Options

[Steam] Thread: Holy cow this 2K sale is the real deal

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Bubby wrote: »
    I just can't get used to the new blue circular steam logo.
    Motherfucking this!
    Bring back Steam Classic!

?

RxBF1mp.gif

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Quite possibly.

Weird because Shadowcaster is also shown in the @ system as a PA user. I'm probably either dreadfully confusing someone or buzzing a derelict account.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Quite possibly.

Weird because Shadowcaster is also shown in the @ system as a PA user. I'm probably either dreadfully confusing someone or buzzing a derelict account.

Shadowcaster joined in 2007, and has exactly 0 posts, so yeah ... :D

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I actually like the new Steam Icon/blue tinge to everything.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I also welcome our new blue logo Overlord. Hail Emperor Kodos Gabe!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Okay, so that naming kerfuffle is sorted. Shdwcaster has Sunless Sea and I put a re-roll ticket in to see who'll wind up with Crypt of the Necrodancer.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Quite possibly.

Shadowcaster joined in 2007, and has exactly 0 posts, so yeah ... :D

And this right here, is why I'm Shdwcaster on pretty much every forum. Because A. The proper spelling is almost always taken, usually by someone who never posts, and B. Eventually it's easier to just be consistent.

Anyway, @Albino Bunny‌ and I got it all sorted out, and Sunless Sea now lurks in my SteamBank, ready for me to lose my mind (probably while sitting on a train) and eat my crew.

Thanks!

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    @akajaybay seeing as you have the most time of all my friends in Guncraft, do you have any thoughts on it? I was just looking at the multiplayer and it looks like it could be a lot of fun with a bunch of people.

Huh. My initial thought is what's Guncraft? I'm going to guess it was a card idling thing. It is not sounding familiar at all.
    Edit after looking it up:
    Yeah weird, don't recall that one. The last round of card mining I did I try to actually play through the time allotted on each game unless I decided I didn't care for it at all.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    Just an FYI. The game updates internally sometimes so you'll need a Fallen London account and not being on a train for that.

Plus last I tried it wasn't a great fan of dodgy internet connections. So the train thing might be a hit or miss occasion.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Yeah but you also prefer controllers over KBAM so your judgement is already suspect. :P

:P

I hate the new icon and the design and the microscopic fonts. Happily, my Steam skin still works so most of it is overwritten except for that ugly icon.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    So, Divinity:OS is really cool but I'm having a hard time with it. I don't know what I'm doing or where to go, everything seems to be too high level for me (level 3.) I'm just running around the city talking to people and I just spent about ten minutes fireballing a couple locked doors to death and I sold some paintings I found in a house I somehow entered from said fireballed doors and what is even happening?

The first few things you want to do to get the ball rolling in Divinity after exploring town.
    Step 1
    Talk to folks around town, do some small quests steps. Find a cave under town. Get the murder mystery progressed a bit. All of this should get you to around level 3 so you may be all good on that.
    Step 2
    Head out the west gate and investigate that general area of the map. Fights will be tough but the enemies should be in the 3-4 range. Do everything in that section of the map. Out west, and down south from that gate. Should get you a few more levels.
    Step 3
    North gate territory was next I believe including a cave you should have some business in. It's easy to miss but said cave has a 2nd way out of it from the way you came in
    The rest
    I believe then the SW gate out of town, followed by east/NE. You can kind of start checking levels of things you run in to to test the water.

And quick save often. You can also set it to use a greater number of quick save slots before overwriting previous ones.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I did not see this posted, but there is a Humble Flash Rhythm Bundle. Slightly less than 2 hours left.

Base Tier:
    Probability 0
    Electronic Super Joy: Groove CIty

BTA:
    Electronic Super Joy + Bonus Content
    + Runner 2 + Good Friends Character Pack

$7 tier:
    Kickbeat

All steam keys.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Yeah but you also prefer controllers over KBAM so your judgement is already suspect. :P

:P

I hate the new icon and the design and the microscopic fonts. Happily, my Steam skin still works so most of it is overwritten except for that ugly icon.

All of yesterday when I was leveling up a new dude in Planetside 2?

Totally using a controller.

:D

Also, I have a BA in Fine Art, so my aesthetic judgement carries the full weight of a generally useless degree. ;)

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The new Steam icon is okay, but I would much prefer if it still signified when it was downloading something at a glance instead of having to mouse over it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    New Steam Icon/Skin looks like they're trying to match it closer to SteamOS/Big Picture Mode.

• Options
    So Gimbal is on sale. Decided to pick it up and then spent fifteen minutes futzing around with the editor.

This seems like it's going to be a great little game. You guys should totally grab it so we can have PA rounds of this blowing up eachothers ship designs.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Deep Silver really wanting to get those last few bucks out of the Metro titles with the Redux like a week away it seems.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Groupees Be Mine 14 bundle is live

$1
    Meltdown
    Little Big Adventure 2
    Legacy! (Alpha Game)

$5
    Betrayer
    The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths
    Whispering Willows
    Consortium

More to be added as bundles sold tiers are reached including Eschalon: Book III

A little on Betrayer:

I only managed to put in about 30 minutes or so and I love the art style of it. It might get tiresome if it stays the same over the length of the game but for now, the black and white with the red accents is very distinct. There is a great sense of isolation and mystery so far in the game. I definitely have it on my "Play some more soon" list.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

It is the future.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I thought the future was chrome.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

I am all sorts of glad that Apple's dumb shit "everything should look like brushed metal" phase is over.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

I am all sorts of glad that Apple's dumb shit "everything should look like brushed metal" phase is over.

