Options

Presidential Election 2012: Let's Debate.

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    Yeah, Ahmadinejad enjoys a lot of support outside of Tehran, Mashad and Isfahan, but the green movement elections in 2009 had a huge urban population turnout to favor Mousavi's reform party.

There's a huge disparity between the two groups.

Ahmadinejad doesn't enjoy the support of the Ayatollah though.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    hahaha

Oh Mittens

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Ross Perot
    im assuming that basically nobody in Iran enjoys the support of the Ayatollah

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Ross Perot
    Quoth wrote: »
    Come on, guys, some people just don't know stuff

One time I mixed bleach with ammonia because no one told me what would happen

I know this explains a lot about my brain function but still

You actually don't create a significant amount of Cl gas when you mix bleach and ammonia. It also doesn't hang around long.

What you do create though is primarily NH2Cl (chloramine) and a bit of N2H4 (hydrazine), which are still both toxic and not good to leave hanging around the house.

To be specific you also create small amounts of water, sodium chloride, hydrochloric acid, sodium hypochlorite, ammonia gas....but whatever.

• Options
    Well, the point still stands

don't mix bleach and ammonia unless you are, like

qualified and have taken the proper precautions and are in a safe place and so on

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Mitt Romney Picked Last in GOP Dodgeball Game

Cat Bites Romney for Trying to Pet it

Citizens Dump Chamberpots out Windows at Passing Mitt Romney

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I was in the broom closet of a movie theater

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Kodos
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    I'm assuming he's talking about people being able to breathe, but I thought aircraft had masks that drop down for that or something?
    yes

yes they do

When you have a private plane, they don't make you sit through the seat-belt/oxygen-mask announcements every time you fly.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Breaking: Mitt Romney Eats Sad Lunch Alone Next to Garbage Can

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I'm assuming he's talking about people being able to breathe, but I thought aircraft had masks that drop down for that or something?
    yes

yes they do

When you have a private plane, they don't make you sit through the seat-belt/oxygen-mask announcements every time you fly.

You'd think they'd at least tell him once so that he doesn't di- ohhhh

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    Ross Perot
    Jasconius wrote: »
    im assuming that basically nobody in Iran enjoys the support of the Ayatollah

What about the crucial support from the Ayatollah of Rock-and-rolla? What does The Lord Humungus have to say about Iranian politics?

• Options
    Ross Perot
    Solar wrote: »

qualified and have taken the proper precautions and are in a safe place and so on

Instead, put bleach in a glass cup, stick a piece of steel wool in it, and place that in the microwave. Cook on high for oh like, 10 minutes while watching intently.

• Options
    Ross Perot
    hunter

do more science at us

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »

You actually don't create a significant amount of Cl gas when you mix bleach and ammonia. It also doesn't hang around long.

What you do create though is primarily NH2Cl (chloramine) and a bit of N2H4 (hydrazine), which are still both toxic and not good to leave hanging around the house.

To be specific you also create small amounts of water, sodium chloride, hydrochloric acid, sodium hypochlorite, ammonia gas....but whatever.

Industrial level chlorine and industrial grade acid, on the other hand, will make mustard gas.
    I have seen this happen at work before on accident (it wasn't me doing it, mind) and it is horrifying.

• Options
    Ross Perot
    Only if you first do my bleach + steel wool + microwave experiment. Post results.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ross Perot
    I hope the Israeli and Iranian governments wipe each other out, and then the citizens of each nation can live peacefully out from under the shadow of governments that use religion as a flimsy cover for being dickheads to each other.

It is then that the orgies will break out in earnest.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

Instead, put bleach in a glass cup, stick a piece of steel wool in it, and place that in the microwave. Cook on high for oh like, 10 minutes while watching intently.

:?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Kang
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    Yeah, Ahmadinejad enjoys a lot of support outside of Tehran, Mashad and Isfahan, but the green movement elections in 2009 had a huge urban population turnout to favor Mousavi's reform party.

There's a huge disparity between the two groups.

Ahmadinejad doesn't enjoy the support of the Ayatollah though.

He did during the 2009-10 elections.

• Options
    Ross Perot
    Only if you first do my bleach + steel wool + microwave experiment. Post results.

what are the chances that if i do this

A) My microwave will break

B) My microwave will otherwise be unusable for a period of time greater than 10 minutes

C) I will die

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Kang

B) My microwave will otherwise be unusable for a period of time greater than 10 minutes

C) I will die

I'm guessing

D) all of the above

• Options
    Ross Perot
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

Industrial level chlorine and industrial grade acid, on the other hand, will make mustard gas.
    I have seen this happen at work before on accident (it wasn't me doing it, mind) and it is horrifying.

