As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

To [Disney Infinity]...and beyond!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    All the Avengers? Even Hawkeye?

Even Hawkeye

I am rolling Hawkeye and Widow and can't wait

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I love to hear folks discovering this game for the first time. It's by no means perfect but you can tell a lot of love and care was put into it. It's a natural progression from the Toy Box mode of the Toy Story 3 game and it builds a nice foundation that 2.0 is going to apparently expand off of.

As I've said before, it scratches all my itches at once: Toys, Videogames, and Disney.

One tip though, UnbreakableVow: WAIT FOR SALES. Power Discs, Single Figures, and even the Playsets go on sale constantly. Most often at Toys R Us, but Target and Best Buy also puts Disney Infinity merch on sale often. Don't pay full MSRP for anything.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I do hope they improve Toy Box in 2.0 though. I personally find it annoying to use because the UI is so god-awful and laggy/slow.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    UnbreakableVow: WAIT FOR SALES. Power Discs, Single Figures, and even the Playsets go on sale constantly. Most often at Toys R Us, but Target and Best Buy also puts Disney Infinity mercy on sale often. Don't pay full MSRP for anything.

As I head down this road, I am lucky to have a good friend that runs a game store

He gave me the starter set for $60, and is selling me the figures at $8 a pop

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    By the way, not sure if it's been mentioned before...

There is a PC-based client for Disney Infinity. When you buy a figure (or a figure pack) it comes with a little card with a code. Register that code at the Disney Infinity site with your account, and you unlock the figure into your digital toy box.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I do hope they improve Toy Box in 2.0 though. I personally find it annoying to use because the UI is so god-awful and laggy/slow.

I think this is the #1 and probably only reason the game died almost immediately for me. That and not being able to do certain things when creating (keeping it to a 2D side scrolling plane is on the top of that list).

I'd love to get something going with people from here at some point. That was my initial plan, but I just lost interest fast. If anything, this is on my list of things I am going to stream at some point.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    The game in general just doesn't run at a great clip, it's pretty laggy

I am sure the PS4/Xbox One versions of 2.0 will improve them greatly in this regard

• Options
    The Incredicopter

Holy shit

Never in my life have I experienced such a shit-fest to control a vehicle

• Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    So this was posted a few days ago. Didn't see it mentioned in the thread.

Bncqj3RIYAAl2hi.png

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    Maleficient (and Merida) was spotted in the 2.0 reveal trailer, so it's not a terribly big surprise.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I hope its not a playset, because man I could care less about that movie

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    So you do care about that movie?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I'm confused about how Toyboxes in 2.0 will work? Will I be able to share my data or.. what is happening here. Any know?

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    I've been playing the crap out of Lego Marvel and I keep forgetting that Hulk climbing up buildings is in Infinity, not Lego Marvel. Haha. That has me wanting Infinity 2.0.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hahah! Now I have all of the discs.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I have a few duplicates I'll probably give away to you guys soon.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I wonder if the discs will work in 2.0.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    If they don't want to lose a lot of goodwill, everything from 1 should work in 2

• Options
    So i was just in Target... and who wants to see a venom figure!? and release date?
    f754abv08xv7.jpg

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    mantis23 wrote: »
    So i was just in Target... and who wants to see a venom figure!? and release date?
    f754abv08xv7.jpg

Sweet!

• Options
    YESSSSSSSS.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Just wanna reiterate how fucking sweet that Hawkeye looks

• Options
    DI 2.0 will be playable at E3, at least on PS4 so far. I hope we get some good feedback about the editor being smoothed out. Even the PC editor is sluggish.= for 1.0.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    So in addition to the Target venom leak, Best Buy's 6/15 Ad confirms Nick Fury, The Ultimate Spider-Man Playset and... Iron Fist?! ... I'm just going to assume thats a typo and it's the already confirmed Iron Man.

0skztmty2yin.jpg

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my god they're doing USM?

Oh my god oh my god oh my god

• Options
    edited June 2014
    So in addition to the Target venom leak, Best Buy's 6/15 Ad confirms Nick Fury, The Ultimate Spider-Man Playset and... Iron Fist?! ... I'm just going to assume thats a typo and it's the already confirmed Iron Man.

0skztmty2yin.jpg

Apparently Iron Fist is a thing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Fist_(comics)

First I've ever heard of him :P You are probably right though that they meant Iron Man. Though seriously, what idiot screws up Iron Man?

