As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Buttoneering 2012: Events Schedule Updated!

• Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm in! I owe MarsChelios big time for making the design in my head a reality. Let me see about posting an image of them.

"Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    My buttons are on the truck for delivery right now!

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Tar3820 wrote: »
    On a "advertising note," I generally keep a row of my buttons on my lanyard to advertise that I'm a Buttoneer. In the past I've lost too many a button from my messenger bag to risk putting the ones I collect there. My bag gets brushed against a lot and buttons tend to snag :/

This is my concern as well. I haven't been an active buttoneer before, but I've still always kept collected buttons stashed away in my bag because I've seen enough people upset over having had a button fall off their bag/lanyard/what have you.

I ordered buttons yesterday morning. I got 100 of my personal and just 50 MMT buttons. They're going rush shipping straight to Seattle.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Whee, just got the email from PureButtons that my buttons have been released into the wild! Unfortunately I won't get to see them for another week and change since they're going straight to Seattle, but I'm sure they'll be great :D

I can't remember if I already posted them other than at buttoneering.org, so here's a repeat:

This one is trade fodder, button for button!
    nullzonebuttonpreview.png

And this one I will only relinquish to those brave souls who confess their favorite comic book character to me!
    nullzonebonus15FINAL.png

See you there, buttoneers!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Wolfman Worfman Theatre will have buttons to trade. I'll be suck at my theatre all weekend, what since I'm managing it. Come find me, I'll be the [E] in the kilt, with a clipboard, looking worried that something's going catch on fire.
    mHmxu.jpg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    Buttons on their way. Keeping it simple for our first time:
    Gd8QA.png

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Buttons have arrived!
    Main button
    KL4Lb.jpg?1

Bonus button
    OES6K.jpg?1

Aaaand leftover button from East, I think I have about 30 of these left, so I assume I'll run out on friday afternoon at the rate I went through them at East :)
    HmKkG.jpg?1

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Buttons!
    You and I MUST trade Bonuses. I will be having Daring Do!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Come find me, I'll be the [E] in the kilt...

Um... could you be more specific ?

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    Finished and ordered the Cowboy 'Verse and boys Sparkly Ponies buttons!
    1.5_INCH_ROUND.png
    1.5_INCH_ROUND_BOY.png

• Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Just want to let you guys know I still have a ton of these from two years ago as I was really casual about handing them out. If you want one, just find me and talk to me and ask nicely.
    sumihasabutton.jpg

And if you're concerned about PAX being huge and the difficulty of finding one person, you can definitely find me at the time and place disclosed in my signature.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    My badges are on their way!!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Goblin ScrewdriverGoblin Screwdriver Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Awww shoot. I was considering trying this out this year but I didn't realize how close PAX actually was. Seeing the banners downtown yesterday reminded me.

Perhaps next year...

PAX Prime attendee since 2006

Pointless signature checklist [x]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Come find me, I'll be the [E] in the kilt...

Um... could you be more specific ?

...who is also managing Wolfman Theatre. :P
    Seriously, look for the clipboard. :)

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Seriously, look for the clipboard. :)
    I should bring my own clipboard just to confuse folks. :P
    No, not really. Although I could.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    This year I have a new purple Camelbak with side pockets, which I'll be covering in buttons. I used a handmade sling bag the past two years, but I want something with better water capacity as well as weight distribution, so there you go. My buttons will be on my KnittedSteel lanyard, as well as in my pocket. I also have a leather belt pouch from my ren faire days which does well as a button distribution device.

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    After seeing this post I might make a bobak bonus button.

• Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I will also have about 30 or so of these buttons.

Because I won't have very many, I might be posing some Standard Action trivia for the last few.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    Mike will be all Buttoneering and such this year. You can have a button for your favorite Paiko piece. I suppose you don't *really* have to play, but trust me, it's worth it. We'll be on the train both ways, hitting the Sheraton gaming area when we arrive and probably other evenings, and haunting Freeplay looking for people who have strong opinions on strategy.
    395406_233141980096307_1184812359_n.jpg

The shiny things. We have them, and we like to share. :D

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I will likely have a backpack/shoulder bag thing that i've crocheted up full of buttons. Hopefully. if I can get the crocheting done fast enough.

it will likely be in really bright colors. like purple and orange and green. or something.

ecco may or may not be wearing his tophat.

