Options

The Darker Side of [Chat]

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my friends got some really purple diesel

it was really really purple

poo
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Most people these days don't do that last part.
    Both are supposed to predict who will be getting married next.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Americans have a really weird wedding culture.

Americans have weird anything-to-even-sorta-do-with-sex culture is weird everywhere.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    We followed English wedding traditions quite strictly at my sham wedding. I got absolutely wankered and danced like an utter cock. LIKE MY FOREFATHERS BEFORE ME.

If memory serves, you also had a giant block of cheese instead of a cake, making a mockery of the institution of marriage!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Americans have a really weird wedding culture.

Chinese weddings r teh weirdest

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    What is this garter throwing thing, I have never heard of this.

Bride tosses bouquet to all the single ladies while the traditional folk song "All the Single Ladies" is played
    Groom tosses garter to a bunch of dudes.
    Dude who catches garter then puts it on the bridesmaid that caught the bouqet in front of everyone
    It is generally awkward and unpleasant for all parties involved.

jesus christ

that is ten kinds of fucked up

• Options
    tido14tido14 Registered User regular
    Cohort of ladies on OKCupid in St. Louis differs greatly from that in Boston. News flash. They seemingly all lack English proficiency and have babies. This is a generalization.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    We followed English wedding traditions quite strictly at my sham wedding. I got absolutely wankered and danced like an utter cock. LIKE MY FOREFATHERS BEFORE ME.

If memory serves, you also had a giant block of cheese instead of a cake, making a mockery of the institution of marriage!

In my neck of the woods Stilton is considered to be far better than cake. Wedding cakes are often quite boring, anyhow. Some icing, some cake, a couple of figurines that look nothing like the happy couple. Yawn. Give me an enormous slab of pungent cheese, some crackers and some grapes any day of the week.

• Options
    and i tried this like sativa that tasted very different it did not have a typical weed funk

was more like

lemon lime gatorade?

poo
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Bride tosses bouquet to all the single ladies while the traditional folk song "All the Single Ladies" is played
    Dude who catches garter then puts it on the bridesmaid that caught the bouqet in front of everyone

MOST AWKWARD. College roomie's wedding a couple of years ago. They do the garter toss first. A buddy who is very very drunk catches it. He tells me to the side he hopes the girl who catches the bouquet is hot. They do the bouquet toss. Who catches it? The bride's 9 year old niece who's mom thought it would be cute if she got in the group of single ladies. They still tried to finish the whole bit. Luckily buddy sobered up real quick and just kinda put the garter around the girls wrist. He still shudders when he thinks of how awkward that moment was.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

In my neck of the woods Stilton is considered to be far better than cake. Wedding cakes are often quite boring, anyhow. Some icing, some cake, a couple of figurines that look nothing like the happy couple. Yawn. Give me an enormous slab of pungent cheese, some crackers and some grapes any day of the week.

The last wedding I went to the figurines on the cake were Wall-E and Eve. And it was fucking awesome.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

I'd go with both.

488W936.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    yeah i only enjoy sativa

kush usually just makes me incapable of getting up out of a chair

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    sign me up for #teamstilton

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Are there actually weddings that have Stilton instead of cake?

Sign me up.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Groom's cakes are usually so much cooler than the actual wedding cake. I wish I'd gotten one.

• Options
    Y'all are cray. Good wedding cake is awesome.

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

Sign me up.

65703_10150117443511369_773946368_7427455_4785853_n.jpg

Gaze upon the magnificence of our tiered cheese cake, seen here apparently through a thick fog in a picture taken by a man listing badly to starboard.

• Options
    The problem with grooms cakes is generally that they look a damn sight better than they taste.

That said,I wanna get a fondant re imagining of the bowser pot leaf tattoo for my 35 birthday.

• Options
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/obamacare-a-war-on-bros.html

I didn't even read the article beyond the first few sentences because I'm busy but "Is Obamacare a War on Bros?"

poo
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Cambiata wrote: »

Sign me up.

Wait I take back everything I ever said about not wanting to get married.

• Options
    I'm gonna get married AT LEAST twice a week from here on out.

• Options

I didn't even read the article beyond the first few sentences because I'm busy but "Is Obamacare a War on Bros?"

Head does not match body.

• Options
    tido14tido14 Registered User regular
    Is it douchey to write it out as Library "Science?"

• Options
    One of those was Stilton, one was stinking bishop, and I can't remember what the others were because frankly by this stage I was pissed as a newt.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Excellent. The first five weeks of the Instant Watch Film Society are booked.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    We had cheese cake.

One of the very few requirements that I had for the wedding was a cake that I would eat.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    We had cheese cake.

One of the very few requirements that I had for the wedding was a cake that I would eat.

I personally would want a fiancee I could eat but to each his/her own.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Going back to American cultural standards for nudity is going to be weird.

Going back to American cultural standards for PDAs will be nice though.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

And teeth are way too involved.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Can you briefly tell me what it's like in Japan, compared to here? I'm curious and don't know more than the basics.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    We had cheese cake.

Flag-waving_cheese.jpg
    ?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Just walking home from.mid week beer tasting. For the record double Chile stout is nice

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

If there is a War on Bros....

Where do I enlist?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

And teeth are way too involved.

Ah yes. I have seen it put on with teeth.
    Fuck that

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

jesus christ

that is ten kinds of fucked up

It can get worse. At my cousin's wedding one of my younger cousins caught the bouquet. My aunts and mother decided that I had to join in with the single guys. I tried to argue against it because I had been married once so it wouldn't be fair but enough of my female relatives can drag me somewhere apparently. So I did the only thing a man can do in a situation like that. Faked my knee going out and flopped like I was trying out for the Italian world cup team.

I really hate the garter tradition.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Good evening folks

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'd settle for really good cheesecake for my wedding, assuming I ever get married.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    We had cheese cake.

I had one of those. I can't recommend it enough.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Can you briefly tell me what it's like in Japan, compared to here? I'm curious and don't know more than the basics.

Nudity is very context driven, but nudity isn't inherently sexual here. If you go to an onsen or a public bathhouse you walk around naked and it is no big deal. They are mostly split by gender but no one cares that anyone else there is naked. Little naked kids go running by chasing one another, dodging around all naked doddering men. If you go to a mixed onsen it is likewise the same, no one cares. It's because the context of an onsen is a place to relax, there is nothing sexual about onsen, so there's nothing sexual about being naked there.

Or take for example last night at my kendo practice, we are in our dojo, the purpose of which is to practice kendo. So, while I was changing in the same area as everyone else and was just down to my boxers and a new female member showed up for the first time we went through the whole greeting ritual (hajimemashite, blah blah blah, yoroshiku onegaishimasu) while I was basically wearing nothing, and no one cared.

PDAs though are basically a big no-no. Anything past holding hands is really frowned upon. And I almost got tossed out of a bar for swapping spit with a girl.

Admittedly I also think part of that is that I had just met the girl like 10 minutes ago at that bar and I think some other people had been eyeing her for some time during the night and probably buying her drinks or buying drinks to build up their courage for her... so I probably wasn't good for sales.

This discussion has been closed.