Options

Have I Ever Told You The Definition of Inanity? [FarCry3]

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yay! Downloading the beta nvidia drivers gave me a huge fps boost. Rocking out at 60 frames with everything on high except shadows (I set them on low as a matter of course because shadows are always the most boring thing in a game and I can't ever tell the difference), post-fx (medium. I lose about 10 frames on high, doesn't seem worth it) and textures. (medium. I haven't tried them on high yet)

V-sync acts a little wonky though. Starting the game up it always stabilizes at 42 fps. I have to manually switch it off then back on to get it to stabilize at 60.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    So, now I feel like a silly goose for doubting this game. Picked it up last night, then played until the sun came up.

I like the story for what it is, and I don't care at all about what others are describing as racism here. Some people just can't function without finding a reason to be offended or manifesting their first world guilt at least once a day. I'm just in this to have fun.

This is not really how it works at all.

There are a lot of things to be offended by out there, you ain't got to go lookin for shit.

And you do not need to have "first world guilt" to be aware of racism.

I am, however, content to just let the game have a bad story and still play it, because it is still a fun game.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    All of those minigames in ACIII are terrible

I know why nobody plays those games anymore, they weren't any fucking fun

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Fun for me

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Yay! Downloading the beta nvidia drivers gave me a huge fps boost. Rocking out at 60 frames with everything on high except shadows (I set them on low as a matter of course because shadows are always the most boring thing in a game and I can't ever tell the difference), post-fx (medium. I lose about 10 frames on high, doesn't seem worth it) and textures. (medium. I haven't tried them on high yet)

V-sync acts a little wonky though. Starting the game up it always stabilizes at 42 fps. I have to manually switch it off then back on to get it to stabilize at 60.

I highly recommend using a program like D3DOverrider or your GPU control center to force vsync, and turn the game's off. I get 100% less bullshit stuttering this way. Also turn water to medium, it's a real bitch around fires for some reason.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Oh god

So I take this wanted dead mission, right? Well I drive out there and the dude is sort of camped out on this little peninsula that would have been an island at high tide. I swim out there and put a rock formation between me and the bad guys. So as soon as I get set up out there everybody starts going nuts. "Aim for the gas tank!" One screams. Locals had decided to execute their own unwitting pincer attack. So in the confusion, I pull out my silenced rifle and cap a dude. There's a short lull and then another jeep pulls up. I take down another one. Then I figure, hey screw it, and shoot another guy. About this time two more jeeps full of locals arrive on the scene. I find the last guy and shoot him. The commander? He's surrounded. So in order to get my bounty I run out there, flying lead be damned, and stab that son of a bitch in the neck.

It was almost like they'd programmed looks of disgust and disappointment into the NPC'S faces. I was half expecting to hear "JASON BRODY YOU KILL STEALING FUCK!"

• Options
    That's really awesome!

game mechanic spoiler regarding that
    Pretty sure I know which you mean, and the jeeps arriving seem to be scripted, since the same thing happened to me and also the Giant Bomb guys in their quicklook of the game.

The thing about you narrowly getting the knife kill is awesome though. My own success was substantially less thrilling!

• Options
    Scope out outpost, tagging enemies

tiger walks in the front door

screams, gunfire

flag raises

I imagine the tiger saying "everybody gets one" and running off

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    bears just clear an outpost in SECONDS

just gotta shut off the alarm so bro can get to work on becoming death bear

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Haven't encountered a bear yet

I died 10 times trying to kill the legendary panther though

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Oh what the FUCK.

I just spent the last like four hours getting all the relics, and I'm stuck at 119/120 because one of them is in an area that I no longer can access, and never will be able to again.

That is complete bullshit.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Just picked up this game today

its goddamn amazing, having so much fun with the bow

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh what the FUCK.

I just spent the last like four hours getting all the relics, and I'm stuck at 119/120 because one of them is in an area that I no longer can access, and never will be able to again.

That is complete bullshit.

Please tell me which one it is so this doesn't happen to me

And I appreciate your sacrifice, thanks in advance

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I was pretty irritated at this game because I had already bought all the weapons I could ever possibly want, and upgraded all my pouches, and had six grand burning a hole in my pocket

and then I discovered that apparently new weapons do in fact unlock

some real good ones

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The cave under the doctor's house has "Spider 1" in it. You get blocked from going back in there once you go on to the second island.

