Options

[Steam] The Turkey Coma Dale Fest Party Long Weekend Thing has arrived!

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    subi wrote: »
    I think steam support is faster than HB ,but both of them gave their best to solve problems :)

Have...have you used steam support before?

Anytime I've used it it took forever to get a response and it was usually to do something that I had already stated in my original support ticket that I had done. I think most others here have similar stories.

The one time I used HB support I got a response the next day and my problem was solved.

• Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    They fixed mine problem after 3 month...

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    They fixed mine problem after 3 month...
    Someone here got their problem fixed in a couple days.... after e-mailing The Newell himself and raining hellfire down upon him.

sig.gif
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I'm going ridiculously slow, but I'm legitimately disappointed in myself for not playing Saints Row IV as soon as I got it.

After the wreck yesterday my wife decided that driving our van out to feed her horse just wasn't worth it so she asked the couple that runs the stable to feed in her absence. The $5 seemed worth it to keep her at ease and out of the van with a sore neck. As he's being fed he bolted his food (because he's an idiot) and started to choke. That's an emergency vet call and monitoring every 2 hours to make sure he doesn't take a turn for the worse. I had to stay home (turns out the state frowns on leaving 4 year old kids all alone even if they're sleeping - thanks, Obama!) while she went out monitoring and the escape mission was the first time I'd smiled all night.

Technically spoilers, but everybody but me should have played SR IV by now:
    Not only did I get to fly a spaceship to "What is love" but this made me legitimately laugh out loud and may become my wallpaper at work.

?.jpg

Also, yesterday can fuck right off and die. It took my car, tried to take my wife's horse, and between the two it took (and will take) more money than I really want to let go of. And I have no real idea how I'm getting to work tomorrow. Yay!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Skyrim's illusion magic sucks balls until you get into the college of winterhold.

Illusion was great at everything but killing the last guy. It's power was pretty high.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I hope things take a turn for the better soon, @jclast. Best to you and your family. <3

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    I think steam support is faster than HB ,but both of them gave their best to solve problems :)

Anytime I've used it it took forever to get a response and it was usually to do something that I had already stated in my original support ticket that I had done. I think most others here have similar stories.

The one time I used HB support I got a response the next day and my problem was solved.

I realize my experience might not be the norm, but when I had a steam problem, it was fixed in a week, while my humble bundle problem took closer to a month. So, it can be a toss-up what your experience will be with either service.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

signature.png

@Zavian‌ wins a bunch of fighting ladies!

For the week of Thanksgiving, I feel we must all acknowledge that which we are most thankful for in the form of Steam Gifting.

I am thankful that video games let me murder mooks by the metric assload.

So here's Orcs Must Die 2, an amazing game.

signature.png

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    I hope things take a turn for the better soon, @jclast. Best to you and your family. <3

Thanks. It is already better today than yesterday. My wife says her neck doesn't really hurt, and we started looking at replacement cars.

Also beat Shadow of Mordor - quality keeps up throughout.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Okay, an update after the recent kerfluffle with SteamGifts. The last two contests are over and all the gifts except for one have been distributed. The last gift I have had to re-roll the winner at the request of the first winner that informed me they accidentally entered and did not want the prize.

Anyway without further adieu...

On the third AND fourth day of not Christmas my true love gave to me several more games on Steam for free.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

About 5 hours left on these, and just an FYI, I noticed nobody has entered for Red Alert 3: Uprising. Even though it's an expansion to Red Alert 3 it's stand alone, so if not having RA3 is keeping you from entering that one, don't let it stop you if you want it.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Dragon age question: how do I check to make sure that the game imported my world state from the dragons keep?

Sorry to ask here but I didn't really get an answer in the DA thread.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I didn't realize it was a stand alone. Definitely thought it was an expansion. Huh.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Dragon age question: how do I check to make sure that the game imported my world state from the dragons keep?

In the character creation portion there's an option to import your Dragon's Keep info. When you do it, it will give back a date a time stamp for the Keep info which should match what the Keep shows for your most recent export. I have heard sometimes there's a small delay between the export and DA Inquisition seeing there's a new file there.

