll be dead.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Chuck whatever isn't used for science out into the woods.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want my body to be placed in a vacuum sealed chamber, and encased in living quartz crystal. Zordon style.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also, I want Valhalla, not Folkvang.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want my body to be used to fight bears. This lazy fucker doesn't do shit, it will serve in death.

Melding on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Also, I want Valhalla, not Folkvang.
    I would much rather bang the shit out of Freya than have to deal with Odin. Odin gets all moody.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    Delicious SteveDelicious Steve Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Zombie.

You know just something to let my brain have a rest, Liches and Ghosts still have to think and stuff.

Delicious Steve on
  • Options
    HoovesHooves Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want my body to be harvested for all of its organs and usable tissue once I am dead so that they may benefit someone in need

anyone who is not willing to do the same is a selfish prick

Hooves on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fuck all y'all
    Tibetan Sky Burial all the way

RubberAC on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to have all my organs poisoned and made unusable at my death. Because they're mine! Mine!

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    maybe have my body stood up in a big ass box, then concrete poured around me. so's i can conquer my only big fear at some point

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Futore wrote: »
    maybe have my body stood up in a big ass box, then concrete poured around me. so's i can conquer my only big fear at some point

Your big fear is being encased in concrete?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Darmak wrote: »

Your big fear is being encased in concrete?

That's a pretty legitimate fear.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    yeah. it's pretty much the only one i've ever had. the whole process of just slowly being able to not move as the pressure bares down and then hardens around you.

i've always had this imagined thing that it would be so torturous to be put in cement. even with your head out of it, the whole thing hardening around you so that you can't continue to breathe in and expand your chest.

i'm not even sure that that is what happens but it is the only thing that gives me the heebie jeebies. everything else i can think of, i could see myself facing

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    (i get night terrors of sleep paralysis and have for years and years now)

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    At my funeral I want my oldest friend there to read the list of my cheeky indiscretions.

The teenage vandalism, the teasing of my co-workers, the whole lot

and I want them to do it with a smile on their face

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    yeah. it's pretty much the only one i've ever had. the whole process of just slowly being able to not move as the pressure bares down and then hardens around you.

i've always had this imagined thing that it would be so torturous to be put in cement. even with your head out of it, the whole thing hardening around you so that you can't continue to breathe in and expand your chest.

i'm not even sure that that is what happens but it is the only thing that gives me the heebie jeebies. everything else i can think of, i could see myself facing

Also, when the cement cures it produces heat so you would get extremely hot. I don't know how hot, if it would just be uncomfortable or if you'd be baked alive, but I wouldn't want to find out either.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    lastwishes.png

Centipede Damascus on