• Options
    indigo_kindigo_k Registered User new member
    JUST signed up, with four different buttons! Looking forward to doing some trading!

• Options
    indigo_k wrote: »
    JUST signed up, with four different buttons! Looking forward to doing some trading!
    Neat, did you order your buttons recently? I'm trying to decide if I should try and get an order in and have them shipped to Seattle in time.

• Options
    CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    i ordered mine a few days ago after contacting Purebuttons to see if they would make it to me, or seattle on time. The representative told me that with 4 day rush there would be plenty of time for my buttons to reach me at my home address, so i put in the order that morning, haha.

crogoth-all_class-15inch-printready.jpg?1345106165

i'd like to thank @Yamara for the help on it :)

Crogoth on
  • Options
    riryriry Registered User regular
    I've just placed an order - with 4 day rush- to be shipped to Seattle. (I have faith in Fed-Ex that it will hopefully get there in time, as rushing the buttons is way cheaper than rushing the shipping- ground alone would have been more expensive then the buttons themselves.)

(Sadly, most of the time spent on this was trying to get the text to curve in the other direction. IT WOULDN'T WORK. Text to path, why do you not love me.)

button_with_text.png

I didn't have time for an actual signature, so here's a picture of a cat with a tinfoil hat.
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Pure Buttons: Order update
    Your order has been
    Shipped.

Goodie.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    indigo_kindigo_k Registered User new member
    Neat, did you order your buttons recently? I'm trying to decide if I should try and get an order in and have them shipped to Seattle in time.

Ah, I've got the advantage - I have my own 1" button press, so I'll be making my buttons next week. I'm sure there's someone in Seattle who could make your buttons for you. Also, there's a ton of folks on Etsy who make custom buttons for cheap, ask around about delivery times. You shouldn't have any trouble getting them in a couple weeks.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Hey, my buttons came in today! Since I haven't linked my design in here yet, here it is:
    ChiriButton_2012.png
    I played it a little conservative by only obtaining 100, but I do also have buttons from 2011 if anyone wants them.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Yamara wrote: »
    Mike will be all Buttoneering and such this year. You can have a button for your favorite Paiko piece. I suppose you don't *really* have to play, but trust me, it's worth it. We'll be on the train both ways, hitting the Sheraton gaming area when we arrive and probably other evenings, and haunting Freeplay looking for people who have strong opinions on strategy.

@Yamara

i am intrigued by your buttons.

what is this magical thing? is it magic?

• Options
    indigo_k wrote: »

Ah, I've got the advantage - I have my own 1" button press, so I'll be making my buttons next week. I'm sure there's someone in Seattle who could make your buttons for you. Also, there's a ton of folks on Etsy who make custom buttons for cheap, ask around about delivery times. You shouldn't have any trouble getting them in a couple weeks.
    Nice! I looked around and it looks like even with the rushed order it's still cheaper to get them from PureButtons. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if it can make it in time. Otherwise I'll make cookies or t-shirts or something.

• Options

@Yamara

It looks like http://www.paikogame.com/

• Options
    Well, decided to roll the dice and placed an order from Purebuttons. Here's hoping it gets here in time!

While waiting should I go ahead and register on Buttoneering or given the circumstances wait until I have the buttons in hand?

Hopefully this all works out and I can participate this year. Here's the design I submitted.
    ButtonPreview.png

• Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    Well, decided to roll the dice and placed an order from Purebuttons. Here's hoping it gets here in time!

While waiting should I go ahead and register on Buttoneering or given the circumstances wait until I have the buttons in hand?

