Options

Drunk People Have More Fun than [Chat]

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @Winky

I was reading a review for Coup that was really negative about it, and was beginning to regret purchasing it

but then I came to this line:
    Another angle, as others have pointed out, is to just have fun with it as a lightweight social game. There's nothing wrong with that, although I can think of more fun things to do than play a game poorly for fun[.]

aaaand review ignored

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Cescas On A Plane?

Cesca in a Cesna?

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    Wash, do you watch RLM's Pre-Rec videos?

Yeah, but I haven't watched any of their twitch stuff in a month or so.

That's fine. I'm just talking about the posted reviews.

In the segments where they interview each other, sitting across from each other at a table, they only use two cameras; there's no master shot. Only two singles.

I've noticed something with that setup. When one person is talking the shot is on them. However, there are times when they are both talking and you really can't hear the off-camera person all that well. This leads me to believe that they are recording each person's audio only to the camera they are appearing on. Which means that they are making a very conscious choice to do as little host audio mixing as possible.

At first this bugged me a bit, but then I realized that they have hella audio problems in that warehouse that they shoot everything. If you watch any HitB or BotW segments, any time that they're sitting around, lav'd up, doing back and forth discussions, they have to mix so fucking tight in post because if two or more mics are open at a time (especially when people are laughing or talking over each other) then it just instantly sounds like room reverb'd death. They try to mix around that as much as possible but sometimes they just have to go with it. So that they choose to take Pre-Rec a different route, mixing-wise, is kinda interesting.

I dunno why I wanted to type that out but there it is.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular

In the segments where they interview each other, sitting across from each other at a table, they only use two cameras; there's no master shot. Only two singles.

I've noticed something with that setup. When one person is talking the shot is on them. However, there are times when they are both talking and you really can't hear the off-camera person all that well. This leads me to believe that they are recording each person's audio only to the camera they are appearing on. Which means that they are making a very conscious choice to do as little host audio mixing as possible.

At first this bugged me a bit, but then I realized that they have hella audio problems in that warehouse that they shoot everything. If you watch any HitB or BotW segments, any time that they're sitting around, lav'd up, doing back and forth discussions, they have to mix so fucking tight in post because if two or more mics are open at a time (especially when people are laughing or talking over each other) then it just instantly sounds like room reverb'd death. They try to mix around that as much as possible but sometimes they just have to go with it. So that they choose to take Pre-Rec a different route, mixing-wise, is kinda interesting.

Their studio has all the problems.

For one, it's near an airport. For another, the place next door is a kennel. So all day they're dealing with planes and barking.

With Pre-Rec, Jack's doing all the editing, and I'm guessing he gives fewer fucks.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Morning. Wow, that was some of the best food of my life I had yesterday.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

Simple peasant food I hope?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

I was reading a review for Coup that was really negative about it, and was beginning to regret purchasing it

but then I came to this line:
    Another angle, as others have pointed out, is to just have fun with it as a lightweight social game. There's nothing wrong with that, although I can think of more fun things to do than play a game poorly for fun[.]

aaaand review ignored

Coup is great. It's fun even if you're terrible at it and squander your lives in the first two turns.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    On the subject of boardgames I had a couple of really flat games of the resistance yesterday.

Makes me sad.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    On the subject of boardgames I had a couple of really flat games of the resistance yesterday.

Makes me sad.

We had two of those last time as well. Three three round victories for the resistance with no spies on any mission at all. It can be a great game but it can be iffy depending on the first team as well.

Oh hey Knightmare is on. This NPC maid is a bit foxy.

• Options
    Kalkino wrote: »

No, multiple course menu in Germany's oldest sparkling wine* production plant. It's pretty awesome.
    * it's not champagne because of WWI

• Options

No, multiple course menu in Germany's oldest sparkling wine* production plant. It's pretty awesome.
    This sounds relevant to my interests.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular

For one, it's near an airport. For another, the place next door is a kennel. So all day they're dealing with planes and barking.

