As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] The Turkey Coma Dale Fest Party Long Weekend Thing has arrived!

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    I don't know anything about the other 3 games that Span is giving away, but Cortex Command is rad as fuck

Look into the modding community for it, too. Lots of cool stuff out there.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    All you need to know is that they told Tim Curry, "Go nuts."

I've been skimming kotaku less and less, going instead for rock paper shotgun which is more pc oriented. But my most recent peak peek revealed that.....Ubisoft hyped the wrong Assassin's Creed.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    subi wrote: »
    Any of you guys and girls knows someone who still have key from past telltale humble bundle : (Back to the Future, Hector, Poker Night, Puzzle Agent 1 & 2, Sam & Max, Wallace & Gromit ) ?

I still have mine. It is in my list of steam keys I purchased while away from home and couldn't immediately redeem and then forgot to redeem.

I really wish they would add key redemption to the app or Web.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

I've been skimming kotaku less and less, going instead for rock paper shotgun which is more pc oriented. But my most recent peak peek revealed that.....Ubisoft hyped the wrong Assassin's Creed.

You should send that to Mike since he misses his ships in Unity. :-D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

As tiresome as I find AC's overarching story and too-familiar gameplay, they're really good at showing beautifully imagined slices of history. I skipped everything from II and IV, and while I liked ship combat, a whole bunch more of the same gameplay with similarly dull colonial/Caribbean architecture isn't really appealing.

Hopefully by the time I'm ready to play another AC again in a few years, they'll drop an innovative, lovingly-crafted title running the rooftops of feudal Japan.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options

As tiresome as I find AC's overarching story and too-familiar gameplay, they're really good at showing beautifully imagined slices of history. I skipped everything from II and IV, and while I liked ship combat, a whole bunch more of the same gameplay with similarly dull colonial/Caribbean architecture isn't really appealing.

Hopefully by the time I'm ready to play another AC again in a few years, they'll drop an innovative, lovingly-crafted title running the rooftops of feudal Japan.

Seriously, I gave up with the ending of Ezio and Altair's stories, but that art....do you know how it feels to see something in real life and discover its in a video game and that cheesy roundabout is actually some Italian dude's 600 year old tomb designed off of shitty notes from Egypt?

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Quick heads up, CDKeys have Shadow of Mordor for £13.65 at the moment - something in the area of $15-20 USD. I don't know if it's somehow region specific, but might be worth a punt. £22.90 for that and the season pass seems solid as well.

Oh, and Amazon UK have Stick fo Truth for all of £8.74 (~$12) courtesy of the download option, which indicates it's a Steam key.

...why yes it is a long day at the office, why do you ask?

CroakerBC on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    @The Pink Skull

851991.png

Someone comiced your opinion on character creation.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I'm scared of what you guys expect in your games. I haven't seen GoT but now I'm not sure I ever want to... :shudder:

Jiggledicks.

Is that too much to ask?

confirmed. @The Pink Skull‌ is really Natalie Dormer

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Dungeon Defenders 2 page is up on Steam.
    It will be available on Early Access next 5th of December but it will be F2P once it leaves EA.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @The Pink Skull

851991.png

Pretty much that, yep. Is it that hard for game devs to use the actual game lighting in the character creation menus? FFS. Some are worse than others but they almost all suck at it. TESO might be the only game I've played in recent memory where what you see is exactly what you get in game.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    FFXIV seemed to do it right, but that's an MMO so I'd imagine they "have" to do so because that's who the player has to interact through with others.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I haven't played FF14, but that's good to hear since it's on my "play this someday" MMO list... :lol:

I keep meaning to download the trial. I really should do that.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Svevin wrote: »
    signature.png
    Winner: @ToyD‌

Woo thanks @Svevin! Looking forward to it greatly!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Someone should introduce a face demo feature. A sweeping camera pan around the character from various angles as lighting cycles through a handful of options, kinda like old 3d benchmark software.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Stupid internet!

Come back up! Stop being down!

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    So, I have money in my Steam Wallet and the card sale at Target ends today. The wife is going to buy me new cards today so I'm trying to decide if I should get more Steam Dollars or buy Origin Dollars so I can get Dragon Age...

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    So, I have money in my Steam Wallet and the card sale at Target ends today. The wife is going to buy me new cards today so I'm trying to decide if I should get more Steam Dollars or buy Origin Dollars so I can get Dragon Age...

^ My vote.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Do we have a date of next sale leaked yet?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Redthirst wrote: »
    Do we have a date of next sale leaked yet?

wednesday-monday iirc

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

^ My vote.

