As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] The most realistic MOBA out there.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »

And then I got matched up against Garen top. Sorry guys.

E: Why does this forum not have the [timg] tag? Its so handy for not cluttering stuff up.

everyone is super angry that you got counterpicked and fed slighty more than everyone else

no one wants to play with you anymore

shaaaaaame

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    AN HOUR 45 MIN GAME! I DEALT 1million damage. GOOOOOODDDDD
    740744_2240626859882_922200808_o.jpg

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    To be fair what they did was pretty deplorable.
    I thought that Zekent was cool, though.

Tried jungle Kayle for the first time in S3 (since it wouldn't let me pick Nocturne for some reason and randomed me her...), god that was horrible. I cannot wait for them to fix the jungle changes.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Oh man, AP Yi mid has got me hooked.

Someone suggested him after the enemy picked Kat mid and I knew enough about him to swing it.

It's pretty dirty though, you never end up leaving lane when you start with flask/pots.

Swain is the only person I've had trouble with thus far. Booo Swain.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Gankplank with Frozen Fist, Hydra, and Static Shiv is freaking hilarious. AoE damage showing Parleys.
    I also shot a Vayne from ~70% to dead instantly in a single crit.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Just had a game as singed where I just made some awesome plays and decisions. Felt really good. My team also played awesome and theirs was a failure at launch on communication, so it was pretty easy

One thing people forget about is minion damage and how their targeting works. In this game ingot a head start top because Darius helped a jungle Kat(wtf) with blue. Darius comes to Kane and goes for an early exchange, which he'd win, but I have some ranged minions walking up. Fling. He's now taking damage from 3 ranged minions who targeted him because he was close. This allows me to grab a couple easy creep score, and gain lane control. I let it push to my tower, but it was my decision by how the situation presented itself. It paid off with an Olaf gank and complete lane dominance and snowballing for me thereafter. (it's nice when you can do things like push to tower and then steal blue when you see their jungler bot)

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Gankplank with Frozen Fist, Hydra, and Static Shiv is freaking hilarious. AoE damage showing Parleys.
    The AOE slow is indeed excellent. Parley is an absurd ability, and I don't understand why they haven't fixed it and buffed him elsewhere so his strength is not so wildly inconsistent. And they'll probably have to nerf him because of these new toys he has and he'll be even worse off than before.

Coinage on
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I've had similar experiences. Parley is an absurd ability, and I don't understand why they haven't fixed it and buffed him elsewhere so his strength is not so wildly inconsistent. And they'll probably have to nerf him because of these new toys he has and he'll be even worse off than before.

Well see, he used to have a much more OP ability. One that literally took gold from you.

Then they fixed it, gave him a new set of abilities. Then, realizing what monster they had created, successively nerfed his new OP passive ability, then his actual passive, before finally nerfing parrrrrrley gold.

3 times.

This is GP after they nerfed him into the ground. And he still finds ways to be viable.

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    I've had similar experiences. Parley is an absurd ability, and I don't understand why they haven't fixed it and buffed him elsewhere so his strength is not so wildly inconsistent. And they'll probably have to nerf him because of these new toys he has and he'll be even worse off than before.
    Well see, he used to have a much more OP ability. One that literally took gold from you.

Then they fixed it, gave him a new set of abilities. Then, realizing what monster they had created, successively nerfed his new OP passive ability, then his actual passive, before finally nerfing parrrrrrley gold.

3 times.

This is GP after they nerfed him into the ground. And he still finds ways to be viable.
    Oh yes, I've read the change logs for a lot of champions (because I am a sad person), and I am glad I was not around for denyplank. But if they made only the bonus damage crit and made it apply his passive but not other on-hit effects, they could balance him without having to worry about the RNG giving him a Q that takes off half your health. As far as I can tell, they only don't want to change it because that's the way it's always been, which is stupid. At least with Nasus I can understand that apparently some people are attached to the farm playstyle. But GP is nothing but gimmicks or a sup-par bruiser.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Moridin889 wrote: »

3 times.

