Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Welp found it, but man this quality is awful. I might make a new non-xmas one and ask someone to santa cap it up.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Can we post Christmas music yet? Here's 2 versions of one of my favorite Christmas songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVNzgUxE-g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXC0WD6agnk

Steam: offday
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh that's an easy one for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8

and a version by one of my favorite bands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVFvqwEF1W0

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Huh. I *thought* I was participating this year. Saw my name on the confirmed list at one point. Sent my info on Oct 8 according to Vanilla.

Oh well, if drops outs have caused any Santa shaped holes, I've got a Fig-D shaped peg to stick in there.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Huh. I *thought* I was participating this year. Saw my name on the confirmed list at one point. Sent my info on Oct 8 according to Vanilla.

Oh well, if drops outs have caused any Santa shaped holes, I've got a Fig-D shaped peg to stick in there.

!

Send a PM to @hypatia!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    When I was talking about shipping, I was talking domestically in the US. Pretty sure internationally, USPS is the cheapest by far regardless of whether you are using flat rate or not.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5rOO2v2dU

Bestest Christmas Song Ever!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »

:winky:

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Dear Santa, thought I would make the obligatory hint post.
    My wife and I just got 2DSs and Pokemon X and Y. I'm probably buying Pilotwings Resort (it's cheap) and maybe Mario 3D Land before Christmas but that's probably it as far as 3DS games. I have an Amazon wishlist that you can probably find pretty easily.

Because I'm a nerd I actually have a spreadsheet with a list of games/systems that I have. I haven't added the PS3/PS2 games that my wife has to it yet. I'll try to update it soon. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnjdou7gervuj13/Nintendo_Database.xls

Shirt size is 3XL or 2XL.

Other than that, you're on your own! I will be grateful for anything, Santa!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I have never played Pokemon. Have never been interested in it tbh but my god are people going nuts for it. People I work with who don't normally play games love it. Bizarre.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I have never played Pokemon. Have never been interested in it tbh but my god are people going nuts for it. People I work with who don't normally play games love it. Bizarre.

I hope your Santa buys you all available retail Pokémon games and a Pikachu 3DSXL.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I suppose I should do one of these, too.
    Dear Santa,
    I have amazon and steam wishlists that I keep up to date. If you find a backloggery don't trust it - I'm terrible at keeping it up-to-date. I've got LoZ: Link Between Worlds and R&C: Into the Nexus both pre-ordered. I'm also guaranteed to buy XCOM: Enemy Within on or before release day. Shirt size is XL or XXL if it looks like they run small. Consoles owned: 3DS, 360, PS3, pretty OK PC. I'm jclast pretty much everywhere so if you're looking at 360, PS3, or Steam then that's me. I've got 4 3-year old kids at home who love things that 3-year olds love like trains, Disney movies, and speaking unintelligibly with poor volume control. I like board games. I like reading (I tend to pick up sci-fi (recent favorite is John Scalzi), but if you've got a favorite I'd love to branch out). And I like Doctor Who, Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, Archer, and How I Met Your Mother (should be a decent cross-section of my TV habits). But most of all I like and will appreciate whatever comes my way. Don't take my wishlists as the only things I'd like - being surprised is awesome and I've found some of my favorite stuff by recommendation. If you want to coordinate with my wife have proxy send me a message and I'll get you her name for facebook messaging as she doesn't have a forum account here. Oh, and there's almost assuredly a PS4 in my future, but it won't be happening on or around launch - I'm saving my allowance for it and I'm only about halfway there.
    - Love, jclast

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Since apparently this is s thing now. ....
    size medium tops I guess. Don't really wear stuff with people or animals on it so it's probably a bit boring :p
    Own a vita ps 3 and have an average PC rig that slowly seems to be grinding to a halt think I need an exorcist for my room or something. So many busted PC components in the last 3 years.
    Don't have plans to buy a next gen console though I did have the PS 4 preordered. Had to cancel due to house restructuring and financial restrictions involving that. Need to get new everything basically; toaster, kettles, microwave, cooker and even sink, it's chaotic.
    I also have a laptop I completely forgot about somehow. Planned on getting a galaxy tab 2 but my store was sold out sadly. I have an android phone Galaxy s3 so a good fit there.

I'm a huge fan of the Legacy of Kain series and Raziel has got to be my favourite character of any game.

I think that about sums it all up. Above all else please please please have fun doing this.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular

I was the same way. Then I picked up Pokemon Y and I'm having fun with it. I'm even grinding areas to catch every available pokemon before moving on and grinding is usually something I LOATHE doing.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Heheh, I am reading all your tips.

Like I am stalking everyone!

/creeper

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »

I was the same way. Then I picked up Pokemon Y and I'm having fun with it. I'm even grinding areas to catch every available pokemon before moving on and grinding is usually something I LOATHE doing.

Same. Except for the grinding part. I actually like doing that. It's soothing.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Trying to Google up my hint post from last year, first hit is my gift get post! @Anarchy I am very much looking forward to getting Waterdeep out on to the table at a game night tomorrow. It has very much cemented itself as favourite game in my collection even a year on. Thanks again!

Finally found the bugger, hint post time!

Glad to see I'm still pretty much Google anonymous, though having a Texan city that shares my name helps there. Adding 'Nature Medicine' will help you hit the real me. Which will help you none at all but strokes my ego :P

Shirt Size: M. Rarely wear black T-Shirts these days.
    Consoles Owned: 360, WiiU, 3DS, PC.
    I have a Steam (JamWarrior) and a Gamertag (Jam Warrior UK).
    - All things Nintendo, esp Mario and Zelda and the merchandising associated therewith.
    - Games; As a man with limited time I like story driven concise experiences rather than sprawling epics these days. Also a big fan of the weirder end of the spectrum (Suda 51 etc).
    - Comics (Hellboy and his associated Universe, Yotsuba, Fables, Starting to pick up old Batmans)
    - Card games, board games, D&D.
    - Still a keen Geocacher (Team Bean UK)
    - Two daughters now! 3 and 0.5. The best handful.
    - Still on a bit of a LEGO kick that started last Christmas.
    - Books. I don't read enough and would love to read your favourite novel.

Not so good ideas:
    - Spirits (just not my thing)
    - Mainline obvious Nintendo games (Zelda, Mario etc) as my family is probably already getting them for me.

But that's all irrelevant because what's really fun about Secret Santa is discovering the new things that you like and want to share. Force your favourite things upon me! I'm ready for it.

Proxy The Elf me for my wife's email if you want to check if I already have something or not. Don't worry, she should understand what you're talking about as she talks geek.

And if all else fails I have an Amazon list I try to keep stocked with random stuff I fancy. http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/3LZ4ZKQ6DKAIN

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Trying to Google up my hint post from last year, first hit is my gift get post! @Anarchy I am very much looking forward to getting Waterdeep out on to the table at a game night tomorrow. It has very much cemented itself as favourite game in my collection even a year on. Thanks again!

Its just nice to know that its still getting some playtime! You are more than welcome :)

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Got a lot of new people this year too. I'm hoping they stick around proper in G&T, now that would be a great gift.

Really? I thought it felt like we had less "hey guys, sorry I lurk and never post!" types this year, but maybe you're right.
    I consider myself more of a forum ninja. It's like I was never here

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    According to my Santa, this is totally not a...

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Came home from a day of teaching 14 year olds how to play Settlers of Catan, 10 at a time. (Hobby day for students who did not go on a class trip). Fun, but exhausting.

Tomorrow will be teaching four different games at the same time to a room full of twenty.

But I digress. Exhausted, I check my email and find the following message.
    Greetings Judge-Z,
    My preliminary stalking (by which I mean glancing at your Steam account wishlist when I should have been working) showed that at one point in time you wanted to pick up Lord of The Rings: War in The North.
    By an amazing coincidence, that's one of the games in the current Humble Bundle (also discovered while I should have been working).
    Clearly, this was a sign telling me I should get back to work before my boss gets on my case, but I chose to interpret it as a sign that some pre-gifting giftage was in order in order to further bloat your backlog. It's what Santa does.

