Options

How about raise [CHAT] and kill all the poor?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    There's a difference between digging through the permaban graveyard so you can shit on people and calling out a lazy argument.

That's true, but when it gets excessively personal it's probably best to have an uneasy truce.

Because I will be sad if I have to go to work and chat is dead.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Sarksus
    I am bitching about my burnt ass hamburger and waiting for my 1:30 meeting to start. Which is followed by a 2:15ish meeting
    Which is followed by me posting in [chat] until I can leave and stop being sober.

No I mean. Your avatar.

Who do you think you are

Sarksus on
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Thanatos, you should know better than to leave the house in those saucy outfits.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Hey guys remember last time we attacked forumers and chat got closed down? Yeah, we probably shouldn't do that.

yeah maybe you should go back and review that thread bowen. For a lot of reasons but most importantly you need to take another look at why it was shut down and stop metamodding.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Hey guys remember last time we attacked forumers and chat got closed down? Yeah, we probably shouldn't do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_yJFLvmjJY

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    @Sarksus
    I am bitching about my burnt ass hamburger and waiting for my 1:30 meeting to start. Which is followed by a 2:15ish meeting
    Which is followed by me posting in [chat] until I can leave and stop being sober.

No I mean. Your avatar.

Who do you think you are

Johnny Ryall?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

yeah maybe you should go back and review that thread bowen. For a lot of reasons but most importantly you need to take another look at why it was shut down and stop metamodding.

this comment is meta

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Considering there's no real evidence GMO food is unsafe to eat, it seems making it so you can't prosecute people for growing it is a good thing?
    democratic coalition wedge problem.

SCIENCE IS GOOD AND TRUE
    BIG BUSINESS IS BAD AND EVIL

How can big business do science? It must be a lie!
    I don't know why I get into these things with Than. Members of the GOP have said some p heinous crap over the last few years, and whenever I bite on his "well your side is worse" lure it ends badly. That is really the main goal for him - remain vigilant, deflect attention, and turn every embarrassment by an ally into an opportunity to trash the enemy.

It's p standard grassroots activist tactics and I ought not keep getting suckered in.
    But remember, everyone, I started it.

Be the bigger man and end it.

End war.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    And geth remains to be as poor as ever at choosing the maker of the next [chat]!

choose someone who was still posting at the time!

Maybe it's a social experiment.

The code Geth uses checks to verify that the user 1) posted in the current chat but 2) hasn't been active in the last half hour.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Vanguard wrote: »

this comment is meta

Second order meta.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    There's a difference between digging through the permaban graveyard so you can shit on people and calling out a lazy argument.

That's true, but when it gets excessively personal it's probably best to have an uneasy truce.

Things aren't really that personal. At least, no one has said "Thanatos you cumguzzling obamablowhard" or "Spool you ignorant racist slut". Like, you can think someone is arguing in bad faith and keep it clean.

At least nothing I've said was meant to be charged with anything.

You gradschool attending icehumper.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Easy Rider is amazing and important to film the way Wuthering Heights is amazing and important to literature.

Namely: Both are long, boring, no longer culturally relevant, and have a couple good Jack Nicholson one-liners.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Spool, you ignorant slut

• Options
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    anyway, with regards to spool32's remark, it wasn't so long ago that Big Science was a thing that the environmentalists hated and despised

Silent Spring era

I don't think the turnaround happened until AGW. I don't think even CFCs/ozone hole shook it, in part because the right-wing did not rely so much on attacking the science (because DuPont had already expired its patent and therefore CFC production was becoming a generic process).

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Sarksus

No I mean. Your avatar.

Who do you think you are
    I am become dolan, the troller of goobs.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

Things aren't really that personal. At least, no one has said "Thanatos you cumguzzling obamablowhard" or "Spool you ignorant racist slut". Like, you can think someone is arguing in bad faith and keep it clean.

At least nothing I've said was meant to be charged with anything.

You gradschool attending icehumper.

You shut up! The ice is soothing!

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    damn,

no one wants to talk about blackholes so I'm gonna go buy beer instead.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Considering there's no real evidence GMO food is unsafe to eat, it seems making it so you can't prosecute people for growing it is a good thing?

SCIENCE IS GOOD AND TRUE

I don't know why I get into these things with Than. Members of the GOP have said some p heinous crap over the last few years, and whenever I bite on his "well your side is worse" lure it ends badly. That is really the main goal for him - remain vigilant, deflect attention, and turn every embarrassment by an ally into an opportunity to trash the enemy.

It's p standard grassroots activist tactics and I ought not keep getting suckered in.

End war.
    "Being the bigger man" is why liberals keep losing elections.

• Options

SCIENCE IS GOOD AND TRUE

End war.

There's only one way to end war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4VlruVG81w

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    gravity is a weak force, without quotes, because it simply is a very weak force.

the relative strengths of the other forces are 10^25, 10^36 and 10^38 times that of gravity.

also why do I still remember that.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    damn,

no one wants to talk about blackholes so I'm gonna go buy beer instead.

I really don't know enough about them, obviously.

Otherwise I would.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    This is too close to call. I may or may not have passed this poop.

I won't know until I check. It is schrodingers masters degree

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    gooby it's beautiful ;_;

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    We need to clear down and make dick jokes

Fart

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Come on, Than, you're not winning any elections in [chat].

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Easy Rider is amazing and important to film the way Wuthering Heights is amazing and important to literature.

Namely: Both are long, boring, no longer culturally relevant, and have a couple good Jack Nicholson one-liners.

Wrong

Easy Rider pretty much invented (in the sense that it popularized it) the road movie genre

I'm not saying it's entertaining (tho I like it), but it does have a pretty solid place in the canon of important films

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    gooby it's beautiful ;_;

agree

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I remember reading something somewhere that said that if the ratios were a few zeroes off then no stars would have ever formed.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    gravity is a weak force, without quotes, because it simply is a very weak force.

the relative strengths of the other forces are 10^25, 10^36 and 10^38 times that of gravity.

also why do I still remember that.

only at long length scales

that inverse squared law works both ways. Once you get far enough down (like Plank scale) gravity dominates all over forces like woah.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    okay who wants some bass

show of hands pls

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i wonder if having a lazy eye makes it good or bad for you to wear hats

like, i imagine there's something to be said about it drawing the person's attention above your eyes briefly but then... but then... if it's a symmetrical hat (like a perfectly symmetrical haircut) then that might just illustrate the cooky eye :O

• Options
    I remember reading something somewhere that said that if the ratios were a few zeroes off then no stars would have ever formed.

the fact that a macroscopic universe exists at all is one of the two fundamental unsolved problems in physics

the other is the observes acceleration in the expansion of the universe. Or more precisely why that acceleration is so massively different from the prediction.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    i wonder if having a lazy eye makes it good or bad for you to wear hats

like, i imagine there's something to be said about it drawing the person's attention above your eyes briefly but then... but then... if it's a symmetrical hat (like a perfectly symmetrical haircut) then that might just illustrate the cooky eye :O

just wear a monocle on your dead eye

classy

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    if you guys get my chat closed down again I am going to be mad

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

SCIENCE IS GOOD AND TRUE

End war.
    "Being the bigger man" is why liberals keep losing elections.

Neither you nor Spool will convince each other. It's one thing to discuss politics for fun, but if things get heated and personal it's probably best to end the argument.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    what strikes me as odd is the move of anti-testing groups out of the scope of respectability and pro-testing groups into the mainstream left, at least in the UK

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I quite like Wuthering Heights.

Bella?

This discussion has been closed.