• Options
    akajaybay wrote: »

In the character creation portion there's an option to import your Dragon's Keep info. When you do it, it will give back a date a time stamp for the Keep info which should match what the Keep shows for your most recent export. I have heard sometimes there's a small delay between the export and DA Inquisition seeing there's a new file there.

Glad I asked, I missed where it gave me the option to do that. Thanks!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Looks like Gravi is getting some fix now .I just hear that from producer ;)

I heard that Gravi was a lot of fun, but is also really hard sometimes.

Might be something to keep an eye on as it gets closer to release.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Skyrim's illusion magic sucks balls until you get into the college of winterhold.

Illusion was great at everything but killing the last guy. It's power was pretty high.

I generally just preferred lobbing giant fireballs/lightning bolts/ice clumps until things stopped moving.
    Berylline wrote: »

I realize my experience might not be the norm, but when I had a steam problem, it was fixed in a week, while my humble bundle problem took closer to a month. So, it can be a toss-up what your experience will be with either service.

I had a problem just once and it took them 4 days to fix it. During a sale. I feel so weird. :eh:

Kingdoms of Amalur is still rock solid, but man does that game get all kinds of easy after you get a few fate thread things (the permanent boosts at the end of quest chains) and Lorestone boosts in play.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Well crap I lost my cut of the received gift image. Even being to busy with a move and a new rescue horse to do much gaming or even get to my computer much doesn't keep one safe from this thread. Much thanks to @HyphyKezzy‌ for the gift of cloudbuilt defiance which I didn't even know about. Great game and can't wait to dig into the new levels and have some possible successes to distract me from butting my head against the wall that is the last level on the dark path. Heh.
    Thanks!:)

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So, after hearing a friend's war stories, I've finally gotten around to playing XCOM.

It's a real good game.

Also Snipers become nuts when you level them.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    If anyone still doesn't have Insurgency that wants it: https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=wSxs5pyqN4Kqkrmf

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I generally just preferred lobbing giant fireballs/lightning bolts/ice clumps until things stopped moving.

I had a problem just once and it took them 4 days to fix it. During a sale. I feel so weird. :eh:

Kingdoms of Amalur is still rock solid, but man does that game get all kinds of easy after you get a few fate thread things (the permanent boosts at the end of quest chains) and Lorestone boosts in play.

It's a fun game, but the player needs to be aware that it's very possible to make it trivial to proceed. I played it on Hard, doing almost nothing but progressing the story and even then it was very forgiving.

It became hard when I came across almost the end point of the game doing nothing but quest missions. The last region has a level recognition of about 21-45 and I think I was 19 or 20 and it became brutally hard.

There's a heavy penalty to doing missions below your level, but unless you really try, that won't happen.

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Oh Dear Lord, What have you done! :o
    ymjCT47.png
    @HyphyKezzy‌

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shimshai wrote: »

It's a fun game, but the player needs to be aware that it's very possible to make it trivial to proceed. I played it on Hard, doing almost nothing but progressing the story and even then it was very forgiving.

It became hard when I came across almost the end point of the game doing nothing but quest missions. The last region has a level recognition of about 21-45 and I think I was 19 or 20 and it became brutally hard.

There's a heavy penalty to doing missions below your level, but unless you really try, that won't happen.

I'm one of those people who feels compelled to do all the quests, every last one. Which is why the game is so trivial, or so I had guessed. I don't specifically have a problem with easy, but people should know that the game can be really super easy if you, like me, want to do every last quest in a game.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »

I'm one of those people who feels compelled to do all the quests, every last one. Which is why the game is so trivial, or so I had guessed. I don't specifically have a problem with easy, but people should know that the game can be really super easy if you, like me, want to do every last quest in a game.

I should probably clarify that I tried to play through it a few times on hard but became burned out on it a few times for various reasons.

The latest time I played it though, I made a concerted effort to do nothing but play the main story mission and only then did it become difficult on the very last missions. Minor grinding would have solved that issue easily.

