Options

[chat] ass

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    is this an example of when old people aren't aware the things they liked were really corny

robocop_movie_image.jpg

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    how do I regex "t to [a|b|c] [d|e|f]" requiring that one of each set be there?

in other words, "t to a d" and "t to b e" both work, but "t to a" and "t to e" do not?

Basically, exactly the way you have it.
    /t to [abc] [def]/

if the spaces can be any whitespace:
    /t\wto\w[abc]\w[def]/

I'm doing that now, though (apart from adding the slashes and removing the pipes), and it's not working. It just includes anything with "t to".

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Once a programmer had a problem so he decided to use regular expressions. Then he had two problems.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Delmain wrote: »
    how do I regex "t to [a|b|c] [d|e|f]" requiring that one of each set be there?

in other words, "t to a d" and "t to b e" both work, but "t to a" and "t to e" do not?

Basically, exactly the way you have it.
    /t to [abc] [def]/

if the spaces can be any whitespace:
    /t\wto\w[abc]\w[def]/

I'm doing that now, though (apart from adding the slashes and removing the pipes), and it's not working. It just includes anything with "t to".

There're no pipes. You need the square brackets to tell it that a or b or c are good for the first block and d or e or f are good for the second.

Edit: If you want to PM me the real regex, I'll look at it.

Delmain on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »
    I used to watch the cartoon, too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp4Sqn0eX_Q

yesssssssss me too

I want to see a full episode of it because now I'm deeply curious how they handled telling cartoon stories about a dude whose superpower was "has a gun"

the Canadian live action TV show's solution to this problem was to have him, like, shoot the guns out of people's hands or have chandeliers come crashing down on bad guys

that was an unsatisfactory solution

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Austin PA meetup trip report:

Cool people met and commiserated with: 6.5 (Sawyer will have to grow more to earn the rest of that fraction)

Number of bodies buried in the woods: 0

An overwhelming success!

Seriously though I feel everyone had a great time.

skippydumptruck and his family are nice, spool and his wife are nice, castle and his roommate are nice, my family is nice, I'm barely passable in social situations myself, etc.

Can speak authoritatively about the niceness of other PA members at this point. It was impressive stuff.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Austin PA meetup trip report:

Cool people met and commiserated with: 6.5 (Sawyer will have to grow more to earn the rest of that fraction)

Number of bodies buried in the woods: 0

An overwhelming success!

Seriously though I feel everyone had a great time.

skippydumptruck and his family are nice, spool and his wife are nice, castle and his roommate are nice, my family is nice, I'm barely passable in social situations myself, etc.

Can speak authoritatively about the niceness of other PA members at this point. It was impressive stuff.

I'd say we should have a Florida meetup, but I'm almost certain I've already lived with on the forums from there.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    is this an example of when old people aren't aware the things they liked were really corny

robocop_movie_image.jpg

So that look can't be updated and the solution is to just copy Batman?

Wut?

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    i really like Whomp but it's sort of a weird read for me because I find the vast majority of social anxieties completely baffling

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I like this picture of a fish I took.

He's just so disappointed and worried about you.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    penis penis no but seriously folks did spool have horns pls inform monkey

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    yeah i think robocop is a pretty great example of robot/suit design compared to 80s sci fi stuff, but it still looks pretty goofy these days

i would have preferred a different colour scheme for the modern one though

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2012
    Anyone have an automatic litter box, and if so do you like it? Getting sick of scooping for 4 cats. . .

spacekungfuman on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    in fact i have skyrim, bastion, and a few other of my favorite PC games installed in my windows partition, and i have a bunch of indie games on my os x partition.

but right now i'm sitting in front of my macbook air and playing fifa 12 on my phone between posts.

Tabletop gaming > video gaming

Let's get three more players and do Black Seven online.

yesssss desc did you hear about Black Seven from me or find out about it independently

I've been super-curious about it for a while now.

Also, any article that contains the phrase "I was re-playing Deus Ex for the seventh time, when all of a sudden" immediately commands my attention.