With Pre-Rec, Jack's doing all the editing, and I'm guessing he gives fewer fucks.

An airport and a kennel? I'd have razed that place to the ground years ago.

• Options

Oh I see. Well we have sparkling wine too in NZ, although that isn't WW1's fault

Although there is something to be said in that ww1 harmed the alcohol industry in NZ

Our industry seems to have largely been pioneered by Dalmatian/Croats and Lebanese Christian migrants

• Options
    edited November 2014

This sounds relevant to my interests.
    If you want quality sparkles, try Kessler.
    It's, apart from Daimler Benz, probably the most well known product of the region.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    What was on the menu?

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    oh shit

the latest patch to the DayZ experimental servers

added cannibalism

WELCOME TO FLAVOR COUNTRY

• Options

An airport and a kennel? I'd have razed that place to the ground years ago.

It's kind of impressive how much shit they put up with. Even with the BotW/WotW episodes.

...Especially with the BotW/WotW episodes.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    oh shit

the latest patch to the DayZ experimental servers

added cannibalism

WELCOME TO FLAVOR COUNTRY

cannibalism

more like

hannibalism

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Busy day planned.

Get a particularly nice photo of my Dad and Jack printed and framed for his Christmas present.
    Do some Santee shopping, figure out best balance of internet purchases vs local commerce, keeping in mind it will cost £London to post much.
    Attend Continental Market, eat Currywurst

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    When I breathe it sounds like a squeaky toy.

Allergies are hitler

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

Allergies are hitler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWoTIJlE630

• Options

Allergies are hitler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o6m07fK6QY

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Don't snatch, Winky

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

Allergies are hitler

dude that is called wheezing - that is the literal technical name for it, when it squeaks like that - and it marks the point at which you really should be using a rescue inhaler. do you have one, or a scrip for one? get one asap.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Allergies are hitler

dude that is called wheezing - that is the literal technical name for it, when it squeaks like that - and it marks the point at which you really should be using a rescue inhaler. do you have one, or a scrip for one? get one asap.

I mean, I've been like this all my life, I know how to deal with my respiratory problems.

It doesn't make it blow any less.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    :( Not playing Romulan because I can't use a trill lady.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options

Allergies are hitler

I mean, I've been like this all my life, I know how to deal with my respiratory problems.

It doesn't make it blow any less.

Except when it does blow you sound like you swallowed a dog toy

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    What was on the menu?

Ok, I'll try to translate... ahem:

Entree - Wild herb salad with vinaigrette; confit prawn on orange-fennel carpaccio with pimento; smoked comfrey soup with milk froth dome
    During the entree fresh baked bread of various sorts with tomato-butter and/or herb cream cheese was served.

Intermediate - Roasted filet of Zander at caramelized pumpkin and sweet potato purée

Main - Sous vide refined veal at bardolino jus with sautéed vegetables and potato biscuit

Desert - from miniature chocolate cake with soft filling to cranberry sorbet and much more I don't remember it all

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    awright I boughted dragon age deluxe for $44.99 off mexican origin

yay

override367 on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Yuck. Talking to my ex last night has got me IN A MOOD. I was torn between not knowing enough and knowing too much and got stuck right in the middle

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Now I'm just super hungover and about to fly in a plane

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    That sounds lovely.
    Anyplace that has freshly baked bread and cream cheese is alright by me

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Just don't talk to your exes. That goes for everyone.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

As befits his statute. It was bread and gruel.

• Options
    Oh, and the wedding was lovely, too! (he hastily added)

• Options
    Cream cheese? Is that what the white sourish butter stuff you get with bread in Germany is?

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Allergies are hitler

Here is the definitive way to figure this out. Do you look just like Buddy Holly?

• Options
    Cream cheese? Is that what the white sourish butter stuff you get with bread in Germany is?

I... what horrors has Düsseldorf unleashed on you, Jojo?
    Also, this stuff was minty green (because of the herbs or toothpaste, who knows).

This discussion has been closed.