Options

OLD THREAD: Don't post 'til you see the whites of their Steam sales!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Any hot mistakes yet? On the scale of that time they sold Sleeping Dogs for 4 dollars, or that Blood Dragon sale from last time?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    So I played a few minutes of Pinball FX2 tonight. Yeah, that V12 table can go suck a cock. If you have any talent and/or know what you're doing, I'm sure it's fine. For me, I think the ball went between the flippers once in three games. Every other time it went out the unprotected side slot (which I think might be called the "drain" by pinball people.) It was kinda nice that multiball happened slightly more often than a WASP sneered at somebody's wine selection, but when each of those balls gets sunk without a chance to actually be hit, it's somewhat less fun.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I just looked at some screenshots for Super Hexagon. That game looks terrifying.

It's the most sadistic goddamn thing I've ever played.

It's pretty brilliant.

All you do is go left or right. It's pure game.

Yeah. I can't even bother with the third level. My reflexes can't handle it. It's a shame, because it has the best music!

Although I'd argue that you go clockwise and counterclockwise rather than left and right.

No, you're moving left and right on a line. The circle is an illusion.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I just looked at some screenshots for Super Hexagon. That game looks terrifying.

It's the most sadistic goddamn thing I've ever played.

It's pretty brilliant.

I want to go ahead and say this...

You ever play Super Meat Boy?

You ever think "this game needs to be harder more sadistic" ?

Then did you think "I really wish I could co-op this with 4 people" ?

And then think "Fuck co-op I want to be able to sabotage their attempts and kill them whilst mocking them mercilessly on their failure to complete a level" ?

Then you need some Bloody Trapland
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6jRtXZW0iE
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/257750

It isn't on any worthy sale yet but it was finally just released on Steam after a very lengthy delay from greenlight to listing due to a paperwork backup.

iRevert on
  • Options
    Corpekata wrote: »
    https://indiegamestand.com/?ppy Papo & Yo for 1 dollar. Steam key.

Interesting....You could buy a lot of copies and store them for a rainy day.

It could be the new Bad Rats! Except, you know, decidedly less terrible.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Firebird wrote: »
    Note to self;
    Next time, rather putting a game in your inventory to gift later, check and see if no one has it.....

WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE HAVE TERRARIA!?

Well, it's been down to $2.49 a couple of times before.

If you really can't find anybody who doesn't have it, throw it up in an open Steamgifts.com giveaway. There are always takers for free stuff on there.

I already have someone in mind outside the Steam thread, but I am already gifting him Elite Sniper: Nazi Zombies, and that was really more of a reason so I could tear him away from his Xbox One.

Does that seem imposing to anyone?

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I've had Berylline's gift hanging over my head unthanked all evening while I took the family with bonus visiting Grandma out to dinner. Get back, post thanks, yay!

But what's this?

yqLWadZ.jpg

@Crayon, you are doing a terrible job of not gifting!

Thank you so much for this. Just the trailer resonated with the ol' heart strings when I first saw it. Then the accolades from thread sages started rolling in and I knew I'd have to play it (hopefully before it's spoiled? Is there even a big reveal? Don't tell me!). Thanks again. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i know this isn't really a steam Q but: any idea where to find the best price on bf4 this weekend?

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i know this isn't really a steam Q but: any idea where to find the best price on bf4 this weekend?

Slickdeals shows Amazon will have BF4 for $29.99 starting 11/29. I haven't seen cheaper, and I doubt we will.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I don't know anyone who has had a good time with BF4. Apparently it's super crashy and unreliable.

But IsThereAnyDeal says try Nuuvem?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Steamgifts is back and winners have been chosen:

Thomas Was Alone goes to: @MoosehatIV

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines goes to: @Emberquick

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition goes to: @JMan711

and Skyrim: Legendary Edition goes to: @Unco-ordinated

Sorry about the lateness of the selection. I just want to thank everyone again for making this community so great.

Fact: Aistan is the classiest person this side of the Mississippi.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

I feel like this is a mistake. P&Y seems like the kind of title that could make a killing as a daily on steam for like $3.50. Pay what you want (aka $1 for a Steam key) right now seems like it's just going to undercut any normal sale traffic.