So you're as excited for the "everything should look like shiny chrome" phase that is surely coming as I am?

Imagine how wonderful the world would be if everything just reflected everything!

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Ed Gruberman for Betrayer. It's really nice to know the folks around here look out for each other in whatever ways we can.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    $1.25 for Marlow Briggs a fun and funny hack'em up. As I've been underwhelmed playing Darksiders, I've thought to myself a couple times, "man, I wish this was more like Marlow Briggs."

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Humble Jumbo Bundle 2

Tier 1:
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete Pack
    Deadlight
    Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition

BTA:
    Terraria
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition
    Crusader Kings II + 3 DLC Unit Packs

Pay $15 for:
    Age of Empires Legacy Bundle

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    edited August 2014

So you're as excited for the "everything should look like shiny chrome" phase that is surely coming as I am?

Imagine how wonderful the world would be if everything just reflected everything!

Glass. I think the next trend is glass/crystalline appearance. Not that faux-window thing where everything just shows through a semi-clear overlay, either. I'm talking full refraction, shifts in color, etc.

It'll be like having CRT screens, but on the inside of the computer.

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    OK, so Witcher seems to have opened up a little bit. First off, I didn't even realize you could/think to try and loot bodies. I wonder what I missed off those first few enemies I slaughtered while thinking to myself "man, Geralt really doesn't give any care at all to looking like a dork waving that sword above his head..." Second, holy shit you have a lot of stat upgrade options! I think I'll keep going with this for now. I still can't believe how old this game is. I didn't realize it was from 2007.

• Options
    edited August 2014

Same for Windows' glass or semi-transparency phase.

Edit: As usual, I take too long to write posts.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Fawst wrote: »
    I still can't believe how old this game is. I didn't realize it was from 2007.

Damn whippersnapper.

Madican on
  • Options
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Humble Jumbo Bundle 2

Tier 1:
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete Pack (Steam)
    Deadlight (Steam)
    Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition (Steam)

BTA:
    Terraria (Steam)
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition (Steam)
    Crusader Kings II + 3 DLC Unit Packs (Steam)

Pay $15 for:
    Age of Empires Legacy Bundle (Steam)

I'm conflicted. I want that bundle only for the above bolded game, but I can honestly only pay, like, a buck which feels like I'm cheating the developers out of money.

I'm going to have to think on this . . .

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Humble Jumbo Bundle 2

Tier 1:
    Deadlight

BTA:
    Terraria

Pay $15 for:

is Van Helsing any good? also can anyone say how good the controller support is? I do prefer these kind of games with controller

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Humble Jumbo Bundle 2

Tier 1:
    Deadlight

BTA:
    Terraria

Pay $15 for:

Swore I wasn't buying games for awhile, but I bit on the BTA pack. I'd waffled on CK2 and Van Helsing a bunch of times so I figured now was the time.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So now it's had time to shake out a bit, does Consortium hold up to its early promise? The conceit of how the player controls a character sounded...interesting, but does the game carry itself?

ETA: Lighting the @Drake beacon

CroakerBC on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Isorn I get to Murder a bunch of Miners
    As opposed to @minor incident‌s

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    Humble Jumbo Bundle 2

Tier 1:
    Deadlight

BTA:
    Terraria

Pay $15 for:

is Van Helsing any good? also can anyone say how good the controller support is? I do prefer these kind of games with controller

Van Helsing is very good if you like ARPGs. I don't know that it does anything particularly groundbreaking or whatever, but it's solid and entertaining (and I'm a huge sucker for stuff that melds magic and steampunk stuff into one delicious gooey treat).

I don't know how well it plays with controller, though, if at all.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Invisible Inc. is out on early access btw.

It's like stealth X-Com from the guys who brought you Mark of the Ninja.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    Humble Jumbo Bundle 2

Tier 1:
    Deadlight

BTA:
    Terraria

Pay $15 for:

Van Helsing is very good if you like ARPGs. I don't know that it does anything particularly groundbreaking or whatever, but it's solid and entertaining (and I'm a huge sucker for stuff that melds magic and steampunk stuff into one delicious gooey treat).

I don't know how well it plays with controller, though, if at all.

the Steam page lists full controller support so as long as the game is pretty decent then it's not too much of a gamble

that's far too many games bought today between this, the Groupees bundle and the new Trials Frontier DLC

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I think van helsing had a console release too?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    signature.png

The winner of the Mass Effect "Collection" is @JasonFour.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to add you as a friend right now. Try adding me and I'll send it over.

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    @rikdaly‌, provided it handles like the demo does, the Van Helsing controller controls are good. Also, at least within the demo there was plenty of humor and some simple sidequests to go along with all the monster killing, and all the monsters have Eastern European names to add to the flavor. It's like Torchlight but with more snark, great graphics (for an ARPG) and abundant action.

Which is why I'd feel bad only paying a buck for it. ;)

This discussion has been closed.