Options

[Steam] Thread: Holy cow this 2K sale is the real deal

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Okay guys, I got a few PMs and suggestions, and this week on Friday we'll be playing PLANETSIDE 2. This game is a giant open pvp game, where we'll be rolling as a huge group of players and doing our best to help the warfront. Picture a giant platoon of fresh faced recruits being demolished repeatedly, and that should be us. It should be super amusing!

You'll need to download Planetside 2 from steam, and make a SOE account. We'll probably be going Vanu (the purple guys) since PA has a group there already. If theres enough interest in rolling one of the other two factions we can change it, but for now its Vanu.

9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific on Friday night is our US Game Night, so be downloaded and set up by then to join in on the fun!

Which server? I have a Vanu up to 8 on the US West server is why I ask.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Geralt also made some terrible decisions.

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    As it turns out, my PC version of Mass Effect is still in my inventory after a failed gifting attempt. Clearly, I have only one appropriate course of action.

signature.png

On my 360, Mako woo!

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    So after having bought Witcher 2 over the weekend, and loading it up today... anything happen in the first game I need to know/have a save for before continuing?
    There were boobs.
    And cards...
    ...featuring boobs.

The Witcher: Raiders of the Lost Boobs
    The Witcher 2: Temple of Boobs
    The Witcher 3: The Last Boobs

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    So after having bought Witcher 2 over the weekend, and loading it up today... anything happen in the first game I need to know/have a save for before continuing?
    There were boobs.
    And cards...
    ...featuring boobs.

The Witcher: Raiders of the Lost Boobs
    The Witcher 2: Temple of Boobs
    The Witcher 3: The Last Boobs

The Witcher 4: Kingdom of the Boobs

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Y'all aren't making a great case for eventually loading up The Witcher one day.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Okay guys, I got a few PMs and suggestions, and this week on Friday we'll be playing PLANETSIDE 2. This game is a giant open pvp game, where we'll be rolling as a huge group of players and doing our best to help the warfront. Picture a giant platoon of fresh faced recruits being demolished repeatedly, and that should be us. It should be super amusing!

You'll need to download Planetside 2 from steam, and make a SOE account. We'll probably be going Vanu (the purple guys) since PA has a group there already. If theres enough interest in rolling one of the other two factions we can change it, but for now its Vanu.

9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific on Friday night is our US Game Night, so be downloaded and set up by then to join in on the fun!

Which server? I have a Vanu up to 8 on the US West server is why I ask.

Emerald is where the PA army is.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

YES!

Emerald Server, folks.

If you can, play a little bit in advance; there's a short tutorial that gives you some free stuff at the end of it.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

YES!

Emerald Server, folks.

If you can, play a little bit in advance; there's a short tutorial that gives you some free stuff at the end of it.

Really I feel we'd be much better if we had the equivalent training to a conscript unit.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

YES!

Emerald Server, folks.

Really I feel we'd be much better if we had the equivalent training to a conscript unit.

Well, yeah, but, like, a free shotgun ...

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular

YES!

Emerald Server, folks.

Yuck, not only as the purple disco loving bastards, but on the wrong server as well.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Rico's Roughnecks! Hoo-ah!

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I may try to join in on this Planetsiding, but I suspect that I'll not be able to sneak away to do so at 6pm on a Friday. I'll probably be doing something mundane like cooking dinner or whatever else it is that needs to be done before the kids are in bed.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I might be a bad person, but since I already have the game I do not fear it: Bad Rats on sale all week for 24 cents (not including tax).

They put this awful game on sale for ridiculously low prices, and a ton of people buy it, and they make a ton of money.
    THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

qc1ACC4.jpg

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Not even 3 hours after finishing Deadpool this morning, I jjumped into bed to sleep and booted up the vita, like I always do. Decided to play a little Lego Batman. Ended up finishing it too! TWO GAMES DOWN IN ONE DAY. On a roll!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Not even 3 hours after finishing Deadpool this morning, I jjumped into bed to sleep and booted up the vita, like I always do. Decided to play a little Lego Batman. Ended up finishing it too! TWO GAMES DOWN IN ONE DAY. On a roll!

I hate you.

I should buy you a new game to punish you for your wicked ways...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    For some reason this question didn't occur to me... what would F1 be like with a Rift? Well, here's a sample vid of it with Live For Speed, which certainly gives us an impression...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jD7Z47NgNwQ

And now I need new underwear.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    For some reason this question didn't occur to me... what would F1 be like with a Rift? Well, here's a sample vid of it with Live For Speed, which certainly gives us an impression...

This (and flight sims) are single-handedly the only reason I'm interested in Occulus Rift enough to want one at launch.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Drovek wrote: »

This (and flight sims) are single-handedly the only reason I'm interested in Occulus Rift enough to want one at launch.

And Elite: Dangerous (which is kind of a flight sim, in a way).

It makes me desperately want a new Stealth Fighter game. A proper new version of F-19 or F-117A, my favorite flight sims ever. I would kill a man.*

Time to start saving up.

* - maybe

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    That is definitely against the rules.
    Thou shall not complete more than one but less than three games in one day.