I'm about to drop dat science shit...

I doubt you had industrial grade chlorine. It was most like a chloride salt or Hydrochloric acid. Mix Hydrochloric acid with say Nitric acid and you get a pretty wicked reaction making an aqua regia. That amount of chlorine can put you on your ass if you're not in a well ventilated area like a fume hood.

Funny story, a colleague of mine once fucked up and tried cleaning some smaller platinum crucibles we had in the lab and grabbed the aqua regia I stored for other purposes instead of the 10% nitric acid like it said in the goddamn standard procedure.

He came back an hour or two later, and the Pt crucibles had ceased to be. He was hysterical thinking he lost them or someone stole them. In his panic he dumped the aqua regia solution down the drain to try and hide shit.

Aqua regia is 1 part Nitric acid to 3 parts Hydrochloric acid, so it's nitro-hydrochloric acid. The latin name means royal water. It's also sometimes called aqua regis or king's water. It gets the name from being able to dissolve the royal metals, specifically Gold and Platinum. Some assume they meant the noble metals, but several including titanium and iridium can withstand it.

If he would have kept the solution, it would have been possible to recover the few thousand dollars in platinum and pay to have the crucibles reformed. Like a few hundred bucks. Instead he just dumped it down the drain.

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular

C) I will die

Pretty high for all three

Don't forget to take pictures

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    Kang

or you want to party and you need to get SUPER krunked up real fast!

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Hunters experiment depends almost entirely on how much you like rust

• Options
    Ross Perot
    Junpei wrote: »

and/or explosions

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    would one of you kittenish motherfuckers just say what happens if you microwave bleach/steel wool

for fuck's sake

• Options
    Kang
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

I'm about to drop dat science shit...

I doubt you had industrial grade chlorine. It was most like a chloride salt or Hydrochloric acid. Mix Hydrochloric acid with say Nitric acid and you get a pretty wicked reaction making an aqua regia. That amount of chlorine can put you on your ass if you're not in a well ventilated area like a fume hood.

Funny story, a colleague of mine once fucked up and tried cleaning some smaller platinum crucibles we had in the lab and grabbed the aqua regia I stored for other purposes instead of the 10% nitric acid like it said in the goddamn standard procedure.

He came back an hour or two later, and the Pt crucibles had ceased to be. He was hysterical thinking he lost them or someone stole them. In his panic he dumped the aqua regia solution down the drain to try and hide shit.

Aqua regia is 1 part Nitric acid to 3 parts Hydrochloric acid, so it's nitro-hydrochloric acid. The latin name means royal water. It's also sometimes called aqua regis or king's water. It gets the name from being able to dissolve the royal metals, specifically Gold and Platinum. Some assume they meant the noble metals, but several including titanium and iridium can withstand it.

If he would have kept the solution, it would have been possible to recover the few thousand dollars in platinum and pay to have the crucibles reformed. Like a few hundred bucks. Instead he just dumped it down the drain.

hunter you had me at "platinum crucibles"

I'm going into science for the bling

• Options
    Junpei wrote: »

and/or explosions

Mix some vinegar in there for good measure, but then you'd need to be super quick on getting the microwave going

• Options
    Ross Perot
    Shorty wrote: »
    would one of you kittenish motherfuckers just say what happens if you microwave bleach/steel wool

for fuck's sake
    I'm hoping it makes pop rocks!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

for fuck's sake

I'm guessing the whole fucking thing explodes

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    fuck you google

you're not supposed to lead me back to this page when I google it

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular

for fuck's sake

it generates the philosopher's stone

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    but keep it a secret

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular

for fuck's sake

you ever see that part of the fly when jeff goldblum starts falling apart

nothing like that at all

• Options

for fuck's sake

nothing like that at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv6mA0qyOo4

This has no real relation to that but I just like the clip

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Ross Perot
    End wrote: »
    fuck you google

you're not supposed to lead me back to this page when I google it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSORiSaRW8&feature=player_embedded#t=1m17s

e: that didn't work at all

101 on
  • Options
    NaClO + Fe3C = Fe3O2 + NA + CI (if I'm remembering this right)

Fe3O2 + Microwave = prettiness.

I am probably wrong but it's been a while since I thought this through.

• Options
    Ross Perot
    Whatever happens, you should eat the result as quickly as possible.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    It is best served piping hot with a serving of Alu mixed in for good measure.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular

for fuck's sake

nothing like that at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv6mA0qyOo4

This has no real relation to that but I just like the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBxgAmdPQWg

This discussion has been closed.