As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM! Sale begins June 11th. IT HAS BEGUN!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The only winning move is not to play

but then somebody hits you anyway

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I got a foil card but it isn't worth shit

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    No it's worth like 17 cents

You can get half a bouncy ball with that

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'll sell you a hand-cut half a bouncy ball for .15

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    it's worth 28 cents, actually

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    @Liiya wait what is this thing about the three knots representing Jesus?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Whoah how had I not heard of total war arena before? 10 v 10 total war? I'm down.

Some of my favorite total war memories are playing 3 v 3, trying to get wing commanders to coordinated with a central commander helps give the army a more living, breathing feel.

10 v 10 should be darn interesting. Signed up for the beta!

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I have more money than time. My budget for Steam sales is less about the $ and more about howlongtobeat.com .

Still blow my time budget every time.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    corndogs are just a hot dog fried in cornmeal batter

I kind of want to try this:
    73Zge0K.jpg
    TzFNHRN.jpg

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    concerning that silly little massive cooperative cookie clicker game they've got going for the summer sale thing, I think this is a good time to quit out for the day.
    level%20666_zpsqgzosn58.jpg

and not just because the previous boss was the first to actually kill me multiple times with ease.

well, probably mainly that.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Welp, broke down and got Talos Principle. Steeeeaaaaam!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    concerning that silly little massive cooperative cookie clicker game they've got going for the summer sale thing, I think this is a good time to quit out for the day.

and not just because the previous boss was the first to actually kill me multiple times with ease.

I just ran into a weird probably bug in that thing.

Bosses ripped through my four million+ HP in, roughly, a second. Few bosses later, they're back to barely dealing chip damage.

'sweird.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

I just ran into a weird probably bug in that thing.

Bosses ripped through my four million+ HP in, roughly, a second. Few bosses later, they're back to barely dealing chip damage.

'sweird.

that's exactly what happened with my 1m+.

Edit: just checked in and the game I was in is still going and 20 level past that point. huh.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    How's the pc version of Devil May Cry 3?

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Not good!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    @Liiya wait what is this thing about the three knots representing Jesus?

@Straightzi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxKb9UCHrDI

If Stephen Fry said it its probably true!

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    What are the flash deals right now

• Options
    What are the flash deals right now

z8pp1cc6gi62.jpg

1.JPG 96.7K
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

73Zge0K.jpg
    TzFNHRN.jpg

Nah man

You really don't

Fucking Surprise Hot Dog strikes again

I THOUGHT IT WAS FRENCH FRIES ON A STICK BUT THEY LIED TO ME

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Are Injustice, Divinity: Dragon Commander, and the Bioshock Franchise worth their sales price?

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

73Zge0K.jpg
    TzFNHRN.jpg

Nah man

You really don't

I'm starting to feel like you just don't expect hot dogs in obvious locations.

All dropping a hot dog bun shrieking "SURPRISE HOT DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG!"

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Anybody have any experience with War for the Overworld?

I may have to wait on it anyway, looks a little resource intensive on my laptop, but damn it looks fun!

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular

I may have to wait on it anyway, looks a little resource intensive on my laptop, but damn it looks fun!

Solid dungeon keeper alike but it does feel a tad amateurish around the edges. Don't expect triple A, doesn't play quite as smoothly as DK 1 but it's not a bad attempt at revisiting the genre and it tries a lot of new things.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    quick FYI for anyone buying LEGO Indiana Jones (I know, I know, but I wanted to replay it)

There is a game breaking glitch that will not allow the characters to jump on built objects (i.e. platforms and bridges) making it impossible to play.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Fyndir you will have to take my word for it, that shit looks like french fries on a stick.

And who the fuck expects hot dogs in breakfast tacos.

Literally no one.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Also my reaction is more accurately described as a resigned, "God damn it," before I throw whatever it is away.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015

I read that Dungeons 2 is a better alternative if you're looking for Dungeon Keeper

73Zge0K.jpg
    TzFNHRN.jpg

Nah man

You really don't

That's the thing - it's both! Hands free!!

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Fyndir you will have to take my word for it, that shit looks like french fries on a stick.

And who the fuck expects hot dogs in breakfast tacos.

Literally no one.

I think

that the hot dogs followed you from Korea.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @el_vicio No... that's the worst part

Assuming those are the same as the ones that are sold on the street in Korea

They aren't french fry at all.

They are french fry shaped corn dog batter.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Ooooohhhh....well that sucks!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    How different is corndog batter from donut batter?

Because that's what that looks like at the top to me.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Man, an actual hot dog on a stick wrapped in a French Fry Weave (patent pending) and fried would be pretty damn great fair food.

The current crop of flash deals are bloody fantastic. Gone Home for $2.39, Gunpoint for $2 and Dust for $3 are all amazing. Good values for KR0 and Oceanhorn too.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Well typically one of the major differences would be that corn dog batter is made using cornmeal and donuts are not. Cake donuts, assuming that's the kind being discussed, would need a batter that could be thick enough to be cut or shaped, while corn dog batter just needs to stick in thick enough proportion to be deep-fried. So I'd wager, not having made either personally, that one has slightly more dry ingredient to wet. Also obviously donut batter would be slightly sweeter.

Those Korean corn dogs I don't think are made with cornmeal batter though, frankly.

And Krispy Kreme style donuts are yeast-based so a totally different creature.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    So I decided to try The Witcher 3 as my first experiment with my new GTX 970.

(immediate 60 fps)

"Okay, that's certainly better. But how far will that dip once I increase the settings?"

(turns Nvidia Hairworks to "All", no frame dip)

"Oh...well, good to know. But what about..."

(turns foliage density to high, postprocess effects to on. still no frame dip)

"......well, seems like this was a good investment."

Exciting! I'm going to order mine ASAP while the exchange rate is good. Hope it comes in time for Batman!

What processor do you have? That's probably the next thing for me, I'm still on my trusty i5 2500K.

An i5-2500K is still more than enough. Especially if you overclock it. It's going to go down in history as one of the god-tier processors, much like the i7-920 and the Q6600 before it.

• Options
    Oh hey actually about Steam

I got Nidhogg so if anyone wants to play some dumb swordfighting tonight or this weekend

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    quick FYI for anyone buying LEGO Indiana Jones (I know, I know, but I wanted to replay it)

There is a game breaking glitch that will not allow the characters to jump on built objects (i.e. platforms and bridges) making it impossible to play.

@Xaquin I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. Try turning off V-Sync.

Sounds stupid, I know, but it worked like a charm for me.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    monsterror wrote: »

man, really?!

I'll have to re-buy it as I got a refund

edit: I looked for a good hour and couldn't find a solution

Xaquin on
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    monsterror wrote: »

man, really?!

I'll have to re-buy it as I got a refund

edit: I looked for a good hour and couldn't find a solution

If you want, we can do the whole steam share thing to try it out. I had similar issues finding an answer too, though.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/32330/discussions/0/810938082523120387/

• Options
    edited June 2015
    When is the steam sale over?

edit: darn, not on sale anymore

maybe it'll come back by the end

Xaquin on
This discussion has been closed.