Dunno. Maybe it's right. I really like this game and want the devs to make money to make more games with this kind of design, gameplay and feels.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular

I don't know anyone who has had a good time with BF4. Apparently it's super crashy and unreliable.

BF4 on PC has been super smooth for me so far, no crashes at all and I've been having a ton of fun. It's a great game.

Though, I might not be the typical case.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    that buggy? i assumed that had been fixed since i heard about it. i guess not. eh. now i'm scurred.

• Options
    Total sweetheart @Berylline just gifted me what seems to be RPG Dance Dance Fingerlution, and by that I mean Sequence.

I smell boobin' good times!
    A 'gracias' to Bery! *internet hugs*

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Iolo wrote: »

I feel like this is a mistake. P&Y seems like the kind of title that could make a killing as a daily on steam for like $3.50. Pay what you want (aka $1 for a Steam key) right now seems like it's just going to undercut any normal sale traffic.

Dunno. Maybe it's right. I really like this game and want the devs to make money to make more games with this kind of design, gameplay and feels.

Does anyone here know the story behind this game? It's quite intriguing....
    I happen to love when creators put a bit of their own life-story into their works.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

Most likely not a mistake because Indie Game Stand has always sold their games at $1 minimum. This is probably their biggest game so far, though. And Papo & Yo is currently $3.74 on Steam for the duration of the sale.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular

I happen to love when creators put a bit of their own life-story into their works.

I only know the most basic information, but the inspiration for the game came from the creator's childhood, growing up with an alcoholic father.

• Options

I'm not saying Bad Rats is $0.49 right now on sale

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So the artwork in The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav is simply eye-meltingly gorgeous. I spend as much time admiring the details and touches as I do playing the game. It's going to take me twice as long to finish as it would take anyone else. :P

Loving the game so far - Thanks again @BigDes!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Are the Pinball FX2 tables listed sensibly on Steam? Like, are there just packs and individuals but not both? I guess what I am asking for sure is this - if I, without owning any tables, just hit the "add all DLC to cart" button would I get everything once or would I get some of it twice due to stuff being available a la carte and as part of a pack?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    it must be Steam sale time. @Custom Special got in the first salvo...Hammer Watch. Hrmm...how to retaliate... :)

• Options

@Organichu

Amazon will have it for (I believe) $25 on Friday (but it might be the $30 price and $5 credit next year on the editors choice)
    Gamestop will have it for $30 on Friday

@cooljammer00

I've got currently 165 hours and 22 minutes played in BF4 and I can tell you that it is a metric fuckton better than it was at launch. You will need to adjust a few settings using realmware's BF4 setting editor but beyond that it is in acceptable shape.

There still are crashes but its down from crashing twice per round to once per few hours (for me at least), there is still a soundbug on one map but that is being addressed soon in a patch, and there are some balancing issues with vehicles that are being worked on. The one shot kill bug (headshot multiplier bug) is also being fixed shortly so if you bought it now I'd say you wouldn't be as pissed as we were when it launched.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    rogue legacy and gone home for 10 Bucks. Done and done. I don't even know what else I am hoping for in the coming dale. I guess spec ops but that's about it.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Thanks @Firebird for Another World.

....mah cruuuubah.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Are the Pinball FX2 tables listed sensibly on Steam? Like, are there just packs and individuals but not both? I guess what I am asking for sure is this - if I, without owning any tables, just hit the "add all DLC to cart" button would I get everything once or would I get some of it twice due to stuff being available a la carte and as part of a pack?

First get this, then get what's left.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Gone Home purchased, consumed and enjoyed
    I liked it, I liked that it had a more upbeat ending that some other "feels" games and I liked the early misdirection. I was a little surprised it wasn't a little more "gamey". I figured I'd be picking up all sorts of items and spinning them around to find secret codes written on the bottom; but nope! Most of that crap is either out in the open or at most in a drawer or behind a panel. Still, it was a fun two hours and worth $5 I think.

