Options

j[chat]awala

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I had some hankering for Ninja Gaiden, and since I don't have my OG Xbox, I picked up Sigma for the PS3.

215498381_uCzxj-1050x10000.jpg

236208115_yrZWJ-1050x10000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I'm glad to know you, dk.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    i organize my room by hiding pizza boxes in every drawer

Are they full of pizza? y/n
    n

Then what is even the point?
    hiding my shame

"whomp shawshank pizza box" does not return the correct result because google can't understand the content of webcomics.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Hi3nwIV.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Then again, I have a hard time remembering if "balaclava" is the one that goes on your face or in your face.

I can't either. It's why I could never be a merc. I would just end up ordering lot of pastry. Sure it would be delicious but it wouldn't be tactical.

What if you left it out and ambushed the enemy when they have their mouths full and fingers all sticky with honey, disabling them?

implying one would even be able to resist it long enough to use as a trap

You'd obviously have your own to eat while laying in wait

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    We need to do a purge at work. We have 2006/2007-era Latitudes lying around, a drawer full of analog VGA cables, hard drives with data on them that need to be purged (physically locked up, thankfully), stacks of retired servers. Bleh.

I purge my stuff every six months. I tend to keep some odd reference materials because I'm the person likely to be asked and so I keep those things. I do keep it deliberately cluttered because I've had coworkers who will borrow documents without returning them and the clutter keeps them at bay. But it's surface clutter. A camouflage of clutter that is basically surface deep. Enough to keep my things where they need to be. Opening up the draw with my tools reveals random binders and bid docs. Lifting them up you'd find each tool laid out meticulously. My other option was a false bottom to the drawer but that's more of a project then I'd like, and under the circumstances would give away it's secret all too soon.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Balaclava is such a treacherous word. It sounds like something small, fluffy and tasty.

• Options
    Balaclava is such a treacherous word. It sounds like something small, fluffy and tasty.

finnlandshette.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

Well, I dunno about something small, fluffy and tasty, but it's aural proximity to baklava definitely makes it sound like food.

• Options
    I purge my stuff every six months. I tend to keep some odd reference materials because I'm the person likely to be asked and so I keep those things. I do keep it deliberately cluttered because I've had coworkers who will borrow documents without returning them and the clutter keeps them at bay. But it's surface clutter. A camouflage of clutter that is basically surface deep. Enough to keep my things where they need to be. Opening up the draw with my tools reveals random binders and bid docs. Lifting them up you'd find each tool laid out meticulously. My other option was a false bottom to the drawer but that's more of a project then I'd like, and under the circumstances would give away it's secret all too soon.

You walk the path of the office ninja.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    My roast is amazing.

So tasty. So tender.

OH GOD! I am eating like an adult and it rocks.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    "We were just talking about how much we miss you."

Person hasn't messaged me in 7 months.

This is how I am to everyone, but I really do miss them!

Maybe I'm a little aggravated by this, but man I would totally love to hear an explanation for why so many people have such a hard time initiating contact.

Like, when I miss someone, when someone pops into my head and I wonder what they're up to, I message them. A lot of people don't seem to do this!

It gets really tiring being the guy who always starts the conversation. Saying you miss someone when at any time all you need to do is send them a text just seems like a really shallow interpretation of the word.

i often think i will be bothering them

it's because of anxiety and depression

i've skipped out on things i've been specifically invited to because i think i will be imposing/unwanted. it's not rational. welcome to that area of stuff.

I'm just not sure how silence, without any explanation from the person who never starts the conversation, is supposed to be interpreted as anything more than not really caring.

Because if you never say anything, and I stop saying things, and fate doesn't happen to intervene

it kinda seems like you just let a friendship fizzle out.

And that takes enough time that I'm not sure how someone could do that without being aware of it.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Then again, I have a hard time remembering if "balaclava" is the one that goes on your face or in your face.

I can't either. It's why I could never be a merc. I would just end up ordering lot of pastry. Sure it would be delicious but it wouldn't be tactical.

What if you left it out and ambushed the enemy when they have their mouths full and fingers all sticky with honey, disabling them?

But then I have half as much to eat myself. Also my hands would be sticky with honey and then it's just a really awkward ambush. Everyone fumbling for their guns, only half paying attention because they are wondering where they get more delicious pastry....

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    We need to do a purge at work. We have 2006/2007-era Latitudes lying around, a drawer full of analog VGA cables, hard drives with data on them that need to be purged (physically locked up, thankfully), stacks of retired servers. Bleh.

(takes notes)

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ay nerds, help me decide which Lego building to get.