Ye shall be punished by eternal flaming damnation or be gifted all the things, so decided by people.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Racing games are just a great way to try out new technologies. As useless as stereoscopic 3D was in general, Wipeout HD in 3D was fantastic.

• Options

I hate you.

Its a shame we have an agreement about gifting me. Oh wait, NO IT ISN'T!

xkM5oug.gif

• Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

There's plenty of happenings that would influence your opinion on the ingame factions and colour your choice on who to join. Racism is a huge theme of the series overall. You learn in the first game that a Witchers' true path is completely neutral. They are monster hunters and objective ones at that. The dealings of kings and kingdoms is something that Witchers were never supposed to get involved in... though, you can choose a side if you like! I personally found that staying Neutral best suited both my personality, made the most sense on a narrative level and opened up some VERY interesting and unlikely outcomes.

Basically, the Scoia'tael represent the oppressed non-humans of society. They are considered to be a bunch of terrorists who claim to want equality but their actions often show the opposite. Radical Scoia'tael want nothing more than the eradication of all humans.

Then there's the humans. While the common people seem mostly tolerant of non-humans, the leadership of the human faction wants to eradicate all magic (and since non-humans are often magical, that poses a problem).

There's also a prophecy that plays a huge part of the first game that plays out in an awesome twist at the end.

IF you can deal with oldschool RPGs, I highly recommend giving the first game a shot. Otherwise, you may want to watch a YouTube synopsis. Pretty sure there's an official trailer that gives a decent enough rundown.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

I hate you.

Its a shame we have an agreement about gifting me. Oh wait, NO IT ISN'T!

xkM5oug.gif

No, no, no. You have an agreement with Pixie to not gift you things. Nothing in there about free agents.

Let's see, I'm thinking a long RPG...

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I bet Isy would love Trails in the Sky.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Isy needs to update his Backloggery page.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I bet Isy would love Trails in the Sky.

Hey this sounds like a good one. Only an hour until I get home from work too.

• Options
    If Backloggery had an auto-add function for Steam games, I would use it so much more.

• Options
    princesssarah.jpg

kel.jpg

What just happened? I don't even know. Ambushed while my back was turned. MONSTERS!

Thanks @Viking and @Albino Bunny‌! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Repost for the start of the week. These end on Wednesday at midnight, I think? SteamGifts isn't great at letting me check these things.
    But in all seriousness, my birthday is in a week, and I wanted to do a little giveaway because that's what this place is all about. These are gonna be a mix of games that I think are kinda cool, and games I've heard good things about.

Standard SteamGifts rules apply: be a member of PAGT, don't be a weird, be fairly active on the forums, etc.

Troll your friends with Crawl
    signature.png

Psychedelic roguelike FPS where you will probably die because you forgot to pick up your shot bullets
    signature.png

Like I said before, you're a Russian astrodog with a gun
    signature.png

I hear it's like if they made Airplane! into a video game
    signature.png

Nothing like a stroll through the insane asylum to end your summer
    signature.png

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I'm down for some planetside.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Trying to catch up on the thread. Damn, I missed Tropico 4 price mistake! Anyone have an extra I can buy? I only have the base game.

Damn, I forgot, I was in the desert when this happened.. oh well. not like I need more games and all...

I will watch planet side, I'm stuck at work.. again... I hate work...

Got more tomb raider done. @heenato told me to read the manual. It worked. I learned how to play better. No really, I hate the middle mouse button. BTW, it is mapped to Ctrl.. ?? I don't know how or why, but I never changed it. Just installed win 8 and my mouse, and there you go. G700 software doesn't even know I have a mouse on win 8. So, there is that.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LArAgjQF_o&amp;feature=youtu.be

Teaser for next Groupees. I can see Betrayer and Consortium at the very least, which means this is going to be a great fucking bundle.

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So this is how you repay me joining you in Guild Wars 2 shenanigans all weekend @CorriganX‌ ?
    badrats_zps901910b0.jpg
    I thought we were cool, bro. And now I have to play it at some point to fully experience the horror that everyone keeps describing. I'll be sure to stream it to so everyone can watch.
    Thanks, I guess?

Karrde1842 on
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Teaser for next Groupees. I can see Betrayer and Consortium at the very least, which means this is going to be a great fucking bundle.
    Also The Mysterious Cities of Gold and Little Big Adventure.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Rico's Roughnecks! Hoo-ah!

Man... I really wish the Starship Troopers fps was worth a damn.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    @Shadowcaster‌ can you please PM me regarding which of the two giveaways you won you'd like to get so I can re-roll the other?

• Options
    mountain.jpg

Oh, ok. So there was a "let's pick on Pixie" memo circulated and I wasn't advised. I see how it is.

I won't forget this.

@JaysonFour‌ ... thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrYrd1AuQR0

Super Time Force Ultra showing off the new additions to the Steam version. Appears to have some guest characters. One's obviously TF2 Pyro, and I think the other is the Mann Co guy. Not sure who the dual wielder is.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Dual wielder could possibly be Lara Croft.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.