Options

[Superhero Movies] Scott Derrickson says something STRANGE is afoot! (p.56)

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    James Gunn just posted this:
    Sometimes you have friends in a relationship. You love each of them dearly as individuals and think they're amazing people. When they talk to you about their troubles, you do everything you can to support them, to keep them together, because if you love them both so much doesn't it make sense they should love each other? But little by little you realize, at heart, they aren't meant to be together - not because there's anything wrong with either of them, but they just don't have personalities that mesh in a comfortable way. They don't make each other happy. Although it's sad to see them split, when they do, you're surprisingly relieved, and excited to see where their lives take them next.
    It's easy to try to make one party "right" and another party "wrong" when a breakup happens, but it often isn't that simple. Or perhaps it's even more simple than that - not everyone belongs in a relationship together. It doesn't mean they're not wonderful people.
    And that's true of both Edgar Wright and Marvel. One of them isn't a person, but I think you get what I mean.
    This really makes the "Wright was too perfectionist and Marvel wanted to tweak the script too much for him" stuff sound pretty accurate

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Avengers 2 rumory spoilers regarding characters showing up
    I thought he only had a cameo in Avengers 2, and they recently said Falcon has one as well?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    I thought he only had a cameo in Avengers 2, and they recently said Falcon has one as well?
    He has a small part but Fiege and Cheadle have said it is an important one, cameo seems too minor.

And nah, Anthony Mackie said he hadn't been asked to come back when filming on AoU had already started so he almost certainly isn't showing up.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So I'm supposed to go with people to see X-Men tonight at a drive-in

I have not seen First Class and there is nowhere to watch it On Demand

This is probably gonna be a rough one for me, isn't it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    He has a small part but Fiege and Cheadle have said it is an important one, cameo seems too minor.

And nah, Anthony Mackie said he hadn't been asked to come back when filming on AoU had already started so he almost certainly isn't showing up.

I swear I saw an article in the past week or two saying things have changed regarding the Falcon.

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Naaaaah

all you need to know:

Erik and Charles were buddies and formed a proto-X-Men, including Mystique who Charles grew up with as, essentially, a foster-sister.

They attempted to save the day during the Cuban Missile Crisis but ended up being attacked by both sides, Erik went full-Magneto and accidentally crippled Charles before running off with Mystique.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    The tag on the end of Avengers 1 (while not a detailed scene at all) was shot literal DAYS before the premiere.

If they want Falcon in, as of 35 seconds ago, he will be in.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options

I swear I saw an article in the past week or two saying things have changed regarding the Falcon.
    There is one from JoBlo but it also says Cheadle's role is a cameo when Cheadle and Fiege have said it is a pretty important role, although small in screentime.

I'm gonna trust Mackie saying he isn't in it over JoBlo

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014

There is one from JoBlo but it also says Cheadle's role is a cameo when Cheadle and Fiege have said it is a pretty important role, although small in screentime.

I'm gonna trust Mackie saying he isn't in it over JoBlo

When is the last time Mackie said he wasn't in it? Things can change, man. :)

I'm just glad I wasn't imagining things.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

This guy is a writer for the Hollywood Reporter, this may be legit.

• Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    The tag on the end of Avengers 1 (while not a detailed scene at all) was shot literal DAYS before the premiere.

If they want Falcon in, as of 35 seconds ago, he will be in.
    It was actually days after the premiere in the UK

but yeah they can add him if they want, but it wouldn't be quite as easy as the shawarma scene because it would require CGI

You can definitely be skeptical as Marvel has been tricky, but I'm gonna take Mackie's word over "well they could add him"

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

This is the dude who said Marvel couldn't call Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch a year ago

Kevin Fiege said Marvel doesn't have the rights to Namor, so

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

That contradicts what Kevin Feige said though. You'd figure he'd know for sure, and I don't see why things would have changed since then.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    post post credits scene for avengers 2 is all the secondary characters sitting in the shawarma restaurant muttering about how nobody bothers to call them when evil robots start blowing shit up

• Options
    edited May 2014
    post post post credits scene is all the still-alive villains eating shamwows and complaining about not being in future movies.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I just realized, it would be kinda awesome if starting in Avengers 2, they borrowed the idea currently going on in Avengers/New Avengers.

Just a short little scene with Tony and Steve where Tony is like "We have to get bigger".

POTENTIAL AVENGERS 2 SPOILERS THAT WERE LEAKED A LITTLE WHILE AGO
    Especially if the rumor that in the wake of SHIELD collapsing, Tony is now funding the team and branding them himself.

They should use the same, awesome graphic and everything.

Spoilered for huge graphic.
    avengers-map.jpg

And have Rhodey in a circle, and maybe an easter egg in there, or Daredevil, and have Tony say something like "I'm filling the ranks out myself with people I have an eye on, but by all means if you know of..."

and Cap cuts him off and says "Sam Wilson".

And then use that graphic in the background and stuff for everything going forward. The roster of heroes considered Avengers. And then draw off that list for any Avengers movie, forever.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Avengers 3 is going to be a major turning point for the MCU, isn't it

I mean that's RDJ's last movie per his current contract, right? So you'll have to figure out what to do with that.