Palace Cinema
    latest?cb=20130120090225

This is the oldest one on offer, and will probably disappear this year if I don't get it, but I dunno. It's not as cool as the other two...

Parisian Restaurant
    1082131817.jpeg

This one just classy.

Detective's Office
    Lego_DetectivesOffice_ModularBuilding_Set.jpg

This one is 2 small buildings together, and they're so niiiiiice.

HALP

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Maybe I'm a little aggravated by this, but man I would totally love to hear an explanation for why so many people have such a hard time initiating contact.

Like, when I miss someone, when someone pops into my head and I wonder what they're up to, I message them. A lot of people don't seem to do this!

It gets really tiring being the guy who always starts the conversation. Saying you miss someone when at any time all you need to do is send them a text just seems like a really shallow interpretation of the word.

it's hard to just send a text sometimes

Yes, but I'm talking about every time.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Drx I pick the office

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    My roast is amazing.

So tasty. So tender.

OH GOD! I am eating like an adult and it rocks.

Good job

sig.gif
  • Options
    I want to watch more Daredevil but it's half past midnight and I have an early meeting.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

Palace Cinema
    latest?cb=20130120090225

This is the oldest one on offer, and will probably disappear this year if I don't get it, but I dunno. It's not as cool as the other two...

Parisian Restaurant
    1082131817.jpeg

This one just classy.

Detective's Office

HALP

Palace Cinema. Hands down, no question.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

Palace Cinema
    latest?cb=20130120090225

Parisian Restaurant
    1082131817.jpeg

This one just classy.

Detective's Office

HALP

Palace Cinema. Hands down, no question.

I have one question, actually.

How is your recommendation not Detective's Office?

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    SWOLE PATROLE ASSEMBLE

I did it motherfuckers. 2:26:02 is my official time. I was aiming for 2:30 and am surprised and elated by how well this race went. I felt really good pretty much right up to the end (until the last two miles when i slowed down considerably). Holy shiiii
    y5gIq7wl.jpg

dis me b4 bein all fuk u i got dis

9N2OgsLl.jpg

dis me doin run i totally look liek im havin fun i bet

cN20Dtol.jpg

dis me really close to the finish after i ditched my sweaty jacket by throwing it in Beasto's face and then noticed him snapping a shot. I think i almost hit the girl behind me in the face woops

Hw62oNRl.jpg

they give you a baller medal for finishing. fancy as fuk man

Then after Beast and I went to Sushi Palace which lets you order as many sushis as you want until you get full and boy did we eat

it was so gud. gud day. Beast was awesome waking up really early so he could come hold my shit and cheer me on. tired and fatigued a lil but fuggin worth it. those endorphins, man. fuck yesssssss

"BEAST!" desc "Kid Presentable" programjunkie Casual

Awesome, grats, especially on beating your goal time.

It was 60 degrees for the second time this year today in Maine, and I went for a run. It was fun. I'm so excited to be able to run and not have snow and ice on the roads.

Also, this seems as good a place as any, but I've decided that anytime anyone in chat posts anything inspiring in a fitness sense, I'm going to knock out 20 pushups right then.
    syndalis wrote: »
    I liked iTunes database syncing model. Sometimes I think I'm the only one who liked it on its own merits. I had way too much music in the iPod days and found it useful to set up sync rules rather than drag stuff on and off. It took a little more thought but it made my usage possible, which it wasn't before.

Now everything lives is some kind of nebulous cloud database so you don't have to drag files or setup sync rules. Not gonna pretend that's not an improvement in every sense.

Nah there are a lot of people who liked it.

Even as tech minded and DIY as I am, every time someone extolls the merits of self-managed folders filled with their MP3s and synching to the player like it were a flash drive as some kind of a good thing compared to what itunes (and later Zune) did I just don't get it. Purposefully making your life harder to be in control of something that in no way needs you in control of it is just the peak of wasted energy.

I don't think I know what you mean by making my life harder

I literally just dragged a box over my music folder, copied, went to the E:/MP3PLAYERNAMEHERE drive, and pasted

Some say that programjunkie still drags and drops media to devices to this day. Oooowwww! Spooky!

(seriously, it's easy)

• Options

i often think i will be bothering them

it's because of anxiety and depression

i've skipped out on things i've been specifically invited to because i think i will be imposing/unwanted. it's not rational. welcome to that area of stuff.

I'm just not sure how silence, without any explanation from the person who never starts the conversation, is supposed to be interpreted as anything more than not really caring.

Because if you never say anything, and I stop saying things, and fate doesn't happen to intervene

it kinda seems like you just let a friendship fizzle out.

