As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MINECRAFT - Build to the sky, Dig to the depths. Join the masses.

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man. Going back to single player after being on Ein's server for a while is really tough.

Edit: My girlfriend was exploring a megacave on her single player world and found... this.
    whatthe.jpg

aflowerinalavacave.jpg

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    proyebat wrote: »

There's two blocks of dirt followed by maybe one block of stone before some MASSIVE natural caves start all with lava in them. I tried to map them, but when making steps I kept opening up more caves.

I also found a secret Communist lair hidden under my barn. I will eradicate this red filth apon my return.
    So underground is probably no go. Also the bedrock is right down there as well as the top soil was lowered to give Columbia more room.

Don't tell me this server is going to play out redstone cultists like underdark. Let people build with the stuff without bitching and moaning.

I think you are massively misapprehending both the nature of my server and the particular thing Tim is talking about.

Ein on
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    He made it sound like there is/was/is going to be some kind of group vs group situation. I'm cool if something like that took place. I was just bugged that for some time in underdark, people would ruin other people's property if it had a spec of redstone wiring.

I just want to know.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    proyebat wrote: »
    He made it sound like there is/was/is going to be some kind of group vs group situation. I'm cool if something like that took place. I was just bugged that for some time in underdark, people would ruin other people's property if it had a spec of redstone wiring.

I just want to know.

Naw this is totally a joke thing based on the Uber-Americanism that is portrayed in the Bioshock: Infinite trailer.

I'll probably build another one under some field. It's just right under my barn right now and that's space I need!

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    IrtehmongooseIrtehmongoose Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I would appreciate an invite.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/irtehmongoose

Irtehmongoose on
  • Options
    EnclaveEnclave Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tim was making a joke is all, simple as that.

Now yes, you'll encounter griefers from time to time, but they will be near impossible to not have with Ein letting everybody have access. Hopefully with time the bad elements will all be banned and we'll have a true Minecraft eutopia on our hands, but that dream is a long ways off I'm sure.

Enclave on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just got this. Time to go mining and crafting.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Howlin' Mad MurphyHowlin' Mad Murphy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I went in to a cave system with the intention of getting dirt to do some land fill. Well, I've been in this cave for nearly over an hour and it just keeps going deeper. I'm also hopelessly lost, the tunnels keep turning back in on themselves and I have no idea where I broke into this area from.

Strange enough, there is a complete lack of monsters. Not that I'm complaining.

Oh god, I just found the way out by pure accident. I decided to look up, what a novel idea!

Howlin' Mad Murphy on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I went in to a cave system with the intention of getting dirt to do some land fill. Well, I've been in this cave for nearly over an hour and it just keeps going deeper. I'm also hopelessly lost, the tunnels keep turning back in on themselves and I have no idea where I broke into this area from.

Oh god, I just found the way out by pure accident. I decided to look up, what a novel idea!

Sure you don't have the game on peaceful?

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Goddamn.

Is it possible to make a boat/canal system? Basically I want to get around my map via boat.

But I cant seem to get bucketed water to just even out. I am left with rapids which always seem to result in my boat being smashed against a wall and me walking back for ten minutes.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    Howlin' Mad MurphyHowlin' Mad Murphy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »

Sure you don't have the game on peaceful?

No it's not on peaceful. I fought some zombies and skeletons on the surface before going in to that cave. I think the game is just trying to lure me into a false sense of security when I go underground.

Howlin' Mad Murphy on
  • Options
    Skelly BSkelly B Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I made myself a little lumberjack skin.

Does that look like a goatee/beard or just some weird thing floating by his face?

http://minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=Skelly_B

Skelly B on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Someone mind throwing me an invite?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zandracon

Zandracon on
  • Options
    BluefootBluefoot Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm actually oddly glad that Ein's server is full because that means I get to keep the next 5 hours of my life.

Bluefoot on
  • Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Haha oh god don't GIS minecraft with safesearch off. There are some terrible thingssssssssssss.

Squirrel Rancher on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Haha oh god don't GIS minecraft with safesearch off. There are some terrible thingssssssssssss.

man, i didnt see any dirty images.

i feel a little disappointed

fake edit: wait, theres a cock.

vindicated

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Al_wat wrote: »

man, i didnt see any dirty images.

i feel a little disappointed

fake edit: wait, theres a cock.

vindicated

I found a creeper with boobs, a creeper with boobs and what appears to be a vagina. I dare not creep any further.

Lux782 on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Goddamn.

Is it possible to make a boat/canal system? Basically I want to get around my map via boat.

But I cant seem to get bucketed water to just even out. I am left with rapids which always seem to result in my boat being smashed against a wall and me walking back for ten minutes.