You're good enough.
    You're smart enough.
    And, gosh darnit, people like you!

It is possible to validate your choices without asking others.

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I really wish they would add key redemption to the app or Web.
    Did Valve ever explain why they don't want to implement this completely reasonable feature?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    @The Pink Skull

851991.png

Pretty much that, yep. Is it that hard for game devs to use the actual game lighting in the character creation menus? FFS. Some are worse than others but they almost all suck at it. TESO might be the only game I've played in recent memory where what you see is exactly what you get in game.

I even remember them distinctly saying in a DA:I video how they made sure the lighting in the character creation would let you accurately see how they looked.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ugh, I was nearly at the end of Never Alone and the game lost my save.

EDIT: It's apparently a not uncommon issue, so you guys may want to wait before grabbing this game.

This should be fixed in the patch we pushed last night. Get ahold of our support guys through our website at neveralonegame.com, we should be able to provide you with a save file to restore your progress if you let us know how far you had made it before this happened.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Ugh, I was nearly at the end of Never Alone and the game lost my save.

EDIT: It's apparently a not uncommon issue, so you guys may want to wait before grabbing this game.

This should be fixed in the patch we pushed last night. Get ahold of our support guys through our website at neveralonegame.com, we should be able to provide you with a save file to restore your progress if you let us know how far you had made it before this happened.

Now that's service!

steam_sig.png
  • Options

^ My vote.

My playtime is approaching how long it took to beat Origins, yet I've barely advanced the main quest and haven't even explored most of the zones I've unlocked. Plus, I haven't found it at all tedious or wearing in that time, and when I'm not playing I'm looking forward to when I can again.

So yeah I'd say Inquisition is pretty great!

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I haven't played FF14, but that's good to hear since it's on my "play this someday" MMO list... :lol:

I keep meaning to download the trial. I really should do that.

I'm not gonna say any particular MMO's gameplay is likely to click with anyone, since hell if I know what constitutes good MMO gameplay. (I enjoy it, but I haven't played many myself.)

But I do think you'd have fun with the glamour and dye options.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hello again steam thread!
    Recently my borderline personality disorder has gotten the best of me once again after some traumatic events in my personal life (for me, I imagine most normal people would shrug them off!)
    Anyway at the moment things feel very bleak. I have been signed off work until I return to a normal emotional baseline but I have nothing to do. I'm trying to abstain from drinking, drugs, all the self destructive behaviours I would usually indulge in and just make things worse. So basically I need some cheap game recommendations to keep me busy and keep my mind off of what has happened. I have a ton of steam games but none of them are really calling out to me. Is there anything you can suggest that are light, happy and that I will enjoy? Lately I've lost my interest in games, as well as most other things, but I think I'm looking for the wrong ones. I need something positive to fill up my days at the moment and thought this place might be the most knowledgable about games I can find on steam.

Also, please don't misconstrue this as a begging post. I've had this conversation with my dad too, who is an avid gamer, though we have very different tastes. He has told me that if I can find a game that might make me feel a bit better he will buy it for me, whatever it is, so I'm not looking for gifts :) He suggested Dragon Age Inquisition, but I'm not sure that's the kind of world I want to escape in to right now.

either,or on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

^ My vote.

My playtime is approaching how long it took to beat Origins, yet I've barely advanced the main quest and haven't even explored most of the zones I've unlocked. Plus, I haven't found it at all tedious or wearing in that time, and when I'm not playing I'm looking forward to when I can again.

So yeah I'd say Inquisition is pretty great!

You people need to stop making me want to play this game so bad when I won't have time to play it until tomorrow :sad:

• Options
    edited November 2014
    either,or wrote: »
    Recently my borderline personality disorder has gotten the best of me once again after some traumatic events in my personal life (for me, I imagine most normal people would shrug them off!)
    Anyway at the moment things feel very bleak. I have been signed off work until I return to a normal emotional baseline but I have nothing to do. I'm trying to abstain from drinking, drugs, all the self destructive behaviours I would usually indulge in and just make things worse. So basically I need some cheap game recommendations to keep me busy and keep my mind off of what has happened. I have a ton of steam games but none of them are really calling out to me. Is there anything you can suggest that are light, happy and that I will enjoy? Lately I've lost my interest in games, as well as most other things, but I think I'm looking for the wrong ones. I need something positive to fill up my days at the moment and thought this place might be the most knowledgable about games I can find on steam.