And that takes enough time that I'm not sure how someone could do that without being aware of it.

like he said maybe it's not rational

maybe they are aware of it and they hate themselves for it

maybe they let it fizzle out and they aren't aware of it and you don't understand it

probably it is best to accept that it happens even if you don't understand it and try not to take it personally?

sig.gif
  • Options

almost all of the time

it's just... it'll be kinda weird no I'll not text

I don't even have anxiety so it's not me freaking out about it's just

I dunno, being even slightly proactive can randomly be like a cross to a vampire

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    STOP POLLUTING MY AWESOMES YOU METAL DORK

sig.gif
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The last time my girlfriend asked me to update the music on her iPhone, it took hours, kept failing (partly due to space issues), options didn't work right or didn't work at all, and after fully syncing there was still music missing that was in the library (and music present that should have been cleared).

That was six months ago. She's asking me to do it again and I'm trying to put it off because fuck dealing with that.

This is exactly me too.

The worst is when you go "Add this folder with a whole album to iTunes" and iTunes goes "Ok" and then only does 10 of the 12 songs.

It won't tell you it didn't do all 12, it won't tell you why it won't do them, it just won't happen. No error message, no nothing. It's the kind of error you don't even know happened till ages later and then has no clear solution beyond fiddling with the file's tag till iTunes stops being a stupid piece of shit software with a horrible user experience.

• Options
    product_variety_big_5270.jpg

I uh, don't really have a good reason for posting this but no reason not to so

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    SWOLE PATROLE ASSEMBLE

I did it motherfuckers. 2:26:02 is my official time. I was aiming for 2:30 and am surprised and elated by how well this race went. I felt really good pretty much right up to the end (until the last two miles when i slowed down considerably). Holy shiiii
    y5gIq7wl.jpg

9N2OgsLl.jpg

cN20Dtol.jpg

dis me really close to the finish after i ditched my sweaty jacket by throwing it in Beasto's face and then noticed him snapping a shot. I think i almost hit the girl behind me in the face woops

Hw62oNRl.jpg

Then after Beast and I went to Sushi Palace which lets you order as many sushis as you want until you get full and boy did we eat

it was so gud. gud day. Beast was awesome waking up really early so he could come hold my shit and cheer me on. tired and fatigued a lil but fuggin worth it. those endorphins, man. fuck yesssssss

It was 60 degrees for the second time this year today in Maine, and I went for a run. It was fun. I'm so excited to be able to run and not have snow and ice on the roads.

Also, this seems as good a place as any, but I've decided that anytime anyone in chat posts anything inspiring in a fitness sense, I'm going to knock out 20 pushups right then.

i knooooow this springy weather is such a fucking relief. Today started out really chilly but I'm pretty sure it actually hit 70 today. Just a nearly perfect race day

now drop down and give me 20

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular

For me it's every time.

• Options
    no no wait somethiiiiiing about how the lines of the socks are kind of like showing the crossections of the shape of the leg and that's interesting in a "how shapes are rendered" kind of way?

yes let's go with that

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @OnTheLastCastle @Shazkar Shadowstorm

So I basically made this today.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/perfect-pot-roast-recipe.html

Make it.

It is so good. And I have like 3 meals minimum out of a 2lb roast.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    SWOLE PATROLE ASSEMBLE

y5gIq7wl.jpg

9N2OgsLl.jpg

cN20Dtol.jpg

Hw62oNRl.jpg

i knooooow this springy weather is such a fucking relief. Today started out really chilly but I'm pretty sure it actually hit 70 today. Just a nearly perfect race day

now drop down and give me 20

This...this could lead to some abuse. Chat pls.

• Options
    Julius wrote: »

For me it's every time.

Can you help me understand why?

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Julius wrote: »

For me it's every time.

Can you help me understand why?

depression

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Social propriety, anxiety, the natural evolution of social lives, inertia, the multitude of things in life, context, other friends you choose to give time to instead, etc etc

growing up didn't y'all pick up these understandings as a natural part of being a socialized human being

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    our brains non funziona molto bene

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

I can miss someone without wanting to write them a message. I don't enjoy writing messages very much, or long-form correspondence. In general, I'm not big on that sort of maintenance--let's have a phone call. No thanks.

In general, I meet up with old friends a few times a year--over the holidays, a summer trip, etc.,--and that's good for me. I enjoy their company a lot and I'm always happy to see them. If I had the chance to move to be closer to them, their presence would weigh heavily in my decision. But that being said, as much as I enjoy being around them and spending time with them, I'm just not that into e-mailings and etc.

This discussion has been closed.