Options

[Zodiac Phalla] Monday the 8th: The Taste of Victory [Larg Victory!]

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Unfortunately, saying you're on one side in a even playing field like this is almost a surefire way to get yourself killed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Unfortunately, saying you're on one side in a even playing field like this is almost a surefire way to get yourself killed.
    I was pretty screwed anyway. People base kills on previous games. I won the last game by tricking everyone. I die day one in this game.

Because I came out as one of the factions, I, at least have a chance at being protected.

Between the vote, the ninjas, and the Stoners, I would have died.

This way, I have a chance.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I was pretty screwed anyway. People base kills on previous games. I won the last game by tricking everyone. I die day one in this game.

Because I came out as one of the factions, I, at least have a chance at being protected.

Between the vote, the ninjas, and the Stoners, I would have died.

This way, I have a chance.

Yea, I totally understand why you did what you did. I just don't think that it's a good plan for the village as a whole or even for your team. Last time you tried this you lead me right to your Gangrel friend. I think you know your card is punched so you would have done this pretty regardless of your role. As a holy stoner you get some wonderful intel at very little costs, hell best case one of the seer reveal themselves so you don't get even more info. It should be a chaotic second day if we follow your plan.

I think it's far safer to just kill you by vote.

Of course the funny bit was I was trying not to vote for you based on simply because of last game but then you went and did this. *shrug*

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Heh, ah well.

I am on the up and up and if I got seered, it would benefit the Larg troops as I have had a few people tell me who they are.

At least some people trust me. @_@

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Now I'm not a very good planner. It's tough for me to think ahead. But I figure this is a viable, mini-strategy to be employed until one of the big guns like Ardor comes up with something better.
    Wow, this sounds like a pretty dangerous idea, relying on Ardor. O_o

I mean, he's a cool guy and all, but it's too early to tell which side is which, and especially who to trust.

I'd even say that it's very WARK strange to just bring his name up like that, in an all-too trusting way.

But we can't tell who to be suspicious of here, because it might be a trap. Except for Inquisitor, that's one very suspicious character, right now. ;-)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Might as well link to the Current Spreadsheet (as of post 248) before getting some rest.
    Current Vote Tally:

TehSpectre - 6 votes

Infidel - 4 votes

Inquisitor - 3 votes

Buzz Buzz - 1 vote
    cj iwakura - 1 vote
    Gnasty - 1 vote
    robothero - 1 vote
    Rygar - 1 vote
    Shamus - 1 vote
    Zerinan - 1 vote

22 players yet to vote

Hopefully we can come to some sort of consensus about who to vote for tomorrow - nobody wants to be eliminated on day one, but somebody's got to go.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Again, I think we're wasting our votes on those two. We should find someone else and eliminate them, because if the demons and/or ninjas don't kill them, I'll be stunned.

I don't want to see Inquisitor go, and Spectre may be on the up-and-up, but the one who followed his lead, I'm skeptical of.

I'm not suspicious of anyone else offhand though, shy of maybe the people who tossed out sketchy reasons for voting for one of the two leading the bandwagons.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    I will change my vote if we attack the people who spawned the Tehspectre bandwagon. That was stupid on their part. Very stupid.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So I guess we won't know what we seer until we try... plus the oracle has to find a mouthpiece (it would be very stupid for the oracle to come out and say it himself). I'm tempted to vote TehSpectre, but I just think he would be such a great asset if he's telling the truth. Right now, I have a couple suspicions but nothing really concrete. Rygar strikes me as the most suspicious, however, because he's calling for bandwagoning (couple of pages back) over individual votes.

If he's bad and knows that no one on his side is being bandwagoned right now, this would be a good strategy because it keeps people from investigating and making votes where they think they are deserved and instead voting on someone who is already set to die. But he also did not vote for the biggest bandwagon, TS, which makes me think that maybe he is calling for bandwagoning but TS might be on his side? Like I said, not much to go on, but it's worth looking into I think. If either one of them is bad, I would say investigate the other one.

For now, to avoid Rygar's strategy, I will vote for him. But the day is young and my vote very well may change.

I !vote for bandwagon happy Rygar to meet his maker

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Looking back, Infidel technically started it, since he claims to be of the opposite side.

Yet DevoutlyApathetic really got it going after that.

So who's that make the ideal target? If anyone, I'd say Infidel, because his 'me too' claim has me suspicious.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Looking back, Infidel technically started it, since he claims to be of the opposite side.

So who's that make the ideal target? If anyone, I'd say Infidel, because his 'me too' claim has me suspicious.
    Seriously, at least I have some decent reasoning behind my actions.

