Options

[chat]en tenders for lunch

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    If the guy is your friend, you do have a moral obligation to tell him.

But if it's this girl's boyfriend who you've never met, while it's still not unreasonable to consider telling him (or his CO), you are not obliged to.

There are consequences if EB involves himself and tattles; EB's roommate will hate him for ruining her relationship with her boyfriend. The boyfriend will be hurt by the roommate's betrayal.

True, but ultimately childish. Instead, the roommate should hate herself for being an unfaithful liar.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I no longer understand this world

Ikaruga is up on steam. $10

arcsys put blazblue on steam!!!

...the first one

there's been three sequels / big releases since that one came out :S

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    On the other hand

my roommate is bringing home guys while her boyfriend that she 'looooooooooooooves' is deployed over seas

Valentines Day she arranges this big bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table that he sent her

next night random dude in her room

i've only lived with her for a month so i dont know her guy or would bother to get involved with that situation even if i did since i'm the one who lives with her

but yeah it also makes me sick to my stomach

Fuck that, call his CO.

you want to drop it on a guy in a warzone that his gf is cheating on him?

i'd rather he focused on staying alive

No! Call his CO. Let the person who knows the guy's situation deal with it.

"Deployed overseas" might mean shifting crates in a warehouse in Germany.

yeah but if he's at a FOB that shit can be dangerous I dunno about this advice
    From what I understand soldiers being cheated on is incredibly common. I'm p sure the CO would know what to do and whether to pass it on or not. They most likely have experience.

Not every CO is a good CO, I'd be pretty uncomfortable about it. He's just as cheated on when he gets back.

True, but he has a lot more money and no expectations of a happy reunion with the trick he thinks he's dating.

possibly, but the whole plan just reeks a little to me of someone being super gung ho about doing the "right" thing and sticking it to that "trick" and I start thinking about what roads to hell are paved with.

I don't think it's ever good to be party to a lie or a breach of trust. "If you kept my bullshit secret, this bad thing wouldn't have happened" isn't compelling to me.

In all cases, the blame for that bad thing falls on the liar, not on the one who exposed it.

I disagree, but I get where you're coming from.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    what's next, steam? You going to give me pc versions of Breath of Fire III and IV?

DO

WANT

I'd kill for them

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Funny thing about all this is when I moved in and met her, found out she had a boyfriend etc. I looked her up and down and thought to myself: "nope"

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    *props his feet up on a stack of hand-made comics zines from the LA Zine Fest*

As a comics hipster,

the comics shop I went to on Monday was totes hip

about half of it was dedicated to vinyl records or little quarterly journals or hand made comics

the image comics were stuffed ignobly in with valiant comics to save space

What how dare they

Image releases some good stuff

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    gooby is gonna be sucking so much d out by the dumpster.

Ummm...Gooby's corporate. If anything he'll be giving blumpies in the executive washroom.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    I no longer understand this world

Ikaruga is up on steam. $10

arcsys put blazblue on steam!!!

...the first one

there's been three sequels / big releases since that one came out :S

meh

MEH

they put local co-op only first one on steam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    I got a raise. I make six figures now. Party time?

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    How do I get invited to a private subreddit?

r/pentaho sounds like the motherfucking promised land, but I cant get to it.

-tehsloth
    -syndalis
    -feral
    -"other nerds and BIG DATA types"

I dunno how to reddits yo -- I'm surprised I'm not more familiar with that company though being from Orlando -- I'm not really into BI stuff though and it looks like their main focus is a BI layer on top of the actual big data housing through stuff like hadoop or sql or whatever other DB you're using.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

But if it's this girl's boyfriend who you've never met, while it's still not unreasonable to consider telling him (or his CO), you are not obliged to.

There are consequences if EB involves himself and tattles; EB's roommate will hate him for ruining her relationship with her boyfriend. The boyfriend will be hurt by the roommate's betrayal.

True, but ultimately childish. Instead, the roommate should hate herself for being an unfaithful liar.

yeah this is not a super compelling reason to not tell him

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    On the other hand

my roommate is bringing home guys while her boyfriend that she 'looooooooooooooves' is deployed over seas

Valentines Day she arranges this big bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table that he sent her

i've only lived with her for a month so i dont know her guy or would bother to get involved with that situation even if i did since i'm the one who lives with her

Yeah, whatever else might be said about affairs, they make me profoundly sad.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    ikaruga on steam led to the wiki page for it, led to a google search for the model kit, led to this description:
    [Alas, Ikaruga is going ... without being desired, those moving from their fleeting life and abandoned.
    It was none other than pride of those who have the will to live. ]

