As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Where are people getting info about the upcoming indie bundles (in the Steam sale)?

• Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    I feel slightly inferior now but new thread so reposting - 2 copies to give away

signature.png

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    I'm back from camping. I found these in the woods.(Thanks to those who sent me double games)

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Mother of God.

What in the fuck

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Is it just me, or is the vote not working? I'm making my choice (Dungeon Defenders, since it's the only one I don't have) and hitting the vote button, the page reloads and...nothing changes.

I was about to post this. It's not just you.

Decoy on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Wait, in darksiders, I'm not sure if I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but I'm at the part where I have to imbue the corssblade with fire to light the bombs, but I can't target multiple objects at all? What's happening?

There's a button you can hold down to "lock on" to multiple targets (up to five) when in aim mode. You do have to be within a certain range for it to work.

On the 360 controller it's the left trigger, dunno what it is on the keyboard.

Figured it out awhile ago, turns out I need to press shift, which I either means I am an inattentive dolt or that the game is kinda bad at telling me about controls, because I can't remember it telling me that nor is there any indication in the key bindings menu.

Oh well.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is the vote not working? I'm making my choice (Dungeon Defenders, since it's the only one I don't have) and hitting the vote button, the page reloads and...nothing changes.

I was about to post this. It's not just you.

Yeah, it doesn't work for me either.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yeah, voting didn't work in the Steam client for me last night, but worked on the site. Now neither works.

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular

Voting's not working for me as well. It'll probably get fixed soon.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I was going to enter that giveaway for Skyrim, but I have the money to buy the game on the Daily Deal and I don't want to take it from someone who can't. So good luck everyone!

Also, someone answer my question regarding Non-Steam games and the Steam Workshop!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Jesus H. Christ Gear Girl.

Can one mere human contain that much class?

I think it is perfectly clear.

He has robbed Valve and stolen all of the games. A modern day gaming Robin Hood.

Possible.

Or..

Gear Girl is The Newell himself!

http://www.dramabutton.com/

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    So I've got a code for Humble Indie Bundle 3 featuring:

Crayon Physics Deluxe

Cogs
    VVVVVV
    Hammerfight

And Yet It Moves

Whoever wants it can send me kitten pictures I guess.
    I'm not very creative with these contests :(

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    I'd say the chances of the voting getting fixed before the next big daily deal changeover crashes Steam completely is pretty slim...

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Slimcea wrote: »

Third, is it worth buying Skyrim separately from the Elder Scrolls Bundle? It's $29.99 for Skyrim at 50% now, but the bundle is $49.99 and includes Morrowind: Game of the Year (with Tribunal and Bloodmoon), and then Oblivion: Game of the Year (with Shivering Isles, and Knights of the Nine)? As in, do we think Morrowind / Oblivion will actually get less than 50% off at some point?

Doubtful that Morrowind will go on sale for cheaper. It didn't during the last big New Year's sale as well IIRC. As for the pack, well, the only one you'll really want to replay is Morrowind, because it's still one of the most atmospheric games ever, and unlike Oblivion, it doesn't have that much of a generic high-fantasy feel. Oblivion though is pretty much obsoleted by Skyrim.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. Here's another question for you. I actually already OWN Morrowind Game of the Year Edition, but the Steam Key does not register to Steam - of course - if I add it as a 'Non-Steam Game' to the Steam Library will I still be able to utilize the 'Steam Workshop' to handle all of my modding needs?

Steam Workshop doesn't work for Morrowind. It's only a select few games.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    I'm of the opinion that everyone should own Terraria and Bastion.

However, Bastion is the better game so it gets my vote.

Also, after very careful consideration, pondering, sleep, then more pondering and analysis, and a pleasant walk to a very unpleasant place (Wal-Mart), I have reached a decision. An accord with my wallet, if you will.

I am going to risk the wrath of Newell and not get Arkham City this time around, and just get AA and Two Worlds II.

This is such a bad idea. You'll never see it for that price again in a long time.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    minirhyder wrote: »
    So I've got a code for Humble Indie Bundle 3 featuring:

Crayon Physics Deluxe

Cogs
    VVVVVV
    Hammerfight

And Yet It Moves

Whoever wants it can send me kitten pictures I guess.
    I'm not very creative with these contests :(

smug-dog.png

(I already have it, this was just an excuse to post a dog.)

• Options
    galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Can I get an invite to the steam group? Want to pay it forward a bit. Name is the same as it is here.

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Man, I'll normally KBAM almost anything, but the controls for AssBro are baaaaad. It's like they're designed to turn me into some kind of claw-handed freak. They're totally random and all over the place.

I plugged in that Xbox controller quick-like.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    That classy monster, @Big Isy continues his gifting rampage. I was dithering over buying Arkham City, and with just over an hour to go, he gifts it to me!

Many crims shall be beaten in your honour Isy, and I will be humming the Batman theme for the rest of the day.

• Options

Third, is it worth buying Skyrim separately from the Elder Scrolls Bundle? It's $29.99 for Skyrim at 50% now, but the bundle is $49.99 and includes Morrowind: Game of the Year (with Tribunal and Bloodmoon), and then Oblivion: Game of the Year (with Shivering Isles, and Knights of the Nine)? As in, do we think Morrowind / Oblivion will actually get less than 50% off at some point?

