Options

[chat]: The Motion Picture

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The funniest thing is that empirically, the answer to both first questions is emphatically A

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Okay, the answer to those comics is A right?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Direct quote from someone I know who shall remain unidentified:

"I don't care if someone's gay or not. That's their life. I just don't want someone teaching my kids that's okay."

That was the tack they took in advertising in California when it was up for vote, and since then they've been copying that strategy nationally.

F'rinstance, :30
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bDjkKnO_cM

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Hmm...seems my crew skill buttons are bugged as I don't have them anymore for some reason. :(

STO? Try unassigning and reassigning them on the ship stations page.

Ahh, there we are! Thanks Mort!

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    oh shit the top albums thread showed me there's a new baroness album

awwwww yissssss

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @Ronya: Wow, I think your advice for my Macroecon final is not for me. Like, it's all very interesting, but it's probably A) Above my level and B) This isn't some kind of open-book essay, there's no way I'll remember all that stuff. It's mostly gonna be us presented with an article and having to analyze it and shit.

I really, really wish I could remember all you said when the final comes tomorrow, but... it's a lot and, to be quite honest, we didn't see a lot of what you said, so I don't feel comfortable spouting it since I don't really understand it very well. :S

I think i'll stick with the multiplication effect of gov't spending and maybe, if I'm feeling adventurous, talk about the animal spirit/pessimism that's not helping.

Thanks for your advice, though, it's just... to good for me. :|

• Options
    aw but apparently they aren't as dirty southern metal as they used to be

awww neeeeehhh

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Like, don't get me wrong, those are terrible political comics for all the reasons you guys are saying.

But that's not what they're for.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ronya: Wow, I think your advice for my Macroecon final is not for me. Like, it's all very interesting, but it's probably A) Above my level and B) This isn't some kind of open-book essay, there's no way I'll remember all that stuff. It's mostly gonna be us presented with an article and having to analyze it and shit.

I really, really wish I could remember all you said when the final comes tomorrow, but... it's a lot and, to be quite honest, we didn't see a lot of what you said, so I don't feel comfortable spouting it since I don't really understand it very well. :S

I think i'll stick with the multiplication effect of gov't spending and maybe, if I'm feeling adventurous, talk about the animal spirit/pessimism that's not helping.

Prepare an elaborate scheme where he replaces you for a day, and takes your exam.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    hello buttholes

my roommates are watching the newest batman movie. i now definitively know that the theater i saw it in had the wrong lens on the projector cause i can fucking see the movie. it was pitch black basically in the theater.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    you know how my aunt has the white trashiest taste i've ever seen? like, the kraft dinner and hotdogs casserole? peeling the breading off general tso's to eat just the breading?

tonight she may have hit a new low, and it's so bad i took a picture in case you wouldn't believe me

Photo%20Dec%2011%2C%207%2047%2045%20PM.jpg

creamed spinach from a box

kraft dinner from a box

several slices of american cheese, as the 'protein' of the meal

:l

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I like how the idea of reparations is apparently bad because everyone will feel owed for one reason or another.

And it probably doesn't occur to the "artist" this is because America has a history of basically fucking over everybody.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    it's probably bad that every time Chu talks about his family I feel really good about myself

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i get all my political cartoons from a real patriot

630.jpg?0400

• Options
    wow, that is the saddest meal i've ever seen...?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Organichu wrote: »
    you know how my aunt has the white trashiest taste i've ever seen? like, the kraft dinner and hotdogs casserole? peeling the breading off general tso's to eat just the breading?

tonight she may have hit a new low, and it's so bad i took a picture in case you wouldn't believe me
    Photo%20Dec%2011%2C%207%2047%2045%20PM.jpg

creamed spinach from a box

kraft dinner from a box

several slices of american cheese, as the 'protein' of the meal

:l

At least she's thinking about things like food groups?

I got nothing.

Chanus on
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    tumblr_mevcawE6hD1rvm3iko1_500.jpg

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    630.jpg?9721

• Options
    That comic is for Chu's aunt.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    chu

i am sad

i am eating $2.25 worth of chinese food and i am sad for that meal

poo
  • Options
    i have no idea what the fuck these comics mean

these are incredible.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    There's basically a thought bubble over NPH's head in that photo going "Yeah, I'd hit that."

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    it's probably bad that every time Chu talks about his family I feel really good about myself

I feel like requesting trigger warnings on his family posts.

Shit hits too close to home sometimes (like tonight).

Speaking of, I got a pizza delivered and guess who the delivery man was?

No other than my 9th and 11th grade English teacher who despised me and thought me a retard who was then fired for diddling a senior during theater practice.

I really wish my Edinburgh degree had been here by now.

Best revenge is living well, motherfuckers.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Apparently Kelly is a parody.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    the onions political cartoons are divine

poo
  • Options

these are incredible.

The Kelly ones are from the Onion.

They're amazing.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Body still is not happy with working out, ehh it is just day 2 on the hard stuff. Will probably be better come next week.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    @Ronya: Wow, I think your advice for my Macroecon final is not for me. Like, it's all very interesting, but it's probably A) Above my level and B) This isn't some kind of open-book essay, there's no way I'll remember all that stuff. It's mostly gonna be us presented with an article and having to analyze it and shit.

oh, like cheat notes for a final. Hmm. that's a lot harder. I thought you were asking for a presentation guideline on the topic of US unemployment in general.

What are your topics for the final? If you have a list I can throw down some advice.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Attempts to destroy Native American culture continued well into the 20th century. Even if you count the Civil War as being part of early American history, Jim Crow laws continued for a long time as well.

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    FRIEND-
    LESS
    NAGS

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    Attempts to destroy Native American culture continued well into the 20th century. Even if you count the Civil War as being part of early American history, Jim Crow laws continued for a long time as well.

Wasn't Cantor doing some fucked up shit about Native Americans just last week with the Violence Against Women thing?

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Body still is not happy with working out, ehh it is just day 2 on the hard stuff. Will probably be better come next week.

it will feel good

i have let it slip and my diet slip and i have gotten fat in just 2 months

fat enough for me and my parents and my coworkers to notice

pah

poo
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options
    Oh, also the taking Native American babies off reservations and putting them in white households until they're adults and then sending them back... that's still been going on.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

these are incredible.

The Kelly ones are from the Onion.

They're amazing.

Oh thank god

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

thatsthejoke.docx

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    EM

http://www.theonion.com/features/editorial-cartoon/

these are so good and what i'm linking.

630.jpg?2615

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular

I feel like requesting trigger warnings on his family posts.

Shit hits too close to home sometimes (like tonight).

Speaking of, I got a pizza delivered and guess who the delivery man was?

No other than my 9th and 11th grade English teacher who despised me and thought me a retard who was then fired for diddling a senior during theater practice.

I really wish my Edinburgh degree had been here by now.

Best revenge is living well, motherfuckers.

Wow. Did he recognize you (and tried to pretend he didn't)? Did you guys small talk?

• Options
    630.jpg?5560

i could post them all day they're each majestic

• Options
    @21stcentury

this was my intermediate macro professors homepage

too bad the links to the problem sets are all broken, they would have been helpful
    and also each one was themed like a different disney movie
    and played disney music

http://www.columbia.edu/~xs23/home.html

this man was nutty

poo
This discussion has been closed.