Options

How is your work/school week?

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tox wrote: »
    $90.88, which is a lot more than $20, and I don't even remember what I spent that money on. Probably dining out.

That awkward moment when you realize how fucking poor you have to be to think that $90 "is a lot more than" $20. #fml #firstworldproblems

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    So the guy I'm supposed to work with on Monday and Friday nights has screwed me over the last 3 nights we've worked

That's fun

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So the guy I'm supposed to work with on Monday and Friday nights has screwed me over the last 3 nights we've worked

That's fun

Ugh that blows

Right now I am nervous about actually getting a weekend

Because one of my coworkers called in sick tonight and I'm worried that she might do the same tomorrow/sunday night as well

• Options
    Well it started last Friday night. I was sick as a dog but still came into work. We had a roll change at the start if the shift meaning that we had to go out and tear down one of the mills and build it back. It's a hot greasy dangerous job. Now this same guy has been sick plenty of times and I've picked up the slack for him on roll changes so he basically doesn't have to do a damn thing. But he doesn't help me out in the least. He lays down and slacks behind so I have to do most of the work, all while stopping periodically to puke. And he's laughing about it. So I tell him how much bullshit it is and how he can go fuck himself. He apologizes and I make it through the night.

Then on Monday night we finished another roll change and the rest of the night looked pretty easy. We still had work to do but there was no rush on it, but other people were waiting on us before they could do their work. So this guy begs and pleads the boss to be put in an easier job for the night for "training". He wanted to sit on his ass for 6 hours of a 12 hour shift. It left me with a shitload of work to do for 1 person in a 2 person job. At this point I didn't want to fucking see the guy and didn't say a word to him after the shift was over.

Cut to tonight and he's done the same thing again. Convinced a boss to let him "train" in the saw while there was work for us to do. I finished the bare minimum that needed to be done and don't plan on doing anything else the rest of the night. If they wanted shit to get done they would have left me with a partner instead of making me have to guide 3 ton rolls into a cradle by myself

Fuck it. I almost hope I get hurt tonight so I can sue the ever-loving shit out of this place.

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    PUNCH THE SHIT OUT OF THAT FUCKER

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Nah don't get hurt, bro. Just the next time he pulls that crap (or tonight, or whenever you're in good with your boss, or whatever), ask your boss if they're planning to transfer him out and put someone else on, so that your shift will have the manpower to get more work done. Training is a good thing, especially if he's trying to transfer to a different job or something, but if they leave your area understaffed for too long, there will end up being a backlog of work.

Of course, that's what you tell your boss. I'm with you, that's fucked up.

• Options
    That rant brought to you by the 30 minute bathroom break I just took because fuck it

• Options
    Seriously, I finished the roll that the guys building the next set of mills needed at 11pm

I ain't done dick since

And that won't change until about 5:30am

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Apparently I came off fairly grumpy and a little whiny Thursday on the day of our competition.

One of my crew mates had inadvertently caused some drama to happen due to a comment (and he'd been insulting me anytime I saw him and he was around these ladies at the school we were competing at) that had nothing to do with me, but when our two directors came back and were wondering what was up I was thrown under the bus for causing shit.

My reaction was just; wait, what, why was my name said why are you staring at me pissed, what the fuck. Director pulled me out into the hall and asked if I was getting pissed like this other time (2AM rehearsal, I was exhausted and wanted to be done and got barely pissed off), and I said no, that I was fine, and was just chillin the whole day (which I was. All of that day I spent just kinda lounging about, getting ready for the show, half-sleeping, and feeling a little stressed/anxious). That night I asked a friend who called me out a few times for being a little whiny if I came off that way, and he just said that I seemed kinda grumpy and whiny and asked if something was up, to which I said that I had been up and done the past few weeks (which I have been, but I think I was mainly stressed about the competition and didn't really want people to know so I was repressing it).

Now, however, I'm just kinda worried that I come off that way a lot and I really don't want to.

Basically I just feel kinda worried about how people perceive me and how that affects my relationships with people, and it's really really bugging me.

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    My favorite fast food story about money was when I was working as a front-end manager, counting down a drawer, and one of the drawers came up way over. We used counting machines that weighed the coin and you tell it what type of coin it is and it tells you how much is in it. Turns out it was miscounting the quarters.

Because there was $4 worth of pure silver quarters someone had paid with.

I made $20 bucks off those quarters (which I 'bought' from the drawer). Wish I'd hung on to them, they'd be worth a fuckton more now.

Not really. Silver quarters have a melt value of 5.68

which is about triple what I made off of them originally.

Whoooooooops thought that was 4 quarters not $4 of quarters
    Janson wrote: »
    Also silver quarters, so pretty :3

?

They look exactly like regular quarters

Well unless you polish them I guess?

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    Man tonight has been fairly easy for a Friday

And I feel bad thinking it but I think a big reason is because my coworker isn't here

She tends to get overly stressed and that stresses everyone else out

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Stress/drama in the workplace is the worst

You want to get involved and help work things out but can't because that inevitably makes things worse

It just ends up bringing everyone down

• Options
    Yuup

My coworker was saying it's because she's female and she deals with stress differently

And all I could respond with was "Yup, women are different from men."

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah your coworker has some super dumb ideas.

• Options

?

