Options

Giant Bomb: E3 is OVER. go HOME

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    has there ever been a video game adaptation of a tarantino film?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »

20140518055610!Wolfenstein_The_New_Order_cover.jpg

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Real answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpHGo6rV7WA

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So 3 does have a good story right

I got it for like 3 bucks last year

Dont really want to get into it full since I still haven't finished 4, but it might be fun to just chain the story missions. Try as hard as possible to avoid the.temptation of doing all the open world crap and burning out.halfway through.

Cilla Black on
  • Options

I got it for like 3 bucks last year

Dont really want to get into it full since I still haven't finished 4, but it might be fun to just chain the story missions. Try as hard as possible to avoid the.temptation of doing all the open world crap and burning out.halfway through.

The missions are the worst part and the open world stuff is what's great about it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh god

I forgot about that Reservoir Dogs game

And now I just remembered that they also made a game of The Sopranos and Scarface

• Options

Connor's story is cool enough

Desmond's story deserved better than the resolution it got, but it has some cool moments

• Options
    Oh god

I forgot about that Reservoir Dogs game

And now I just remembered that they also made a game of The Sopranos and Scarface

The Sopranos game had all of the actors from the show! DAVID CHASE worked on it! How did any of this happen!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    The problem with Scarface is they already made Vice City! (I think I've mentioned before that I think Vice City is actually a sequel to the movie Scarface, and I can prove it)

And wow, I have never even heard of that Reservoir Dogs game

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    There's a lot of things that the Assassin's Creed series does that feels, for lack of a better word, more adult than any other AAA series

however the two key mechanics- traversal and fighting- have so many problems that have never really been addressed that I can't help but wish all those big ideas were in a game that was a better game

Now you can climb DOWN buildings fast!

Good job Ubi

giving the people what they want

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    like the slaves are going to augustin to help build a maroon community

let's actually see this community, talk to people, help out where we can in ways besides press b to liberate

there's even a two year timeskip in freedom cry where you could see it jump from some shacks in a cave to a real town

This would've been sweet

It could have even helped alleviate the "slaves=upgrades" problem

Instead of just telling me "congratulations you have collected 500 slaves here's some free ammo", let me talk to a guy who then says "Hey I was on one of those ships, my buddies and I know how to make ammo, so we can supply it to you for free from now on"

Personalize it, you know?

• Options
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I have been playing galaxy 2 for 4 hours.

If spin was a fucking button instead of waggle this would be my #1 Mario game

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Question: If I moved to the big C and wanted to be arty, where would I go - Anonymous

Answer: I haven’t been there in a bit, but I think you could have a good time living in Logan Square or Pilsen? I dunno man, I live in Boston. :)

I kind of want this to be a trend of asking John Drake about cities he doesn't live in

"Hey, I'm gonna visit Chatanooga soon. What's a good steak place?"

• Options
    edited June 2014
    "What steps should I take to avoid dying on an airplane occupied by John Drake"

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    what freedom cry basically needed was a homestead

which was not really in the budget of a $10 dlc

so weird that ac4 didn't have a homestead at all

not a single iteration of that concept, no sir

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I remember the beginning of ac3 had a lot of dialogue with people on the ship even though you literally never met them outside that one mission

Would have been cool to have that with your crew, as a mobile homestead

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Well I think I've bit off more than I could chew in Awakening. Summoned some Risen on chapter 14 and been banging my head on them for way too long.

Also in the process finally noticed that Anna and Say'ri weren't gaining any affinity which is bullshit because I was totally gonna set them up with Gaius and Lon'qu respectively and now I got three men on my army and no women to marry them to which feels unfair and wrong. I even had a neat thing where the one leftover male was Libra which was okay because he's a priest.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Don't know if it's the same for everyone

But character creation in Destiny, both on my friend's PSN ID and on mine, has defaulted me to a black woman

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    See this is why fire emblem needs gay marriage

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I was really, really, really bummed to find out Say'ri has like 2 affinities

I have always had a soft spot for female myrmidon characters in Fire Emblem games

But Lon'qui has so many more affinites and has leveled up just as well so I can't really justify using the only one the game has provided.

