As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bob Saget [chat]

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @spacekungfuman‌

They do have a fallout in there.

Fallout 3.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Do you feel that blood clot moving towards your brain @gooey ?
    *picks up a gallon of 2% milk and places it back on the shelf with the skim*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    like in an otherwise empty bathroom, more often than not, a pooper will go in the last stall. People who need a piss when the urinal is taken will take whatever. But the last stall is the poop stall.

I think, at least here in the states, the last stall is often the handicapped stall (because it sticks out more due to size requirements), which I wouldn't take in an otherwise empty bathroom

in most bathrooms I go to there's a separate room for the handicap bathroom

mainly because most public bathrooms I'm in are in bars and a measure of control over who enters the handicap bathroom is needed if you don't want to clean up after a night of it being fucking central

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Aisles are "narrow", but you can "squeeze between two of them."

Suburbanites pls.

Maybe in your hippie stores with the babby carts. In real America with real goddamn carts, you're not getting them 3 abroad in an aisle.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    why are my console choices either 1) nsabox one or 2) hackerstation 4

i dont want the nsa watching me or hackers watching me

if only steve-u jobs-san made a console...

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So my new roommate gets Game Informer.

First I was shocked this still exists.

But it was the sci-fi issue and had a top 25 list of Sci-fi games.

One they put Homeworld below Bioshock Infinite. Poor choice already. Second they had one picture of homeworld and one from I think a B5 mod? I am not sure. Could of just been B5. And there was no mention of modding.

They put Alpha Centauri at 11th below HL2. Ugh.

Number 1 was ME2. So okay, that is a decent choice.

Also no Descent:Freespace and only Wing Commander 2. Nothing about Privateer or Freelancer. But some how included Xenosaga?

Game Informer you crazy.

I got that in the mail and didn't even bother reading it. Having Homeworld and SMAC outside of the Top 10 is...questionable.

Homeworld at 25.

Beyond questionable.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    So, someone who's more verse in the UK than me pray tell, how reliable is this study?

sig.gif
  • Options

One they put Homeworld below Bioshock Infinite. Poor choice already. Second they had one picture of homeworld and one from I think a B5 mod? I am not sure. Could of just been B5. And there was no mention of modding.

Also no Descent:Freespace and only Wing Commander 2. Nothing about Privateer or Freelancer. But some how included Xenosaga?

Game Informer you crazy.

I got that in the mail and didn't even bother reading it. Having Homeworld and SMAC outside of the Top 10 is...questionable.

Homeworld at 25.

Beyond questionable.

Man, fuck that.

• Options
    Richy wrote: »
    So, someone who's more verse in the UK than me pray tell, how reliable is this study?

It is Daily fail.

That is about the info you need.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    why are my console choices either 1) nsabox one or 2) hackerstation 4

i dont want the nsa watching me or hackers watching me

if only steve-u jobs-san made a console...
    You could always get a Wii U! :D

Although I thought animes liked PlayStations, for all the Japanese games they can play on it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Hovering over the link shows Daily Mail so I assume the reporting will be garbage.

• Options

Game Informer you crazy.

Homeworld at 25.

Beyond questionable.

Man, fuck that.

And they didn't have two screenshots for it.

One is of Babylon 5 or at least a mod for B5 ships.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

It is Daily fail.

That is about the info you need.

Also, even if legit, they seem to be putting a lot of faith in the idea that children will give serious answers to someone randomly asking them silly questions

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    @Casual‌

Christmas come early for you

Clover has an SA80

Does the airsoft version spew casings in wildly random directions so you can get the full SA80 experience of getting burns on all of your exposed skin? And did they subcontract production to a German company to get a version that actually works?

NO!

It was a Taiwanese company. >.>

But seriously two things. Firstly aside from being laughably in ergonomic the L85A2 is a good bucking gun. And secondly my G&G L85A2 is a fucking beast that out ranges everything except snipers.

It just doesn't do single shot so well...

Or shoot NATO standard ammo if it's one of the pre-H&K redesign. And it will do single shot just fine. Wack it on the barrel and sometimes it will let out a random shot.

I'm talking about the airsoft one. Single shot on less than an 11.1v LiPo will fuck the gear box. But batteries that highly charged gradually kill the gun so...

As for the real knw you're being so unfair. All the shit you're talking about was the A1 not the A2. All we needed to make it good was perverted German science. >.>

It's a goofy bullpup design. All of the space guns deserve the mocking they get.

Typical american! You just want to keep the M4 forever.

The rest of the world is switching to bullpups so they must be doing something right. I especially like the tavor. Say what you like about what they use them for but the isrealis know how to make a good gun.

The M4 is a pretty solid design. It isn't prone to damage, it shares commonality of parts with the rest of the AR-15 family which keeps the costs down, and it doesn't jam often. It's one of those things where it does the job pretty well.

And bullpup popularity is because it provides a longer barrel length in a shorter design. In theory it allows for longer engagement ranges. There is some debate about what the engagement ranges will be in future conflicts. The trade off is that they are generally more complicated designs and a pain in the ass for lefties.

the HK416 is pretty much the same gun, as far as solidness goes, no?

Solid is not what I'd call it

Different piston systems. HK416 tests better but the field reports tend to favor the M4. The New York Times did a 100 solider survey of troops in Afghanistan about it and got very few complaints. So either they were all handpicked by the Army's press office or it legitimately has a very low problem rate. It's been my general experience that if soldiers are given a chance to complain, they will. It's a historical constant.

there is a reason they called them les grognards

Hey, being able to complain without being smacked to who ever you wanted including the Emperor is a hell of a privilege.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    So the Daily Mail is something like the UK's Fox News?

