As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Ghosts and Coblyns coming next week!

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Jars wrote: »
    that is amdapor gear

Amdapor Gear is not the point of running Amdapor. Darklight is.

(And to a lesser extent, Mythology gear but you're more likely to accumulate that stuff via Binding Coil)

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    darklite gear is a waste of tomes, you should be spending all of those on accessories which do not drop in amdapor aside from necks

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    So FYI, if you own the PS3 version you get the PS4 version for free when it's released.

I think this means I'll pick up the PS3 version as well so I can play on both. Also you get access to the PS4 beta which is Feb 22nd. Pretty good news, I'd say.

Oh shit. I knew that JP would get PS4 beta access on 02/2014, but I had no idea we'd get a free upgrade.

This fully redeems the PS3 purchase. I was starting to have doubts as it seemed less and less likely I'd ever play it over the PC version.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I'm.

Too Sexy.

For my armor!

fA3go3o.jpg
    knH75Bf.jpg
    pCDXgy5.jpg

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    darklite gear is a waste of tomes, you should be spending all of those on accessories which do not drop in amdapor aside from necks

There...isn't anything else TO spend Philo tomes on. Darklight gear is what you want to be fully kitted out in for Binding Coil. Yes, it is a better idea to buy the jewelry first because it is the largest marginal upgrade. iLVL 60 Amdapor junk is just a stepping stone to proper iLVL 70 Coil ready gear.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    @Just_Bri_Thanks: PM me when you have the PS3 version in your hands, and I'll PayPal you some dollahs and you can just send me the code. My understanding is that I don't need the disc.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Sabo wrote: »
    Don't forget to start using the Guild website: http://gitl.enjin.com

It's so hard to keep up with this thread and play the game at the same time. :evil:

On this note, I did just sign up.

I can't do anything post wise on the forums though, is this because I wasn't approved yet?

Well I am in the FC, so get to approving so I can intro myself in the... intro thread.

• Options
    Also Darklight gear is pretty classy. For healers moreso than casters but it is not half bad at all.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Nevermind, someone did it already. So I am there too.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    alright well I'll let you know when I have 4000 tomes lying around to buy a full darklite gear, because as of right now I have 3 accessories which is after 11 amdapor runs plus all the stuff leading up to it.

darklite is a shitty ass cowl anyway. no one fucking wants cowls square

Jars on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    So I just had this fellow "tank" a FATE boss in South Thanalan. Yes, in that gear.

If it weren't for the fact that we were the only ones there for 3/4 of the boss fight, I'd have probably let him just die.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    alright well I'll let you know when I have 4000 tomes lying around to buy a full darklite gear, because as of right now I have 3 accessories which is after 11 amdapor runs plus all the stuff leading up to it.

I didn't say it'd be fun, but grinding Amdapor until your eyes bleed is what end game progression consists of until Bahamut's Coil.

That and your relic quest. Welcome to raiding and related activities!

There are indeed people already 100% Darklight'd.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    korodullin wrote: »
    So I just had this fellow "tank" a FATE boss in South Thanalan. Yes, in that gear.

If it weren't for the fact that we were the only ones there for 3/4 of the boss fight, I'd have probably let him just die.

What...what is this. My gear is better than this. I'm level 24. He's wearing crafting gear in his battle set!

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    yeah legacy people that started out at 50. I even hit 50 rather early, for most people full darklite gear isn't happening for like a month, at least.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I am standing in the third Best Buy of the day while they scratch their heads all confuzzled.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    Yeah, I pretty much got my darklight rings and earrings and called it a week. My weak ass FC of RL friends are casual as all hell, so I doubt I'll even be seeing the inside of Coil this year.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    SoulFurySoulFury Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Also I'm not sure if this was ever posted in thread, but regarding the question:

"When do I unlock ________?"

"When do I unlock the ability to buy the damn game??"

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    SoulFury wrote: »
    Also I'm not sure if this was ever posted in thread, but regarding the question:

"When do I unlock ________?"

