As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Put all ME3 discussion in spoiler tags. ALL OF IT.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    -Intentionally gave the undercover reporter, Moirall, the wrong password

Wait, what is this?
    is that the thing in the samara loyalty mission

a guy wants you to approach an undercover reporter in danger and slip her the "get the hell out" password

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    man

I cut through the bar without a second thought

fuck you horny turian

you get the fists

hey, krogan prick, I can flip you over just as easily so you best check yoself

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    how great would it be

if there was a salarian voiced by christopher lloyd

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    how great would it be

if there was a salarian voiced by christopher walken

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    AHHHH, right. I never remembered her name.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    You can only do x number of things in the bar, so I replayed it a few times to do what I thought was the most important shit

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    for some reason I am thinking christopher walken would work better as a turian

• Options
    edited February 2012
    for some reason I am thinking christopher walken would work better as a turian

I think he would be best as a hanar

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I knew about the other stuff

but I really just wanted to shout at a krogan

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh since we're talking about what carries over I have stupid question

if I have a save where I did a loyalty mission after the suicide one will that loyalty still register

• Options
    volus, duh

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I want danny devito to be a volus

• Options
    Seriously wrote: »

if I have a save where I did a loyalty mission after the suicide one will that loyalty still register

it better

if there isn't a part in ME3 where a horribly burned zaeed tracks me down and tries to take revenge I will be SO UPSET

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I want steve blum as an elcor

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I think that you can import any save that is made after the Suicide Mission is done

And that includes a save where you finished the mission, then did some other stuff, then saved

Otherwise nobody who completed their run-through before Shadow Broker and Arrival and so on were released could import a save with those missions marked as complete.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

it better

if there isn't a part in ME3 where a horribly burned zaeed tracks me down and tries to take revenge I will be SO UPSET

I'm looking forward to his revenge. Shepard will just sit in a Reaper and Zaeed will kill the entire Reaper armada to get at her.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

it better

it'll never happen

but if you kill zaeed i want it to change the ending of ME3

Shepard's beaten the reapers, the galaxy is saved, he's severely wounded and isn't sure if he's going to make it or not, but for the moment he can lie back and be content knowing that the war is over.

And then Zaeed walks in covered in burn scars, says "remember me you son of a bitch?" and shoots him in the face.

ROLL CREDITS

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Solar have you seen taky post that because multiplayer is in the game, there is actually more sp content?

The only reason there are n7 side missions in the game is because of the mp portion.

• Options
    alternately, because zaeed is incompetent, he'll show up and try to take his revenge, slurring things through a thick accent and mouth mangled with burn scars while pointing a gun at shepard

and then a clumsy volus stumbles into the room, trips over a roller skate, goes flying into a pile of boxes, the boxes tumble onto a mop and bucket, a box lands under the mop and a box hits the mop sending the bucket flying through the air

where it lands on zaeed's head, zaeed flails around and backs up and falls out an open window into a dumpster

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    conrad verner accidentally shoots (and fatally wounds) zaeed after he makes his dramatic entrance

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I would enjoy that

if only because it would be nice to finally see the nod to my quite frankly fantastic idea of slap-stick interrupts

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    slapstick interrupts offer great renegade options

drop a banana peel in front of joker

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Solar have you seen taky post that because multiplayer is in the game, there is actually more sp content?

The only reason there are n7 side missions in the game is because of the mp portion.

I have not.

That seems, weird? Like, a bioware game with no side missions, that would be a first (and not a good one, probably)

So I dunno who that works

fair enough though, I guess

still irrationally dislike the multiplayer

• Options
    like you know that bit in the simpsons with the waiter who supposedly gets beat up and at the trial he's all "This is an outrage, I am not a clumsy, Clouseau-esque waiter-" and then gets his legs tangled up in a chair and falls out an open window into a truck filled with rat traps?

that's zaeed right there

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    I know this might be a stupid question but can you play the game after the main quest is done?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I want to see a turian production of the Battle of the Citadel that looks like this, starring Turian Councilor as Mr. Satan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqcqED_suF0

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    I know this might be a stupid question but can you play the game after the main quest is done?

yes

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    langly wrote:

Solar wrote: »

I have not.

That seems, weird? Like, a bioware game with no side missions, that would be a first (and not a good one, probably)

they didn't have the time/budget to get level designs done for the n7 missions, which is basically the bulk of the work in making those things work. So the MP team, which is a different team, made all these levels and the SP guys were like oh hey...we could just use these assets.

So they did.

Also I am sure there are side quests in the game, the n7 stuff is really just extra mini-missions. But now they are back in because of the MP section.

Langly on
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    dbrock270 wrote: »

yes

wait which one

you can keep going in 2 but I thought it was said that you can't in 3

• Options
    edited February 2012
    langly wrote:

I have not.

they didn't have the time/budget to get level designs done for the n7 missions, which is basically the bulk of the work in making those things work. So the MP team, which is a different team, made all these levels and the SP guys were like oh hey...we could just use these assets.

So they did.