They're naturally a bit shinier, and they sound different when they clink up against other metal coins.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I am having the worst dreams on this vacation

like, tonight I dreamt that I was part of this jungle expedition when suddenly aliens kidnap all the expedition members' kids and I have to negotiate with them to get them back

and I can't do it and so the kids are gone forever

then there was another dream where I was an old man and I had a heart attack or something and when I woke up in the hospital I was blind and bloody tears were streaming from my eyes, so a nurse had to constantly dab them

yay vacation, rest and recuperation

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Holy shit

You aren't by chance vacationing at a Colorado resort that's been shut down for the winter are you?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    no I'm in France

is that better I don't know

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ehhhhhhhh

nope

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular

?

They're naturally a bit shinier, and they sound different when they clink up against other metal coins.

Oh yes I know

I have quite a few of them, and even more silver dimes

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    I've got one two dollar bill I always have in my wallet for luck. My other one is in a frame from when I got perfect attendance to some church thing when I was like...8.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Oh, I'm sorry!

Think nothing of it.
    Druhim wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with it, but I do find it really interesting how many people wait to get their driver's license or are so freaked out by driving that they don't want to learn. When I was in high school, everyone was eager to learn to drive because it meant freedom.

Freedom is great, but there was a severe concern in my head that somehow I was going to fuck up. Now that I'm nearly off my learners I love driving and I've learned from my mistakes, but having been through that mental block myself I can understand where people are coming from.

• Options
    I've got a 2 dollar bill I keep in my wallet from change I got going across one of the bridges in NYC. My first big trip solo

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Holy shit

You aren't by chance vacationing at a Colorado resort that's been shut down for the winter are you?

As a big fan of the movie, I want you to know I appreciated this reference.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I've been trying to write a message in my wife's birthday card all day and now I've tried putting pen to paper it's come out all wrong and I'm not a fan of what I've written at all and now I just want to tear the back of the card off and give her a piece of card with a pretty picture of penguins on it because that would be better than giving her a card filled with the useless crap I wrote but that's also not what she deserves at all because she's awesome and wonderful and damn it why can't I write something good and nice and simple that just cleanly express heartfelt emotion with out being an asinine or convoluted or Jesus fuck ass shit balls motherfuck.

I am less than enthused by this turn of events.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    fishman you are fucking adorable

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    My job is so fucking stressful, I'm a sales representative (which is a nicer word for salesman) for a testlab and there's so much work to do for me that I can never finish it on time and I get all the customers calling me when I'm running late too. This would not be so bad if it wasn't really difficult stuff I'm selling. I kinda rolled into this by chance and figured I'd learn stuff on the job, but we're testing some extremely complex stuff I can hardly explain to other people.

So like, every time a new customer calls I spend half an hour trying to explain how things work and that's pretty fun. I'm learning a lot about communication and it nets us a lot of new customers. But I also got like a dozen quotations to write, a dozen other customers to call about quotations I made earlier and another dozen customers who I need to talk to because they failed earlier tests or they require specific help with fixing their appliances/machines and then there's my co-workers who need to talk to me about what they're supposed to do because there's always some ambiguities after I have done my job and the customer is in the test lab asking questions they haven't discussed with me before. Not to mention the amount of work I get when a customer does not show up, holy fuck telling a guy that we want money because he is a fuck-up is tough. Especially if the guy is working for a big-ass company making machines for gigantic international corporations.

I have dreams about work and nightmares about forgetting things every day. I had some fucked up dreams where all my customers were replaced by my friends and they were all super disappointed in me not answering them properly.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    I've been trying to write a message in my wife's birthday card all day and now I've tried putting pen to paper it's come out all wrong and I'm not a fan of what I've written at all and now I just want to tear the back of the card off and give her a piece of card with a pretty picture of penguins on it because that would be better than giving her a card filled with the useless crap I wrote but that's also not what she deserves at all because she's awesome and wonderful and damn it why can't I write something good and nice and simple that just cleanly express heartfelt emotion with out being an asinine or convoluted or Jesus fuck ass shit balls motherfuck.

Hand her the front half of the card, say something like "Print is dead." and then just plant a giant kisser on her.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular

Damn brains. The important thing is you're making the effort to communicate something meaningful to her even if your brain's not being cooperative right now.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular

Print up this post and glue it over what you've written

• Options
    Sheri wrote: »

Print up this post and glue it over what you've written

Maybe drop the profanity at the end.

Also, just make sure you don't keep her waiting on the card ;)

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular

If what you wrote was even half as amazing as this post I'm sure she will be happy.

• Options
    But seriously, bro, you're a pretty awesome dude. I wouldn't worry too much.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I am coming down with what my buddy had this week I think.

That's gonna suck. I probably shouldn't have visited him, heh.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    going back to that whole driving thing

I used to be terrified of driving, then I got lessons. Then, the more comfortable I got, the worse I got. I just could not pay attention to what was going on around me, or I blocked it out, or something. Also my natural reaction to things going bad was just to stop. Point is I was a danger and would probably get myself or someone else killed if allowed to be behind the wheel. I do know enough that if I had to drive a car in an emergency, I could. Just not legally.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Give it a try again some day. I'm sure you can train your brain to pay attention if you keep at it.
    Try a different instructor or driving sober next time.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I like how you just assumed he must be drunk whenever he's driving.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular

"I love you."

Done.

Also what Weaver said about the kiss.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    always sober

it's just not worth taking the gamble that I fuck up majorly to try again, since I cheated too many accidents, but didn't avoid all of them.

I pretty much spent six months becoming the reaper's chaueffeur.

Not everyone should drive. I can live with it, and get anywhere I need to go with no problems.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Druhim wrote: »
    I like how you just assumed he must be drunk whenever he's driving.

also this

and also also damn I feel like I repeat myself a lot

7656367.jpg