As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Buttoneering 2012: Events Schedule Updated!

• Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    jonxp wrote: »
    Sat 9:15am - Official Picture Meetup at Juicy/the Rock Band stage. Before you line up for the expo hall, come by and we'll try to get a group picture at a time that doesn't conflict with most Enforcer schedules. This is new and we'll see how it goes!

FYI, morning enforcer shifts start at 9am generally. Meaning roughly 1/3 would not be able to make this. But then, maybe butoneering #e are mostly mid or late shift. *shrug*

Darnit, I thought they started at 9:30 for some reason (I always work mid and wang. :D). Would people be averse to 8:45am or is that too early?

Also added time and place for presentation of the buttons to the schedule. If you'd like to be there, please show up. It's not a big deal, as we've been doing this for a while now, but the guys are always appreciative.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    alegria wrote: »
    The ONLY person who is allowed to hand their button directly to me is BigRed, because his button is too big to fit in the bucket.

Story of my life :(

:P

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Knight_ wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    xe0tm.jpg

Buttons ordered. Hope they arrive to the hotel on time. And like last year I spent twice as much because of my laziness. edit- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnd I sent it to the wrong address. put in the hotel, but I think paypal changed it to my home address... hopefully I can clear this up in the morning.

You must clear this up, because I need that button.

Agreed!
    Ok, called them up. They said they got my email and that we're good to go. It wasn't very official and was a bit too friendly which made me nervous. But in hindsight that should also make me feel more confident that it's getting done.

I had a question/change with stuff on my order with them (I'm assuming PureButtons?) back when I did mine, the conversation was pretty informal and friendly, and everything there got sorted just fine and quickly, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Think it's just their style. =)

Little Miss Rachel on
  • Options
    New version of the Android Buttoneering app is being published that has the base functionality necessary to be useful at PAX. It gives you an offline list of buttons that you can mark as collected. It doesn't yet sync to your account, but that's what I'm going to work on all weekend. If I get that done and still have time, I'll enable Beam on supported devices so you can tap phones with someone to mark their buttons as collected.

• Options
    MembinoMembino Registered User regular
    yay a schedule. ill drop a jupiter button off at the desk friday. otherwise ill be dressed as corporate mundo on friday and probably something piraty on saterday. just ask to trade and ones yours! ill have mine clearly visible on a lanyard until they start running out and at that point ill just start giving them away.

• Options
    Goblin ScrewdriverGoblin Screwdriver Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well my buttons shipped and are expected to arrive on the 29th! So it looks like I'll be able to participate this year. Can't wait!

PAX Prime attendee since 2006

Pointless signature checklist [x]
  • Options
    I changed the Saturday Morning meetup to 8:45. I'll completely understand if no one shows up, I'm just trying to see how it goes.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I changed the Saturday Morning meetup to 8:45. I'll completely understand if no one shows up, I'm just trying to see how it goes.

I will try with all my might, but I doubt I'll be out of the center until stupid o'clock. We shall see.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Though I have not actually seen the buttoons, I called today to confirm my hotel and confirmed that they are sitting there waiting for me. Just one more thing to get excited about! I want Thursday to get here so I can tear into my box and see them!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    My buttons arrived in Seattle on Friday. Hooray for 2 day shipping :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Fri,Sat - Come by the desk outside of BYOC, and drop off one of your buttons for the yearly collection presented to Mike and Jerry. Additionally, pick up the official button seen above. Find me (JonXP) or leave it with another Enforcer, I'll brief the folks at the desk on what's going on.

I have the same button collection bin as I brought last year, I was planning on bringing it again this year unless you prefer not to. I also bought the bulletin board for the buttons this weekend and it's ready to go as well. Depending on your schedule, I could bring the board to BYOC and we can work on pinning it together late Saturday night.

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    primalwulfprimalwulf Registered User regular
    Pins were ordered, a friend helped edit the image to reflect my design idea. . .and I'm curious what this will be like. At the same time, I'll only have 99 buttons. . .so I'm looking to swap with the more 'interesting' button designs this coming weekend :) The button design matches my 'name' on here, so cheers!

• Options
    Fri,Sat - Come by the desk outside of BYOC, and drop off one of your buttons for the yearly collection presented to Mike and Jerry. Additionally, pick up the official button seen above. Find me (JonXP) or leave it with another Enforcer, I'll brief the folks at the desk on what's going on.

I have the same button collection bin as I brought last year, I was planning on bringing it again this year unless you prefer not to. I also bought the bulletin board for the buttons this weekend and it's ready to go as well. Depending on your schedule, I could bring the board to BYOC and we can work on pinning it together late Saturday night.

Definitely bring by the bin. Saturday is pretty slow, so feel free to bring the board and we can get stuff pinned to it.

• Options

Definitely bring by the bin. Saturday is pretty slow, so feel free to bring the board and we can get stuff pinned to it.

OK, will do. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    Sometime in the next hour or so there's going to be an update to the Android Buttoneering app showing up. It will be a manual update since I had to put in a lot of new permissions related to account creation, synchronization, and NFC. However, now the Android app syncs your collections back to the server. Next feature up is using Android Beam so that ICS+ users can just tap phones to collect buttons.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

F5 Still in Ohio
    F5 Still in Ohio
    F5 Still in Ohio...

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Android Beam support has been added. If you are logged in to the Android Buttoneering app, and use Beam with someone else, your buttons will pop up in a dialog box on their screen. They can then just tap to collect them. This only works on devices with Ice Cream Sandwich or greater, and obviously requires an NFC chip.