- Shooting game world by storm once [Ikaruga] player from the machine Ikaruga
    [Advanced Purakitto] as it revives!
    - Brush up by Mr. Suzuki Yasushi certified original designers who produced the game's garage kits Ooya professional world before I was released, the Review form] [additional details] made, a new outfit / 生Mare変Warimashi as Sukerupurakitto 144 or.
    - Dare [Advanced Purakitto] in which it would have been omitted if ordinary items
    Form of a true three-dimensional detail.
    - Impressive in a game [release of power] by the state fire replacement expression can be reproduced by accretion and arm replacement also.
    - Each pattern of the aircraft [Mold] and [decal] Reproduced in.
    - Pedestal boss [Bruno bright yellow mass 産土神 (Ubusunagamioukinokai) produced some of the motifs.
    - Feel more excitement.
    - Further package drawn up to his professional Itadakimashita Suzuki Yasushi original designers.
    - Total length 155mm kit while boasting the highest amount of information Kotobukiyapurakitto [Ikaruga fly liquid iron [White]] Please come and enjoy.

※ This product assembly of adhesive is required.

( This is an automatic translation. Please allow for possible misinterpretations in the text. )

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm enjoying dead island

I mean, I'm playing it kind of compulsively but I'm not sure I'm having any fun

Also has that RPG problem where I'm not quite sure if the combat is really clunky or if it's just that my guy is very low level and has shitty starting weapons

My knife broke after stabbing less than a dozen zombies in the face. At that point I turned the game off.
    Durability in zombie games is a stupid mechanic.

Yeah that was a little odd

"Oh no! I have worn out my length of steel pipe!"

It's also kind of offputting how the animations for a lot of the weapons don't relate to what actually happens. Big sweeping 180 degree swings of a bat that pass through your enemy's body but inexplicably don't hit, etc.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

You're talking about what should happen, I'm talking about what will happen. I'm pretty sure I would play the coward and pretend I didn't see anything if I were in this situation.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    One thing that bugs me about working the triage office is that the front window has a big fuck-off sign that says quite clearly, "SIGN IN HERE" over the pile of clipboards , and yet people all day just come up to the window and stand there until I tell them what to do.

I've been to hospitals and dr's offices where no one will look at that list for like... 40 minutes.

I can see why they'd want to have someone acknowledge that they've arrived.

Hospitals are the worst about this. If it's not by ambulance it's obviously not critical!

As the guy next to me holds an open wound in his chest weeping blood because he lives like a mile from the hospital and walked there.

It is all about acknowledgment, isn't it?

People just want to know that someone is paying attention to them.

As for the ambulance thing, it's pretty unfair, but it's the way the system is set up. You can't hardly triage an ambulance patient into the waiting room, so they end up getting priority even when they shouldn't.

I'd probably have an stretcher triage separate from the rest of the waiting room in this regard. Surprised they don't do something like that.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

-tehsloth
    -syndalis
    -feral

I dunno how to reddits yo -- I'm surprised I'm not more familiar with that company though being from Orlando -- I'm not really into BI stuff though and it looks like their main focus is a BI layer on top of the actual big data housing through stuff like hadoop or sql or whatever other DB you're using.

Now, I'm not saying that I would be grateful if you strolled over to their office and burnt it to the fucking ground, but, well, you aren't familiar with them so you wouldn't likely be a suspect, and I imagine certain individuals would appreciate it.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I disconnected with one of my closest friends from high school because he apparently thought my house was a totally cool place to bring girls to cheat on his girlfriend/fiance/wife.

I would come home and he'd already be there with some random girl and I'm all :|

So I told his wife one day, and he never spoke to me again. They had three kids in the next five years and then he divorced her.

• Options
    P10 wrote: »

THIS CONTENT IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO SUBSCRIBERS TO THE CHRONICLE OF HIGHER EDUCATION

paywalls are fucking stupid, but I know at least one way that incoming college freshmen are getting fucked: They have to pay for bullshit like this.

• Options

• Options

A big-ass pop-up is blocking the story. How do you close it?

• Options

Allllmost as stupid as needing to rest / eat.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

-tehsloth
    -syndalis
    -feral

Now, I'm not saying that I would be grateful if you strolled over to their office and burnt it to the fucking ground, but, well, you aren't familiar with them so you wouldn't likely be a suspect, and I imagine certain individuals would appreciate it.

I think @delmain actually lives super close -- I imagine he can help out.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

you pay them

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    On the other hand

Fuck that, call his CO.

From what I understand soldiers being cheated on is incredibly common. I'm p sure the CO would know what to do and whether to pass it on or not. They most likely have experience.

Not every CO is a good CO, I'd be pretty uncomfortable about it. He's just as cheated on when he gets back.