It's a great game to be sure, but it might have stood better with more time spent on balance.

Still though, to me it's what the Fable games should have felt like. Being able to balance might, magic and subversive skills so easily together that it felt natural.

We can only hope that more games can develop this blend so well.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I dropped a few hundred on a new Samsung HDTV with my birthday monies and some of my paycheck. It's pretty freaking sweet, and has really good picture compared to my super old Sanyo. My friend Pat and I started TWD season 2 today, and the difference in graphics and resolution is astounding. We got to the part with
    the dog. He chose to feed him and I winced cause I knew how it played out
    and then we both got sad. Then we got to
    the sutreing
    and he physically had to stop. I took over for the rest of the scene but yeah, too brutal for him. He wanted to go onto Ep. 2 but I'm hitting the sack early cause I got an interview tomorrow with JP Morgan/Chase. If I get it there will definitely be sale gifts. Wish me luck y'all!

Tl;dr- got a new tv, steam games look sick, twd still making the feels, new job maybe?

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options

Only really good if you abused enchanting to have a LOT of mana or free spells. Otherwise, on all but the lowest difficulty, enemy groups quickly have too much HP for spells to deal with.

At level 30 or so, a dragon on normal has 2000 HP. You shoot about a spell per second, so assuming you're hitting -25 % resists that is about 20 double firebolts with all requisite feats (fewer double empowered firebolts but much more mana). Which costs, at 100 destruction and with -40% destruction(From Archmage Robes and Dragon Mask Nharkriin) 403 mana. Realistically you will have around 250-300 with items at this point.

We can similarly look at the max damage a two handed weapon user would do. (less than dual wield, but still good damage). They would have access to glass weaponry by this point with a base damage of 23 for the Axe(we are maxing damage so Axes it is). This is increased to 69 by the various perks. A power attack increases this by 2.5 (standing) for a total of 172 damage/swing(a sprinting power attack would actually do less damage due to the weakness of critical damage). Additionally Glass Axes bleed 3 damage/second for 4 seconds, which stacks, so another 12 damage. For 184 per power attack and 81 per normal attack, not including any generic magic enchantment on the Glass Axe(since recharging would be conjuration).

Additionally we can find eminent sure grip rings and bracers which brings us to a total of +60% two handed damage, for 287 damage/power attack and 122 damage/normal attack. All of this before smiting and enchantment of course.

If you are abusing enchantments/smithing then weapons win again, since the damage on weapons is so high its pointless to use anything else

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I mainly used potions and abilities that would quickly regen my Mana, actually. Charged Fireball, hide behind a rock, rinse lather repeat. I found a combination of that and dual wielding to be more useful for my style of play, more of a battlemage with hints of sneaking than anything else.

Also, I'm not one to commonly break down games into a numbers game. That makes is much less fun. It's less about hard numbers and more about what feels right for me. :wink:

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Oh hey there, Pixie!

B4C289566C54746E0518B083AAA36E57C21B85A2
    She's already dead. Lost two good medics that mission. Shit :c

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Oh hey there, Pixie!

She's already dead. Lost two good medics that mission. Shit :c
    Obviously your first mistake was not dressing her in the correct pink attire and the XCOM RNG gods punished you for it

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Smoke and mirrors all day erry day (until super late game when you actually survive shots)

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Steam Streaming: It was working for 60 seconds, couldn't work out how to stop it, closed steam. Now hours later when trying to connect to the host PC it flashes the preparing to stream box, opens the streaming window icon in the taskbar, then it closes the process. HALP! It says connected in settings. Restarting steam/PC on the client didn't help. Suppose I should reboot the host, but just thought of that. :P Damn thing.

It turns out that if you want to stream an Origin game over Steam DO NOT have Origin already running on the host PC!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Valkyria Chronicles finally downloaded, woop (it has been slowly-but-surely downloading over the last week due to connection being dire recently). Will dive in later to see what all the fuss is about!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Just wanted to check in and thank everyone for an awesome Friday Night Gaming session. Chivalry proved to be a glitchy but good time. Do we think we'll still be doing a game this week? I'm guessing we won't have a free weekend of any kind this weekend given it's likely to be a sale.