Infidel was just all "Me too! I'm on the other side guys!"

Why would he need to do such a thing? o.O

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !vote for Rygar.

At the moment the Stoners' biggest threat is the ninja. And the ninja are looking for people not likely to be on their side, which means they'll almost certainly go after those who voted for TehSpectre or Infidel. Voting for Tehspectre doesn't automatically make you a Goltana, but people in that bandwagon have a much greater of being Goltana than the people not in it. The same principle applies to Infidel and his bandwagon. Overall, it's just not worth the risk for the Stoners to join either bandwagon.

So I think the people we should be going after are those who've carefully avoided any hint of taking sides in this. They're the ones with something to lose. And since Rygar is the first one of them to post, he gets my vote.
    No, I have not missed the fact that I'm doing pretty much exactly what I claim a Stoner would be doing.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, I am all for not dying to the vote. I know for damn sure that I cannot survive that.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Rygar said flat out where his first vote would go, and he's stayed with it, even through the onset of the bandwagons. I think it's not worth targeting him, either.

Senior Fish's vote seemed to be pretty random, but perhaps it was.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Rygar said flat out where his first vote would go, and he's stayed with it, even through the onset of the bandwagons. I think it's not worth targeting him, either.

Umm, he said flat out? He's changed it. I just don't see your reasoning behind defending him. He actually specifically said not to vote for who you think is guilty, just bandwagon.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    He changed it? That I didn't notice. Eh. Well, there goes that logic.

No, his vote is still for Balefuego. Same as it always was.

He said he was going to vote for whoever didn't have an FFT-themed signature, and so he did. Doesn't make him any more or less suspicious to me.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    And I am the one being bandwagoned?

[CharlieBrown]Sheesh.[/CharlieBrown]

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    He changed it? That I didn't notice. Eh. Well, there goes that logic.

No, his vote is still for Balefuego. Same as it always was.

He said he was going to vote for whoever didn't have an FFT-themed signature, and so he did. Doesn't make him any more or less suspicious to me.
    Rygar wrote: »
    I !retract my vote on Balefuego.

I am going to !vote on Inquistor in the interest of not having the game melt into a camped fight on night one. I suggest very much so that we begin bandwagoning before this becomes a math game and not a political game.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I never noticed that... interesting. My mistake.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Umm, he said flat out? He's changed it. I just don't see your reasoning behind defending him. He actually specifically said not to vote for who you think is guilty, just bandwagon.

I said don't vote for someone because you think of them as being on the other side. Thats something that doesn't make sense in this part of the game. You aren't making a ton of sense Grundlterror, unless you are implying that I hold a stone, but then why would you say that I was bandwagon dodging Tehspectre because he was on my side? Wouldn't I go for Infidel next since he has the 2nd most votes? But no, I didn't. Perhaps the explanation is not your non-sensical drivel, but rather what I explained earlier:

"It doesn't make sense to out everyone this early in the game by voting for Infidel and Tehspectre."

Why are you too stupid to see this, and how does your logic even compile into a vote for me? Unless of course, you yourself are holding a stone? Thats the only reason why you would want to disrupt the creation of two networks for each side.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Rygar wrote: »

I said don't vote for someone because you think of them as being on the other side. Thats something that doesn't make sense in this part of the game. You aren't making a ton of sense Grundlterror, unless you are implying that I hold a stone, but then why would you say that I was bandwagon dodging Tehspectre because he was on my side? Wouldn't I go for Infidel next since he has the 2nd most votes? But no, I didn't. Perhaps the explanation is not your non-sensical drivel, but rather what I explained earlier:

"It doesn't make sense to out everyone this early in the game by voting for Infidel and Tehspectre."

Why are you too stupid to see this, and how does your logic even compile into a vote for me? Unless of course, you yourself are holding a stone? Thats the only reason why you would want to disrupt the creation of two networks for each side.

Insults aside, my reasoning for voting for you is outlined above. You said that we should all bandwagon (unless I'm really misunderstanding your post) instead of making individual assessments of who we think deserves death. This discourages individual investigation and thinking. At this point in the game, everyone is suspect and limiting the choices to just a few will hinder our progress, don't ya think?

At this point, either TS or Infidel are our top candidates for death. For some reason, the fact that you called for a bandwagon on someone, yet did not vote for either of the two, really rubbed me the wrong way. This is day 1 and all we have to go on is preliminary suspicion and you have roused mine. Sorry, but like I said I really don't have much to go on at this point.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Personally, I think that we should forego attacks between factions until the stoners are dead.

Also, given that TehSpectre and Infidel's professions of affiliation don't actually reliably reveal their faction identity, I doubt votes for either of them reveal faction identities.