Not only is it possibly $1000+ a month if he's paying her living expenses, cheaters sometimes do awful things like drain bank accounts or steal cars / pets when they know the free ride is about to end. I don't know how entwined their finances are but if she's paying his bills with his money, cutting that access off before she abuses it could be very important.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

THIS CONTENT IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO SUBSCRIBERS TO THE CHRONICLE OF HIGHER EDUCATION

paywalls are fucking stupid, but I know at least one way that incoming college freshmen are getting fucked: They have to pay for bullshit like this.

looking at the little blurb thing, it appears one college is going to stop accepting ap credits and instead force kids to take all their general electives

presumably to make those dollars

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    oh, sorry, get #rekt.

the story is about how william and mary is no longer allowing students to place out of general ed. requirements with APs

fucking sux 4 those chumps because i already made out like a bandit with my APs

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    One thing that bugs me about working the triage office is that the front window has a big fuck-off sign that says quite clearly, "SIGN IN HERE" over the pile of clipboards , and yet people all day just come up to the window and stand there until I tell them what to do.

I've been to hospitals and dr's offices where no one will look at that list for like... 40 minutes.

I can see why they'd want to have someone acknowledge that they've arrived.

Hospitals are the worst about this. If it's not by ambulance it's obviously not critical!

As the guy next to me holds an open wound in his chest weeping blood because he lives like a mile from the hospital and walked there.

It is all about acknowledgment, isn't it?

People just want to know that someone is paying attention to them.

As for the ambulance thing, it's pretty unfair, but it's the way the system is set up. You can't hardly triage an ambulance patient into the waiting room, so they end up getting priority even when they shouldn't.

I'd probably have an stretcher triage separate from the rest of the waiting room in this regard. Surprised they don't do something like that.

That would require extra staff and resources, i.e. money, and this is capitalism, friend. Healthcare ain't go no room fer commies.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Spend moneys.

• Options

-tehsloth
    -syndalis
    -feral

I think delmain actually lives super close -- I imagine he can help out.

excellent.
    let's strangers on a train this shit.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Richy wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Men beating up the guys who sleep with their missus isn't about assigning blame, it's about male feelings of ownership, public image, following established routes of action, feeling emasculated or whatever and so forth.

No it's not. It's about getting revenge, about getting even with a guy who wronged you. It may not be the most noble of sentiments, but it's definitely one we can all understand and relate to. Well, all of us who won't sit in chat and lie about having never had an urge to beat the crap out of someone who's wronged us badly in some way.

And being upset that your girlfriend/wife cheated on you to the point you'd feel violent has nothing to do with "male feelings of ownership" of women. Trust and faithfulness in a relationship is not ownership, and the devastating hurt you feel when that trust is betrayed in the most horrible way by the person you entrusted the most is not due to some archaic established male-female power relation.

So I guess you saw that first bit of my post, fell into a blind, violent rage and didn't bother reading further?

Want to add some bits there to take the place of the 'whatever and so forth'? Go right ahead. The point I was addressing was someone saying going after the other guy was weird because he wasn't the only one to blame.

I have read your entire post. It's quoted in its intact entirety right there before mine.

The guy who did the cheating is not the only one to blame, for sure, but he is one of those to blame (assuming he had a way of knowing or suspecting the girl was in a relationship), and there's nothing weird about assigning blame to him. What's weird is you dismissing that as only due to some archaic feelings of male ownership of women, rather than due to the very real betrayal of trust one person had in another.

Or, you know, the other stuff I said, like following established routes of action for that kind of situation, like hitting things because you're mad or hurt and when you've been hurt you just gotta hit something.

But you want to hit the other guy because your spouse betrayed your trust? Unless this other guy is a friend of yours he's betrayed jack shit in the way of your trust, and you're just hitting him to make yourself feel better. Which, you know, is kinda dumb.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    It doesn't get blocked for me.
    Maybe it's because I'm connected through an EDU.
    And they send us their giant ass papers every week.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    On the other hand

Fuck that, call his CO.

Also this will just totally destroy Brian's living situation

Doesn't seem prudent

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

Allllmost as stupid as needing to rest / eat.

Agreed, unless eating is just quick health/mana boosters.

So many developers mistake games for tedium simulators. I honestly am shocked that it's still so prevalent.

• Options
    I disconnected with one of my closest friends from high school because he apparently thought my house was a totally cool place to bring girls to cheat on his girlfriend/fiance/wife.

I would come home and he'd already be there with some random girl and I'm all :|

So I told his wife one day, and he never spoke to me again. They had three kids in the next five years and then he divorced her.

o_O

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    jeffinva wrote: »
    I got a raise. I make six figures now. Party time?

Sir, may I interest you in a special chat thread just for people of a more, ahem, discerning taste.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    it's pretty hilarious watching the online reactions to the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer

especially among non-comic book fans who had never heard of this series and only knew it as "Marvel's new superhero movie"

and they're like what is this, it looks completely insane

• Options

o_O

Oh, on top of that, he bitched all the time while were in school about his deadbeat dad that treated his mom like shit.

This discussion has been closed.