As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Any word on which pack type you'll win with the free arena?

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    You just get lame old packs now. Going to be hard saving this gold. Want to play so bad, but it's a waste of gold right now. They should have had the option to bank your packs until the expansion came out or something.

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Went 3-3 on a really bad paladin draft. When the new cards worked together I won easily. But didn't have any concentrations, so if I lost board control it was a miracle if I got it back.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    ShadowofVT wrote: »
    I'll definitely be logging in to get the free run, but it seems like you get more value out of it by waiting to use it until the expansion is live so you can get a GvG pack as a reward.
    Only if you WANT to get the GvG pack. My philosophy is that this is my absolute last chance to get my missing set 1 cards without having to blow dust on them, so I've actually been playing more. I've saved like 400+ dust in important rares in the past week. I'll have plenty of time to farm GvG packs.

Although it helps that, given the rate at which I typically play, arena rewards plus quest rewards tends to be a slight profit rather than a loss, so my 1500-ish gold will likely last me quite a while even if I binge a bit.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Okay so, first arena game after card insertion, using an old arena priest deck:

Opposing shaman turn 5 ancestor's calls. He gets a 3/3. It pulls out my Velen, and I have a Sludge Belcher keeping his board away from it. He immediately concedes. :rotate:

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    This mixed Arena is bullshit man.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    My first Unstable Portal gave me a 5 mana Grom Hellscream

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Wow. Apparently Hearthstone is just completely bananas right now?

Wish I wasn't at work and could play a game ~_~

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sounds like randomness is a small part of this set etc.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    ShadowofVT wrote: »
    I'll definitely be logging in to get the free run, but it seems like you get more value out of it by waiting to use it until the expansion is live so you can get a GvG pack as a reward.
    Only if you WANT to get the GvG pack. My philosophy is that this is my absolute last chance to get my missing set 1 cards without having to blow dust on them, so I've actually been playing more. I've saved like 400+ dust in important rares in the past week. I'll have plenty of time to farm GvG packs.

Although it helps that, given the rate at which I typically play, arena rewards plus quest rewards tends to be a slight profit rather than a loss, so my 1500-ish gold will likely last me quite a while even if I binge a bit.

I believe they've said you can continue to buy the old packs. They're just going to be called "Classic" packs now.

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I drafted a Priest deck with two Fel Reavers, a Silence (class card) and Spellbreaker.

B4DFgr0CAAACSBg.png:large

It's just as awesome as you'd think it is.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    7-3 Arena run due to stupid fucking new cards wrecking my shit. /salt

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    my second unstable portal was flame leviathan

TWO FOR TWO ON LEGENDARIES

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    Arena is insane. I picked the Flame Leviathan just for kicks and it makes every draw very interesting. It's better than you might think if you can avoid drafting 2 health minions.

Final two turns on the last game saw a Ironbark Protector transformed into a Rag, followed by me drawing the Flame Leviathan for lethal.

• Options
    (tragically i was offered basically no lategame when drafting this deck so i'm 0-2)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I foresee this thread having a lot of "bad day" pic posts. Keep 'em coming!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    "All Goblins vs Gnomes cards can be found easily in My Collection using the search function, and all Goblins vs Gnomes cards have a “gear” watermark in the card text box."

according to the patch notes

but I can't see them

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    THE BLACK KNIGHT

THREE FOR THREE ON UNSTABLE PORTAL

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Winning 7 is good though. so...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    My first run was with a Shaman, got a couple of the new cards including doctor boom. Of course it goes 1-3 and I never get to actually play doctor boom. Some of the new GvG cards are insane, especially with the mech synergy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    THE BLACK KNIGHT

Totally random chance, of course. No way that's intentional or a bug.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    THE BLACK KNIGHT

Totally random chance, of course. No way that's intentional or a bug.

a priest thoughtstole my portal and got gadgetzan auctioneer

suck my nuxxxx

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Mage in arena got ARGENT COMMANDER from that on turn 2. Turn 3 was not fun.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    so if i drag out this arena run that i just started until the patch, it will award GvG right?

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Christ, there's not much more stressful than going from 5-2 to 12-2, except going from 5-2 to 12-2 when people are playing all sorts of crazy cards you're unfamiliar with:

3v8da7gzet5b.jpg

I thought this was the worse of the two Mage Arenas I had going, but the other went 8-3. In retrospect, though the spells in that one were better (3 Polymorphs, 2 Fireballs, 2 Blizzards, Flamestrike, and Frost Nova), its low-drop minions weren't very good (and also, I drew like crap). This one had some very vulnerable 2-drops, but I got away with it luckily enough, though I did face 3 Rogues in the run from 5-2 to 7-2. Won one of those with 1 health, and Pyroblast + War Golem for 17. Oof.

hippofant on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    went 6-3, lost to rng of course, that is hearthstone after all. None of the new cards were really doing much in my games, of course I didn't see any of the really good ones.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Did it's ability proc?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    I imagine it wouldn't because you're not technically drawing it. The card says "add it to your hand."

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Flame Leviathan seems shit awful.

• Options

Did it's ability proc?

it does not proc

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    My second arena ever, and I went 3-3. Better than the first one. No good cards, 35 gold and 25 dust. eh.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    With only one unstable portal in my deck its won me 2 games so far. Nat Pagle and Magma Rager of all things.

Also stealing hunter = traps best thing ever.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    CreamstoutCreamstout What you think I program for, to push a fuckin' quad-core? Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So Fel Reaver won't cause fatigue damage, cards seems pretty, pretty, pretty good in Arena.

Robo Teddy kicks some ass too.

Creamstout on
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

flame leviathan is pretty good in a control deck

ohey, I have no minions on the board anyway and just got a free consecrate. woo!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

ohey, I have no minions on the board anyway and just got a free consecrate. woo!

But you can't control it at all, you could end up drawing it when you do have a board and nuking all your own stuff, and then on top of that it's just a 7/7 for 7 when played.

It just seems all around bad.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I just started an arena on my ipad and there were no new cards in it

hm

• Options

But you can't control it at all, you could end up drawing it when you do have a board and nuking all your own stuff, and then on top of that it's just a 7/7 for 7 when played.

It's a control deck.

Absolutely nothing in a control deck would die to its effect, and you never stack the board anyway.

You're almost always going to do more damage to the other guy's stuff. And it's free. It's a pretty good deal, even if a bit random.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

It's a control deck.

Absolutely nothing in a control deck would die to its effect, and you never stack the board anyway.

You're almost always going to do more damage to the other guy's stuff. And it's free. It's a pretty good deal, even if a bit random.

I mean, it's an effect you have no control over whatsoever. Might go off when they have a full board, might go off when they have one minion the turn before they load their board up.

Too unpredictable for control.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I just started an arena on my ipad and there were no new cards in it

hm

Did you update the app?

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i think flame leviathan has a place in a control deck where the 2 free damage to their health matters

mage burn deck go

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
This discussion has been closed.