They also mention the study was done by the "Brent Cross shopping centre". What/where's that?

sig.gif
  • Options

Game Informer you crazy.

Homeworld at 25.

Beyond questionable.

Man, fuck that.

And they didn't have two screenshots for it.

One is of Babylon 5 or at least a mod for B5 ships.

I remember that mod. I think it was a TC, looked really good for the time.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Suburbanites pls.

Maybe in your hippie stores with the babby carts. In real America with real goddamn carts, you're not getting them 3 abroad in an aisle.

we have tiny carts and can only fit ONE in an aisle, if someone is coming down at you, you have to charge like a joust. The winner is whoever wants it more.

• Options
    I wonder why youtube videos embedded in the forums play at higher quality than the same video viewed on the youtube site itself

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

Not at all. Its a release by a shopping centre designed to advertise its Nativity Scene. The Mail publishes shit like this all the time, and usually they don't even bother to re-word the press release unless they can find a MODERN BRITAIN HAS GONE TO THE DOGS angle.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

They also mention the study was done by the "Brent Cross shopping centre". What/where's that?

Its owned by News Corp yes

but no Daily Mail is somewhere between TMZ and the National Enquirer

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    any list of best sci fi games that does not have SMAC as #1 is a bullshit list for garbage people.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    The breitbart review of dragon age is hilarious by the way

wait what?

why would a dead tea party talking head review dragon age?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Suburbanites pls.

we have tiny carts and can only fit ONE in an aisle, if someone is coming down at you, you have to charge like a joust. The winner is whoever wants it more.

I did just re-read your sentence and finally understood it. But my joke still stands :P

a5ehren on
  • Options

wait what?

Breitbart as a site still exists and is remarkably awful

• Options

wait what?

Milo Y, Gamergate douchebag, is stringing along his newfound interest in ORDINARY GAMERS for all its worth.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

sorry i posted a snowboard video on last page
    it got botp'd
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVFIui-DjzI

poo
  • Options

Its owned by News Corp yes

but no Daily Mail is somewhere between TMZ and the National Enquirer

No, not owned by News Corp, it's owned by the tax dodging descendant of a Nazi sympathiser and is generally considered to be the worst paper in the country.

My parents have been loyal readers for four decades.

• Options

Yes but without fox's keen eye for detail and careful fact checking

Also the Brent Cross shopping centre is a shopping centre (what in the US would be called a mall, I don't know the Canadian term) in Brent Cross, London

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

Game Informer you crazy.

Xenosaga was pretty amazing. They made a misstep in the second game and corrected it in the final one. The only thing about that game is that it was as much a show as a game. 20 min "cut scenes" between major gamplay pieces. But it was a pretty interesting story.

The finale was freakin' bad ass too. One of my favorite rpg endings.

edit: Oh, and Xenosaga had one of the best mini games. It was a nearly fully flushed out CCG that was surprisingly fun to play.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    OMG this review has to read to be believed.

HOLY SHIT!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/15/Review-Dragon-Age-Inquisition
    2011's Dragon Age II unexpectedly bombed with consumers, despite, of course, the rave reviews from mainstream game news sites, who need only get a whiff of a paraplegic lesbian in an ill-fated love affair with a black transsexual to award a game full marks. Mass Effect 2 wasn't a critical success with ordinary gamers either; they called it "filler" and said it was "uninspiring." It, too, bored players with politics.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    was working from home this weekend for approx. 30 hours.

starting to lose powers of human speech();

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @Shazkar Shadowstorm

Why did it turn into an SSX game at the end

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The article is horrible click bait and the sort of thing a shitbag writes, because it's written by a shitbag. It posits a universe where ME2 was rubbish and REAL GAMERS are like the exiled tribes of Israel, abandoned in the desert by SJW GAMER PRESS AND DEVS.

Bogart on
  • Options
    The Daily Mail once made up a story about Birmingham City Council banning Christmas and renaming it "Winterval". They retracted it, but were so fond of it from a "political correctness gone mad" angle that they carried on repeating it for over a decade

Eventually it succumbed to a mass pre-emptive letter writing campaign

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    OMG this review has to read to be believed.

HOLY SHIT!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/15/Review-Dragon-Age-Inquisition
    2011's Dragon Age II unexpectedly bombed with consumers, despite, of course, the rave reviews from mainstream game news sites, who need only get a whiff of a paraplegic lesbian in an ill-fated love affair with a black transsexual to award a game full marks. Mass Effect 2 wasn't a critical success with ordinary gamers either; they called it "filler" and said it was "uninspiring." It, too, bored players with politics.
    Unless... well, unless it's the lesbians, by which I mean the "alternative lifestyles" BioWare insists on thumping us around the head with. Ah, those hot, hot lesbians. They would be even hotter if BioWare's artwork wasn't so appallingly inconsistent throughout Dragon Age: Inquisition, of course, which is of course the only reason I raise the subject.

What?

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    bogart I read the first couple of arcs of lazarus yesterday

it's promising! some of the things in it are cliche but some are cool!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

wait what?

why in the world does it still exist?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

wait what?

why in the world does it still exist?

Because there is no God

This discussion has been closed.