@jacobkosh saw a thread on story-games

You want in?

what do you have in mind? give me the deets

@jacobkosh I am not sure on the actual job yet. Five minutes in the future. No cyborgs or psionics or metal gear solid, I don't think. Sleek infiltrations and German sports sedans.

I will Come up with something general tonight.

>.>

<.<

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    The original Robocop was supposed to be as much of a focus-grouped product as a law enforcement tool, so it's okay that he looks a bit like a cheesy action figure.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    oh wow, I had not seen this before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsjXT4EIxb8

robocop was a very tightly scripted movie so there are not a ton of deleted scenes. this is pretty cool. more miguel ferrer and more friendly black executive!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    The thing about Robocop is that all that chrome looked amazing on the move, especially when added to the wha-chunk of him walking.

• Options
    edited September 2012

robocop_movie_image.jpg

Wut?

Personally, I'd have gone for something a bit glossier and sleeker, like the lethal cyborg equivalent of an iPhone. You should look at Robocop and think how swell it'd be to have one protecting your kids on their way to school, even if he has enough firepower to reduce Red Foreman to a red mist.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    The original Robocop was supposed to be as much of a focus-grouped product as a law enforcement tool, so it's okay that he looks a bit like a cheesy action figure.

Yep. He's look just screams "Tie in action figure/TV show" which fits the movie perfectly.

• Options
    I think new Robocop looks more like a shitty Metal Gear Solid boss than anything else. Raiden with a hat on.

• Options
    Yeah, that shiny white Apple design would have been a pretty valid modern interpretation. "myCop" or whatever.

• Options
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    290819-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-pc-ps3-xbox-360.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

Exactly.

Channel your inner 12 year old and realize how awesome that costume design is.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    robocop_movie_image.jpg

Wut?

Personally, I'd have gone for something a bit glossier and sleeker, like the lethal cyborg equivalent of an iPhone. You should look at Robocop and think how swell it'd be to have one protecting your kids on their way to school, even if he has enough firepower to reduce Red Foreman to a red mist.

Agreed. I would have incorporated some sections, particularly around the shoulder joints and elsewhere where the costume was just green spandex, so that in post production you could turn them into robotic looking joints without having the bulk of an actual robot joint costume layer as in the 80's costume.

I think the bulk of the costume is very 80's, and that can be circumvented easily with modern CGI.

Hell, in the green lantern film the entire fucking costume was CGI and it looked great.

But just going with the Batman carbon-fiber-looking battlesuit is laaaaaaame and wrooooong for Robocop.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Exactly.

With an outfit like that, I could finally get revengeance on my math teacher!

• Options
    I've always liked Gordon Freeman's character design. Mainly because Gordon Freeman isn't trying to look mean and intimidating like 90% of the other male protagonists on videogame boxart.

• Options

Exactly.

It's wank. It's bits and more bits and an eyepatch and a jaw thingy and more bits and a silly haircut and then more bits interlocking with other bits.

• Options
    you are wrong bogart

he is going to get revenge with a vengeance.

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Bringing IXL strawberry jam to London.

What?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

Exactly.

It's wank. It's bits and more bits and an eyepatch and a jaw thingy and more bits and a silly haircut and then more bits interlocking with other bits.

it looks like 90's Image filtered through Japan

• Options
    you are wrong bogart

he is going to get revenge with a vengeance.

It looks like the kind of outfit that someone who thought Revengeance was a cool name would draw, probably in crayon.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    revengeance is a cool name. it is rad to the power of sick

it is also the baddest

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Exactly.

Yes, this. It is a Rob Liefeld design after he came from a two week vacation in Osaka.

• Options
    revengeance is a cool name. it is rad to the power of sick

it is also the baddest

dUFa2.jpg

• Options
    powerglove.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
  • Options

Exactly.

That's the appeal! He's a robot ninja with a belt on his head - completely unique, completely inappropriate for the battlefield, accept no pretenders.

This discussion has been closed.