Otherwise though I've been loving the game. It is a lot more open ended in terms of progression than my impression of previous games though, which is fun in its own way but maybe also ruins a bit of the razor balancing I thought the series was known for.

I'm on chapter 19 now and cannot concieve of a fight which may even potentially challenge my characters. Or even successfully defend against being totally soloed by one of my top 3.

I'll have to do an A Story Fight and Paralogue Only play through at some point.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

JOHN T. DRAKE IS STILL A THREAT

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    just broke a million point for the first time in Pac Man Championship DX

Listening to a podcast at the same time.

I feel like goddamn neo.

• Options
    I was really, really, really bummed to find out Say'ri has like 2 affinities

I have always had a soft spot for female myrmidon characters in Fire Emblem games

But Lon'qui has so many more affinites and has leveled up just as well so I can't really justify using the only one the game has provided.

Otherwise though I've been loving the game. It is a lot more open ended in terms of progression than my impression of previous games though, which is fun in its own way but maybe also ruins a bit of the razor balancing I thought the series was known for.

I'm on chapter 19 now and cannot concieve of a fight which may even potentially challenge my characters. Or even successfully defend against being totally soloed by one of my top 3.

I'll have to do an A Story Fight and Paralogue Only play through at some point.

Yeah I mean the main reason I'm brickwalling is that I'm trying to make Tharja/Henry and Gregor/Cherche happen. If I didn't care I'd just bring in my avatar, Chrom and Donnel and destroy everything.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh hey everybody judge my pairings.

Chrom/Sumia
    Frederick/Miriel
    Stahl/Cordelia
    Virion/Sully
    Kellam/Maribelle
    Ricken/Nowi
    Donnel/Olivia
    Vaike/Panne
    Tharja/Henry
    Gregor/Cherche

Haven't met a single one of their kids yet, just went with my gut.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I'm also working on Tharja and Henry.

It is more boring than expected but I only just hit B rank.

I set up Lon'qu and Cherche, that was pretty adorable.

Typically what I do for leveling people is summon risen to a chapter 5-10 map, toss then a Def potion, then pair em up with a Grandmaster. Grandmasters give like 4 to 6 of all the offensive stats so its usually easy to solo the lower level risen maps.

Once they're a good level, just chain the same maps with their partner for relationship points.

Good rule of thumb is to remember you can disable enemy walking animations as well as the combat cut away entirely from the options menu. Makes grinding way quicker.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I'm playing through Awakening again now

Damn you all

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The characters with few/no affinities are dumb.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Tharja/Henry should be way more entertaining than it is, but Tharja apparently has a thing where she's stalking my avatar. I put you guys together because I want you to torture kitties and shit! Be more evil!

sig.gif
  • Options
    So wait they made a Reservoir Dogs game

How...how does that work

• Options
    PRESS X TO CUT COP'S EAR OFF

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I bought the exp/gold/item map pack for awakening and I don't give an f what anyone thinks.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    Tharja/Henry should be way more entertaining than it is, but Tharja apparently has a thing where she's stalking my avatar. I put you guys together because I want you to torture kitties and shit! Be more evil!

I don't like the characters who are obsessed with specific person x either

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

20140518055610!Wolfenstein_The_New_Order_cover.jpg

He really does a great brad Pitt impression from that movie.

• Options
    The characters with few/no affinities are dumb.

It completely is but on the other hand the amount of text they must have written for all the existing affinities has to be astonomical.

I can see someone at some point just realizing that every character added who linked to everyone else increased the amount of writing to insane degrees.

There are a lot of characters in this game.

• Options
    Cherche/gregor is top tier

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I bought the exp/gold/item map pack for awakening and I don't give an f what anyone thinks.

I.got the xp one this morning and it is really effective but even more boring that grinding summoned arisen

Lots faster though

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Donnel + Nowi is basically the only way to set up Nowi with anyone that doesn't feel super skeevy

As a bonus it also gives you a Nah that is basically a one woman army

Edit: oh also for how much the game seems to prefer it, Chrome/Sumia is tragically boring

Maddoc on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I just wanted Say'ri to talk to Lon'qu

was that too much to ask

maybe give Anna something more than her Money Money Money supports (all 3 of them)

This discussion has been closed.