"When do I unlock the ability to buy the damn game??"

Progress in the story obviously. :)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yeah legacy people that started out at 50. I even hit 50 rather early, for most people full darklite gear isn't happening for like a month, at least.

An Amdapor Keep run can be knocked out in between 13 and 20 minutes if you're fast. A dedicated group could (have) do it in a week or less, Legacy status isn't even necessary.

That is about 400 Tomestones per hour, give or take. But yes most people definitely won't be doing it that fast.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Speaking of Coil, it has the same 90 minute timer as all dungeons right? So you can only be in there 90 minutes a day? I actually rather like that. No ridiculous "300 attempts/as long as it takes" nonsense that a lot of bleeding edge WoW guilds did.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    installing the game! let's see how long this takes. then maybe hang out in char creation for hours

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2013
    OK, I have in my grubby mitts 1 PS3 copy which has been spoken for, and 2 PC copies, only one of which has been spoken for. Who wants the other?

Edit: whoops, didn't see the other PM. Stand by, processing!

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Speaking of assists and such, how fancy can macros get in this and is there a good resource on the syntax?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    umm... how do i log into my square account when it doesn't have a password connected to it? i've only logged in through facebook connection before and there's no place to set a password in my account settings.

oh nvm they didn't count it as a completed account yet so i had to fill out some more stuff

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »

An Amdapor Keep run can be knocked out in between 13 and 20 minutes if you're fast. A dedicated group could (have) do it in a week or less, Legacy status isn't even necessary.

That is about 400 Tomestones per hour, give or take. But yes most people definitely won't be doing it that fast.

The only thing I'm worried about is these speed runs becoming the expectation incredibly quickly, and very uninviting to new people just learning the dungeons.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Never mind, seems to work now.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    OK, I have in my grubby mitts 1 PS3 copy which has been spoken for, and 2 PC copies, only one of which has been spoken for. Who wants the other?

Edit: whoops, didn't see the other PM. Stand by, processing!

If you have a PC copy available, I'd be much appreciated to be able to snag a copy. The closest to me is a few hours away. Ill PM you too.

Assuming that last edit meant it was gone, but I figured I would try!

Not today.
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Why is there a 47 Arcanist in Arum Vale?

Oh well, at least I get to see Carbuncle again.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    I have been paid for two of the copies, and I am waiting on the third. If that person doesn't come through, I have someone standing by as an alternate.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So, here's a thing I would like to see:

A notation at the bottom of the item tooltips in my armory chest, that tells me whether that particular item is part of one of my gear sets or not.

It gets VERY cluttered in there, very quickly, and it can be a lot to keep track of.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    So, here's a thing I would like to see:

A notation at the bottom of the item tooltips in my armory chest, that tells me whether that particular item is part of one of my gear sets or not.

It gets VERY cluttered in there, very quickly, and it can be a lot to keep track of.

Agree with this 100%. I've accidentally sold other class items several times.

• Options
    Hey @Soulfury! You don't want Wandering Hero to get the game do you? Jump in here, dude/ette! Its got your name all over it!

• Options
    Do you @Soulfury?!? Does he?!?

Not today.
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Ladies and gentleman, do any of you know what all the various icons and letters that popup on the enmity bar mean?

dZfkAaZ.jpg

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Hooray, Dragoon unlocked. That gives me three, with Warrior (34) and Paladin (30).

Didn't realize from looking at xivdb that Jump was off the GCD. That explains a lot! Makes the class a lot more interesting.

• Options
    SoulFurySoulFury Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sorry I was at the gym. Paypal is on route.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Ladies and gentleman, do any of you know what all the various icons and letters that popup on the enmity bar mean?

dZfkAaZ.jpg

Green=DPS harder Yellow= MOAR DEEPS Orange=Slow down a -little- Red= OH GOD MY FACE

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Damn :(

Not today.
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    ooh bottom page no fun.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