Options

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Get
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    tortureandpliersohmy.jpg

Torture? With hand tools? Pliers even? All the squees! All of them!

Thanks @Dirtyboy ... you know the magic words that go straight to my heart!

<3<3<3

From the preview:
    I failed the torture scene in miserable fashion. I thought I was a tough guy, taking the punches and the hammers to the knees. It was when the pliers came out and removed my teeth that I overestimated my fortitude.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/gods_will_be_watching/b/pc/archive/2014/07/22/launch-trailer-reminds-you-of-the-burden-of-your-decisions-gods-will-be-watching.aspx

I scampered straight off to install this... and it's not out for 2 more days.

YOU MONSTER!
    mr-burns-evil-laugh.png

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Lowlander wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Ianator wrote: »
    Why am I downloading a 10.2 GB update for Medieval 2: Total War?

Converted to Steamworks.

Unfortunately for me it was converted into a right click -> delete local files.

I don't have a bandwidth cap or anything, but my internet is slow, and I share it with others. I just cant justify downloading 10.2 Gb just for a steamworks conversion.

I did that too, but mainly because I realized there's no chance of me wanting to play the game anytime soon. I've had the game for a few years and haven't tried playing it since I first downloaded it.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Oh good, I was wondering what server people picked, Pixie influenced me in trying Tera and I'm liking it, and also put my characters on Tempest Reach.

One of us. One of us.
    It really is an enjoyable game, and I'm...mostly glad I picked it back up again. Don't tell Pixie that though.

Kalnaur wrote: »
    I just hit the asteroid base in Jedi Outcast that comes after Bespin, and all I have to say is yes
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    They've a lot of stormtroopers and four of Desaan's force users

You've got a lightsaber, force powers, and LUKE FUCKING SKYWALKER

Only thing better would be if the whole thing took place on hoth or Yavin and you had to leap from trees to take down/assume control of an At-At or three.

Fuck, now I want to dig out my Battlefront 2 PS2 disk and play through the campaign again. It was surprisingly well done.
    SR3 spoiler
    Next star wars game should have a lot of set pieces that have you screaming out, its LUCK FUCKING SKYWALKER in a manner similar to Burt FUCKING REYNOLDS

The Star Wars games I have played are: Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi, and the N64 one. Oh, and KOTOR.

I feel like I may have missed out on a few things.

Not much really

Why would you post this? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy???????

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Sorry if this is a repost, but apparently you can get you need a budget free if you're in school and have a .edu email.

http://www.youneedabudget.com/blog/2014/ynab-is-now-free-for-college-students/

I know a lot of people here are interested in this and a lot of us could even use it, myself included.

Edit: actually you might not even need a .edu email. Just be able to prove you're taking classes.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    BTW, since it's Tuesday, G&T Steam chat slipped off into an alternate dimension so if you are logged in you might want to reload it.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Between OlliOlli, Freedom Planet, and Halfway, I find myself oddly perplexed on how these games snuck up on me. Must've been the "Must play more Divinity" fog. Gods Will be Watching in a couple days. Trails in the Sky in a week. Pretty attractive looking week for smaller titles. Sold enough cards and TF2 doodads for one of them I think. /roulette.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    If anybody wants any of the following games, PM me. I have a ton of stuff from various bundles that are gathering virtual dust.

X-COM: Apocalypse
    X-COM: Enforcer
    X-COM: Interceptor
    X-COM: Terror from the Deep
    X-COM: UFO Defense
    Magicka + 2 DLC
    Batman™: Arkham Asylum GOTY

Nobody on my friends list has these wishlisted, just PM me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    I'll be streaming some State of Decay in about 15 minutes. Feel free to stop by and watch my destroy zombies (and hopefully not get eaten).

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Is it customary for boxes from UPS to arrive already opened?

k997h1wsq5xo.jpg

Yeah, it arrived at my doorstep like that. UPS man... Unbelievably Potent Stupidity.

In either case, the box inside was still secure with no rips, tears, or holes in the plastic wrap or the box itself.

oihmwhp89gic.jpg

And everything inside seems intact.

1pa2pwsyptld.jpg

So I loaded it in, and I fired up State of Decay immediately after doing the driver install hoopla. Just streamed 25 minutes of it, no crashes. No other issues that I'm noticing so far. Card's not loud or whiney, was hitting 59 degrees after the time in state of decay, fans stayed like 50% or lower. I'm forced to believe without a doubt that my last card just kicked the bucket. Oh well. New graphics card! :smiley::cookie:

Oh right, almost forgot:

Sumanai dropped some hard knowledge on me about Steam Gifts. I don't know if this Watch Dogs copy is for uPlay or not, but it probably is because ubisooooooooooooooft. So to for-go either of us getting banned or suspended or whatever, I'm going to be canceling my give away via steam gifts, and doing my own via PMs.

If you would like to be entered into the Watch Dogs give away, PM me a message with some nice words about dogs. I'll use a dice roller or geth tomorrow after 8PM est.

That's a free copy of Watch Dogs, that may or may not be uPlay (but probably is). PM me with a message about dogs to enter by 8PM EST tomorrow.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I have the EVGA ACX GTX 770 card and love it. The only downside is 2gb of VRAM, but that only affects you in a few games on the highest settings.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I have the EVGA ACX GTX 770 card and love it. The only downside is 2gb of VRAM, but that only affects you in a few games on the highest settings.

Never in my life would I have thought that having two gigabytes of video memory would be considered as a downside.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

Never in my life would I have thought that having two gigabytes of video memory would be considered as a downside.

I was looking at the 770 and I kid you not, I saw the 2GB and though, nope. Gonna need more than that.

edit: I am not in the market for GPU. Seriously. :s

Big Classy on
  • Options
    If anybody wants any of the following games, PM me. I have a ton of stuff from various bundles that are gathering virtual dust.

Magicka + 2 DLC

BM: AA is gone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I can't run textures on the highest setting in Watch Dogs or the game stutters non-stop (1920x1080).

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    I have the 780, and I've been really happy with it.

I also only have it because of a bonus at work, because it was stupid expensive.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular

k997h1wsq5xo.jpg

Yeah, it arrived at my doorstep like that. UPS man... Unbelievably Potent Stupidity.

In either case, the box inside was still secure with no rips, tears, or holes in the plastic wrap or the box itself.

oihmwhp89gic.jpg

1pa2pwsyptld.jpg

So I loaded it in, and I fired up State of Decay immediately after doing the driver install hoopla. Just streamed 25 minutes of it, no crashes. No other issues that I'm noticing so far. Card's not loud or whiney, was hitting 59 degrees after the time in state of decay, fans stayed like 50% or lower. I'm forced to believe without a doubt that my last card just kicked the bucket. Oh well. New graphics card! :smiley::cookie:

Oh right, almost forgot:

signature.png

G&T, at least $5 contributors only. Ends tomorrow night at 8pm EST.

Must....resist....urge....to....enter.........

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Big things going on here at Humble Bundle, isn't that right, Jim?

You said it, Bill—today we're exposing newcomers to the worst of the Hitman franchise, with no sign of fan favorite Blood Money. But we've got Daikatana!

Powerful stuff, Jim. Powerful stuff.
    Seriously, how can they have every Hitman game except the one that's actually good? I wouldn't even want the others in my steam inventory.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    übergeek wrote: »

k997h1wsq5xo.jpg

oihmwhp89gic.jpg

1pa2pwsyptld.jpg

Oh right, almost forgot:

signature.png

G&T, at least $5 contributors only. Ends tomorrow night at 8pm EST.

Must....resist....urge....to....enter.........

202DvmQ.gif

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular

Magicka + 2 DLC

Hmmm. Is the magicka dlc bundled with the magicka key? Cause i'm interested in the dlc.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie refuses to listen to reason and got me with Shantae. <3 Thank you very much! I cant wait to try out the game about genietits.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    202DvmQ.gif

~Sigh~ OK, done.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    @Pixelated Pixie refuses to listen to reason and got me with Shantae. <3 Thank you very much! I cant wait to try out the game about genietits.

Reason is boring.

Gifting is fun.

You do the math.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Big things going on here at Humble Bundle, isn't that right, Jim?

You said it, Bill—today we're exposing newcomers to the worst of the Hitman franchise, with no sign of fan favorite Blood Money. But we've got Daikatana!

Powerful stuff, Jim. Powerful stuff.
    Seriously, how can they have every Hitman game except the one that's actually good? I wouldn't even want the others in my steam inventory.

Is there anything worthwhile in the Square humble bundle?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Plenty! Odds are that most people already have them though

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I always get so tempted when Eve Online is on sale but I can't do monthly subs. Damn it Eve Online, DAMN IT!

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Plenty! Odds are that most people already have them though

I should have qualified that with other than the Deus Ex games. I already own those, but like are really none of the Hitman games good?

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Svevin wrote: »
    @Svevin gimme a crash course on Assetto Corsa.

Are a lot of people playing multiplayer at any given time?

Racing games are more niche than you might expect, but this being the latest and greatest racing game, there are quite a few playing at any given time. You will see a lot during 6-11pm in countries where racing is more popular, such as European countries and Australia.

If I don't already have you added on steam, add me and we can do some laps. The new Lotus 98T is a beast! :smiley:

Do you have a wheel?

I don't have Assetto Corsa, I was just curious how the multiplayer population was. I have Race 07, and I love it, but it's sort of a ghost town online. I'm not the greatest driver of all time, but I like racing against other people, because they're generally better (and are always more unpredictable) than the AI drivers.
    Shimshai wrote: »
    214697049_8rue7-L-2.jpg

I've always heard it was bad, but that's literally all I know about it. How bad is bad?

Daikatana is just boring and kinda broken in a lot of spots. It's really just a mediocre late 90s shooter that was hyped to hell and back by Romero and everyone else involved and is a perfect example of how long development times can hurt a game.

The best part of that comic is that it is almost fifteen years old.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Did anyone miss out on the Gun Monkeys giveaway?

• Options

Magicka + 2 DLC

Hmmm. Is the magicka dlc bundled with the magicka key? Cause i'm interested in the dlc.

It is. If in a couple of days nobody wants it, ask me then, because just getting it for the DLC is better than nobody using it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I always get so tempted when Eve Online is on sale but I can't do monthly subs. Damn it Eve Online, DAMN IT!

@Stragint you can actually do pretty well for yourself and buy game time with in game currency. Join up with MerchI and people will show you the ropes.
    Not me, because I don't play that game anymore, but other people :P

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »

@Stragint you can actually do pretty well for yourself and buy game time with in game currency. Join up with MerchI and people will show you the ropes.

How time consuming is it to do that? I have work and I'm starting school next semester so I wont have a lot of time to do stuff.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    I think I've reached about the half way point in Wizardry 8, and it's starting to wear out it's welcome.

The main problem I'm having with it is that some of the battles I'm in have 15-20 enemies in it, some with multiple attacks. Each enemy, on their turn, has the camera move to them, then they have the chance to move, or attack. Either way the animation for such plays. Especially for spells this can take a while. My most recent combat took almost 15 minutes to play out.

I'm not sure I have the time or fortitude to actually make it to the end.

• Options
    Radiation wrote: »

How time consuming is it to do that? I have work and I'm starting school next semester so I wont have a lot of time to do stuff.

Actually, the game can play itself on some levels. There are good passive ways to earn income that can be set up rather quickly. Others... you just need to be a smooth talker.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »
    I should have qualified that with other than the Deus Ex games. I already own those, but like are really none of the Hitman games good?

Thief and Anachronox are well-regarded, and it sounds like people like Mini Ninjas. The $15 tier is good—I don't know about K&L2, but aside from both Deus Ex games, JC2 is great and Lara Croft is a nice coop (or not) isometric shooter. As for Hitman, I've never played Contracts, on suspicion of not being able to deal with ancient jank, but Silent Assassin is meh and has some pretty bad parts, while Absolution has a couple decent bits but is mostly very linear level segments consisting of "reach the checkpoint" rather than "kill a dude in this sandbox" and breaks the basic disguise mechanics in service of a new "avoid suspicion" magic meter resource. Also a p. dumb story.

Blood Money, on the other hand, is incredible, and I'd probably say it's the only Hitman anyone should play. Maybe it'll get added to the bundle later.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Never had any opened, but I've had them beat to hell with holes knocked in the sides that damaged the stuff inside.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Excision wrote: »

I'm also ok with that. SpecOps said what it set out to say, and any sequel would only detract from that statement, not add to it.

Not everything needs a sequel. Sometimes, it's best to let a work of art simply be unique.

I could not agree more.

And yet...

Give me my fucking Beyond Good & Evil sequel already, Michel Ansel.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Looks like Dead Rising 3 was updated to include all of the DLC (save the 4 player Street Figher one) in the base game. Pleasant surprise, it looked like early on they were planning to just release the DLC and charge for it too.

Right now it looks like a "pre purchase and get upgraded for free" thing though, so they may end up charging for it anyway.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    @Sumanai dropped some hard knowledge on me about Steam Gifts. I don't know if this Watch Dogs copy is for uPlay or not, but it probably is because ubisooooooooooooooft. So to for-go either of us getting banned or suspended or whatever, I'm going to be canceling my give away via steam gifts, and doing my own via PMs.

If you would like to be entered into the Watch Dogs give away, PM me a message with some nice words about dogs. I'll use a dice roller or geth tomorrow after 8PM est.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Sorry for ruining everyone's fun! :(
    It's still a very awesome giveaway even if it's for Uplay.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Did anyone miss out on the Gun Monkeys giveaway?

I missed it... I just got back to Maine this afternoon after about a week road trip. Nice to be back... Can't wait to spend my last day off in front of the pc. So tired... And a bit tipsy thanks to a new bottle of pumpkin pie vodka.

This discussion has been closed.