As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of The Halloween Thread is true.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    And with the sun set it's time for me to take on MY FINAL FORM Gahahahaha

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Oh I'm working another Halloween.

At least my girlfriend looks good as Rosie the Riveter

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I have had literally 0

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The Great Yokai War is a family friendly movie, definitely. In that weird Japanese way. Highly recommend!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Zero trick-or-treaters, all the candy is now mine.

My wife and I have been watching movies and Halloween specials all evening. Simpsons Halloween (which we had saved on our DVR), Vincent Price in the "Last Man on Earth" (adaption of "I am Legend"), Bela Legosi in "Dracula", and now Garfield's Halloween Adventure. After that we may also watch the Boris Karloff "Frankenstein."

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    so many kids this evening

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    My house had a good number of trick or treaters, including a pair of identical twins dressed as Mordecai and Rigby!

Now me and the boyfriend are snuggling and watching pumpkinhead.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    that is one dirty mirror

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Bizzaro #1

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    we never get kids but my mom always buys candy

it's great!

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I love the suburbs
    So many trick or treaters

mkc.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    if we wanted to give out candy here we were supposed to go to the main office of the apartment complex to get a pumpkin to hang on our door

we did not do that

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    that is one dirty mirror

Honestly it's not that dirty

Also that curl man

THAT CURL

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    14 trick or treaters tonight

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    You know what my favorite thing is about any Superman reveal

It's the tie

Something about a pulled-loose tie, or heavens, blowing dramatically in the wind

Oh, the vapors

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I have a natural spit curl that surfaces occasionally.

I really ought to dress as Clark/Supes next year. Or take the lazy route and be Superboy.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    handed out loads of candy. watched the road. apparently my cat got in a fight with a gray cat because he had gray fur in his paws. he's a fierce one...

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    spooky scary
    1383799_10152009463959664_548074958_n.jpg
    1395317_10152009092494664_1660658826_n.jpg
    went to see built to spill for a halloween show and they did a fucking incredible set

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Usually go take out the little bros and sister out trick or treating, but I had class.... bummer. And after many setbacks.... no Halloween parties tonight. Oh well.... had a great day today anyways.

At least I wore my Superman costume for a bit!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    This costume won me five whole dollars! Which is about how much I spent on it.

KaufmanCostume_zpsaadedad7.jpg

I saw you on Reddit!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    This costume won me five whole dollars! Which is about how much I spent on it.

KaufmanCostume_zpsaadedad7.jpg

I saw you on Reddit!

It's true, I own up to this.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The team about to go out on a job.
    1383276600_zps2f11bfda.jpg

As mentioned. We wandered around the neighborhood blasting the Ghostbusters theme out of the Proton Pack. At one point I forced Matt, the guy on the left, the wear the pack. I had never seen anyone else wear it.

Holy shit. I did a pretty good job building that thing.

Also here is a photo of my nephew dressed as the 4th Doctor Who, Tom Baker.
    WARNING. IT IS INCREDIBLY CUTE.
    1383276599_zps3d38663f.jpg

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I had about 30-40 trick or treaters, and one ding-dong ditcher

and they didn't even leave a flaming bag of poop. I'm so disappointed

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    We had three kids show up as one group. And that was it. I was disappointed. I remember in years past that we had at least 5 groups an hour from 6 till 10.

I guess the neighborhood ain't what it used to be.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I live in an ethnic enclave adjacent to a bustling street market area. Kids just avoid the homes and go straight to the stores for better candy. And free gold fish in bags.

It's that kind of neighborhood

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    LZrfDr8.jpg

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    We didn't get any trick or treaters last night, probably because of the weather, but our downstairs neighbor made steak and we drank several bottles of cheap wine and talked about Halloween and how much we all love it.

Now I am curled up on the couch with a canteen full of water and watching a self-imposed Goosebumps marathon on Netflix.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    We got no trick-or-treaters. There's a lot of kids in this neighborhood, so I was optimistic in my candy purchasing. I guess I'm going to have to eat all these peanut butter cups myself. Life is so unfair, haha.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I think my roommates got exactly one trick or treater last night, they were hoping for a lot more - all the crowds were three or four blocks away.

Not sure whether it's a good thing or a bad thing the giant bowl full of candy they bought isn't anything I particularly like. I mean I'll probably end up eating all hundred lollipops anyway but still.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Got around 200 kids, according to my parents' count. Also, some little jerks tried to come back twice and say they were never there. There's a reason we save year old candy I suppose ...

I'll put up pics of the house later when I'm at home. The fog was amazing this year.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    We got no trick-or-treaters. There's a lot of kids in this neighborhood, so I was optimistic in my candy purchasing. I guess I'm going to have to eat all these peanut butter cups myself. Life is so unfair, haha.

Freeze some of them.

And then whack them with a hammer.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    when I die wanna be baked into a giant peanut buttercup and let that be my coffin

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    We did not get many trick-or-treaters at my appartment, but we got some, so candy was handed out. Each time my husband lowered the bowl of candy to the child and asked 'We have Kit-Kats, Peanut Butter Cups, and Herseys, which kind do you want?' And the children would say which kind they wanted, and he would insist they take two of that kind. Except for one child. When asked which kind she wanted, she declared, "All of them!"

As that girl was dressed as a pirate, it was deemed an acceptable answer, and she was rewarded with two of each.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Follow up to yesterday's Salem-Witch-Refund:

Just got one for $66.60, but the round-trip is from Houston to Sydney.

I know nothing about Sydney's level of spookiness or theorhetical congress with The Beast.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Oh I'm working another Halloween.

At least my girlfriend looks good as Rosie the Riveter

did she run into a bunch more cause lemme tell you they were all over the place here! I knew it was a popular costume but dang

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    6 feet bunder

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    You know what my favorite thing is about any Superman reveal

It's the tie

Something about a pulled-loose tie, or heavens, blowing dramatically in the wind

Oh, the vapors

It would not surprise me in the least if there was a male stripper with a Superman theme.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Wait just a minute.

When did skittles change the green flavor to apple? What the heck was wrong with lime?

It's like I don't even know anything anymore.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    tumblr_mvkp3gXZxO1qbmyzgo1_500.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif