As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fresh (1994) starring Samuel L. [chat]

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    The Windows event has moved along to Q&A time and we get this gem...
    Q: Can you talk about the name? Seems weird going from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

A: This product, when you see the product in your fullness I think you'll agree with us that it's a more appropriate name.

1) WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!
    2) In... in my fullness? Am I supposed to be erect/aroused when using Windows 10?

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I feel pretty, oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and briiiiight and I pity any girl who isn't meeee tonight!

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Even the robot knows I dun goofed

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    quick napkin math, that amount of frequent flyer miles would keep you in the air for almost 4 years straight if you just wanted to fly around the equator and get in air refueling @ 900mph.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    entertain me while I fold clothes
    syndalis wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Ello is a social network that lacks ads and is supposed to make money selling features. They also promise not to do data mining.

I feel the key to success here is to promise that and then renege on the promises.

At some point they have to monetize.

Will people be willing to pay like 20-30 bucks a year for a Facebook sans-bullshit?

I might.

I would pay 20 dollars for someone to go punch every person who tries to get me to give them lives in Candy Crush in the mouth

20 bucks per person or total

nevermind I'll do it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    not sure about the waxed chest though

do women really like that?

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Steve Aoki's attorney has issued a Cease & Desist to the satire site wundergroundmusic.com for not-selling this tshirt which does not actually exist.

ask-me-about-my-shit-dj-AOKI.jpg

http://wundergroundmusic.com/real-news-steve-aoki-to-sue-wunderground-issues-cease-desist/

dem abs

that is my goal

:winky:

see this is all i want

for all the ladies to be all :winky: as i walk by

is that so much to ask?

I want this too. Stupid young pretty college kids all around me.

you are young!

and pretty!

That's sweet of you to say to an old crone like me.

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    ell is interesting and i'm actually writing about it for work stuff

for one, they took a little less than half a million from venture capitalists, which means they plan to sell down the line

they also have some odd clauses in their privacy policy that they won't share your data with another company unless they partner with them

i can't think of any businesses with long term viability that doesn't have partners

tl dr ello is going to fail but i have invite codes if you want

So, my baby brother posted about ello on FB the other day, I have no idea what it is...please inform.

social media made by a small group of artists and designers with no ads and is invite only

B00008OTFB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

OOOOOOOOOH! I remember those, "Blameless Cleric"‌ loved them! No wonder it sounded so familiar...after all, one can't forget the pain of stepping on those damn things

Oh hey, those things were fun!

Good morning, Baby Girl :)

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    It's 2pm maybe I should put on pants.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    The Windows event has moved along to Q&A time and we get this gem...
    Q: Can you talk about the name? Seems weird going from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

A: This product, when you see the product in your fullness I think you'll agree with us that it's a more appropriate name.

1) WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!
    2) In... in my fullness? Am I supposed to be erect/aroused when using Windows 10?

Windows 10
    inch

spool32 on
  • Options
    Steve Aoki's attorney has issued a Cease & Desist to the satire site wundergroundmusic.com for not-selling this tshirt which does not actually exist.

http://wundergroundmusic.com/real-news-steve-aoki-to-sue-wunderground-issues-cease-desist/

dem abs

that is my goal

see this is all i want

is that so much to ask?

you are young!

and pretty!

we are the same age! =|

and i am still young >.>

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Started reading through the material for my statistics module
    Each unit contains some light-hearted material which is for amusement only and should not be taken seriously. Any light-hearted material is distinguished by a band down the left-hand side of the page, as illustrated here:
    [picture]
    These are not an essential part of the module and can be ignored at no disadvantage.

Yes, the course material contains a visual signifier for jokes.

Mathematicians

• Options

Eh, I've always felt you should do hair removal for yourself rather than someone else.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    To be fair, it's not like this is anything new. Microsoft already skipped from XBox to XBox 360 to XBox One. Fuck how numbers actually work.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Hi all! Here, have a peek into the Life and Times of a Fucked Up Family! *que dramatic music*

My Mom's little sister, my-barely-44yr old aunt, was killed in a car accident a couple of months ago. The autopsy results are back, she weight about 110 lbs and her blood alcohol level was .26. Rather than mourning my maternal grandfather has taken this tragic opportunity to prove what a dick he is. I won't go into ALL of the details, but here are some of the highlights:

*Granddad doesn't inform his exwife, my aunt's mother, of their daughter's death
    *Granddad illegally, and against the will of his two living daughters, signs custody of my aunt's remains over to her live-in boyfriend
    *Grandad advises the live-in boyfriend that he'd stand to inherit (there is A LOT to inherit) if he were the common law husband
    *Granddad gets the boyfriend an attorney, even though the boyfriend is wealthy of his own accord
    *Boyfriend runs and puts an obit in a local paper stating my aunt was married to him, but he misspells her name and gets her date of birth wrong
    *Boyfriend & Granddad send my mom and her remaining sister off to see what's left of the car as a distraction while they sneak off and have my aunt cremated in secret
    *We get the autopsy results and discover they were at Boyfriend's bar and he was serving her, and chose not to take her keys
    *Aunt's mother finds out her daughter is dead, and hires an attorney
    *Aunt's mother turns out to be a PI, looks into Boyfriend and finds out he's actually probably married to someone else - there's a record of the marriage, no record of a divorce or annulment, and or the woman's death
    *Mom and remaining aunt hire an attorney to try and become the executors of their sister's estate
    *Remaining aunt reads the death certificate for the first time, seeing that it's marked that her sister had never been married and is signed by Boyfriend
    *Granddad reassures Boyfriend that he's in his corner and will help him - read that as: spend the trust money that's the only hope of keeping the family ranch in the family

My mom and my aunt filed yesterday morning, Boyfriend, who is refusing to give up any of my aunt's belongings, got tipped off by my grandfather and also filed on Monday morning.

And so the world turns, in Central Texas.

Holy shit
    That is so Texas. <3 Sorry that you have to deal with that.

They are all from Dallas....hmm, maybe there is something to this.
    Really its just a thing that happens. It seems to be bigger here and with more flair.
    But like, my BF went through the same thing when his Mom passed. And my Mom is going through this right now but with a close family friend, and not in Texas.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    lol just realized I'm wearing white socks with brown shoes and a black belt

I'm the worst person so far

Mrs. DoctorArch would literally keep me from leaving the house if I committed such a grievous fashion faux pas.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    For the record, I live in Texas and love it very much. That wasn't a knock on Texas, it was an endearment.

• Options

Depends on the woman and the guy. I'm not into fur, but I also don't want my man to look like he's prepubescent, 'cause that's just gross.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Like most things, that depends on the lady.

Some ladies do not like body hair.

Some ladies do.

Same way dudes have preferences on that kind of stuff.

• Options
    Unless you are literally indistinguishable from a bear.

Then it might be time for personal grooming.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

dem abs

that is my goal

see this is all i want

is that so much to ask?

you are young!

and pretty!

cindypls

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    It pleases me that at one point Pepsi had the 7th largest sub fleet in the world.

• Options
    ell is interesting and i'm actually writing about it for work stuff

for one, they took a little less than half a million from venture capitalists, which means they plan to sell down the line

they also have some odd clauses in their privacy policy that they won't share your data with another company unless they partner with them

i can't think of any businesses with long term viability that doesn't have partners

tl dr ello is going to fail but i have invite codes if you want

So, my baby brother posted about ello on FB the other day, I have no idea what it is...please inform.
    I'm interested in trying ello but I hear they want you to pay for privacy.

• Options

Eh, I've always felt you should do hair removal for yourself rather than someone else.

i mean i get it

I like the hairless look, i just don't know if i want it on me

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    i'm starting up a club called "Our Parents Wouldn't Let Us Play Barbie"
    Founders TTODewback and @Blameless Cleric‌ .
    Applications are now open.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options

I've been there. It is terrible.

Like, it really shouldn't be a big deal. Worst case scenario, people will ignore it. And yet, it's still absolutely mortifying and always makes me want to just shove my feet under my desk where they can't be seen.

• Options
    It's 2pm maybe I should put on pants.

Pants are overrated.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I feel like Microsoft may be missing the point again by making one OS experience for all their devices.

Phones are not tablets are not laptops are not desktops are not HTPCs. They can share a common core and design language but how you interface needs to be built around the strengths of the individual platforms.

All in one desktops with touch screens have been the dumbest part of this past cycle of windows, and it looks like that is still where things are for MS.

If they're gonna keep with the all in ones they should at least put more effort into them. Large, wall mounted screens with kinect style cameras for gesture and voice control

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I have decided that for me Crackle is short-hand for opening your mouth to say something, then deciding to close your mouth and say nothing instead.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i live on texas too

its delicious

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    spoiler: I do not have an AMEX black card, or even know if they come in black or whether that is a thing. It sounded cool as fk tho.

yeah, there is a black / centurion card.

You can spend p much anything on it.

Some guy bought an ancient Chinese porcelain egg for 36 million on a single swipe of their card.

It's p fucked.

He had to make swipes in $50,000 increments due to Chinese laws. Also it was a cup. And it netted him 422 million Amex points. Which should be in the ballpark of 27 million FF miles from various groups.

I feel like that would've ruined some of the fun of having the card...

pay a peasant to swipe for you.

But then who swipes for that transaction.

Ownd

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    We have a big 54" touch screen for tradeshows. The first thing everyone does is open MS Paint.

• Options
    They're calling the Hong Kong protests the "Umbrella Revolution" which is a silly name but I guess better than "Occupy Central With Peace and Love".

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Mrs. DoctorArch would literally keep me from leaving the house if I committed such a grievous fashion faux pas.[/quote]

I have no one holding the reins! I'm doing this totally off-script!

Mistakes will be made on occasion >_>

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    google flights is telling me I can get round trip tickets to tokyo for a week for like 1200$. Increase want to go.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I like guys without hair.

I also like guys with body hair. It's not that big of a deal.

• Options

i mean i get it

I like the hairless look, i just don't know if i want it on me

When I'm not single my hair on my head and rest of body is up to the lady I'm with.

Because, for me, everything I do about my appearance is for other people that have to look at me. So whatever they are into goes.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    desc wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Skippy lately I feel like my attitude has changed

I used to have this split opinion about fancy cars that they were often well-engineered connoisseur items even if the owners were often walking advertisements for class war

But lately every time I see an expensive sportsy luxury car I just think, "What a fucking tryhard"

Hmm

idk people want different things from their cars

some people want brums

some people want the car to parallel park itself

and some people want both!

I am turning into a Chu

Everyone should just drive a Mazda 3 sedan

i heart my little vw

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

Mrs. DoctorArch would literally keep me from leaving the house if I committed such a grievous fashion faux pas.

I have no one holding the reins! I'm doing this totally off-script!

Mistakes will be made on occasion >_>[/quote]

Own it and call it a fashion statement *sage nod*

This discussion has been closed.