This is Android Beam if you didn't know.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

F5 Still in Ohio
    F5 Still in Ohio
    F5 Still in Ohio...
    "Aug 28, 2012 7:11 AM
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    SEATTLE, WA"

oooOOOooooh

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    jonxp -- too late for this year, but next year, let me know if you want some help making an iOS version of the app.

Loving this year's Android app, btw.

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    indigo_kindigo_k Registered User new member
    RichSoCash wrote: »
    Well I didn't get around to ordering buttons, so I made 50 creeper pins and some triforce ones out of beadsprites. Hopefully you guys out there will be willing to trade although they aren't the usual round buttons like everyone else's.
    paxbuttons.jpg

I'm also bringing a bunch of other beadsprite magnets I'm gonna leave around at random places for people to find.

I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye out for those Creeper pins! Those are fantastic!

• Options
    Goblin ScrewdriverGoblin Screwdriver Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Today was a good day. Buttons arrived a day early, Mass Effect DLC comes out and Robert Khoo had lunch at the Jimmy Johns I work for.

Here's how my buttons turned out.
    IMG_0124.jpg?t=1346192389

PAX Prime attendee since 2006

Pointless signature checklist [x]
  • Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    It's unfortunate, but my own pins have been way cut back. I just didn't have time to make them. I put tons of time into the custom Cookie Brigade pins. I made tan ones for Brigadeers to give out, silver ones (with glow in the dark numbers) for the Cookie Brigade panel, and gold ones (with glow in the dark numbers) for members of the Cookie Brigade. So if any of you are looking out for neat buttons, see if you can track down a Brigadeer. :)
    7884173864_a44de3df14_z.jpg
    tan2012_pin by karmacappa, on Flickr
    7884174554_ece3b86936_z.jpg
    Silver2012_pin by karmacappa, on Flickr
    7884175076_fe6f0c64a4_z.jpg
    gold2012_pin by karmacappa, on Flickr

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    If you guys were checking my links, yeah I got my buttons when I checked into my room today. <3
    ITjBM.jpg

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    indigo_kindigo_k Registered User new member
    Just added a Bonus Button to the list:

shall-we-play-a-game_preview.png?1346253666

To get one, you just have to give me the password!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Alright guys, barring any major issues, development for the year is done on the site and Android app. Most of you have your buttons plus a way to display them, and we have a schedule of events. All that's left is to have fun collecting!

Remember the universal greeting of the Buttoneer ("Buttons?!") as well as the proper response ("Buttons!"). Don't be afraid to camp out in busy areas during your down time with your buttons on display, sure fire way to get more buttons.

See you guys on Friday!

EDIT: Oh, and we're at 240+ buttons this year. :D

jonxp on
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I am getting in my car at about 6 tomorrow morning, and should see my buttons for the first time around 11. Totally excited! Can't wait to get the trading started! See you all soon!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    xe0tm.jpg

I need your button. I'll be the guy in the top hat with buttons all over it (At least once I begin trading anyhow.) I'll have my designs and the big Brony button I bought last year on it anyway.

Let there be games!
  • Options
    Panda PartyPanda Party I got jimmies. Olympia, WARegistered User regular
    I thought that I would count my buttons just now, for fun, and somehow I have 110 when I SWORE that I ordered 100. Maybe they messed up or something. Oh well, more buttons for me! Looking forward to trading with everyone!

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    The order is the minimum. They have to do runs larger because many will be defective and tossed. They have no use for the extras they inevitably have so you get a few or a lot based on how lucky you are!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    primalwulfprimalwulf Registered User regular
    ]http://buttoneering.org/buttons/567
    Button done and ready to trade on Friday! Whee!

Howl for your button! :-D

• Options
    IrishAssassinO1IrishAssassinO1 Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    Buttons?!

• Options
    Button dropoff bin is now at the main Enforcer desk at the front of BYOC. If you are not part of BYOC, simply ask one of the Enforcers at the desk to drop it in the bin for you. :) Look for the shiny multi-colored Enforcer LED sign!

Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Button dropoff bin is now at the main Enforcer desk at the front of BYOC. If you are not part of BYOC, simply ask one of the Enforcers at the desk to drop it in the bin for you. :) Look for the shiny multi-colored Enforcer LED sign!

Draklan and mine both dropped off, and Big Red's traded for ... catch you guys all tomorrow morning for some massive button trading

• Options
    MembinoMembino Registered User regular
    didnt get nearly as much trading done today :( ill try harder to find people saterday. for the most part it was pretty clear who was handing them out but didnt see any of the buttons that caught my eye on the buttoneering site.

• Options
    bfigginsbfiggins Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    RichSoCash wrote: »
    Well I didn't get around to ordering buttons, so I made 50 creeper pins and some triforce ones out of beadsprites. Hopefully you guys out there will be willing to trade although they aren't the usual round buttons like everyone else's.
    paxbuttons.jpg

I'm also bringing a bunch of other beadsprite magnets I'm gonna leave around at random places for people to find.

RichSoCash, if you'll save one Creeper and Triforce for me and my wife, I'll save our two pins for you, too. Like yours, they're hand-made in limited quantities (I think I made 40 of each), two-inch square wood. I'll be at the buttoneering meetup Sunday.

http://imgur.com/Zaoo4

bfiggins on
  • Options
    Guys, I totally overreached for the Saturday meet up. It's way too early, and I'm pretty sure most people won't want to show up. Consider it canceled, but you can still show up if you like. Sorry about that.

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    There are a few people here totally willing and ready to trade!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    there were about 20 of us jon you shoulda totally been there.

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    There are a few people here totally willing and ready to trade!

Great turn out this morning huge thanks to everyone for showing up and trading pins. Catch everyone else around the floor or at Sunday's meet up.

This discussion has been closed.