Oh yes, I've read the change logs for a lot of champions (because I am a sad person), and I am glad I was not around for denyplank. But if they made only the bonus damage crit and made it apply his passive but not other on-hit effects, they could balance him without having to worry about the RNG giving him a Q that takes off half your health. As far as I can tell, they only don't want to change it because that's the way it's always been, which is stupid. At least with Nasus I can understand that apparently some people are attached to the farm playstyle. But GP is nothing but gimmicks or a sup-par bruiser.

I see you miss the point of GP. He is not a bruiser. He is a skirmisher. He is there to poke you, kite you, shoot you from afar, farm while you can't stop him. He isn't there to fight you. That's not the pirate way. He will tire you out before shooting you in the kneecap and finishing you off. His Parrrley is no different mechanically than a ranged autoattack except with a CD and bonus damage (and extra gold attached) Why is it so overpowered? You don't think his short CD Cleanse is OP? Or his global AoE slow ult?

In other news, Morello said they are looking at burst casters right now. Go go Veigar buffs? :D

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    @burnage (hopefully I @'d the right person). What happened with the arcade sona contest? I saw goumindog(?) had won but already had the skin. I think just me and him entered (surprisingly)

• Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Man, I want to show my friend who doesn't play LoL what it looks like when an enemy Eternum Nocturne ults but there are no easy to find videos of it. I'm even having a hard time finding a clip of a normal enemy Nocturne ult.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXGxTF9Cdi8

Should be in there. As for the enemy part, I'm not sure what you mean.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Watching OGN lol right now these teams are interesting:

top: shen v renekton
    jungle: zed v shaco
    mid: khazix v zyra
    bot: vayne v caitlyn
    support: nunu v leblanc

http://www.ognlol.com/live/main

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    @burnage (hopefully I @'d the right person). What happened with the arcade sona contest? I saw goumindog(?) had won but already had the skin. I think just me and him entered (surprisingly)

I don't know if you're talking about a more recent contest, but I entered one that Houn had a while back. My entry was this:
    RwoRG.jpg

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    I thought they were fixing the tooltip to state that it did?
    The tooltip already states that enemies are unable to attack or move. According to RoG it was changed to state that it roots.

I just played Singed top against WW by accident, Warwick's sustain is really quite irritating. I guess you can't play passively against him. Also, Rammus is the best on TT.

Oh damn, Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE disqualified from the S3 tournaments

Can you paste/summarize what they did for those of us at work?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Spectator mode was on. One player (on their team) had a few "alleged" connection issues, and the game ended up paused a few times. A spectator then gave player/ward positions to Zekent et al via Skype, who then went on to lose the game anyway.

The player with the "connection issues" was not DQd.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »

@Tommatt that would be me forgetting to send out the skin because I'm a horrible person. Check your messages, and congratulations on winning!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Wow... I never would have expected something like that from Zekent of all people.

Weird.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Winning is a hell of a drug.

• Options
    VizardObserverVizardObserver The Duke of Ridiculous Poppycocky Registered User regular
    Cruzerthebruzer said he stopped playing competitive LOL. That's a shame, he was one of my favorite top laners

• Options
    Cruzerthebruzer said he stopped playing competitive LOL. That's a shame, he was one of my favorite top laners

Any particular reason?

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Winning is a hell of a drug.

There are some people that think that at a certain level, if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying hard enough.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular

Any particular reason?

His whole team got banned from S3 competition, which starts basically now, and it'd be too much hassle to get together with a new team?

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

Any particular reason?

His whole team got banned from S3 competition, which starts basically now, and it'd be too much hassle to get together with a new team?

Also I am intrigued as to why he was not also disqualified. Do they think he had nothing to do with the ghosting?

• Options
    It was an online match and he DC'd, which caused the initial lengthy pauses that gave the rest of his team time to ask in skype and stream chat about enemy intel (once the action caught up to the pause). I believe he did have nothing to do with the ghosting as he wasn't connected at the time.

• Options

Any particular reason?

He's very talented. I am surprised he couldn't find another team that he could substitute on.

• Options

Any particular reason?

Also, I must not understand the qualifying format. I only saw two events they were banned from. Are those the only qualifying events that you can participate in, and once they are over there is no longer a chance to qualify?