As a side note - super excited that my son is now pretty darn close to his laptop goal (in other words, close enough that we'll spot him the rest.) This means if Black Friday goes well, my PC is back to being my own and not a Minecraft factory (unless of course I'm playing Minecraft). Also, I'm thinking I'll grab him a wired controller for Christmas to go with it. Other than build quality, is there any major issue compatibility wise between going official Xbox vs. 3rd party?

• Options
    FredZ89FredZ89 Huehuehueh Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Also, I'm thinking I'll grab him a wired controller for Christmas to go with it. Other than build quality, is there any major issue compatibility wise between going official Xbox vs. 3rd party?

I don't know the price of the 3rd party controllers you were thinking of, but I remember seeing an official Xbox controller for like 30$ on Amazon last week. Might be worth checking it out.

On topic now, I've been out of the PC game for a while, since my PC broke a year ago. I'm pretty sure I missed some nice Steam games since then, so if you guys have any suggestions of games I should be checking out during the Winter Sale, that would be appreciated. I won't have a huge budget for games since my daughter should be born on Dec. 19th, so any games that you think might be pretty cheap will go on my Steam Wishlist.

Thanks guys!

FredZ89 on
    Currently Playing: MH4U
    My Steam profile
    3DS: 1435-3951-4785
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Just wanted to check in and thank everyone for an awesome Friday Night Gaming session. Chivalry proved to be a glitchy but good time. Do we think we'll still be doing a game this week? I'm guessing we won't have a free weekend of any kind this weekend given it's likely to be a sale.

As a side note - super excited that my son is now pretty darn close to his laptop goal (in other words, close enough that we'll spot him the rest.) This means if Black Friday goes well, my PC is back to being my own and not a Minecraft factory (unless of course I'm playing Minecraft). Also, I'm thinking I'll grab him a wired controller for Christmas to go with it. Other than build quality, is there any major issue compatibility wise between going official Xbox vs. 3rd party?

I've been using the Afterglow controller for almost a year with no issue. Build quality is pretty good.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »
    Valkyria Chronicles finally downloaded, woop (it has been slowly-but-surely downloading over the last week due to connection being dire recently). Will dive in later to see what all the fuss is about!

You're in for a treat! Just don't give up if you die screaming due to your own incompetence and a freshy introduced gimmick a few times in a row. At the same spot.

Thats XCOM, baby.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »

You're in for a treat! Just don't give up if you die screaming due to your own incompetence and a freshy introduced gimmick a few times in a row. At the same spot.

Thats XCOM, baby.

I'm hoping being a fan of the original XCOM, even with horrific grenade incidents and Chryssalid-related trauma, I'll be in a good position to face the difficulty I keep hearing about without throwing things through a window.

We shall see, haha.

Any beginner tips I should know about?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »

Thats XCOM, baby.

I'm hoping being a fan of the original XCOM, even with horrific grenade incidents and Chryssalid-related trauma, I'll be in a good position to face the difficulty I keep hearing about without throwing things through a window.

We shall see, haha.

Any beginner tips I should know about?

If you're going to play it so that every character survives, know that you can save mid-battle. But if part of the fun is living with the consequences, then skip that part. Also, snipers aren't great until you can get their accuracy up and you can zoom in with them which will help their accuracy.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    I've won a few steamgifts things lately, time to return the favor!

signature.png

Bump for more people to see

@Halfazedninja‌ a winnar is you!

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    I've won a few steamgifts things lately, time to return the favor!

signature.png

Bump for more people to see

@Halfazedninja‌ a winnar is you!

Thanks for the giveaway!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular

If you happen to have a PS3, grab a Bluetooth adapter and the SCPDriver. You'll spend $10 instead of $40, and the controller works just fine.

@Klyka‌, I've noticed that you've got Mordheim. What kind of game is it and is it any good?

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
This discussion has been closed.