As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Should I disenchant my Flares and Gadgetzans? Sure could use 400 dust for another Shield Slam or Brawl. Thoughts?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Probably a bug, but cool :)

It's not, Brode confirmed that Webspinner can summon Malorne.

So, I'm sitting on about 1200 gold, but I'm still missing a lot of key expert cards. Do I buy a bunch of expert packs while it still makes sense or just hold on to what I've got?

I think I will hold out, since I'm probably going to spend some money on GvG as well, it'll just be that many more packs to purchase.

Depends on how many cards you are missing. Quite a lot of them will remain essential even after the expansion. I guess you have Naxx already?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Why not? You aren't losing anything, you can remake them again for the same price if you need them later.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Mmmm, Unstable Portal Nozdormu, coined out on turn 5.

Let's just say that that game was quick.

Literally, because each turn takes 15 seconds at most!

:D

(That's the jooooke.)

• Options
    I've come across a bug when making a deck and wondered if anyone else is having the same problem. I swapped out some Hunter cards and noticed the deck isn't moving cards to fill in the gaps. Pics below. Additionally, after I get all 30 cards in place and back out, the deck goes back to normal without saving any changes.

The bug only occurs in decks that featured Flare and Gadgetzan Auctioneer. Other decks are working just fine.

I tested it with my Druid deck featuring a Gadgetzan Auctioneer and the same problem is happening.

1pqjdwsv2v6n.png

rcxgpqppd2dg.png

0ptw0lahs5mk.png

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Odd, after restarting the bug has vanished, although a Flare is showing up in my Hunter deck. It too was fixed after another restart.

While it seems like restarting will solve the problem, it might be worth looking into to avoid problems in the future.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Oh man I got so much value out of an annoyatron.
    First turn out it's divine shield gets taken off, s'ok I don't care, minion is still on the board.
    turn 3: Velen's Chosen
    turn 4: Velen's Chosen
    turn 5: Velen's Chosen + inner fire

After that holy nova did a nice 5 dmg and I had three in that deck.

It felt good after getting destroyed in the previous game from a druid who's opening hand was coin + innervate + innervate + whatever I couldn't take that off the board until turn 5 and was dead by then anyway.

Handkor on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Probably a bug, but cool :)

I mean that you can summon the card in constructive already not that it was a bug that it summoned malorne at all.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yeah that seems like it shouldn't be possible yet from a release perspective, though from a technical perspective it does add up

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Handkor wrote: »
    Oh man I got so much value out of an annoyatron.
    First turn out it's divine shield gets taken off, s'ok I don't care, minion is still on the board.
    turn 3: Velen's Chosen
    turn 4: Velen's Chosen
    turn 5: Velen's Chosen + inner fire

After that holy nova did a nice 5 dmg and I had three in that deck.

It felt good after getting destroyed in the previous game from a druid who's opening hand was coin + innervate + innervate + whatever I couldn't take that off the board until turn 5 and was dead by then anyway.

Oh man, you should have taken screenshots!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    This sheep is an abomination.
    Hearthstone_Screenshot_1252014001129.png

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    God I can't wait until this expansion comes out. Gonna Shrinkmeister + Cabal Shadow Priest aaallll the things.

• Options
    enhance o mechano is pretty sweet. I see it as in competition with argus although not adding 1 attack totally changes the usefulness especially for shaman or zoo so maybe not.

I guess it requires a relatively big board to be of more value than argus, and randomly taunting something you don't want taunted kind of sucks.

mech though, in a mech board control deck it'll be a must! haha.

can I say again I can't wait to add lil exorcist to every deck I make forever?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I got wrecked by an enhanco-mechano yesterday. It gave his Stormwind Champion windfury and I'm like "wait crap, if he has Power Overwhelming that's exact lethal".

And of course he did.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    God I can't wait until this expansion comes out. Gonna Shrinkmeister + Cabal Shadow Priest aaallll the things.

I want to voljin and holy nova in the same turn and I'll be happy

I have this strange trepidation because of things like, it looks like enrage warrior may be better and for some reason I feel it's a threat to control warrior which I really like. as though zoo and handlock haven't been equally strong decks for months! I am just scared of change, I need it to happen like a band aid

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Voljin looks soooo good. So good. Having extra removal that doubles as adding to your board position is a huge win for priest.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Shrinkmeister is pretty dope. I just shrank a Sunwalker and cleared it with a pair of 6/4s no problem.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Shrinkmeister is pretty dope. I just shrank a Sunwalker and cleared it with a pair of 6/4s no problem.

I'm pretty excited about using it and Cabal to steal Sludge Belchers and Sunwalkers and Druids of the Claw and Cairne and Ysera and Auctioneer and and and :D

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Duplicate + Piloted Sky Golem = sad hippofant.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I have this strange trepidation because of things like, it looks like enrage warrior may be better and for some reason I feel it's a threat to control warrior which I really like. as though zoo and handlock haven't been equally strong decks for months! I am just scared of change, I need it to happen like a band aid
    There is no more control warrior.

There is no more enrage warrior.

There is no zoo.

No handlock.

There is no meta.

The meta has been destroyed; it exists no more.