That said, here's your link for Scribblenauts, Arkham City GOTY, Arkham Asylum GOTY, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, F.E.A.R. 3 and Lord of the rings: War in the North.
    I know you own some of these titles already, but one does not go against the will of the Humble Bundle lightly.

This isn't the end Santee. I fear Christmas is just beginning.

Anonymous Santa Random Number

Holy crap, Santa! Thank you. It truly is fate. You have no idea how many times I have come close to buying War in the North, and put it off for inexplicable reasons!

You have already made my SS year, and you tease me with promises of more? Truly, Santa, you are a gentlebeing and scholar!

On a side note, I am going to take full responsibility for @jclast 's current love of Scalzi. Santee this year: you will be Scalzi'd!

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2013
    @deveric Perhaps it's time for an upgrade?
    IQsFAT5.png

@Sniperguy
    xqGJ33k.png

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Can I get a Christmas duck Rorus?

A Majestic, Christmas, Space Duck?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    @deveric Perhaps it's time for an upgrade?
    IQsFAT5.png

OH GOD I LOVE YOU. Seriously though, this is insanely awesome. Like made the day so much better. I have a final due tomorrow, and been going through my paper trying hammer out everything with this and trying not to get stressed with work being work and wham, this arrives. I almost considered making a GIFT GET post for this, but you aren't my santa. I think.

Seriously though, this is awesome.

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Hey Santa, Quick update for you:
    I just got Married! Planned acquisitions:
    Me and the new Wife (like first of this month new) have decided to give ourselves a PS4 for our Christmas Gift to each other
    I'm was also talked into getting a 3DS XL to replace my ancient three kinds of black 3DS. It comes with a game
    Other than that, some form of Pokemans will be coming at me soon after that thing releases.
    If you need anything else, Proxy me with the elf, or the other option that my initial message gave you

Dear Santee, you have decided to make this "difficult" but you are anything but hidden around here. Your name is already familiar to me, and the googles reveal things the arcade does not tell. Opening salvo to come. Wonderful photos

EDIT: I just googled myself (it's ok, the Wife was watching the whole time ;) ). None of those people on the first 100 or so pages are me. It is highly unlikely that you will find my FB account. You may find one of my trap accounts though. So there's that. A good starting path is my raptr account right down below.

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    cmsamocmsamo Registered User regular
    GOD Damn how did I miss sign ups for the SECOND year running!!!!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    Okay, as my Santa mentioned in his pregifting message, I already own some of the humble bundle titles. So, to spread his joy around, here are the two I already own, and didn't accidentally redeem in steam (oops, Arkham Asylum GOTY!) First come, first served. PM me for a code, specifying which game you would like.

FEAR 2
    Batman: Arkham City GOTY

I'll PM you the code. Thanks again, preSanta, and happy giftage from him to the lucky quickdraws!

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif

I came home from work this evening and had a nice little proxy elf message telling me to make sure to check my e-mail.

SS1_zps930ceffc.png
    What is this?
    SS2_zps25d7b2c2.png
    Scribblenauts Unlimited!
    This has been sitting on my wishlist for quite some time now.
    I am going to verb so many nouns you guys.
    So many.

Thanks Santa, you glorious, mysterious, Santa!

Lost on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Santa:
    It seems that googling my name produces a bunch of people that are not me. Sorry, Santa, but you won't find me that way. I have a PS3 and my gaming PC, and I use this name for both of them. Might have a PS4, depending on whether other people decide to gift one. Not planning to make any more major purchases for those systems this year.

My shirt size is XL, and any kind of alcohol is nice, although I'm not a huge fan of stouts.