• Options
    ghostbanditghostbandit Registered User regular
    A-Puck wrote: »
    So....i am probably the worst Singed ever. I dont understand!! Conceptually it should be retarded easy to play Singed. I must be doing something wrong. Blah :(

My version of Singed.
    TP and Ghost for Summoners. TP so I can continue to farm mid game and have a presence for team fights, so I can act stupidly aggressive in lane and not lose out on my tasty tasty farm if I have to b, etc. Be aggressive early, get your lane opponent to fear you, and you will have a much easier time farming. Just make sure to have a good idea of how much damage you can take without dying. Once you have your ult, that is quite a bit.

Minimum of 21 in defense, picking up the % bonus health and the slow reduction as must haves. Currently I'm running 9 in offense, picking up spell pen. I've also tried 30 in defense, which also worked well but the lack of spell pen hurt quite a bit.

I have AP reds and quints, flat armor yellows, mr/level blues. I've also used move speed quints, but I like the extra farming potential of the ap quints. I'm meaning to try mpen reds but haven't gotten around to it.

For Singed I like starting with a mana crystal and 2 pots, I'll finish my catalyst first then get boots. From there I go RoA into boots 3. After that I pick either Liandry's Torment or Rylai's depending on if I need damage or survivability. After those items I vary depending on mood and how the game is going.

Until you finish your catalyst you have to be a bit cautious in lane, once you have catalyst and boots you can be a bit more risky, and once you have your ult you can be a bit nuts. Once you have your RoA you are on the verge of being Singed, Destroyer of Worlds. Finish the above 4 items and you will drink down their delicious tears as they scream 'Singed OP'.

You MUST farm. Farm farm farm. Get every last hit you possibly can, it will help you turn into Singed, Destroyer of Worlds faster. If you are having a bad lane and can't farm well, then you need to ignore the cries of your team mates and farm up some more. For the first couple levels use your gas sparingly, turn it on then off again quickly. You'll find it worth your while to practice last hitting with as little mana use as possible. Your gas eats mana big time if you leave it on. You'll want that mana for flings and goo if a gank comes your way. I level q,e,w then rqwe.

Yeah i lost top against Garen. I felt like a total tard. And so when it came time for team fights i was under farmed and sort of messed up my team :S

Oh well no more Singed until i actually learn him.

Side note, I super hate Lee Sin. That is all.

stream.php?streamuser=gbgaming
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    singed is one of those champs that eludes me... like, i get his kit, i get his thing, i just have a mental block about how to make him do that shit he always does to me.

it's like pantheon. man, i've seen some 1v5 teams, me, i'm useless with him.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Cheating in the LoL scene has some hella severe penalties since riot just bans you from literally everything, regardless of in which event you cheated.

Not that I excuse their actions, stuff like that has to be punished if online tournaments are to have any legitimacy.

• Options
    edited January 2013

Already answered my questions.

ghostbandit on
  • Options

what did they do?

Ghosted, had someone spectating the game/and or watching the stream and talking to them on skype. They paused the game to make sure the broadcast caught up so they could get up to date information if I understand correctly. Or well, they faked DCs to get pauses.

• Options
    Joe K wrote: »
    singed is one of those champs that eludes me... like, i get his kit, i get his thing, i just have a mental block about how to make him do that shit he always does to me.

it's like pantheon. man, i've seen some 1v5 teams, me, i'm useless with him.

same here bro..same here

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Cheating in the LoL scene has some hella severe penalties since riot just bans you from literally everything, regardless of in which event you cheated.

Not that I excuse their actions, stuff like that has to be punished if online tournaments are to have any legitimacy.

I completely agree. I'm just unfamiliar with the schedule, and the disqualification from 2 events doesn't seem to proclude them from participating this season, but obviously I'm missing something.

Also, not sure how this is that much different that the cheating that went on in the World Finals between Anzubu and Solomid. That team was only punished by forfeiting part of their winnings....

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »

I completely agree. I'm just unfamiliar with the schedule, and the disqualification from 2 events doesn't seem to proclude them from participating this season, but obviously I'm missing something.

Also, not sure how this is that much different that the cheating that went on in the World Finals between Anzubu and Solomid. That team was only punished by forfeiting part of their winnings....

