As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]: The Motion Picture

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Ronya

Since you had some time, any thoughts on my essays/notes I sent you?

I posted some comments soon after in [chat], I thought!

Lemme dig them up again...

You did, just some quick thoughts. Wondered if you had any other thoughts since you said you were a bit busy.

I'm a little reluctant to formulate any disputes because I don't think the arguments are constructed to be solid inasmuch as to demonstrate a literature review. Which is fair. You said you don't write to your own views either. I still disagree with much of the two essays, as I remarked earlier, but any good literature review will generate that. Otherwise there's nothing to motivate further talk :rotate:

I will remark that the worldview taken is quite alien and the sensation I get often when reading political science talking about international trade - that the analysis is presuming a macroeconomics that deviates in important but subtle ways from any school of macro thought I know - lurks in both papers. Given that economists talking about the political aspects of international trade seem quite content to handwave as well, I sometimes wonder whether the lack of mutual awareness is leading us to miss something obvious.

This last part I really agree with. I think there needs to be some combo of the two to get the whole picture but since both sides are happy sniping at each at best and ignoring each other at worst I don't think much will change. I am kind of sad I am going to run out of time so I won't be able to take International Trade and International Monetary Relations. So that will be my chunk of economics it seems.

I wish there was a way to teleport you here for some of the Global Finance and Trade classes they have here. Its economist teaching poli sci students while kind of crossing the boundaries of both. I think it would kind of blow your mind.

If you get a chance you should probably take a comparative politics class, would give you a basis to see where IR folks at least are coming from.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The worst thing in politics is when a counterpoint / counter-argument / different plan is misrepresented. When it becomes comics, it makes me want to punch people.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Why yes, ending poverty and building infrastructure in poor nations WOULD accomplish more than law enforcement!

or, y'know, doing both

not like they're mutually exclusive or anything

No, of course not. But if one was to get the priority, there would be a larger return on investment on the former than the latter.

• Options
    KEBKEB Registered User regular
    KEB wrote: »
    @21stCentury

My Dad taught me that the best song to have stuck in your head, and the one guaranteed to get all other songs out of your head, is the Hockey Night in Canada Theme. Not the new one, the old classic. You know the one?

That is the song you want!

I never watched Hockey Night in Canada. Hockey isn't my thing. :?

I never had a choice in the matter

Anywho:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&v=ByKu8BwT5K4

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    started to watch all my venture brothers dvds

yes

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    By the way @KEB, do you embrace the forever sleep, or does the forever sleep embrace you?

Which way you perceive this relationship massively affects your experience in the afterlife.

I hear cowards die many deaths but the valiant taste death only once!

Now you are on the path to understanding meat-related death, my child.

Request: Teach me your meatbag ways, master.

My rule: If the sandwich has nothing BUT meat on it, avoid it. Or you'll have little choice about when the forever-sleep comes.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm off for a little while. Don't die, [chat]!

• Options
    It's too bad CBC lost the rights to the HNIC theme.

HUGE part of my childhood, right there.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    KEB hates meat, freedom.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    It's too bad CBC lost the rights to the HNIC theme.

HUGE part of my childhood, right there.

There aren't enough agree buttons in the world

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    By the way KEB, do you embrace the forever sleep, or does the forever sleep embrace you?

Which way you perceive this relationship massively affects your experience in the afterlife.

My rule: If the sandwich has nothing BUT meat on it, avoid it. Or you'll have little choice about when the forever-sleep comes.

Actually my blood pressure has been measuring okay despite my diet. Plus, I'm still a slim guy after all these years. I think something inside of me is a black hole.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Every time I touch myself, an angel grows a dick.

I heard that motherfucker has like.....20 goddamn dicks.

tee hee

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    A chipmunk face is like overly attached girlfriend or something.

Taylor Swift does not have that.
    What is it then because its like a rodent permanently sniffing.

Rat face? But that doesn't really denote the adorability you're trying to convey.

I don't really think she looks like any kind of rodent so idk.