Also I don't have a Christmas avatar handy, so if anyone could help Mr. Metal Slug over here get in the proper spirit, it'd be appreciated.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I have started a pot of apple butter. This is pretty much a tradition in my house, as soon as apples fall under $1 a pound I peel and core 8lbs of 'em and make my years supply. In the morning my house will smell like holidays.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Oh Santee

I have no idea what to get for you. Well, I had one idea but it was, erm, legally questionable. So that's out.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    I have started a pot of apple butter. This is pretty much a tradition in my house, as soon as apples fall under $1 a pound I peel and core 8lbs of 'em and make my years supply. In the morning my house will smell like holidays.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does one use apple butter for/on? I'm totally unfamiliar with it but it sounds delicious and intriguing.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I always just put it on toast. I'm not sure if that's the proper use, but it's delicious.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Apple butter is one of the greatest things ever invented. I usually get mine from the orchard I go apple-picking at.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Farangu wrote: »
    Santa:
    It seems that googling my name produces a bunch of people that are not me. Sorry, Santa, but you won't find me that way. I have a PS3 and my gaming PC, and I use this name for both of them. Might have a PS4, depending on whether other people decide to gift one. Not planning to make any more major purchases for those systems this year.

My shirt size is XL, and any kind of alcohol is nice, although I'm not a huge fan of stouts.

Also I don't have a Christmas avatar handy, so if anyone could help Mr. Metal Slug over here get in the proper spirit, it'd be appreciated.

@Farangu
    farangusanta_zps8ed4411b.gif

see317 on
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular

Pardon my ignorance, but what does one use apple butter for/on? I'm totally unfamiliar with it but it sounds delicious and intriguing.

It's, uh, kind of like jam? You basically cook apples and sugar and spices down until they turn deep brown. It's smooth and delicious. Put it on toast/english muffins/biscuits/whatever. I use apple butter in thumbprint cookies, and on pork loin, and a bunch of other stuff. Best breakfast is a slice of toast topped with apple butter, cheddar, and bacon.

One of these years I'll be able to actually can (no space) instead of just freezer canning and I'll send apple butter to every santee I get. It will be glorious.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options

It's, uh, kind of like jam? You basically cook apples and sugar and spices down until they turn deep brown. It's smooth and delicious. Put it on toast/english muffins/biscuits/whatever. I use apple butter in thumbprint cookies, and on pork loin, and a bunch of other stuff. Best breakfast is a slice of toast topped with apple butter, cheddar, and bacon.

One of these years I'll be able to actually can (no space) instead of just freezer canning and I'll send apple butter to every santee I get. It will be glorious.

Yeah - apple butter is basically a very smooth, very spiced jam. It's also really fantastic on pancakes (and johnnycakes, but no one knows what those are). Ooh - or stirred into oatmeal or grits.

It's kind of a country Americana thing, I guess.

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Yeah - apple butter is basically a very smooth, very spiced jam. It's also really fantastic on pancakes (and johnnycakes, but no one knows what those are). Ooh - or stirred into oatmeal or grits.

Ok, this sounds awesome. I'm sad I've never had it before, thanks for filling me in guys. I think I'm gonna try it and maybe it'll be an addition to the "Must Have for Christmas" list.

I'm curious... What do you guys (by this I mean anyone) consider your, say, top 3 things that really make it Christmas/Holidays for you? Top 3 "must haves", besides the obvious; trees, family, etc.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Farangu wrote: »
    Santa:

@Farangu
    farangusanta_zps8ed4411b.gif

I'm so happy right now

• Options

Ok, this sounds awesome. I'm sad I've never had it before, thanks for filling me in guys. I think I'm gonna try it and maybe it'll be an addition to the "Must Have for Christmas" list.

I'm curious... What do you guys (by this I mean anyone) consider your, say, top 3 things that really make it Christmas/Holidays for you? Top 3 "must haves", besides the obvious; trees, family, etc.

1. Watching Die Hard with my wife's family and Muppet Christmas with my family
    2. My mom making her lovely deviled eggs and Swedish meatballs
    3. Agonizing over shopping for my parents, as my mom wants "nothing" and my dad wants "liquor"

• Options

1) Christmas music. If it isn't Bing Crosby and Burl Ives singing (and to a lesser extent, the Barenaked Ladies), it isn't Christmas yet.
    2) Snow on the ground. At least once.
    3) Lighting the first candle of the Advent wreath at Mass. At that point, well, "it has begun." [/MK]