Doubtful that Morrowind will go on sale for cheaper. It didn't during the last big New Year's sale as well IIRC. As for the pack, well, the only one you'll really want to replay is Morrowind, because it's still one of the most atmospheric games ever, and unlike Oblivion, it doesn't have that much of a generic high-fantasy feel. Oblivion though is pretty much obsoleted by Skyrim.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. Here's another question for you. I actually already OWN Morrowind Game of the Year Edition, but the Steam Key does not register to Steam - of course - if I add it as a 'Non-Steam Game' to the Steam Library will I still be able to utilize the 'Steam Workshop' to handle all of my modding needs?

This kills me a little on the inside. Is it possible to mod the game data via the SteamApp Data folders without major problems? I mean, there are so many texture upgrades and such to that game.

• Options
    Man, I'll normally KBAM almost anything, but the controls for AssBro are baaaaad. It's like they're designed to turn me into some kind of claw-handed freak. They're totally random and all over the place.

A refurbished 360 wired controller for $19.99 from Microcenter is probably one of the best things I've bought for my new love of PC gaming.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

Also, after very careful consideration, pondering, sleep, then more pondering and analysis, and a pleasant walk to a very unpleasant place (Wal-Mart), I have reached a decision. An accord with my wallet, if you will.

I am going to risk the wrath of Newell and not get Arkham City this time around, and just get AA and Two Worlds II.

This is such a bad idea. You'll never see it for that price again in a long time.

It'll be that cheap again in the Thanksgiving/Christmas sale, if not cheaper.

I already own it on the 360 so it's not a big loss.

ALSO: I have a Bastion key from the last HIB if anyone wants it.

• Options

A refurbished 360 wired controller for $19.99 from Microcenter is probably one of the best things I've bought for my new love of PC gaming.

Those really are a great deal. I picked up one of them for my wife's computer recently. I use a Razer Onza, which is the best Xbox controller ever, for my money. It's wired only, so I don't use it for my Xbox in the living room, but it's great at my desk for the computer.

• Options

It'll be that cheap again in the Thanksgiving/Christmas sale, if not cheaper.

I already own it on the 360 so it's not a big loss.

ALSO: I have a Bastion key from the last HIB if anyone wants it.

Fair enough! I had to stop myself from buying LA Noire and Arkham City again because they are both on my 360 as well.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I'm a PC gamer at heart (seeing as my 360 is basically just a Netflix/HBOGo/Hulu station now), but getting a wired 360 controller is definitely a smart move. Lots of games just work better with it, especially arcade style games like Renegade Ops or console ports.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Welp it finally happened.

My ISP just throttled my connection down to 100kb/s

Fuck
    My
    Life

• Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    We meet again Grimrock. Can I resist your grasp yet another time?

• Options

Oh, hey, you got Renegade Ops when it was on the Flash Deal yesterday - right?

• Options
    YogoYogo Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    So I came back from a nice walk. It's the perfect sunny summer day out there, specially after the previous two crappy rainy days.
    And still, you know, there's the sale...

1W8dV.png

Just replace the last sentence with "Steam sale time!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNF-KIFWyA4

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular

This kills me a little on the inside. Is it possible to mod the game data via the SteamApp Data folders without major problems? I mean, there are so many texture upgrades and such to that game.
    Not sure if your asking if there's any problem moding the steam version of the game or not. If that is what your asking it's not a problem at all. Mods up just fine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Please let Gods and Kings go to 50% off

• Options
    iRevert wrote: »

Fuck
    My
    Life

During a Steam sale?

That's just barbaric.

• Options

Oh, hey, you got Renegade Ops when it was on the Flash Deal yesterday - right?

Nah, have had it for a while now, but yeah, I own it.

• Options
    I have no idea if I'd like Frozen Synapse but the price is tempting

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    I'm back from camping. I found these in the woods.(Thanks to those who sent me double games)
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Having that many games to give away can not possibly be healthy. Here, let me help you get rid of some of them.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    minor, didn't you spend all last sale getting your credit cards systematically shut down? :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Modding Steam games works generally indentical to non-steamers, they just have a slightly different file path. If that's what you're asking. Are you asking if it's easy to mod a Steam version of Morrowind?

Corpekata on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    I have to share in the controller love fest for a moment, since while I like KB&M, the 360 controller is just ergonomically perfect for my hands and makes it much more comfortable to play games for longer.

At this point the only time I don't use a controller is when the game won't support it or when I'm playing an online shooter-type game.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

Fuck
    My
    Life

During a Steam sale?

That's just barbaric.

I live four blocks from my ISP if I take the long way.

$80 a month for 3meg connection with frequent service drops and now your throttling me?

I'm going to go burn that motherfucker down.

• Options
    FynathFynath Registered User regular
    Thank you @Bursar for the gift of Frozen Synapse! What a classy sort of guy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I guess they know about voting looking like it doesn't work.
    Your votes are being tallied correctly but it's just not updating the storefront to display the info back to you. This should hopefully catch up and display properly soon but we also have devs looking into the issue to see what's causing the longer than expected delay.

This discussion has been closed.