Shinto on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Now I'm not a very good planner. It's tough for me to think ahead. But I figure this is a viable, mini-strategy to be employed until one of the big guns like Ardor comes up with something better.
    Wow, this sounds like a pretty dangerous idea, relying on Ardor. O_o

I mean, he's a cool guy and all, but it's too early to tell which side is which, and especially who to trust.

I'd even say that it's very WARK strange to just bring his name up like that, in an all-too trusting way.

But we can't tell who to be suspicious of here, because it might be a trap. Except for Inquisitor, that's one very suspicious character, right now. ;-)

Putting your faith into someone this early in a game like this seems to be a risky and possibly foolish move. I've been lucky in the past, it doesn't necessarily mean I'll be lucky again in this game.

This game reminds me of Aroduc's game, where Precisionk and Thorgot (I think) pretty much tore up the game field by claiming in the thread to be against each other when they were really on the same team. That's how I see the Infidel and Tehspectre thing right now. If they are working together and pooling any information coming their way, then what they are doing will gather them some decent information from the start here and if they can convince us that voting for one or the other will show our true colors, they don't have to worry about the vote, only the zodiacs or ninjas.

The zodiacs have a choice to make, they can let them go and see what comes of it and hope the majority will eventually vote them down, or they may feel it necessary to kill them to prevent any possible networks from forming. The networks probably favor Goltana or Larg more than they favor the zodiac braves. That's a choice the zodiacs have to make.

The specials have to be careful, time mages, oracles, knights and ninjas can easily be verified by the oracles in this game, but we aren't sure whether the zodiacs are 100% revealed by visions or not. Trusting words up front is a very risky move and could cost your team a valuable resource.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm keeping my vote with TehSpectre.

There is no way for his scheme to work if he is just an ordinary villager. I've tried it myself a few times. The only time it was successful for me was when I had a special power of invulnerability.

Now, TehSpectre has played plenty of these games. Were he an innocent villager, I think he would know that this kind of opening move doesn't work. So I'm guessing that he is a villain.

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Shinto wrote: »

There is no way for his scheme to work if he is just an ordinary villager. I've tried it myself a few times. The only time it was successful for me was when I had a special power of invulnerability.

Now, TehSpectre has played plenty of these games. Were he an innocent villager, I think he would know that this kind of opening move doesn't work. So I'm guessing that he is a villain.

In the vampire phalla game he did something like this as well and took the stake on the first night. Otherwise I agree with your assessment. We'll see what happens after narration tonight.

Ardor on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »

In the vampire phalla game he did something like this as well and took the stake on the first night. Otherwise I agree with your assessment. We'll see what happens after narration tonight.

I would agree with Shinto's assessment too, except that Spectre's entire game plan (if he's on the up and up, which is by no means certain) might be to live past day one. If that's the case, then what he's doing makes some sense. People from Caves of Phalla would likely have voted him to death at first opportunity -- this way he at least has a shot at seeing Tuesday morning.

If you look at it from that perspective... well, I'm just not so certain that he cares whether his plan works in the long run, just that it works in the short run. So it's not as ludicrous to believe that he might have given this a shot.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Seriously, at least I have some decent reasoning behind my actions.

Infidel was just all "Me too! I'm on the other side guys!"

Why would he need to do such a thing? o.O

If we assume both of you are telling the truth, I can see how he wouldn't want Larg's followers to build a nice network right off the bat without taking the same opportunity for Goltana's team.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    precisely. That's why I said earlier to let the ninjas handle them (thus removing potential network threats from either side), and the general unconfirmed populus focus on a new target.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ah, TS is feeling the heat.

When I'm under the gun I try really hard to find someone else that people will want to vote for too.

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

When I'm under the gun I try really hard to find someone else that people will want to vote for too.

Given what I know of TS's methods, I seriously doubt he's a stoner. Either he's telling the truth, or he's for Goltana and trying to smoke out Larg specials. I'm not as sure about Infidel but I suspect it is the same with him.

For now I am going to !vote for Rygar for senselessly bandwagoning a dude who's just trying to have a good time.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Given what I know of TS's methods, I seriously doubt he's a stoner. Either he's telling the truth, or he's for Goltana and trying to smoke out Larg specials. I'm not as sure about Infidel but I suspect it is the same with him.

Funky my good man, what would you expect Spectre to do if he was a stoner? We both agree that he doesn't have high expectations of living very long. Given that this plan would allow him to gather a bunch of info, most of dubious validity. With limited time who the fuck is he going to pass it to? Now if he had his own evil little team....well that makes a bit more sense. (It would also make some sense if he was family, but you'll notice he's carefully avoiding making a claim that anybody could refute.)