The azubu vs solomid was a case of both teams glancing slightly to the side, probably by accident the first time before they realized how much they could see. I would personally hold both teams accountable instead of just the one who got an advantage out of it, but in general riot were at fault there as well, and DQing people in their bigass finals event would have looked... bad. Ghosting also gave them a bigger advantage, I have no idea how they lost while getting that much information on the enemy positions.

And the punishment is a DQ from season 3 competition. The way riot runs things, almost everything is part of season 3. There aren't a ton of different actors running tournaments like in dota 2 or SC2 if I don't misunderstand it, they want all the events to feed into their world finals. Which I can understand, as the Blizzard WC is still seen as a lesser event compared to the korean leagues, and riot might want to avoid this :P.

• Options

Any particular reason?

Also, I must not understand the qualifying format. I only saw two events they were banned from. Are those the only qualifying events that you can participate in, and once they are over there is no longer a chance to qualify?

I believe that's the case, yes. Since they're banned from the two qualifying events, that effectively bans them from participation in S3 (or at least participation in the Championship Series.)

• Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    Tried Taric out last night. Seems pretty solid but I had a bad team comp, which usually isn't that bad in non 30's but we had -

Taric/nami(who said she was going to go top) bot
    YI mid (did fine)
    Lee Sinn/Ariva (who dc'd at level 5) top.

We managed to last until 40 mins but the other team stopped pushing, minions took most of the towers down. I tried surrendering at 25m but they thought we had a chance cause we got a few kills, this seems to be a common theme.

Wasn't really sure how to build Taric so I went ward stone -> philo stone cause we were doing bad in lane -> boots -> spirit visage -> Aegis -> we lost by this point.

Will give nunu a try tonight, i've lost the last 5 games.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    Nunu is incredibly annoying to play as support in pubs as you are very reliant on having an AD who plays well. With someone who utilises his aspd/mspd buff correctly he is amazing, but if they don't it's really boring.

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    A-Puck wrote: »
    So....i am probably the worst Singed ever. I dont understand!! Conceptually it should be retarded easy to play Singed. I must be doing something wrong. Blah :(

My version of Singed.
    TP and Ghost for Summoners. TP so I can continue to farm mid game and have a presence for team fights, so I can act stupidly aggressive in lane and not lose out on my tasty tasty farm if I have to b, etc. Be aggressive early, get your lane opponent to fear you, and you will have a much easier time farming. Just make sure to have a good idea of how much damage you can take without dying. Once you have your ult, that is quite a bit.

Minimum of 21 in defense, picking up the % bonus health and the slow reduction as must haves. Currently I'm running 9 in offense, picking up spell pen. I've also tried 30 in defense, which also worked well but the lack of spell pen hurt quite a bit.

I have AP reds and quints, flat armor yellows, mr/level blues. I've also used move speed quints, but I like the extra farming potential of the ap quints. I'm meaning to try mpen reds but haven't gotten around to it.

For Singed I like starting with a mana crystal and 2 pots, I'll finish my catalyst first then get boots. From there I go RoA into boots 3. After that I pick either Liandry's Torment or Rylai's depending on if I need damage or survivability. After those items I vary depending on mood and how the game is going.

Until you finish your catalyst you have to be a bit cautious in lane, once you have catalyst and boots you can be a bit more risky, and once you have your ult you can be a bit nuts. Once you have your RoA you are on the verge of being Singed, Destroyer of Worlds. Finish the above 4 items and you will drink down their delicious tears as they scream 'Singed OP'.

You MUST farm. Farm farm farm. Get every last hit you possibly can, it will help you turn into Singed, Destroyer of Worlds faster. If you are having a bad lane and can't farm well, then you need to ignore the cries of your team mates and farm up some more. For the first couple levels use your gas sparingly, turn it on then off again quickly. You'll find it worth your while to practice last hitting with as little mana use as possible. Your gas eats mana big time if you leave it on. You'll want that mana for flings and goo if a gank comes your way. I level q,e,w then rqwe.

Yeah i lost top against Garen. I felt like a total tard. And so when it came time for team fights i was under farmed and sort of messed up my team :S

Oh well no more Singed until i actually learn him.

Side note, I super hate Lee Sin. That is all.

Nono, you need to play him to get good at him, don't give up! Trust me, he's worth it.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
This discussion has been closed.