Don't stress about it. Embrace portal mage. Embrace techpriest. Embrace wisplock. Embrace Shamloc Murman. Embrace ogrogue. Embrace your new Hearthworld.

• Options
    Undertaker/Takeyerstuff/Techpriest is going to be so strong and so annoying to play against.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Played against a warrior who opened with the mech that reduces other mech's cost and the enrage mech turn one. That didn't go so well.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Does the secret animation take longer to activate and longer to resolve after the last patch for anyone else.

Multiple times I would make a second action to suddenly find out the first one triggered a secret

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    The audio for the Whirling Zap-o-matic's attack is hilarious and a little sad sounding.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I finally get offered a Legendary pick in GvG Arena and it's Pagle, Gruul or Thalnos =/

Ooh, I got a Jeeves and a Fel Reaver, though. This is a really 2 drop and 3 drop mech heavy deck, for Arena. Should be fun!

Edit: turn 2 Mechwarper into turn 3 coin Felreaver would be such a dream

Rius on
  • Options
    So while looking around to see why my Paladin class challenge from Naxx is marked as undone and avenge was removed from my library after the arena update, I noticed that the patch notes are actually a funny read.

But now I'm going to have to do that Paladin challenge again. sigh

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    There is no more control warrior.

There is no more enrage warrior.

There is no zoo.

No handlock.

There is no meta.

The meta has been destroyed; it exists no more.

Don't stress about it. Embrace portal mage. Embrace techpriest. Embrace wisplock. Embrace Shamloc Murman. Embrace ogrogue. Embrace your new Hearthworld.

While I approve of the spirit behind this post, good decks didn't suddenly become bad because of the new expansion. Zoo is still good, handlock is still a thing, there will still be argo, midrange and control decks. You might even have more success than usual with your standard deck as people will be experimenting with the new cards and it will take time to find out which new cards are good and which are not so good.

In MTG when a new set comes out and everyone is uncertain about the meta, the first few tournaments are usually won by boring red argo decks (the equivalent of zoo or face hunter). If everyone else is playing around with the new cards, you can take advantage of this by playing simple aggressive decks that capitalize on any mistakes made by your opponent.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I got the free Arena. If I wait untill monday to finish it, I will get the free G&G pack that comes from arena's, right? Or will it be a regular pack since I already started the run? Does anyone know the answer to this vital question?

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    I got the free Arena. If I wait untill monday I get the free G&G pack that will come from it, right? Or will it be a regular pack since I already started the run? Does anyone know the answer to this vital question?

Yes. No. Yes.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    Korror wrote: »
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    I got the free Arena. If I wait untill monday I get the free G&G pack that will come from it, right? Or will it be a regular pack since I already started the run? Does anyone know the answer to this vital question?

Yes. No. Yes.

Great. Awesome. THANK YOU.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well that fucking sucked. I got my Fel Reaver out on turn 4, and he had three topdeck taunts to stop me. Annoy-o-tron was one of them.

Not sure about this plan you guys =/

I think it'll work in constructed, but it's probably a liability in Arena. Maybe a ramp druid deck with two owls and two keepers.

Rius on
  • Options
    Well that fucking sucked. I got my Fel Reaver out on turn 4, and he had three topdeck taunts to stop me. Annoy-o-tron was one of them.

Not sure about this plan you guys =/

I know people go on and on about how discarding isn't actually a big deal and people get too upset about discards but every Fel Reaver I've seen played ends up discarding at least 6 cards, and an 8/8 just is not worth that.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I finally get offered a Legendary pick in GvG Arena and it's Pagle, Gruul or Thalnos =/

Ooh, I got a Jeeves and a Fel Reaver, though. This is a really 2 drop and 3 drop mech heavy deck, for Arena. Should be fun!

Edit: turn 2 Mechwarper into turn 3 coin Felreaver would be such a dream

You take gruul and you don't complain!

• Options
    Piloted Shredder just gave me a 1/2 Echoing Ooze. No double, of course. Thanks!

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So while looking around to see why my Paladin class challenge from Naxx is marked as undone and avenge was removed from my library after the arena update, I noticed that the patch notes are actually a funny read.

Wait, i dont see anything about avenge, why do you have to redo the challenge?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, I did take Gruul, I was just hoping for a GvG legendary.

Edit: Some guy stole my Avenge and set up a trigger situation, so I of course stole it back. Most fun card of the set.

Rius on
  • Options
    To open up the wound again: that explosive sheep and the new mage Legendary should be great additions for some controll mage deck that is bound to pop up.

See my profile here!
  • Options

Iunno, that's why I was confused. I figured they might have tweaked the challenge to be less bad or something, but the notes don't mention it.

Two tries later I've managed to build really good boards twice and use oozes effectively but get totally screwed by Twisting Nether.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I can already see sheep being great for Freeze mage.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

Iunno, that's why I was confused. I figured they might have tweaked the challenge to be less bad or something, but the notes don't mention it.

Two tries later I've managed to build really good boards twice and use oozes effectively but get totally screwed by Twisting Nether.

I dunno either. The Solo Adventures crackles blue, but I don't see anything in it that's new.

This discussion has been closed.