His actions are consistent with an attempt by a stoner to gather vital info early in the game. It requires us to believe he thinks he's dying early, which we've both publically stated to be true.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Funky my good man, what would you expect Spectre to do if he was a stoner? We both agree that he doesn't have high expectations of living very long. Given that this plan would allow him to gather a bunch of info, most of dubious validity. With limited time who the fuck is he going to pass it to? Now if he had his own evil little team....well that makes a bit more sense. (It would also make some sense if he was family, but you'll notice he's carefully avoiding making a claim that anybody could refute.)

His actions are consistent with an attempt by a stoner to gather vital info early in the game. It requires us to believe he thinks he's dying early, which we've both publically stated to be true.

It's also possibe that TS or Infidel or both are ninjas, pretending to be members of the opposite team. They pretend to have been seered, enemy knight contacts them, he kills the knight: massive advantage for his team, and the ninja power gets passed on to the next player after he dies. This seems to me like something TS might try to pull off, and it fits very conveniently with his short life expectancy in the game.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    One's absence is justified, as Locus has not been seen for two days.
    Working all weekend. Catching up on thread now.

Edit: Rather than make a new post, just adding stuff here.

I think someone else mentioned this earlier, but it's a really bad idea to try and predict what the killing roles are going to do with their extra kills for the night. Maybe the Stoners want Infidel and TehSpectre to stay alive in order to help foster more confusion and keep our attentions focused on them. Maybe the ninja are mavericks and do whatever the hell they want to do. We shouldn't let what other people might do distract us from what would be best for the village (and everyone's faction) to do.

On that note, I kinda liked the plan to keep the vote close between however many candidates for death that there are. TehSpectre, Infidel, and Rygar seem to be the bandwagons du jour, correct?

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

It's also possibe that TS or Infidel or both are ninjas, pretending to be members of the opposite team. They pretend to have been seered, enemy knight contacts them, he kills the knight: massive advantage for his team, and the ninja power gets passed on to the next player after he dies. This seems to me like something TS might try to pull off, and it fits very conveniently with his short life expectancy in the game.

I certainly hope neither is a ninja. I beileve HB mentioned in the thread that the ninja role will always exist for each side, but anyone, including a zodiac brave, could be next in line to get the ability. I hope I'm wrong, but if that's the case, killing the ninjas is almost a top priority for the zodiac braves since they could now get control of another kill every night.

If you are truly interested in removing the zodiac threat, you would not help find the ninjas in front of everyone. Until one side loses, there is always going to be a ninja against your side, so hunting them favors nobody other than the zodiac braves.

EDIT: Found it.
    When the ninja of one team dies, how does the role get passed on exactly? Is it random? Could a Zodiac Brave who is supposedly a supporter of that same prince receive the role?

The role will be passed on to someone of the same side. It could potentially go to a stone holder.

Ardor on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

I certainly hope neither is a ninja. I beileve HB mentioned in the thread that the ninja role will always exist for each side, but anyone, including a zodiac brave, could be next in line to get the ability. I hope I'm wrong, but if that's the case, killing the ninjas is almost a top priority for the zodiac braves since they could now get control of another kill every night.

If you are truly interested in removing the zodiac threat, you would not help find the ninjas in front of everyone. Until one side loses, there is always going to be a ninja against your side, so hunting them favors nobody other than the zodiac braves.

EDIT: Found it.
    When the ninja of one team dies, how does the role get passed on exactly? Is it random? Could a Zodiac Brave who is supposedly a supporter of that same prince receive the role?

The role will be passed on to someone of the same side. It could potentially go to a stone holder.

D:

Right. Another rather important rule that isn't in the OP.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Unless he just added it, it is in the OP.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    What's kind of vague is the roles of the demons. How many kills do they get? How often? Do they shop at Dorter Trade City or Igros Castle?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Unless he just added it, it is in the OP.

The OP doesn't say anything about the Stoners being eligible for the Ninja roles, which is kind of important because I had assumed they weren't.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    This is the only transferrable role - it will pass on via a death to someone else of that side.

Since stoners are on either side (also on the OP), I took this as stoners also having the chance to become ninjas. Though, I might have put two and two together after reading Hylian's response on the topic.

Oh and who doesn't shop at Dorter? Stoners, that's who.

edit; whoops, sentence structure > robots

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Doesn't Dorter also have the poaching shop? (I forget the name of it)

If so, where's our thief? We've got two chocobos in our midst we could poach for some items!

Ardor on