Seriously @SimBen locate the one responsible for this and slap him for me please. If you are the one responsible then BAD NO WE DO THAT OUTSIDE

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Second island

What

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I was pretty irritated at this game because I had already bought all the weapons I could ever possibly want, and upgraded all my pouches, and had six grand burning a hole in my pocket

and then I discovered that apparently new weapons do in fact unlock

some real good ones

Oh man, really? Awesome.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    So I've taken to lugging a LMG with me just for tigers and bears.

This game is like a mash up of red dead redemption and just cause 2. I love it.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    The cave under the doctor's house has "Spider 1" in it. You get blocked from going back in there once you go on to the second island.

Seriously @SimBen locate the one responsible for this and slap him for me please. If you are the one responsible then BAD NO WE DO THAT OUTSIDE

Pretty sure you can go back there after finishing the story. I'm pretty sure you can always go back and do the flashbacks that way if you missed them, too.

Pretty sure. Not 100%.

sig.gif
  • Options
    So I've taken to lugging a LMG with me just for tigers and bears.

This game is like a mash up of red dead redemption and just cause 2. I love it.

I usually like carrying a bunch of silenced weapons and stuff, but then I met some tigers

and now i carry a shotgun and a bow.

• Options
    Second island

What

Check out your map. Bunch of icons down south you can't reach yet? Yup.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I cannot tell you how many times I got the shit scared out of me by wild aggressive animals last night

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I literally screamed the first time I got attacked by a gator.

Another time, went across a river to hunt down a pair of goats. As soon as I get out of the water and creep up on one, motherfuckin tiger leaps out and takes it out, then bites my god damned guts out. I jumped nearly out of ,y chair.

This game is amaaaaazing.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    I accidentally drove a car into a river last night and was immediately attacked by a gator, and I also started yelling

• Options
    I haven't yet encountered a gator

but I'm not that far in the story, I just set a bunch of drugs on fire

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Do you get a silenced sniper at any point?

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Knife Throw Takedowns. So incredibly satisfying.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Do you get a silenced sniper at any point?

The second sniper you can get has a silencer attachment you can put on it. Even if you don't wanna pay for the gun or wait until you've unlocked enough towers, you get one for free in the hunting quest in the map zone where Earnhardt's house is.

sig.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I wish a game would come out that treated silencers as they really are, rather than the hollywood un-reality that's become universal in all media.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Langly wrote: »
    I wish a game would come out that treated silencers as they really are, rather than the hollywood un-reality that's become universal in all media.

But then they'd essentially become useless (except in games like, well, FC3, where most of the shooting occurs in wide-open outdoor areas with plenty of background noise).

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

But then they'd essentially become useless (except in games like, well, FC3, where most of the shooting occurs in wide-open outdoor areas with plenty of background noise).

exactly!

• Options
    oh well shit

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular

Pretty sure you can go back there after finishing the story. I'm pretty sure you can always go back and do the flashbacks that way if you missed them, too.

Pretty sure. Not 100%.

Nope, when I saw that post I even thought, "I'm sure they'd let you go back in after the story is over," but I checked it and there's an invisible force field.

Unless it's like the invisible force field in that other part of the game that I spent 5 minutes trying to get through before finally finding the exact spot where it lets you through.

• Options

exactly!

no but seriously I would love a game where someone asks for a suppressor and they get laughed out of the room.

In a Farcry game it would be especially cool because you would actually have to account for how suppressed the shot would be, take into account other noises etc.

• Options

exactly!

no but seriously I would love a game where someone asks for a suppressor and they get laughed out of the room.

In a Farcry game it would be especially cool because you would actually have to account for how suppressed the shot would be, take into account other noises etc.

The later Splinter Cell games actually took that into account. You had an ambient noise meter and if there wasn't enough noise everyone would hear your gunshots despite Sam Fisher only rolling with silencers.

sig.gif
  • Options

exactly!

The later Splinter Cell games actually took that into account. You had an ambient noise meter and if there wasn't enough noise everyone would hear your gunshots despite Sam Fisher only rolling with silencers.

that is super cool

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Stop right there, criminal scum!

• Options
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Stop right there, criminal scum!

I've been framed!

• Options

well...the game basically does, though

miss a bunch of shots and enemies will hear you

• Options
    I literally screamed the first time I got attacked by a gator.

Another time, went across a river to hunt down a pair of goats. As soon as I get out of the water and creep up on one, motherfuckin tiger leaps out and takes it out, then bites my god damned guts out. I jumped nearly out of ,y chair.

This game is amaaaaazing.

the hunting in this game is sooooo much better than in RDR or ACIII