Hopefully this all works out and I can participate this year. Here's the design I submitted.
    ButtonPreview.png

I love the clock in Majoras Mask! This is a great button design, will be on the look out for you! :)

• Options
    williefayjwilliefayj Registered User regular
    So I don't know how to photoshop or any of that other stuff... I went to wacky butons. That's where I got mine last year and this year. they have a java run applicaton that you can make your own button. You can use your own images or ones that they have. You can use words and all of that too. That's why I used wacky buttons instead of pure buttons because of that. So for those that said they wanted to join and didn't know how to make a button, Go to wacky buttons. Also, they are pretty fast in getting stuff done. I ordered mine last sat and they came in on thurs. Not a bad turnaround.

www.wackybuttons.com

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I can'r remember if I said - I changed my mind about my badge design, but I don't think I posted it. LewieP helped me cos I'd forgotten how to make them round for Purebuttons, but they're these:

mine:
    [img][/img]reddalekincorridoralter.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LewieP's Daddy's: [img][/img]kevrunningman.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You just have to imagine them rounded not square. I'm still bringing the TARDIS key rings/ zip pulls and my avatar ones as well, and I'm also stocking up on some Olympic-related stuff, too. You'll have to ask me about the extra stuff.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    YamaraYamara Registered User regular

@Yamara

Yep, that's it. It's a 2 player strategy board game. The rules are pretty solid, but we're still hand-making each board. There's print-and-play stuff on the website, in black and white. It's been fun to make pretty things for, as people get excited from both sides: people who've played like the shiny things, and people that like shiny things want to play. :D We'll bring our color versions to play on at PAX, and Mike is hoping to show some more people how to play. You can PM me if you want to know when we'll be where to play, or just hit us up at the Sheraton gaming night.

The buttons are the art from the tiles, as well as two representing the homegrounds. Last year, people had a tendency to pick their favorite playing tile, so it was always a surprise to see what people decided on.

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

ButtonPreview.png

I love the clock in Majoras Mask! This is a great button design, will be on the look out for you! :)
    Thanks! I have a ton of designs that I've been saving for t-shirts and I thought this one the most fitting given that both PAX and Majora's Mask are both 72 hours (well, not exactly). I only ordered 50 so if you really like it I'll try and save you one : )
    williefayj wrote: »
    So I don't know how to photoshop or any of that other stuff... I went to wacky butons. That's where I got mine last year and this year. they have a java run applicaton that you can make your own button. You can use your own images or ones that they have. You can use words and all of that too. That's why I used wacky buttons instead of pure buttons because of that. So for those that said they wanted to join and didn't know how to make a button, Go to wacky buttons. Also, they are pretty fast in getting stuff done. I ordered mine last sat and they came in on thurs. Not a bad turnaround.

www.wackybuttons.com
    Awwwwww So this place offers a turnaround time of one day (compared to PureButtons 7-10) and it works out to be the same price? Boy did I screw myself.

Goblin Screwdriver on

• Options

@Yamara

Yep, that's it. It's a 2 player strategy board game. The rules are pretty solid, but we're still hand-making each board. There's print-and-play stuff on the website, in black and white. It's been fun to make pretty things for, as people get excited from both sides: people who've played like the shiny things, and people that like shiny things want to play. :D We'll bring our color versions to play on at PAX, and Mike is hoping to show some more people how to play. You can PM me if you want to know when we'll be where to play, or just hit us up at the Sheraton gaming night.

The buttons are the art from the tiles, as well as two representing the homegrounds. Last year, people had a tendency to pick their favorite playing tile, so it was always a surprise to see what people decided on.

So awesome.

I pretty much am thinking I'll be hanging around tabletop freeplay a lot. so I might have to assault you there.

gonna go look at the rules now! Cheers!

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Cool, I will have to check this Paiko out. I'm a tabletop kinda person as well during PAX.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    primalwulfprimalwulf Registered User regular
    Hmm, first time at PAX and only found out about it a week ago. Picked up my 3D pass and preppin' to ridiculously geek out o'er Labor Day Weekend. I'll upload my button image soon! :)

• Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    That should be a bonus button, whereby the buttoneer must address you as "Saucer Commander" to receive it. ;)
    mine:
    [img][/img]reddalekincorridoralter.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This discussion has been closed.