Also, please don't misconstrue this as a begging post. I've had this conversation with my dad too, who is an avid gamer, though we have very different tastes. He has told me that if I can find a game that might make me feel a bit better he will buy it for me, whatever it is, so I'm not looking for gifts :) He suggested Dragon Age Inquisition, but I'm not sure that's the kind of world I want to escape in to right now.

If you have a flight stick, I'd say TIE fighter on GOG.com.

Everyday shooter is deep and worth more than everything else that came in the Euro Bundle I bought it in. The music is nice as well, I've actually started referring to certain levels as the Beetles Airplane Level and the Jimmy Hendrix Hierarchy levels.

Startopia is older but something unique that might make you happy.

Reccattear is a deep and well developed inversion of a lot of RPG mechanics but begs a controller.

Receiver is a bare bones fps roguelike with insane gun handling

The Guild 2 and various expansions are nice medeival sims like gameplay with rival families and bandits out to get you.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    either,oreither,or Registered User regular

If you have a flight stick, I'd say TIE fighter on GOG.com.

Everyday shooter is deep and worth more than everything else that came in the Euro Bundle I bought it in. The music is nice as well, I've actually started referring to certain levels as the Beetles Airplane Level and the Jimmy Hendrix Hierarchy levels.

Startopia is older but something unique that might make you happy.

Reccattear is a deep and well developed inversion of a lot of RPG mechanics but begs a controller.

Receiver is a bare bones fps roguelike with insane gun handling

The Guild 2 and various expansions are nice medeival sims like gameplay with rival families and bandits out to get you.

Thank you! I don't have a fight stick and don't really enjoy fps games (which is where me and my dad differ). I already own reccatear but I'll have a look at The Guild 2.

steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
  • Options
    Inquisition would definitely fill up all your hours, but as you note, I'm not sure I'd say it's cheering. I went scanning through my list and am surprised at how few light-hearted, upbeat titles there were. Like, Saints Row IV seems the most whimsical title in there.

What I'd really like to recommend is Endless Ocean on the Wii, a game at once enchanting and soothing, but that's not on Steam. There won't be any Hayley Westenra's vocals and Endless Ocean's weird quests, but maybe people playing World of Diving can say whether that compares as a sort of calm, fascinating venture through the sea?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    @either,or‌ any of the Lego games, Spy Chamelion, Guacamelee, Race the Sun, Costume Quest

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

I haven't played it, but I remember watching @Berylline‌ stream some of The Last Tinker for her 24hr stream. From what I saw it might fit the bill if you like 3D platformers.

I also second the suggestion for any of the lego games.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Proteus may be something you want to look into @either,or‌. It's the most soothing game ever.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Funny and fun games I have played recently (all of which I'd suggest a controller, but I do that anyways): Ducktales Remastered was a good solid nostalgia trip back to a better time, Evoland was a simple commonly tongue-firmly-in-cheek take on all the various genres of RPG/Action RPG/Zelda type games, Hell Yeah! was a moderately difficult but hilariously wacky platformer about the skeleton bunny ruler of hell trying to get paparazzi photos back, Ittle Dew is a great riff on everything silly about Zelda/Crystalis type games.

As runners up for funny (but with over the top more "realistic" violence), both Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death and Saint's Row: The Third had equal parts bloody destructive mayhem and laugh-out-loud moments.

And if you need a game with zen level quality, it's hard to go wrong with the overly adorable Triple Town, a match three game about building cities (sort of?) and making an island kingdom.

Here's hoping you feel better soon. :biggrin:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Blurgh. Paypal sent me an automated "buy some steam wallet credit" thing and I was like oh neat even if it's like 5% off who gives an F it'll be a great deal.

Nooope, it's 0% off. Just them asking you to make your purchasing process even more byzantine in order to get charged by Paypal.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well, so I finally moved. I'm now in a flat with access to a fiber connection of 100Mbps!

...except that the router is on the other bloody side of the house and the flat is old and therefore so thick and labyrinthine that even with a wifi repeater I get about 7 Mbps maximum in my own room according to speedtest (which, granted, is still way better than what I had before). Whenever I want to actually download something I'm going to have to go to the family living room with the huge computer, connect everything, and connect directly through ethernet there, with all the accompanying complaining by the family.

So close and yet so far. Wah.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    All this talk of cheery games has reminded me that the Great Work must be finished.

I'll be out of town next week, but that'll be the perfect opportunity to see which people need some capitalism in their lives.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    @either,or Hexcells, Hexcells+, Hexcells Infinite.

Pleasant, understated, well-crafted and soluble puzzles that are fun to solve perfectly but can be solved imperfectly as well if you get frustrated.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
This discussion has been closed.