You need more water then. Pour water buckets into blocks that you haven't already placed them, they should be noticeably lower then the other ones. I find it easiest when making a canal to just pour water in a checkerboard pattern.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I took a night off of fortress building to make some pictures on a beach.

Pac Man, 1-Up Mushroom, Space Invader and a King Panda.
    ad1efc01.png

DekuStick on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I fucked up my cart line or whatever. The powered minecart needs to be more powerful.

Couscous on
  • Options
    EstiloEstilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    *edit* never mind I mistook an old post for the last page...

Estilo on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DekuStick wrote: »

ad1efc01.png

What is the green in the mushroom?!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »

ad1efc01.png

Leaves. Edited in.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cool, got some time on Ein's server tonight. Laid down foundations for my project on Freebuild island. Currently it's a sand outline with some signs and my "house" (shack) next to it.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If block physics are ever implemented, I want to be there to see Columbia fall.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »

ad1efc01.png

Leaves. Edited in.

Yeah I just used a "/give username 18 64". I don't usually use my admin powers to give myself blocks but I make exceptions.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    If block physics are ever implemented, I want to be there to see Columbia fall.

It will be glorious. Also sad.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ugh.

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ugh.

Been playing Reach? :lol:

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Someone mind sending me an invite?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/randombattle

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I just spent like 4 hours slaving around a giant fucking cactus. Ein's server, go to the desert warp and follow the signs/ torches.

The Cactus God demands your visit. Feel free to leave a donation in the box.

A hint to get you interested: this cactus stretches from bedrock to the sky limit.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have a problem...

So I downloaded the game a few days ago, and it wouldn't load up. I went to the Minecraft forum, and I looked up the problem I was having and the answer for it.
    I can't see Minecraft/ Something graphical /black or white screen
    Common Problem: Pixel Format Not Accelerated
    • This is a visual or graphical problem, half of the time this is a Driver Issue. Go and update your video cards drivers. (Control Panel> Run> Dxdiag> Display tab. Locate the 'Name' and then look up the name + Drivers on Google. ) Still don't work? Check for anything that might conflict (Like Visual Themes, or another visual program like Object Dock or such.) On some occassions, vista can cause compatibality issues. Check your drivers for Vista only or compatible.

I did what it told me to try and do to fix it, but nothing worked. I use 7, I have a Gforce 8800GT(fully up dated) and I even switched my visual theme to basic. But I still get the same thing, every time I try to run it. Should I just get my money back? I think so.

Highfire on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So, can someone PM me the server details or something please?

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Highfire wrote: »
    I have a problem...

So I downloaded the game a few days ago, and it wouldn't load up. I went to the Minecraft forum, and I looked up the problem I was having and the answer for it.
    • This is a visual or graphical problem, half of the time this is a Driver Issue. Go and update your video cards drivers. (Control Panel> Run> Dxdiag> Display tab. Locate the 'Name' and then look up the name + Drivers on Google. ) Still don't work? Check for anything that might conflict (Like Visual Themes, or another visual program like Object Dock or such.) On some occassions, vista can cause compatibality issues. Check your drivers for Vista only or compatible.

I did what it told me to try and do to fix it, but nothing worked. I use 7, I have a Gforce 8800GT(fully up dated) and I even switched my visual theme to basic. But I still get the same thing, every time I try to run it. Should I just get my money back? I think so.

Well, I have a GeForce 8800 GTS 512, with driver updates from 7/9/10, and it's running okay for me. I think it's gotta be something else.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If you're playing right now, don't quit! MC.net is down. Again.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If you're playing right now, don't quit! MC.net is down. Again.
    I just tried to get on to find this out. :(

Maybe I'll play some Reach. It probably feels lonely ever since I discovered Minecraft.

edit: Wait, I got on. :D

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Can anyone add pictures of what you guys keep talking about into the OP? Cause this Columbia Rapture thing you guys keep talking about makes me want to buy the game.

McAllen on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    McAllen wrote: »
    Can anyone add pictures of what you guys keep talking about into the OP? Cause this Columbia Rapture thing you guys keep talking about makes me want to buy the game.

Check out Ein's post right under the OP. He's got some pictures there.

Drake on
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Highfire wrote: »
    I have a problem...

No, you shouldn't get your money back. It's an Alpha, meaning it's going to go through many revisions before it's officially released, and all those revisions will be available to you.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If it doesn't work for him, then yes, he should seek a refund. It's not his fault, or the creator's, at this point in time. He shouldn't be out money until it works for him. When it works, he can repurchase it. In the meantime, what's the point of having spent the money for nothing in return? This isn't really a pre-order program.

GPIA7R on
This discussion has been closed.