Long story short; worth $5 IMO.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Yes, but you should probably get the humble bundle before it ends tomorrow

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

I actually bought it the other day. Just wondering how much I need to spend to beef up my collection and this computer with its tiny screen and slow internet aren't making my research any easier. I know the 360 had them available as both packs and individuals and I thought that was weird because I could have bought the same tables twice if I wasn't paying attention.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Many many thanks to @Redmenace for Beyond Good & Evil! After getting that suggestion on the thread, I've really been looking forward to trying it out!

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »

I only know the most basic information, but the inspiration for the game came from the creator's childhood, growing up with an alcoholic father.

Which probably means it's the last thing I'll ever want to play.

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

Oh dear. Proposed Bad Rats Cards/Emoticons/Backgrounds for Steam Trading Card Service
    4EF5404A922A7819925ABA567880C83DEA4337CC

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

Oh dear. Proposed Bad Rats Cards/Emoticons/Backgrounds for Steam Trading Card Service
    4EF5404A922A7819925ABA567880C83DEA4337CC

Hamstersex thinks it's great so obviously we're good to move forward.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    So I played a few minutes of Pinball FX2 tonight. Yeah, that V12 table can go suck a cock. If you have any talent and/or know what you're doing, I'm sure it's fine. For me, I think the ball went between the flippers once in three games. Every other time it went out the unprotected side slot (which I think might be called the "drain" by pinball people.) It was kinda nice that multiball happened slightly more often than a WASP sneered at somebody's wine selection, but when each of those balls gets sunk without a chance to actually be hit, it's somewhat less fun.

Ahh, so THAT'S why pinball is so popular in this thread...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    my god, so many people are gonna fing hate you in a little bit @firebird. Hahaha.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Dear Steam Thread,

I lied to you and I'm sorry.

Back in 2011, I told you all that I was going to buy the Skyrim Everything Package for $5.00 in the 2014 Christmas Sale. My first lie was that the Everything Package (apparently called Legendary Edition now) will not be $5 in 2014. It will still be twenty bucks. My second lie was that I was going to buying it. As I was locating then feeding the hedgehogs, I saw that @Iolo decided to gift me Skyrim.

Thank you, kind sir, but this shall not stand. When you gifted me Borderlands 2, I was content to pay it forward. Now with Skyrim, you sir have gone on my list. In fact, you've gone to (near) the top of it. My memory may be that of a cheesecloth, but the list never forgets!

Also, I hope you don't mind that I'm not going to be installing it until I get my next PC together early next year. Those "what Bethesda meant" mods always chew up the megahurtz. Thank you!

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Drovek wrote: »

I actually bought it the other day. Just wondering how much I need to spend to beef up my collection and this computer with its tiny screen and slow internet aren't making my research any easier. I know the 360 had them available as both packs and individuals and I thought that was weird because I could have bought the same tables twice if I wasn't paying attention.

A table is either single or in a pack, there is no way to double up. Get whatever you don't have and you're fine.

And are you sure you're thinking about Pinball FX 2 on the 360? I was on that bandwagon the day it released and they've always sold the tables the same was as they do on Steam (single/packs with no doubles).

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options

Well, I imagine the impact would be much greater for someone coming from a similar background than for others. I don't want to go into too much detail and spoil anything, but it's really about the boy coming to terms with it, and what he decides to do at that point. It's about healing and is really well done. That being said, I'm not going to try to tell you or anyone else that you should play it if you don't think it would be a positive experience.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Okay, Gone Home. I know I'll like you. You know I'll like you. But let's get together over Winter Sale when I can put aside some time to savor you.

No Gone Home, please don't look at me like that. It's not you, it's me right now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular

Well, I imagine the impact would be much greater for someone coming from a similar background than for others. I don't want to go into too much detail and spoil anything, but it's really about the boy coming to terms with it, and what he decides to do at that point. It's about healing and is really well done. That being said, I'm not going to try to tell you or anyone else that you should play it if you don't think it would be a positive experience.

It'd just be a huge emotional mine field for me. When I first saw that game I was super intrigued by the art style too, because that stuff is just gorgeous, but man... there's feels and then there are feels.

This discussion has been closed.