Oh, and P.S. to anyone still buying these figures, KMart has the Phineas and Ferb 2 pack on sale for a ridiculously low $13:
    http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_018W007026037001P

Might as well be buy one get one free :P That set is normally $30.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Despite not being in a movie (yet), Iron Fist is a fairly popular and long-running Marvel character and it's very likely he would be in this game

• Options
    So I am pretty sure Sony just announced that Disney Infinity 2.0 is launching first on PS4. It sounds like the Hulk might be exclusive to the PS4 starter set as well. It was pretty quick so I'll hold out for more details.

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    So man, I'm really starting to have some second thoughts about this entire Disney Infinity thing.

Namely, it can be fucking expensive. I didn't buy ANYTHING at full MSRP, and I still shudder to think of how much money I dropped on the original game...and 2.0 is going to be even more expensive due to more figures and more discs.

So I'm down to two choices here. Either I can sell off all my 1.0 stuff, either as a set or individually, and dust off my hands of the thing, and just bail on Disney Infinity completely...

...or I'll sell off most of my 1.0 stuff, keeping my favorites, and just dabble a bit into 2.0.

I wonder if secondhand figures even maintain their value decently.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Johnny V cleared up the Hulk thing a bit on his Twitter account. The PS4 version of 2.0 will come in a special "Collectors Edition" and will launch early. The collectors edition will include all 6 avengers figures including the Hulk, which will not be available anywhere else at launch, but WILL be available on other platforms at a later date.

So just timed exclusivity, like they did with certain figures/retailers with 1.0

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    So man, I'm really starting to have some second thoughts about this entire Disney Infinity thing.

Namely, it can be fucking expensive. I didn't buy ANYTHING at full MSRP, and I still shudder to think of how much money I dropped on the original game...and 2.0 is going to be even more expensive due to more figures and more discs.

So I'm down to two choices here. Either I can sell off all my 1.0 stuff, either as a set or individually, and dust off my hands of the thing, and just bail on Disney Infinity completely...

...or I'll sell off most of my 1.0 stuff, keeping my favorites, and just dabble a bit into 2.0.

I wonder if secondhand figures even maintain their value decently.

I hear you man, I quickly decided after the first wave that I didn't care to collect all the discs. I just focus on the figures, mainly because they look super cool on my shelf. The bright side is that I learned never to buy figures when they first come out. I don't think I really paid MSRP often, but I know there will always be B2g1 sales somewhere.

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Quick question before I get excited for 2.0, but is there ANY reason to have the figures be on a portal, or connection between stuff on the portal and the game besides character select? Any reason the figures exist besides to sell figures? Skylanders at least kept the characters level/gold on the figure...just want to hope there's more of a reason than character/prop select.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Quick question before I get excited for 2.0, but is there ANY reason to have the figures be on a portal, or connection between stuff on the portal and the game besides character select? Any reason the figures exist besides to sell figures? Skylanders at least kept the characters level/gold on the figure...just want to hope there's more of a reason than character/prop select.

The characters hold their level on the figure. This didn't do much in 1.0 but in 2.0 there will be selectable skills you can get when you level up. The figures should remember those skills as well.

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny V cleared up the Hulk thing a bit on his Twitter account. The PS4 version of 2.0 will come in a special "Collectors Edition" and will launch early. The collectors edition will include all 6 avengers figures including the Hulk, which will not be available anywhere else at launch, but WILL be available on other platforms at a later date.

So just timed exclusivity, like they did with certain figures/retailers with 1.0

Any dates? Specifically for the PS4 version?

• Options
  • Options
    HEX_141_DarkWing_Ducks_Ratcatcher-L.png

Oh my god.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Please please please let there be a Darkwing Duck figure.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    So more characters have been leaked and suspicions confirmed, this time courtesy of Walmart. I give you the Guardians of the Galaxy:

DisneyInfinity2AllCharacters-1024x253-e1402425905454.jpg

They also have entries, no pictures, for Donald Duck, Tinkerbell, and Stitch. Also leaked are two figures apparently from an upcoming disney film, Big Hero 6
    walmart006-300x274.jpg

walmart001-242x300.jpg

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    Stitch and Venom shall be mine. I don't even care that I haven't played the game since probably a week or two after release.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    So my gf is a Disney person who also enjoyed the Marvel movies and I now own a Wii U. I mentioned this to her and she seemed interested after checking out the website for a bit. I love the shit out of minecraft and building things in general.

Any reason to jump in now or do we wait for 2.0? Any murmurs of a Star Wars set now that Disney owns it? That's really the only Disney property I give any shits about.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705