But "chipmunk face" cannot be the descriptor for both Taylor Swift and Overly Attached Girlfriend. If it is, it is as meaningless as the word "kooky".

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    god fuck email signatures

nice beautiful css

outlook munges it completely

Thats not outlook exactly just the extremely limited form of html supported in emails.

No divs, no styles, no css. Just basic tables and font tags.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    KEB hates meat, freedom.

Hey!

I maintain a lukewarm relationship with both, thank you very much!

• Options
    Also, the CBC commentators > ALL.

Fuck, the TSN ones are bad. And the couple times I've listened to American broadcasts of NHL games. OH. MY. GOD. It's like they don't even understand the game!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    That angel is like a teenager with bad acne

wake up in the morning with another dick on your face

"Goddammit, another dick?"
    "DON'T USE MY NAME IN VAIN"
    "sorry, god"

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Time to play with my medicinal putty.

• Options
    By the way KEB, do you embrace the forever sleep, or does the forever sleep embrace you?

Actually my blood pressure has been measuring okay despite my diet. Plus, I'm still a slim guy after all these years. I think something inside of me is a black hole.

I can't pretend I haven't succumbed to the baconator myself. :P

It asked a question of me, and I had to find out the answer.

• Options
    god fuck email signatures

nice beautiful css

outlook munges it completely

Thats not outlook exactly just the extremely limited form of html supported in emails.

No divs, no styles, no css. Just basic tables and font tags.

Outlook 2010 uses Word as its html renderer, so even with basic HTML, it's not entirely compliant.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    She is locked in a permanent squint at least.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options

Ah, but did you have the KFC sandwich that had two pieces of chicken acting as the bun?

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    She is locked in a permanent squint at least.

Oh yeah.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

Fuck, the TSN ones are bad. And the couple times I've listened to American broadcasts of NHL games. OH. MY. GOD. It's like they don't even understand the game!

I barely watch hockey any more, but right now I miss it. :(

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    @ronya

save me!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    @ronya

save me!

typing a reply now!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    This is killing me and google is failing.

What's the B-word for mixing sugar with fruit and letting it sit?

• Options
    Medicinal putty play is on standby because I can't settle on a playlist / thing to listen to while my hands are busy.

:winky:

• Options

I barely watch hockey any more, but right now I miss it. :(

This season was a write off for me (Massive Flames fan) anyway. :P

Hopefully something happens to change the ridiculous short sighted planning of the Flames' management for the 2013-14 season.

• Options

Ah, but did you have the KFC sandwich that had two pieces of chicken acting as the bun?

I tried.

I tried to push past my initial revulsion by getting super-high, and re-approaching the subject.

But in the end I searched myself for the cojones to tackle that monstrosity and was found wanting.

• Options
    Oh good another gun control thread.

I'm glad we have these, they're a good showcase of how we can't have a reasonable discussion about guns in America.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Whoa, whoa whoa whoa, whoa....whoa....did I just hear a canuck say they haven't watched HNIC?

*gets out my beating stick*

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options

I tried.

I tried to push past my initial revulsion by getting super-high, and re-approaching the subject.

But in the end I searched myself for the cojones to tackle that monstrosity and was found wanting.

The Double Down is fantastic. So good.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    1l7Xv.png
    Asay is a really bad political cartoonist.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I also haven't ever watched hockey night in Canada

I don't like hockey

• Options
    Do they still sell the Double Down? I may have to get another one.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I'd do Taylor Swift, straight up

Though girl is mad tall, that ain't for me

The part where she writes a #1 mega-hit bashing you after you don't call the next day would kinda suck, though.

• Options
    miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    I really love star trek 1 v'ger, it's really one of my favorite star trek movies though others disagree v'ger was always crazy they need that in the new series of movies.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Couscous wrote: »
    1l7Xv.png

Or you could spot it with the rape.

And the assault.

Yeah.

I'm going to go with that.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    AMFE how dare you suggest our men in uniform are capable of such crimes. WHY DO YOU HATE THE TROOPS AMFE?

This discussion has been closed.