Options

Samurai [chat]

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Bogart wrote: »
    Zoe Quinn stuff? Dare I ask?

The 4chan intellectual reserve has had a hate-on for Quinn for a while, and Phil Fish came to her defense the other day, with predictable reactions from the b-tards.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    everyone watch this tortoise chasing a truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DorOEvwzxO8

I believe u will catch it 1 day little reptile

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Zoe Quinn stuff? Dare I ask?

an ex boyfriend wrote a very long blog post about how apparently she cheated on him
    two of the people she did so with were her boss and a kotaku writer
    the writer may or may not have written a review of her game that may or may not have been favourable (i can't see any review but there are claims there was one)
    that may or may not have happened before or after she slept with the writer

this is to some people the fall of modern journalism, a major scandal
    either that or they don't like her and now that she's done something really shitty but not really consequential to anyone but the parties involved (depending on the review situation, i guess, and even then it's one review and hardly indicative of a wider trend) it is a very good opportunity to have a right go

i dunno, all of this just seems so sad and hurtful and maybe this is how we're supposed to feel about these things or maybe i am just a drunk person

and now i feel bad because i'm posting details of a strangers private life on the internet and really i shouldn't be even if someone else already has

815165 on
  • Options
    There needs to be some way to send electric shocks to people who use the word "epic", to encourage responsible use of the word.

• Options
    ball-less manboobs is a pretty great phrase

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Phil Fish seems like my kinda nerd.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    everyone watch this tortoise chasing a truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DorOEvwzxO8

I believe u will catch it 1 day little reptile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk

• Options
    phil fish actually summed up a lot of my feelings this morning fairly well

philfishmeltdown2.jpg

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    I remember when I used to rail against infidelity like nuts because it felt like the right opinion to hold and my mom would go nuts thinking my dad cheated on her and constantly passive aggressively make comments around him about that suspicion

Now it strikes me as shitty, no doubt, but weirdly it just doesn't have that visceral bite to think of it happening anymore, probably at least a good bit because of the way my mom would harp on about it like it's the worst thing ever

Like I swear I hate hearing in a conversation "She cheated on him? How could he take her back?" and I think they probably talk it out like adults? If there's no permanent consequence like disease or pregnancy, I mean...

I'm not sure exactly where I'm going with this, I guess it's just funny to me that I used to be all "Oh, they cheated?!" and that'd be license for that person to lose everything with no brakes on that pain train, and now that seems dumb as hell

• Options
    that tortoise needs little grippy shoes

then he will catch truck

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    sometimes it is good to remember that you communicate in an anglosphere with several hundred million other internet users

if one in a thousand people is abhorrent - not too extreme a prospect, surely? - then that is several hundred thousand people who can send you abuse at will

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    There's something really funny about the fact that in @Jacobkosh's Deadline Miami playlist, the track Obsession has a slideshow of Christian Bale pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0SUZRzp7Sg

Like whoever uploaded the video wanted to communicate how crazy they are about him and that song being accessible for listening to is just incidental to that message

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    But Choco, the pain train haven't brakes.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    i do sense that there are some people who cannot adapt to that reality though

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Tied up with cheating is the dishonesty involved with lying about it and, if it's a prolonged affair or the other party is using dating apps when they're "working away from home" or something, the sneaky pre-meditated aspect of it, and this can permanently damage your trust in someone. And once you not only don't trust them but also have concrete reasons not to trust them, it can be hard waking up next to that person every day without wanting to throw them out of a window.

But there are worse things to do in a marriage or a relationship, for sure.

• Options
    I like having a recurring theme for my avatar.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Tied up with cheating is the dishonesty involved with lying about it and, if it's a prolonged affair or the other party is using dating apps when they're "working away from home" or something, the sneaky pre-meditated aspect of it, and this can permanently damage your trust in someone. And once you not only don't trust them but also have concrete reasons not to trust them, it can be hard waking up next to that person every day without wanting to throw them out of a window.

Yeah, misusing trust, that's generally the worst part of cheating.

I forgave an old girlfriend for cheating once but I felt like I'd just be a fool to forgive her and stick with it the second time I caught her doing it.

kedinik on
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Oh totally, it's just that it used to be one of those things I was able to work myself into some ridiculous righteous fury over, in the sense that if someone did it they were valueless as a person, even if it had nothing to do with me

It's damaging and awful and a horrible thing to do to someone but it just doesn't really tweak my brain quite so viscerally like I used to find it did

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    This Luigi doesn't look good when scaled down though.

• Options
    !!!

Wrigley's hiding behind my monitor, watching me!

I'm being stalked by a giant black baby!

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    This Luigi doesn't look good when scaled down though.

I'm happy with how my new av scales down.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    classy:
    3teampc41qzx.jpg
    92xfuilkpzpq.jpg

(COMEX is an IT fair that degenerated into a general computer electronics sales fair)

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Like hanging loo roll backwards

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    oh wow, GW is making a new model for Nagash.

You know he's badass with that silly hat.

BD30BB95-1E5C-442C-8AC9-65A0FD9E7991_zpstably3kt.jpg

• Options
    God one of the funniest things Cass would do before we moved in together was to call me up on the phone in a quivering, scared voice to tell me her cat was staring at her

"Aaron? Help!"