Also I am sure there are side quests in the game, the n7 stuff is really just extra mini-missions. But now they are back in because of the MP section.

huh i assumed it was the other way around, that the mp team copied assets from the sp

neat

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So is this game finally like Dragon Age where conversations take place with the helmet off

I'd like that

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    So is this game finally like Dragon Age where conversations take place with the helmet off

I'd like that

Yeah, there's an option for that in the menus (alternatives: always on, always off, off in conversations, some other option). Here's a link with a bunch of the armours, looking pretty great and an impressive number not featuring boobplate:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9478281/1

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    ooh, I didn't know my armor carried over

I can keep using my cerberus gear

that'll be kind of awkward on the citadel but whatever

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

I'd like that

There's an option to turn that on/off

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Is there some kind of weird offer on with BioWare points (and I know it's so the DLC mirrors Microsoft's insidious point system, but BLURGH)

Because my two 1200-point purchases only cost me a couple of pence more than the 1600-point block buy would've cost

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    It kind of annoys me that the multiplayer affects the single player

because I don't really like the multiplayer and wouldn't play it even if I had Gold

I mean it probably won't be a bother and I'll get full readiness anyway

but it still annoys me

You might be among the silliest of geese.

I just find it kind of dull

I am not a huge fan of multiplayer to be fair

although I do very much enjoy the Space Marine online play

EXCELLENT! So you don't have to play the multiplayer and can still max out your Galactic Readiness.

And the other dude that just wants to blast through a crit-path playthrough but loves the multiplayer can max out his Galactic Readiness.

It's all about options, man.

And me? My Galactic Readiness will be fit to wipe out two reaper invasions.

'cuz I'm doing it all.

Yeah I know

it still annoys me

being annoyed by optional things is stupid

Have I told you why including the story mode option is RUINING GAMES FOREVER?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Having played around with the multiplayer quite a bit, I like it a lot. It doesn't have the cinematic fluidity of GOW3's horde, but it is loads of fun regardless, and combines RPG elements from the SP which has me sold. So far I really like the soldier and infiltrator, but I am biased after using them in SP a lot. Tried vanguard, but they are weak until you invest time in them. Don't seem as ready to go as soldier of infy.

Not entirely sold on the random item packs, though. I see their merits, and it is a nice change of pace from more straightforward unlocking mechanisms, but sometimes I really want something specific. I need more time with it.

• Options
    biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular
    Wow, I really had trouble with the Collector ship on hardcore as a vanguard. I've pretty much been cruising up to this point, but I really struggled with that.

Also, do NOT like the Krogun. Eviscerator err' day.

Getting worried about finishing this ME2 run before March 6.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    "THIS HURTS YOU."

As Kim stepped down into the street Nick knew he was supposed to scan his surroundings looking for threats rather than eyeballing other members of the group. But he couln't resist watching Mythra Zon leave the buildng. She had a high forehead, wideset eyes, and perfect lips. The asari was shapely as well.

Nick was young and inexperienced. And even he knew how dangerous the point position could be. Because if some group was laying in wait for the biotics, they would try to kill him first. But armed as he was with his talent and two pistols Nick couldn't imagine anything like that happening. What he could imagine was some sort of attack in which he would heroically kill the assailants, save Zon from mortal danger, and earn her undying respect. That would be a good thing, and as Nick led the way, his eyes roamed the area ahead, eager to spot any sign of danger.

"Clear that objection, Nick. We're coming through."

Nick felt both a sense of anticipation and fear as he began to gather the necessary energy. Anticipation because he wanted to use his power, but fear because he'd never been in such a position before. What if he botched it? Right in front of Zon? What felt like cold lead trickled into his belly as he raised his hands and directed a bolt of energy at the point where half a dozen street toughs were standing. The "throw" sent them flying and Nick felt a sense of satisfaction as the rest of the gang ran for saftey. He'd done it! And all by himself too.

The pistols seems to fill his hands of their own accord and he fired a shot from each. One of the slugs shattered a window in a building a block away and there was no way to know where the other went. The gunshots sent people scurrying for cover. "Enough," Kim said, as Nick entered the narrow passageway.

"Pay attention people, we aren't home yet."

Nick was in a faraway place making love to Mythra Zon when the door to his room flew open and banged against the dingy wall. "Hey, two guns," Kim said loudly. "It's time to earn your keep. We're going to a big meeting this morning. Be down front in and ready to go in thirty minutes.

Nick, who was suddenly very unsure of himself, obeyed. Then, once he was within arm's length, she slapped him across the face. Hard. Suddenly Nick found himself standing on tiptoes as the slip blade's needle sharp tip jabbed a point under his jaw. "Feel that?" Kim demanded. "All I have to do is push and the blade will go up through your tongue and the roof of your mouth into that tiny brain. There was no need to fire your weapons. The use of excessive force is stupid. And it has a tendency to piss people off. All because some idiot fired a weapon he didn't need to. And that raises another issue. Using a firearm is one thing. Hitting a target is another. You are going to spend some time on the range. Got it?"

Nick swallowed the lump in his throat. "Got it."

"Good," Kim said, as she used the doorjamb to push the blade back into the weapon's handle. "And one more thing..."

"Yes?"

"Nice throw at the barricade. That was a thing of beauty."

Nick felt a sudden jolt of pleasure as Kim turned and left. It was, all things considered, a good day.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    I've finally got the Matlock. It is super

super... matlock?

supermatlock.jpg

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.