Same with Chris Evans, although I guess he'll have Captain America 3 the year after

I guess I'm not sure about Chris Hemsworth or any of the others

there's a reason phase 3 is setting up a bunch of new franchises

Because sequels suck and the Marvel toy chest has 5,000+ characters (which Disney made a huge deal about during the purchase).

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Alright so when do we get West Coast Avengers.

Hawkeye, Rhodey, and Vision can go make their own Avengers.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Mr. G wrote: »

You know how Xavier and Mags started out friends and then became enemies? Well, in the process Mystique went with Magneto.

Congratulations. You're caught up.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I think DoFP is actually better if you didn't see First Class since the way that movie resolved some of the character arcs was just terrible. It's better not to know how those characters developed and make it up in your own imagination.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Alright so when do we get West Coast Avengers.

Hawkeye, Rhodey, and Vision can go make their own Avengers.

With black jack, and hookers?

...Vegas is "west coast" right?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I was about to ask what the deal was with that Whedon tweet, but as I typed it came to me.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I was about to ask what the deal was with that Whedon tweet, but as I typed it came to me.

Not pictured, the eight hour wait for it to melt enough to pour one out.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Rat Queens is the most delightful fucking thing, you guys

just got to
    "DICKS"

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I saw X-men this morning.
    I thought everyone did a really good job with their characters. Listening to Fassbender talking like Sir Ian was pretty awesome. The fighting in the future scenes was way more graphic than I was expecting - very brutal. The sentinels felt a lot like the Destroyer in Thor, especially with how the face folded away to let off that big energy beam. Also, I really liked Blink. She may as well have been Chell with some of the stuff she did with those portals.

Despite all the cool stuff, though, I found myself inexplicably bored. I can't really nail down why. It was just one of the best boring movies I've seen in a long time.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I saw X-men this morning.
    I thought everyone did a really good job with their characters. Listening to Fassbender talking like Sir Ian was pretty awesome. The fighting in the future scenes was way more graphic than I was expecting - very brutal. The sentinels felt a lot like the Destroyer in Thor, especially with how the face folded away to let off that big energy beam. Also, I really liked Blink. She may as well have been Chell with some of the stuff she did with those portals.

Despite all the cool stuff, though, I found myself inexplicably bored. I can't really nail down why. It was just one of the best boring movies I've seen in a long time.
    Story B of the final act was... unnecessary. It drew focus away from the increasing tension of Story A, because the stakes were literally zero.

Coda was awesome though.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I never though I'd be so happy to see (End of DoFP spoilers)
    Cyclops back. The whole ending scene with Beast in his suit, and Kitty Pride teaching classes, it had. E grinning the whole time

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So! My casting choice for the next X-Men movie (spoilers for DOFP's post-credits thing)
    Keith David for Apocalypse.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I never though I'd be so happy to see (End of DoFP spoilers)
    Cyclops back. The whole ending scene with Beast in his suit, and Kitty Pride teaching classes, it had. E grinning the whole time

Yeah, that was absolutely my favorite part of the whole thing.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Keith David has a voice that is like a weapon

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    So I was watching the first 3 X-Men the other day and I realized that James Marsden would play a perfect post AvX Cyclops.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Also, about DoFP (spoilers)
    I actually realized it when he poped up at the end of the movie. He was a very under appreciated Scott Summers.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Wonder Woman now just uses "enhanced interrogation" to find the truth.

You saw that pilot as well?
    The great thing is she had the lasso of truth right there and explained this to the guy, but still opted to twist his broken arm.

I'd just like to note that I was making a joke based on the idea of directors making comic characters "less silly."

I had no idea that my joke was apparently real.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Rat Queens is the most delightful fucking thing, you guys

just got to
    "DICKS"

It's so good. Just finished reading it!
    Bragga is the fucking baddest, goddamn

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

keith david as black bolt

• Options
    MattitudeMattitude Paste Pot Pete Kicking The BucketRegistered User regular
    DOFP is all well and good, but thanks to Netflix I can confirm that the 90s X-Men cartoon is still the best X-Men.

Y'know, I'm really unhappy with the way Cyclops got shafted by the movies. He's a great character, but the films take away his origin as the first X-Man and then heir to Xavier's dream, which are essential to the burden of leadership he carries. I really, really, like how Cyclops has developed over the last 15 years, and to see it ignored in the movies made me a sad panda.

I got this Tumblr and I don't know how to use it.
    Decide on the next line by the rhyme when I choose it.
    Also I put songs on YouTube
    The musings of this lonely rube.

I made a thread once. It didn't end well for me.
  • Options
    MattitudeMattitude Paste Pot Pete Kicking The BucketRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

See, you jest, but cast Keith David in an essentially silent role and I'll see it just out if respect for the sheer BALLS it took do it.

I got this Tumblr and I don't know how to use it.
    Decide on the next line by the rhyme when I choose it.
    Also I put songs on YouTube
    The musings of this lonely rube.

I made a thread once. It didn't end well for me.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was having dinner with my parents tonight and I was describing a particularly tricky project I've got going on at work

Just for my own laughs I described the problem as being that as soon as you cut off one head, two more take its place

And mom leans over and whispers, "Hail Hydra"

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So I enjoyed DoFP but I was a little confused about Trask's motivation throughout the film.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

Racist

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
This discussion has been closed.