"Hey, what's going on?"

"I'm being stalked..."

"By who?!"

"An enormous baby!"

It was entertaining every time to play along but I find we don't make the joke much anymore since Wrigley's not an especially menacing baby

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Yeah it is a shitty thing she did but shaming her publicly is also shitty.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Like hanging loo roll backwards

i dont hang loo roll at all

i put it on my finger and spin

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I bet that model is reasonably priced and not a horrible piece of gouging nonsense.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

zombie pope

• Options
    Comex 2014 promises to be different

Guess what? It's Comex time again, and this time, Singapore’s biggest IT exhibition will be held from 28 to 31 August at Levels 4 and 6 of the Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre. Doors will open from 12pm to 9pm in this span of 4 days, and as always, admission is free.

To celebrate the tech show's 21st anniversary, Comex 2014 will be a bit different from other years. Lined up for you is a series of technology-related activities, including a lucky draw and the opportunity to snag some hot deals even before the show officially opens.

Here's a summary of the show highlights:

1. Tech Show Case - If you wish to get up close and personal with the latest gadgets in town, this is the area to be. A slew of tech gadgets (including wearables) will be showcased here.

2. The Stage - Here is where you can get the know-how on the hottest product launches, and learn how their features fit seamlessly into your lifestyle.

3. Tech Fashion Show - Yes, a fashion show at Comex! Feast your eyes as models strut the runway with tech gadgets suited to 6 different themes: Casual, Sports, Office, Gamers, Family, and Travel.

4. Gamers' Hub - Gamers, this is the place to gather. Here, you get to pre-order your favorite consoles and games for Xbox and PlayStation, as well as witness exciting PvP matches from Strife at the Asiasoft booth. Also, stand to get the best deals for your gaming peripherals.

5. Guess-the-Babe Contest - From 11 till 24 August, you can catch the preview of booth babes online on the Comex and IT Show Facebook page. Guess the brand they represent, and you stand to walk away with $100 in cash. The winner results will be out on August 25 at 5pm.

6. Booth Babes Selfie Contest - Selfies are going to take Comex by storm this year! During Comex 2014 (August 28 to 31), snap a selfie with the booth babes, upload it to Facebook and Instagram with the hashtag #comexbabes, and you stand to win $300 in cash!

7. Lucky Draw - Over $40,000 worth of cash and prizes are to be won at this year's Comex. Simply spend or deposit a minimum of $100 at Comex 2014, or sign up at Airbnb to earn a chance to win!

so they're desperate and I understand why, the market is now flooded with "IT fairs" that are more or less just selling the same electronics at the same prices as the rest of the year, and COMEX has lost its cachet

but that doesn't really call for three separate fair events where young ladies walk around in minimal clothing, even in singapore

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    I bet that model is reasonably priced and not a horrible piece of gouging nonsense.

Rumor mill says... 85 dollars!

• Options
    God one of the funniest things Cass would do before we moved in together was to call me up on the phone in a quivering, scared voice to tell me her cat was staring at her

"Aaron? Help!"

"Hey, what's going on?"

"I'm being stalked..."

"By who?!"

"An enormous baby!"

It was entertaining every time to play along but I find we don't make the joke much anymore since Wrigley's not an especially menacing baby

is that

is that funny

or really disconcerting

hmmmmmmmm

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Wrigley has the night brain spiders

He's rushing across the top of the couch, then lying down in a random spot, then rushing back under the dining room table, then batting a toy, then running elsewhere

I am exercising extreme self-restraint and discipline in not rushing after him and grabbing him to cuddle

F5mjb9L.gif

• Options
    But then again, I think Nagash will end up being a collector's model thingie anyway - he's the mightiest undead creature in the Warhammer world and wipes out armies on his own.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Also let's not automatically assume she actually did the stuff she's been accused of by an angry vindictive ex-boyfriend.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Agents of SHIELD picks up immensely in the last third of the series, but it is frequently iffy before that. You can see the season long arc once it's all done and understand why some things had to be kept entirely under wraps, but it doesn't make some of the boring episodes any more palatable.

It ends up being a really good show, but it was a bit of a rocky road getting there. By the end the characters are almost all interesting and have shown some range, but up until about halfway through the show I wouldn't have cared much if everyone bar Coulson and May was thrown into a wood chipper.

That sounds like a big investment to get to the quality.

I can see where Bogart is coming from but I disagree with his assessment. I enjoyed the early parts of Agents much more than the general population. It is a slow burner but it is deliberately a slow burner and there is lots of little details going on. They made full use of the extended televisual format to tell a long form story and play with audience expectations. For example, one character in particular, Ward, is considered an incredibly boring personality vacuum. Over the first few epsiodes there was massive levels of complaints about how boring he was, and then there's an episode about Ward and how the rest of the team think he's an incredibly boring personality vacuum.

That's clever. That's good.

And the thematic development of the season is a delight, it is beautifully paced.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    815165 wrote: »
    zombie pope

YqXl7vR.png

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Like I use to be one of those people who, when a story like that would come up would join in the chorus of screaming CHEATING WHORE!

Now though, when it happens and it is clear the person being cheated on is just perpetuating it I wonder if the cheating party was not at least partly justified.

This discussion has been closed.