As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Have I Ever Told You The Definition of Inanity? [FarCry3]

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    the sound design in this game is fantastic across the board

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I got the healing animation where Jason digs a bullet out of his arm for the first time today and I actually yelled "EWWWWW" out loud.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    For real. Only shooter I can recall to come close semi-recently is Bulletstorm. And it's high praise indeed if your game's sound design is compared favorably to a People Can Fly joint.

• Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    Some of the villagers sound really phoned in.

Like they actually recorded it through a phone cal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    the sound design in this game is fantastic across the board

Nah

The sound quality for all the NPCs compared to the hero/villains is fucking awful.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Vaas/mid game:
    the entire buildup to the showdown with Vaas was just lame. The supposed showdown wasn't that great either. Being a symbolic, psychedelic hallucination doesn't give me much assurance that I actually did kill Vaas, either.

And I guess I should point out that Buck isn't a very positive depiction of sadists in the media, either.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    For real. Only shooter I can recall to come close semi-recently is Bulletstorm. And it's high praise indeed if your game's sound design is compared favorably to a People Can Fly joint.

Halo 4 had really great sound design on the guns.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    I've heard that, but haven't ever played it myself.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    what's a "positive depiction of a sadist"

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    what's a "positive depiction of a sadist"

It's a pipe dream. Like looking for a Wiccan who isn't blaspheming god at every step or trying to sacrifice a baby to her dark gods.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I'm so bored right now

Hope someone puts a bullet in my - +10 XP +25 HEADSHOT

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    We must invent a silent gun.

Ar15cross.jpg

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Contrary to popular belief, bows and crossbows aren't silent, either.

Crossbows are much noisier than bows for that matter

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    What if you put a suppressor on a crossbow?

• Options
    Peccavi wrote: »
    What if you put a suppressor on a crossbow?

No, the only solution is to shoot at the exact same time someone else is shooting.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Someone post a picture of an atlatl

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Laser guns will be completely silent, much to the disappointment to everyone who buys one

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Laser guns will be completely silent, much to the disappointment to everyone who buys one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1a4N9ce2WA

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote: »

I have no clue what happened in that video.

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular

I bet they'll add something to make the pew pew noise just so they sell better

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Guys

Bears don't like flamethrowers, just a heads up

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    As in it will kill them?, or just make them angry and on fire now?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JMan711 wrote: »
    As in it will kill them?, or just make them angry and on fire now?

the second thing, then the first. but in rapid succession.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options

It uh

It's not that difficult

Guy turns on a laser, it starts firing on a dude. The laser itself is kinda silent, other scientists point out what they think the laser should sound like. Guy starts rubbing his temples to point out how exacerbated he is by the whole thing.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    Veretas wrote: »

It uh

It's not that difficult

Guy turns on a laser, it starts firing on a dude. The laser itself is kinda silent, other scientists point out what they think the laser should sound like. Guy starts rubbing his temples to point out how exacerbated he is by the whole thing.

so why was the laser shooting at his crotch?

• Options

It uh

It's not that difficult

Comedy

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    turns out flare guns are pretty good at killing wildlife, took only one shot to take a bear down

and also set the surrounding landscape on fire I guess

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    The flare gun is OP

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    So what exactly is the point of making medicinal syringes when you can just hold Y anyways and heal yourself fully in a much cooler looking fashion?

• Options
    edited December 2012
    syringes are faster, and you can get upgrades for them to heal up 6 bars

first aid will only ever heal 3 at max

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

It uh

It's not that difficult

Because the man in the chair is expected to die

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012

in the Rifts tabletop game, weapon manufacturers did exactly this

lasers were completely silent, but consumer-grade laser weapons had speakers to make noise when you fired

I like to imagine that I can use my computer to make the sounds whatever I want

the possibilities are endless

Shorty on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The recurve bow is a HUGE disappointment

It doesn't feel satisfying at all

• Options
    The recurve bow is a HUGE disappointment

It doesn't feel satisfying at all

so go get the AMR

Watch people fly when you shoot them.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I took out the entire saw mill with backstabs and the recurve bow, I loved every minute of it.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Is that the special sniper rifle? Because the whole "send dudes flying" thing beats out a suppressor in my book.

I kind of wish there was a compound bow, as well as throwing knives(not the takedown).

Also, badass moment (island 2 spoilers.
    I was going after an outpost, using my favored technique of getting to high ground and tagging everyone with the camera first. This particular outpost was at the base of a steep cliff, which surrounded it by 1/2. I noticed a tiger cage right next to an alarm. I leapt off the cliff, deployed the wing suit, then dove until I was maybe 50 feet up and popped the chute. Unseen, I killed the alarm box, let the tiger free, and ran for cover. Hobbes ate everybody and my only shots fired were to let him out of the cage.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I am terrible with the bow. Even with the scope that adds ranges...I have no idea what is really 50-80-100 yards.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Heir, you'll get used to it. It took me a while, but a lot of times you only need to be aiming between the 0-50 range.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    rvrv Registered User regular
    I was taking an outpost on the far eastern end of the first island when I encountered my first bear in a cage. I though to myself this will be brilliant!

I loosed an arrow to free my brothren from his silly bamboo cage and he immediately went to mauling a guy. I started to swing around to the far side to take some potshots with my silenced sniper and I encountered another bear!

Being the well-prepared hunter I am, I juiced myself with some animal repellent it used it to herd him into the outpost. Now I had two rampaging bears, how could I lose?

Somehow the pirate thugs managed to kill both of them while only taking the initial loss of the guy right outside the cage. Then I lobbed a rock to gather everyone up and cooked off a grenade getting an 8-man multi-kill. I guess the bears would good for something...

This is the only FC3 story ever that doesn't end in "... And then a predator ate everyone."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

this is a thing in wh40k
    the IG uses those little laser rifles
    and they have speakers for a pew pew noise, so the grunts know when they shoot